3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

AZX

Apr 28, 2017
Woah, really? Thanks a lot for remaining interested!
yeah
it has a lot of possibility, like the ability to choose your ministers or generals
have queen and multi concubines
add another kingdoms with difference race to pillage them or make friendships with them
a lot of fetishes can be added too

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
yeah
it has a lot of possibility, like the ability to choose your ministers or generals
have queen and multi concubines
add another kingdoms with difference race to pillage them or make friendships with them
a lot of fetishes can be added too
For a while I did thought about having some sort of small council in which you could choose advisors for different bonuses, or making them like you or dislike you more. Right now I'm not so sure anymore. For big battles on the other hand I still don't know exactly what I'll do.

Queen and multiple concubines would definitely be a thing.

I definitely want to add different kingdoms to conquer or ally, but I think I should finish the domestic stuff first.

And as far as fetishes go I also made a poll to get a sense of what people would like to see.

Reactions: AZX

AZX

Apr 28, 2017
For a while I did thought about having some sort of small council in which you could choose advisors for different bonuses, or making them like you or dislike you more. Right now I'm not so sure anymore. For big battles on the other hand I still don't know exactly what I'll do.

Queen and multiple concubines would definitely be a thing.

I definitely want to add different kingdoms to conquer or ally, but I think I should finish the domestic stuff first.

And as far as fetishes go I also made a poll to get a sense of what people would like to see.
for the council i don't have have idea about how you can implemented

but for battles you may like the idea of Gwent card game from witcher 3 , you can gain the card from quest or from pillage other kingdom or by simply spend gold to Recruit from your kingdom peasant card and level it up to knight card

yeah i remember the poll i participate in it ;)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
for the council i don't have have idea about how you can implemented

but for battles you may like the idea of Gwent card game from witcher 3 , you can gain the card from quest or from pillage other kingdom or by simply spend gold to Recruit from your kingdom peasant card and level it up to knight card

yeah i remember the poll i participate in it ;)

You know, for a moment I did thought about making it like a sort of card game, so much so that the unit cards do look like part of a card game. I didn't end up going through with that just for the sheer amount of effort doing something like that, as barebones as could it be, would amount to. Right now I'm more inclined to do something like ck2 but with random events between each turn. And as for recruiting units, I made it so some buildings give you peasant levys, which are free but weak, and then other buildings give equipment and training points to upgrade them.

oh haha, good. Glad you did.

AZX

Apr 28, 2017
You know, for a moment I did thought about making it like a sort of card game, so much so that the unit cards do look like part of a card game. I didn't end up going through with that just for the sheer amount of effort doing something like that, as barebones as could it be, would amount to. Right now I'm more inclined to do something like ck2 but with random events between each turn. And as for recruiting units, I made it so some buildings give you peasant levys, which are free but weak, and then other buildings give equipment and training points to upgrade them.

oh haha, good. Glad you did.
if you played Gwent card game you may see it's easier from battle system to create and implemented and also provide the player with challenge and tactics but it's your call

ck2 events have alot of variables affecting the events but events well sure make the game more fun and randomize

i look forward to your game and good luck dev

• Red Heart

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
if you played Gwent card game you may see it's easier from battle system to create and implemented and also provide the player with challenge and tactics but it's your call

ck2 events have alot of variables affecting the events but events well sure make the game more fun and randomize

i look forward to your game and good luck dev
Thanks a lot! I'll take your considerations to heart

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Such a promising game! I loved Long Live the Queen and Kingdom Building things (books/videogames). I'm so excited to play this again in the future. It is also somewhat hard (I lost a lot) which is very cool.

There seems to be a bug (loop) with the witch event repeating itself if I go personally. And it seem like in some playthroughs I could take to some and in others not. I'm guessing it is because of the stats: it is understandable that being a certain type of person (warrior/artist/etc.) would lead to having different acquaintances or interactions, but in reality, it isn't very intuitive why I can, for example, talk with the queen on some playthroughs and not in others.

• Red Heart

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Such a promising game! I loved Long Live the Queen and Kingdom Building things (books/videogames). I'm so excited to play this again in the future. It is also somewhat hard (I lost a lot) which is very cool.

There seems to be a bug (loop) with the witch event repeating itself if I go personally. And it seem like in some playthroughs I could take to some and in others not. I'm guessing it is because of the stats: it is understandable that being a certain type of person (warrior/artist/etc.) would lead to having different acquaintances or interactions, but in reality, it isn't very intuitive why I can, for example, talk with the queen on some playthroughs and not in others.
Sorry for taking this long to reply!

I'm really glad that you like the idea of the game, I love all of those too, hence this game haha. Regarding the difficulty however I just added three difficulty levels, each one more forgiving that the last. The hardest one being pretty similar to how it is right now, although I do want to make it a tad more easier because that's a regular complain hahaha.

Thank you for letting me know about the witch loop! I'll look into it. Regarding the queen however, does the character appears only on the first day or it doesn't appear at all? Because right now most characters that appear from the get go only appear during the first days, and if you don't talk to them they kinda disappear from the game. I made it that way so people wouldn't end up with a clutter of characters that they're not interested in once I added more. But the characters that are unlocked appear for everyone regardless of the skills, or at least that should be the case. Skills only enter to truly unlock some of the secret ones or to advance their story. And talking about the queen specifically it might be easy to lose her because she has only one event, and if you don't click on it on the first day she disappears. Regardless it's true that I need to add a tutorial at some point, I just wanted to finish most of the mechanics first.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Tags, screens & description does not really give hint about what kind of game this is, sexually speaking.
So in short, what are your options as a king in this game? Do you marry a princess, build harem or do you chase peasant girls around the fields?
Thanks in advance.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Tags, screens & description does not really give hint about what kind of game this is, sexually speaking.
So in short, what are your options as a king in this game? Do you marry a princess, build harem or do you chase peasant girls around the fields?
Thanks in advance.

Whoops I didn't see this, sorry. So far I have the first and the second planned.

Reactions: Daba

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
xD With that review I think I'll pass for a while.
it's like every game from David Lynch, full of choices and if you choose wrong...reload the most recent previous file and hope you're lucky (i ragequitted bc i messed up the entire character arc of a character, and miss-clicked one important plot choice = no perfect true ending where everyone lives happily ever after i'm a bit of an OCD...so the idea of re-doing something over and over and over, pisses me off a lot)

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
my version was so buggy that i ragequitted, i wasn't even able to use the mouse at all! XD
Well with me everybody lived except my love interest. So you know how pissed off I was. If I ever go back using a massive save editor cheat. Not doing that grind again.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes