3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
I see, well I will post the save, so you take a look, sometimes I like to push the game boundaries to see what happens xD.

PD: sometimes at battle the enemy counter goes up infinetly.
PD2: (only added gold 1 time and can't add more anymore xD)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I see, well I will post the save, so you take a look, sometimes I like to push the game boundaries to see what happens xD.

PD: sometimes at battle the enemy counter goes up infinetly.
PD2: (only added gold 1 time and can't add more anymore xD)
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a check.

The battle one did happen to me once I think, and I think the archers are at fault because they either don't move or the player doesn't have enough archers to kill them. It'll be good to have the save so I can recreate it.

And for the gold I don't know how you added it hahaha.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
I see, weel it was that save, redid battle and worked fin.
Just went to saveeditor online and changeg gold from 50 to 300 for example, but then it disapeared, no more cheating xD
PD: Inn is free real state, 0 gold to upgrade

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I see, weel it was that save, redid battle and worked fin.
Just went to saveeditor online and changeg gold from 50 to 300 for example, but then it disapeared, no more cheating xD
PD: Inn is free real state, co gold to upgrade
Yeah, that's why it was hard to pinpoint it.

Lol I didn't know there was a save editor so I honestly have no idea hahaha.

Hahah I didn't know I made it that good. I thought only the mine was op. Hopefully it's not game breaking.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
it could be worse...you could have made an RPGmaker game...which for some reason you can't adjust the resolution
Ahhh to make a game in rpg maker. That's actually where I made my first game as a kid. Then I moved to game maker, so if I made an rpg now I would make it there. Rpgmaker has a special place in my heart, but those games are always super slow as well hahaha.

Reactions: Lilshiv

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Ahhh to make a game in rpg maker. That's actually where I made my first game as a kid. Then I moved to game maker, so if I made an rpg now I would make it there. Rpgmaker has a special place in my heart, but those games are always super slow as well hahaha.
and has soooo many different version, that i've problems to play them, sometimes you either play fullscreen or play in a super-small window and you must play with the face glued to the screen

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
and has soooo many different version, that i've problems to play them, sometimes you either play fullscreen or play in a super-small window and you must play with the face glued to the screen
Hahaha I feel you. I can think of a couple of games like that.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Well, "Princes maker" + Reigns + let me throw you 90 bandits, when you have 30 soldiers and can't actually hire more.
It's a complicated system and it's mostly badly explained for idiots like me - I still don't really know how to make weapons. First try I started on easy and tried to be a soldier king. Died the moment I entered battle. Second try as soldier - no battles for 30+ weeks and later the above thing. Third try - the amount of failed skill checks made me just refuse to play more.
Maybe with enough variety of events skills would mean something, but atm it feels as pure RNG.
Not a bad game, but it does remind me mostly of Princess Maker and I kind of hated that game for how much of a puzzle with RNG it was.
Art is decent and obviously the dev knows the engine well enough to modify it well.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Well, "Princes maker" + Reigns + let me throw you 90 bandits, when you have 30 soldiers and can't actually hire more.
It's a complicated system and it's mostly badly explained for idiots like me - I still don't really know how to make weapons. First try I started on easy and tried to be a soldier king. Died the moment I entered battle. Second try as soldier - no battles for 30+ weeks and later the above thing. Third try - the amount of failed skill checks made me just refuse to play more.
Maybe with enough variety of events skills would mean something, but atm it feels as pure RNG.
Not a bad game, but it does remind me mostly of Princess Maker and I kind of hated that game for how much of a puzzle with RNG it was.
Art is decent and obviously the dev knows the engine well enough to modify it well.

Hahahaha I'm sorry for all of that.

As for the bandits you can take the hit on support if you think they'll beat you. The hit is not that bad if they're just bandits.

For weapons you buy the shops and then set them to support the war effort (That's the button next to update.) And there's also some laws to get equipment. I do need to give better options for that however, because in my runs I mostly just use the soldiers that I capture in battle.

For going into battle you need a high level on endurance or you'll die almost immediately. Or you can become an archer, those don't get into dangerous situations as much.

Lol I'm surprised you got lucky with no battles.

As for the skill checks, I wouldn't really sweat it that much if you fail them. I don't think I'm making it so you can succeed in all of them, I make them so every character build has a time to shine. So unless it's something super important you're really not losing a whole lot. There's no rng for skill checks tho! There's like five levels of skill checks that change depending on the difficulty. In hard it's something like 15, 25, 50, 75 and 100. With the vast majority being one of the first three.

Lol that last compliment makes me glad that at least someone thinks that's the case for both. Cause I don't haha.

Last edited:

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
i watched the romance on youtube and all of them are pretty weak...like there aren't many scenes...that's why i prefer Divinity Original Sin 2...simpler mechanics, decent turn-based combat and more fluid than Pathfinder Kingmaker, and decent romances...and the ending is limited (to a degree) on a three-choice thing(like mass effect 3...but with an epilogue for every characters and locations of the game based on what you did in those places and how you did things)
Yeah i went to youtube too. Divinity OS2 is good some reason I prefer 1 over 2. I like the idea you create one male and one female and have them talking to each other. Either way they all are great games and I'm sure Kingmaker would be great too.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes