3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
What is the AP that you got and the number of banners as well as the season?
24-ish AP, banners around 25, season not sure what season i was in. wasn't winter though.

but anyways imo any travel time going father than 4 or 5 weeks from one territory to another is nuts. i really think you should hard cap the max amount of travel time there could be to around 4 or 5 weeks regardless of conditions for player enjoyment reasons. like correct me if i'm wrong but default no roads improved 4 weeks is the standard from one territory within the kingdom itself right? add bad conditions like low moral, enemy territory, mountain or desert region, harsh seasonal climate and i think that should only extend the travel time by a week from default. reason being is because it over punishes the player via grinding weeks and other repercussions and makes it 'impossible'-ish to conquest the realm later on.

that being said, for some feedback on territory conquest. i like it. i think the total amount of time spent to conquer a territory should be balanced a little better, but by making it cost a lot of time it would make it easier to respond to enemy conquests. i'm honestly thinking the defensive fortifications should factor into how long it would take more so than total territory size though. and that there could be options to destroy the infrastructure to 'quickly' conquer and which assets is the player willing to sacrifice for the speed gained. personally i'd likely opt to destroy the fortifications (excluding castles) to speed things up and MAYBE farmland/resource. but i'd probably never touch the roads unless i absolutely strategically had to. those things take WAY too long to upgrade and are way too useful militarily.

also spitball idea/suggestion. make levies excel at conquering a territory. maybe as a sacrificial ability. with the logic of them becoming apart of the territory working the land under your new soon to be established rule, or just human wave tactics that wear down the territory's resistance to your more trained army. another option is just to make it a passive buff where they are just speed up the process by x weeks compared to an army without them in equal weight.

Reactions: harem.king

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Just the cheat codes on this save, I think.
Edit: I did use saveeditoronline to check variables.
Does using saveeditonline means you checked the variables and then download the save from there?

I'm just confused cause there's a bunch of infinite loops that I don't usually experience.

Bridget_The_Nun

Certified Benis Inspector
Donor
Jan 20, 2017
Does using saveeditonline means you checked the variables and then download the save from there?

I'm just confused cause there's a bunch of infinite loops that I don't usually experience.
I did but I didn't alter the values, might have been that, but I tried returning to a previous save without the event interaction and it kept on going but it seems every time a new optional event triggers while one is running in the background, they immediately trigger an infinite loop at the start of next week after court.

Edit: Upon further inspection its apparently appointing Eleanor as the Captain of the kingsgard that triggers optional event [[u'steel_5', 1, 0]] that causes the crash

Last edited:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
24-ish AP, banners around 25, season not sure what season i was in. wasn't winter though.

but anyways imo any travel time going father than 4 or 5 weeks from one territory to another is nuts. i really think you should hard cap the max amount of travel time there could be to around 4 or 5 weeks regardless of conditions for player enjoyment reasons. like correct me if i'm wrong but default no roads improved 4 weeks is the standard from one territory within the kingdom itself right? add bad conditions like low moral, enemy territory, mountain or desert region, harsh seasonal climate and i think that should only extend the travel time by a week from default. reason being is because it over punishes the player via grinding weeks and other repercussions and makes it 'impossible'-ish to conquest the realm later on.

that being said, for some feedback on territory conquest. i like it. i think the total amount of time spent to conquer a territory should be balanced a little better, but by making it cost a lot of time it would make it easier to respond to enemy conquests. i'm honestly thinking the defensive fortifications should factor into how long it would take more so than total territory size though. and that there could be options to destroy the infrastructure to 'quickly' conquer and which assets is the player willing to sacrifice for the speed gained. personally i'd likely opt to destroy the fortifications (excluding castles) to speed things up and MAYBE farmland/resource. but i'd probably never touch the roads unless i absolutely strategically had to. those things take WAY too long to upgrade and are way too useful militarily.

also spitball idea/suggestion. make levies excel at conquering a territory. maybe as a sacrificial ability. with the logic of them becoming apart of the territory working the land under your new soon to be established rule, or just human wave tactics that wear down the territory's resistance to your more trained army. another option is just to make it a passive buff where they are just speed up the process by x weeks compared to an army without them in equal weight.
Yeah, the new travel system is new and certainly needs more balancing.

Conquering stuff is also in its earliest stage. I just wanted to have a base to start branching out to other places of the map without relying on luck of raids. But destroying infrastructure is a good idea.

I can something like using manpower to speed up conquering a territory.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I did but I didn't alter the values, might have been that, but I tried returning to a previous save without the event interaction and it kept on going but it seems every time a new optional event triggers while one is running in the background, they immediately trigger an infinite loop at the start of next week after court.

Edit: Upon further inspection its apparently appointing Eleanor as the Captain of the kingsgard that triggers optional event [[u'steel_5', 1, 0]] that causes the crash

Thank you! That will make finding the issue faster.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Yeah, the new travel system is new and certainly needs more balancing.

Conquering stuff is also in its earliest stage. I just wanted to have a base to start branching out to other places of the map without relying on luck of raids. But destroying infrastructure is a good idea.

I can something like using manpower to speed up conquering a territory.
ya know speaking of destroying infrastructure, it'd be interesting to develop a grievance system of sorts. like say if we as players gain say over 25 to 49 grievances via bad trade deals/canceling trade deals, disrespecting their borders, etc they are prone to invade and conquer a territory or two. but at 50 to 74 grievances they start to actively target and destroy defensive structures, and at 75+ they'd want to destroy our entire culture and everything we've built or touched. well unless certain circumstances apply, like say an empire on world conquest doesn't give 2 flying fucks about how high or low grievances are for or against them. and their modus operandi remains forever unchanged unless a NAP (non-aggression pact) or alliance with them is established.

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
I'm getting this error when visiting Eleonor in the morning.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 39523, in script
if characterInfo['steel']['Mood']['Current'] = 'Pissed':
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (script.rpy, line 39523)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
raise e

Darwin-23.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.16 0.16
Tue Dec 19 19:03:51 2023

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
ya know speaking of destroying infrastructure, it'd be interesting to develop a grievance system of sorts. like say if we as players gain say over 25 to 49 grievances via bad trade deals/canceling trade deals, disrespecting their borders, etc they are prone to invade and conquer a territory or two. but at 50 to 74 grievances they start to actively target and destroy defensive structures, and at 75+ they'd want to destroy our entire culture and everything we've built or touched. well unless certain circumstances apply, like say an empire on world conquest doesn't give 2 flying fucks about how high or low grievances are for or against them. and their modus operandi remains forever unchanged unless a NAP (non-aggression pact) or alliance with them is established.
I like that idea!

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I'm getting this error when visiting Eleonor in the morning.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/Kingmaker/Kingmaker.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
raise e

Darwin-23.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.16 0.16
Tue Dec 19 19:03:51 2023
Is it .16 or .16.1?

oarclownfish

Oct 1, 2019
I believe it's 10% at 100 Administration from whatever the number is.
ah alright thanks, then I keep increasing it, gonna see how much I can push taxes to get earnings even on winter

not sure if this is a small typo too or just my esl coming out, but shouldn't it be "she killed her father" on pendrake intro?
"I'm sure the rumors are true and she killed his father to take his lands."

and It seems declining the match when the ratface guy asks skips some kind of intro, because after that I get the start of the stolen sword event, and then I see her listed on the right, click on it thinking it will continue, and get a sword training even that loses me renow
so load a prevous save to all that, accept the match, and then I get a proper intro to her training you, so not sure if the intro for the other scenario not working or if it just doesn't exist yet, or at least it feels sudden without one

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
KingmakerVN How about having cheats that only fill skills partially, instead of them being put to full, like one for increasing all skills to 25, one for 50 and one for 75?

oarclownfish

Oct 1, 2019
the sister talk after the first sleepover gives this error

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in script
    $characterInfo['petite']['Mood'] -= 1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'RevertableDict' and 'int'

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'RevertableDict' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.16 0.16
oh and can't seem to meet the requirements for the first queen event no matter what proficiency I raise

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes