3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Haha yeah. Sorry. Because dialogue branches a lot when you account for both scenarios sometimes stuff like that slips in.
Yeah I know, it's perfectly understandable. But there's no branching here: I just started the game and that is what I got.

Later on she stops being his mother again for a while (but still very concerned about the taboo nature of their relationship):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh also, while I'm at it: A slight pronoun mix-up here (should be 'her king', or better 'her master' since she's speaking in generalities).

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yeah I know, it's perfectly understandable. But there's no branching here: I just started the game and that is what I got.

Later on she stops being his mother again for a while (but still very concerned about the taboo nature of their relationship):

Oh also, while I'm at it: A slight pronoun mix-up here (should be 'her king', or better 'her master' since she's speaking in generalities).
I know. It's just that rather than just changing the name I usually make two different sentences, and show whichever is needed depending if the kink is activated or not. On that specific occasion I just forgot to add the non-kink one.

That is because I imagine it would be taboo to be with your father's widow anyway.

Whoops. Thank you haha. My bad.

Reactions: gregers

Shagmonkey

Jul 29, 2017
Anyone know which variable in save editor online controls the affection or love of a character and its coinciding suspicion bar. Like i accepted my Sisters advances when she came to my champer while i was scribing letters and such with a pitcher of ale or rum and followed her route i think ya can call it and her suspicion bar for people suspecting her of lewd or treasonis plans and i want to lower it with save editor online. If anyone can point out the character affection and suspicion variable tied to them much obliged.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Anyone know which variable in save editor online controls the affection or love of a character and its coinciding suspicion bar. Like i accepted my Sisters advances when she came to my champer while i was scribing letters and such with a pitcher of ale or rum and followed her route i think ya can call it and her suspicion bar for people suspecting her of lewd or treasonis plans and i want to lower it with save editor online. If anyone can point out the character affection and suspicion variable tied to them much obliged.
I could tell you but I don't think it would help you much. It's in an array and the save editor really dislikes those.

As for the suspicion you can breath easy, since as of today, losing from that is not yet implemented.

Reactions: Gabaw

sinister_gaze

Jan 15, 2021
Does the event with Ursa happen only once? I let them "hunt" first time because my strength was not enough. Now is it possible to get this event for the second time?

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
Man i dont even know which event to look for when it comes to the northern girl, i fought vikings and northern raiders but no sign of any scenes.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is there any way to force random events to trigger? I'm on week 182 without seeing hide nor hair of the witch or the Valkrii.

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
I recall pitching nearly the same game to a programmer friend several years past, so along with the game I have to thank the developer for the trip down memory lane. I still have mockups and design documents I looked at and it gave me a smile.

So far, good work on the game as well! The beginning feels almost unfairly unforgiving, but I think it's meant to as a design choice for ascending to a throne you weren't ready for. The H-content is sexy with well written dialogue, though in this release it's still a bit sparse on the whole. Court events do feel almost unnecessarily random, and existing content isn't signposted very well to the player. In spite of these things, worth a look for sure.

I noticed if you click the throne on the daily screen you also get some sort of text that looks almost Arabic (Elvish?), not sure what that's about though.

Is there any way to force random events to trigger? I'm on week 182 without seeing hide nor hair of the witch or the Valkrii.
You need history and linguistics for the Valkrii event, so make sure you're proficient there beforehand.
You can use console and "jump valkriicourt" for the Valkrii event or "jump court_witch" for the Witch event.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
I like the concept of Reigns as an adult game. It was quite fun playing that aspect of the game. Thanks for adding the easy setting because I like my games as I like my coffee... easy (That makes no sense). The first time that I played the game, I forgot to interact with the mother and sister before the death of the father and as a result after playing for a few hours and maxing out all the skills, I realized that I couldn't interact with them at all. I liked the Queen's story the best. Although they are fun there is a problem with this kind of games and that is they are only worthy of investing time in if they are completed. I can't spend multiple hours only to be blue balled. Conclusion: Good concept and fun game but I will wait for completion before trying it again.

• Red Heart

vidyaa

Mar 6, 2018
Great game, found myself hooked and the hours flew by.

In my first run, the Ursa event happened really early. I was barely getting my economy going and figuring out what to do, so I had no chance of passing the skill checks. I don't know if the event can fire twice or not. In my second game, it appeared after 90+ days (weeks?), when I'd already maxed a few stats and upgraded all my buildings.

In the initial stage, you've basically got to focus on economy buildings and pray that the RNG doesn't throw an 80-100 enemy army at you. After that you start snowballing.

It'd be nice if you could add hover-over text to your stats, explaining what each one does. Early on it's a bit of a guessing game to figure out what to train first.

Maybe you could also add something like paying for a fortune teller or mystic to "predict" what each option changes in events? So you could see that option 1 is -10 nobles and option 2 is -10 peasants.

Oh yeah, once I was an archer in the back of a really long battle against 70 enemies, very close fight, narrowly won. It gave me so much experience that my Strength and Archery stats were maxed out by it, lol. The next day though, they went back down to what they were before. Not gonna make it that easy for us, huh? :LOL:

• Red Heart

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You need history and linguistics for the Valkrii event, so make sure you're proficient there beforehand.
You can use console and "jump valkriicourt" for the Valkrii event or "jump court_witch" for the Witch event.
Yeah, in the end I just label jumped to trigger them; shouldn't really be necessary though.

The Valkrii event is doubly tricky because it's only allowed to trigger if it's been a few days since your last skirmish. So even if the event pops up (sixtytwoe), there's a good chance it'll be shuffled back in the deck without you ever hearing of it.

Ozzymandias

Sep 29, 2017
Not sure if this is a bug but i dipped below 0 for 1 turn and now all the buildings outside my city are getting ruined cause im pretty sure they are set to defunded but of course they have no button to change that.

praznkmr021

Mar 6, 2020
Like the concept a lot and i have been on it for a few hours but i feel like i did not trigger many events in main story. I triggered Valkrii and witch and not much else. Am i missing something? I am already at week 300 ish. help me out please

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes