What do you think about the development process of this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
There are weapons in the armory and in the mansion on the second floor, you have to steal them at night.
Doors on the second floor of the mansion require expert lockpicking, unfortunately again could not find an answer to get expert lockpicking after searching the whole thread for answers with search function.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Doors on the second floor of the mansion require expert lockpicking, unfortunately again could not find an answer to get expert lockpicking after searching the whole thread for answers with search function.
Expert lockpicking is not in the game yet

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
It can be completed, she is kidnapped in the orc camp.
Right.. She is in the Orc camp, if I persuade the orc chief to let her go he asks for me to bring him weapons from the armory of the mansion on the second floor that I have to steal at night. The doors on the second floor of the mansion require expert lockpicking.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Was curious by the way: is Julieth being sexually abused by her father? When she treats MC's wound she says that she treats her father almost every day, then she gives him a handjob saying that it is supposed to help with recovery. My logical conclusion is that her father taught her that.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Was curious by the way: is Julieth being sexually abused by her father? When she treats MC's wound she says that she treats her father almost every day, then she gives him a handjob saying that it is supposed to help with recovery. My logical conclusion is that her father taught her that.
This part is not yet fully developed, the story with Julieth will be explained more in the future.

Anscarius

Apr 12, 2020
Hello, I have several problems with the missions, with 13 left (out of 30). How do you feed the castle's inhabitants? In the quest The Benefits of Squire, I talk to Lady Madisson and she only tells me to destroy the orc camp, and then she doesn't talk to me anymore. In the mission the good girl, what should we give to Julieth?, and several are in development. Thank you
I still haven't met the witch and I can't find the room in the baron's house.
I also have the meat picked up but I can't/know where to deliver it.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
Hello, I have several problems with the missions, with 13 left (out of 30). How do you feed the castle's inhabitants? In the quest The Benefits of Squire, I talk to Lady Madisson and she only tells me to destroy the orc camp, and then she doesn't talk to me anymore. In the mission the good girl, what should we give to Julieth?, and several are in development. Thank you
Hello, People in the castle can't be fed in this update yet, Lady Maddisson's Good Path ends there for now- in version 0.20.0 there is a new quest Dinner with the Ladies for both paths Good/Bad, You can give Julieth a fine ring or a crystal necklace.
You get a fine ring when you defeat Viktor in a fight on the training ground, but I'm not sure where the crystal necklace is now.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
I still haven't met the witch and I can't find the room in the baron's house.
I also have the meat picked up but I can't/know where to deliver it.
Honestly I couldn't find the crystal necklace anywhere, I think I forgot to add it, so if you don't have the fine ring, here's a patch where you can get the crystal necklace in the castle.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Hello, People in the castle can't be fed in this update yet, Lady Maddisson's Good Path ends there for now- in version 0.20.0 there is a new quest Dinner with the Ladies for both paths Good/Bad, You can give Julieth a fine ring or a crystal necklace.
You get a fine ring when you defeat Viktor in a fight on the training ground, but I'm not sure where the crystal necklace is now.
I just want to say that if you compliment Julieth and kiss her you can't talk to her anymore and can't give the ring, it just says ''I already talked to her today'' every time, even if you rest and come back next day.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
I just want to say that if you compliment Julieth and kiss her you can't talk to her anymore and can't give the ring, it just says ''I already talked to her today'' every time, even if you rest and come back next day.
Thank you, here is the fix.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
@NoblemanHenry

Anyway, after getting to the last check point in the game my few cents:

1) For an RPGM games the UI is godlike, I really like how everything is sorted, the inventory, journal, skills etc.
That said all that needs to be fixed in this regard is the hotbar so we can assign things there.

2) The movement and the combat is very fluid and fast, that is also amazing.

3) The skill tree has a lot of potential, though right now obviously some passives do not work and also seems like a LOT of them only unlock after certain quests. Also I think that going to the tree is a bit tedious. It would be nice if the skill tree was one of the buttons on the UI in the menu after we unlock the passive points.

