3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
I like that idea!
how quickly or what needs doing in order to remove grievances do you think. i would think gifting gold, equipment, or loaning your army could be options. but there's also political marriages, rare treasures, joint war on a 3rd country which i could see as possible ways to reduce grievances as well. but there could also be a slow passage of time variable to it as well.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
ah alright thanks, then I keep increasing it, gonna see how much I can push taxes to get earnings even on winter

not sure if this is a small typo too or just my esl coming out, but shouldn't it be "she killed her father" on pendrake intro?
"I'm sure the rumors are true and she killed his father to take his lands."

and It seems declining the match when the ratface guy asks skips some kind of intro, because after that I get the start of the stolen sword event, and then I see her listed on the right, click on it thinking it will continue, and get a sword training even that loses me renow
so load a prevous save to all that, accept the match, and then I get a proper intro to her training you, so not sure if the intro for the other scenario not working or if it just doesn't exist yet, or at least it feels sudden without one
Oh, thank you. I mess up my pronouns constantly for some reason.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
how quickly or what needs doing in order to remove grievances do you think. i would think gifting gold, equipment, or loaning your army could be options. but there's also political marriages, rare treasures, joint war on a 3rd country which i could see as possible ways to reduce grievances as well. but there could also be a slow passage of time variable to it as well.
I think all of those are good ideas besides the passive change with time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
the sister talk after the first sleepover gives this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in script
    $characterInfo['petite']['Mood'] -= 1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'RevertableDict' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 27466, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -=: 'RevertableDict' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.16 0.16
oh and can't seem to meet the requirements for the first queen event no matter what proficiency I raise
Thank you for the heads up. You can ignore that one in the meantime I believe.

For the queen you need Rhetoric or Diplomacy if in easy mode.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
No. The game still has cheats
I also agree that the 25, 50, 75 for cheats would be better than 100 for all.

Cheats may still be in but none of them are working for what's listed in this thread.
And having to start over every update gets really boring and time consuming just to get back to where the player was in the last update.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I also agree that the 25, 50, 75 for cheats would be better than 100 for all.

Cheats may still be in but none of them are working for what's listed in this thread.
And having to start over every update gets really boring and time consuming just to get back to where the player was in the last update.
To be honest, I used to think that people just played up to the new scene and then bailed. Now I am seeing that a lot of people replay everything every time.

Either way I am planning for saves to be compatible after this for quite a while at least.

Reactions: Titivillus

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I mean, it took hundreds of years for France and England to let go of their grievances. And even that was due to luck.
From what i know of the english and of the french, it's that they don't seem to have given those grievances up completely. Though it might just be your friendly neighbourly quarrel that's still going on. :p

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
From what i know of the english and of the french, it's that they don't seem to have given those grievances up completely. Though it might just be your friendly neighbourly quarrel that's still going on. :p
Yeah, but today seems closer to a rivalry than an actual hostile relationship.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm random thought, but why doesn't MC have any childhood friends? (the roommates/sisters don't count) since you plan (i think) on focusing on plot and character again next update i figured i'd ask. since it's kinda odd for MC even as a royal and even more so as the second son to not have any friends among the nobility or knight households etc. you would think being the spare he'd likely be encouraged to make connections to make his own way in life after the throne gets passed to his older brother. and commonly (in fiction at least) the parents of a noble or royal would seek out someone from a trustworthy household to be that life time friend.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
hmm random thought, but why doesn't MC have any childhood friends? (the roommates/sisters don't count) since you plan (i think) on focusing on plot and character again next update i figured i'd ask. since it's kinda odd for MC even as a royal and even more so as the second son to not have any friends among the nobility or knight households etc. you would think being the spare he'd likely be encouraged to make connections to make his own way in life after the throne gets passed to his older brother. and commonly (in fiction at least) the parents of a noble or royal would seek out someone from a trustworthy household to be that life time friend.
I guess my thought process was that this side of the family is marginalized, and I always imagined the protagonist to be more reserved and outshined by the older brother.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I also thought it would be a bit crowded to have to throw that many characters at the player from the get go. But I suppose I could easily have a reunion of sorts with a childhood friends at some point.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm, i'd dare to say we should have them introduced in the prologue that's yet to come. you could dare to have them sent on a errand or study at one of the noble houses (maybe just a return home to their own house?). i can see what your going for with MC being of few friends his teacher being one of them. but i really don't think 0 is realistic? not sure about that word choice, maybe reasonable is a better one. even sociopaths make friends after all all. so even if MC is a bit of a loner marginalized by his father and older brother he should still have one or two friends/followers he could chose to consider as friends.

but it's whatever it's just food for thought and my totally bias opinions on the matter.:p

but anyways the real question is should this hypothetical friend be female or male? that is the real question we must ask! :KEK:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I dunno. Some people out there really don't have those connections for one reason or another today. But I guess as a compounding factor I see it through the lens of how famous people or those with power suddenly are surrounded by people that are either intimidated or just want something from them. Even Hamlet lost his friends like that.

And if the adult content is what was in your mind, I would answer that right now I'm leaning towards a male friend with a sister or something like that.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin
3.40 star(s) 19 Votes