I would say that all the negatives of this game have to do with two things:
1) How unintuitive and vague the quest description is.
2) How some things seems to be impossible to accomplish, or are confusing, or are bugs:
Example: You need to steal weapons from the mansion but you need to do it at night, you can only get the key from the mansion if you become the guard of the baroness, otherwise the mansion is closed at night and requires higher level lockpicking to open, and you can't pass time while you are inside (Why can't we pass time in buildings??). But if you defeat the orc chieftain the first time he attacks and become a guard then you go to the orc camp and for some reason can't attack them like the baroness asked you to do, you just can't click that option, and then they ask you to steal the weapons AND Gareth's sword, but where the weapons are supposed to be there is ONLY Gareth's sword in the same spot, so you can't complete that quest because you need both. Then another weird thing that happens in the same quest is that you get the guard two-handed sword if you defend the mansion successfully against the chief, which MORPHS into the chief sword once you meet Garona for some reason, or maybe it is removed from the inventory and the other one gets added to your inventory, I don't know what is happening there.

Some other things that are game breaking or weird:

Julieth:
If you give the ring to Julieth you can have sex with her later at her house, if you try to repeat it and have sex with her again next night then the scene doesn't trigger and the screen is dark and you can move around inside her house but you can't see anything even with a torch, basically I hear footsteps and that I am going through doors if I click around while the screen is black.

Mother:
When you become a guard to baroness you can go talk to mother about that, she asks you to have her debt pardoned. You can't do that because it is expensive, you can pay it off later ( but not in this version of the game, so that is a dead end for now, fair enough ) but what happens next is that every time you talk to mother after that she asks you if you've taken care of the debt yet, which means you can't pay her 25 silver for the house anymore, which means you can't stay at the house and steal panties from sister for example or have sex with her anymore. Sidenote: does sister really have nothing to say about that later? No relationship changes?

In general mother house is buggy. I pay her 25 silver and can stay at the house BUT sometimes I can enter the house at night, which I should be able to, I need to have the key, but sometimes I CAN'T, sometimes the door is closed and I can't get in even though I paid the 25 silver, so for example what happens is - for example I want to have sex with sister, so I need to wait for the night, but I can only wait by resting at my bed inside the house, because if I exit the house and wait for the night outside the house, the house is closed and I can't get in, which means I have to sleep somewhere else.

Also the quest The benefits of the squire is stuck on not completed even though it is marked with a green check mark as completed, we tell the mother we are a squire and it is still an active quest for some reason after we do tell her. Same thing with Queens and whores, the quest doesn't say ( to be continued in next version ) there is a green check mark but the quest is active.

Tavern:
I don't like that the scene that prompts the question about Truth or Dare prompts every time I come into the tavern late at night, because I couldn't stay with mother anymore, as described above in the mother section, I started to sleep at the tavern, I got a room for 20 silver for a week and I go there late at night to just go to my room and sleep. It is annoying to have this scene prompt and her saying I shouldn't be there so late. Like excuse me? I sleep here. And then when you decline scene you are thrown out of the tavern and have to go in again to go to your room.

We should really be able to RENT a room at night as well. This thought came into my mind when I paid for mothers house, but couldn't enter it at night, as described above in the mother section, so I wanted to sleep at the tavern instead, but it is night, the truth or dare scene prompts but you can't rent a room, I can't sleep with Julieth again, as described in the Julieth section, I can't sleep at the mansion even though the baroness told be I should be able to ( Side note: why exactly is there no active bed for the MC in the baroness mansion after you become a guard? ) so that leaves only granary to sleep in which means I get a stamina penalty.

Money:
How exactly are we supposed to earn money? There is one quest related job, then there is no opportunity to work in town to earn money, so we are on borrowed time, mobs and loot are limited, they don't respawn, quest rewards are one-time thing, so sooner or later you will run out of money to continue to pay rent. And we can also never buy the expensive items from the armorer because we don't have any income.

Goblin:
Are we really leaving the poor guy who cooperated with us and saved us in the cellar with the elves after we come back and talk to them? No way to get him out.

Relationships window:
Is very.. useless. First of all the girls that are listed there are completely arbitrary since you can change love / respect with some girls that are not listed there, and in general the opportunities for such changes are extremely limited. Basically it just doesn't do anything useful. If you plan expanding that later fair enough, maybe just as a start add ALL the girls we interact with there to at least be able to read their background? I have only 4 girls there: Mother / Sister / Madison / Garona, where is Julieth / Elves / Madisson daughter ( forgot her name ) etc?

Other than that, super minor note: it would be nice if the armorer merchant would be useful, like the other merchants. He sells two pieces of gear which are both armor, and are very expensive, impossible to buy without cheating money, so you can't upgrade your armor / weapons unless you find something. The tailor on the other hand is super useful with three items that can boost your stats, every other merchant is useful besides armorer, they sell food and stuff.

That is all from me for now.

Edit: Oh yeah and I also forgot what the hell is the fight with the basilisk? Why is it not a real time fight? Why is it suddenly turn based combat? Why can't I use my weapon attacks to fight it? I can't use fist fight for some reason, it is greyed out, so I can't attack, there is no run away option. So.. all I can do is alt+F4.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: noblone

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Kingdom: Wrath of the Dark Lady [v0.19.6] [NobleoneStudio] Compressed

PC (728MB) -

Fix is already included!
If you like the game, then support the dev.

noblone

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2021
@NoblemanHenry

Anyway, after getting to the last check point in the game my few cents:

1) For an RPGM games the UI is godlike, I really like how everything is sorted, the inventory, journal, skills etc.
That said all that needs to be fixed in this regard is the hotbar so we can assign things there.

2) The movement and the combat is very fluid and fast, that is also amazing.

3) The skill tree has a lot of potential, though right now obviously some passives do not work and also seems like a LOT of them only unlock after certain quests. Also I think that going to the tree is a bit tedious. It would be nice if the skill tree was one of the buttons on the UI in the menu after we unlock the passive points.

I would say that all the negatives of this game have to do with two things:
1) How unintuitive and vague the quest description is.
2) How some things seems to be impossible to accomplish, or are confusing, or are bugs:
Example: You need to steal weapons from the mansion but you need to do it at night, you can only get the key from the mansion if you become the guard of the baroness, otherwise the mansion is closed at night and requires higher level lockpicking to open, and you can't pass time while you are inside (Why can't we pass time in buildings??). But if you defeat the orc chieftain the first time he attacks and become a guard then you go to the orc camp and for some reason can't attack them like the baroness asked you to do, you just can't click that option, and then they ask you to steal the weapons AND Gareth's sword, but where the weapons are supposed to be there is ONLY Gareth's sword in the same spot, so you can't complete that quest because you need both. Then another weird thing that happens in the same quest is that you get the guard two-handed sword if you defend the mansion successfully against the chief, which MORPHS into the chief sword once you meet Garona for some reason, or maybe it is removed from the inventory and the other one gets added to your inventory, I don't know what is happening there.

Some other things that are game breaking or weird:

Julieth:
If you give the ring to Julieth you can have sex with her later at her house, if you try to repeat it and have sex with her again next night then the scene doesn't trigger and the screen is dark and you can move around inside her house but you can't see anything even with a torch, basically I hear footsteps and that I am going through doors if I click around while the screen is black.

Mother:
When you become a guard to baroness you can go talk to mother about that, she asks you to have her debt pardoned. You can't do that because it is expensive, you can pay it off later ( but not in this version of the game, so that is a dead end for now, fair enough ) but what happens next is that every time you talk to mother after that she asks you if you've taken care of the debt yet, which means you can't pay her 25 silver for the house anymore, which means you can't stay at the house and steal panties from sister for example or have sex with her anymore. Sidenote: does sister really have nothing to say about that later? No relationship changes?

In general mother house is buggy. I pay her 25 silver and can stay at the house BUT sometimes I can enter the house at night, which I should be able to, I need to have the key, but sometimes I CAN'T, sometimes the door is closed and I can't get in even though I paid the 25 silver, so for example what happens is - for example I want to have sex with sister, so I need to wait for the night, but I can only wait by resting at my bed inside the house, because if I exit the house and wait for the night outside the house, the house is closed and I can't get in, which means I have to sleep somewhere else.

Also the quest The benefits of the squire is stuck on not completed even though it is marked with a green check mark as completed, we tell the mother we are a squire and it is still an active quest for some reason after we do tell her. Same thing with Queens and whores, the quest doesn't say ( to be continued in next version ) there is a green check mark but the quest is active.

Tavern:
I don't like that the scene that prompts the question about Truth or Dare prompts every time I come into the tavern late at night, because I couldn't stay with mother anymore, as described above in the mother section, I started to sleep at the tavern, I got a room for 20 silver for a week and I go there late at night to just go to my room and sleep. It is annoying to have this scene prompt and her saying I shouldn't be there so late. Like excuse me? I sleep here. And then when you decline scene you are thrown out of the tavern and have to go in again to go to your room.

We should really be able to RENT a room at night as well. This thought came into my mind when I paid for mothers house, but couldn't enter it at night, as described above in the mother section, so I wanted to sleep at the tavern instead, but it is night, the truth or dare scene prompts but you can't rent a room, I can't sleep with Julieth again, as described in the Julieth section, I can't sleep at the mansion even though the baroness told be I should be able to ( Side note: why exactly is there no active bed for the MC in the baroness mansion after you become a guard? ) so that leaves only granary to sleep in which means I get a stamina penalty.

Money:
How exactly are we supposed to earn money? There is one quest related job, then there is no opportunity to work in town to earn money, so we are on borrowed time, mobs and loot are limited, they don't respawn, quest rewards are one-time thing, so sooner or later you will run out of money to continue to pay rent. And we can also never buy the expensive items from the armorer because we don't have any income.

Goblin:
Are we really leaving the poor guy who cooperated with us and saved us in the cellar with the elves after we come back and talk to them? No way to get him out.

Relationships window:
Is very.. useless. First of all the girls that are listed there are completely arbitrary since you can change love / respect with some girls that are not listed there, and in general the opportunities for such changes are extremely limited. Basically it just doesn't do anything useful. If you plan expanding that later fair enough, maybe just as a start add ALL the girls we interact with there to at least be able to read their background? I have only 4 girls there: Mother / Sister / Madison / Garona, where is Julieth / Elves / Madisson daughter ( forgot her name ) etc?

Other than that, super minor note: it would be nice if the armorer merchant would be useful, like the other merchants. He sells two pieces of gear which are both armor, and are very expensive, impossible to buy without cheating money, so you can't upgrade your armor / weapons unless you find something. The tailor on the other hand is super useful with three items that can boost your stats, every other merchant is useful besides armorer, they sell food and stuff.

That is all from me for now.

Edit: Oh yeah and I also forgot what the hell is the fight with the basilisk? Why is it not a real time fight? Why is it suddenly turn based combat? Why can't I use my weapon attacks to fight it? I can't use fist fight for some reason, it is greyed out, so I can't attack, there is no run away option. So.. all I can do is alt+F4.
Thanks so much for this comment, I really appreciate it and I can't disagree, the game is very complicated because of the many changes, there were many things in the plan that I left undone, currently, I'm trying to push only new content and just move forward, it would take a long time to redo some parts/quests once again, but when you sum it up like this you've made it much easier for me. I will take into account everything you mentioned and implement it in version 0.22. (y)

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes