Unity Abandoned Kinky Life Game [v0.8.0.3] [SamCannis95]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Jerzy

May 18, 2017
Deleted unity and Samcannis folder from AppData\LocalLow\ and it started workking for me

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
3 Folders? Do you mean inside of the Game folder?
Or including the game folder it self? In that case I am missing one. There is the game folder itself, one buried inside AppData\LocalLow\ but cant locate third.
Data
Game
Saves

69ztare

Nov 7, 2018
I recall this game having an abandoned tag?...is it no longer abandoned and if not is it still the original creator that has creative control or is someone new taking that throne for now?
I think this guy's answer is still valid:
Just got a message from the dev on Patreon. It's not abandoned, it's apparently just a very large update and they're having problems working on it right now because it's a secret project and they have people at home with them in quarantine.
And....
Guess in my case it really doesn't matter as the game is somewhat unplayable for me as the MC is just clothes and a floating set of eyebalss. I assume my hardware isn't sufficient enough to run this Unity game.
First: this would be a dream come true for those guys who get off on licking eyes or even cumming in it, but not for the guro fans who like to pluck out the eyes and fuck the hole.
Second: maybe it's not the hardware. Incorrect encoding - optimization = glitches + bugs.

Reactions: ADIDAS
Feb 26, 2019
Data
Game
Saves
I'm not understanding your instructions here. Upon extracting the zip there are three folders (data, game, saves). The exe for the game is in the game folder so deleting the game folder would remove everything... no game to play. Maybe some more verbose instructions please for those of us who need a little more help? Thanks in advance.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
As far as I can see the game requires an internet connection to start correctly. So if a firewall is set to block it you get the sceen telling you to go to patreon / quit (and to check your internet connection).

Not sure why it requires the connection, maybe it is just a check if the game is not modified but could also be used otherwise.

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
How do you get the psychologist to give you the pearl syrup?
So i clicked and clicked all those options times and times again, and i'm pretty sure its bugged so I couldn't get it no matter what i did. Especially stupid considering you can just buy your dose of syrup at the shop, but MC just drinks it at once, so you don't get any syrup that way.
Luckily i found my previous version of the game that i played and saves are just plain old txt with data in JSON like presentation.

For anyone stuck with no pearl syrup find your save file and put HasPearlSyrup line somehwere in Keys section!

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I'm not understanding your instructions here. Upon extracting the zip there are three folders (data, game, saves). The exe for the game is in the game folder so deleting the game folder would remove everything... no game to play. Maybe some more verbose instructions please for those of us who need a little more help? Thanks in advance.
Delete those three folders (if you have an already existing installation) BEFORE you extract the new version. In other words, do not copy the new version over an existing installation. Remove the old installation and do a clean install.

Is that clear enough?

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
After my second try of this game, i gotta say i like it quite a lot. Author put considerable effort in it, his unity implementation doesn't look lame and he obviously has strong sense of direction where plot is going. Some interesting global conspiracy elements, reminds me "Secratary" in that regard. His writing skills are quite good too. One might think that for text based game good writing is a must, but i lost count how many games with similar theme i found, where author can't put 3 words together in coherent sentence.
With so many strong point it pains me that author decided to start this whole piracy war. Locking your updates behind paywall just draws away your potential audience. Most devs already realised that trying to sell your game as a product is an inferior approach, especially if its patreon funded. Some of them even maintain f95 threads themselves. Others even provide sources for free modding. Your patreon income should be voluntary help with your development if you like how the game is shaping. And as a reward you can take part in directing it by polls that influence next development stages. But what author does is just isolating himself from people that may like the game and would be willing to support. I can't find any up to date blog posts, wiki, or discord for the game too... He should really work on his public relations imo.

Udinpea

Jul 20, 2018
After my second try of this game, i gotta say i like it quite a lot. Author put considerable effort in it, his unity implementation doesn't look lame and he obviously has strong sense of direction where plot is going. Some interesting global conspiracy elements, reminds me "Secratary" in that regard. His writing skills are quite good too. One might think that for text based game good writing is a must, but i lost count how many games with similar theme i found, where author can't put 3 words together in coherent sentence.
With so many strong point it pains me that author decided to start this whole piracy war. Locking your updates behind paywall just draws away your potential audience. Most devs already realised that trying to sell your game as a product is an inferior approach, especially if its patreon funded. Some of them even maintain f95 threads themselves. Others even provide sources for free modding. Your patreon income should be voluntary help with your development if you like how the game is shaping. And as a reward you can take part in directing it by polls that influence next development stages. But what author does is just isolating himself from people that may like the game and would be willing to support. I can't find any up to date blog posts, wiki, or discord for the game too... He should really work on his public relations imo.
Thats what called greed my friend

Aristey

Aug 10, 2018
On big monitor fullscreen mode is really ugly. How to force windowed mode? Didn't find it in settings.

Last edited:

Aristey

Aug 10, 2018
Ty for idea, but already tried alt-enter as well as force feeding some stuff to settings.ini. Oh, well. This is not worth the trouble of emulators and to ugly as it is, so will just drop it.

MacDoobie

Mar 3, 2019
As far as I can see the game requires an internet connection to start correctly. So if a firewall is set to block it you get the sceen telling you to go to patreon / quit (and to check your internet connection).

Not sure why it requires the connection, maybe it is just a check if the game is not modified but could also be used otherwise.
Can anyone verify this? If it connects to the internet for any reason I am not interested in this game and will move along.

Feb 26, 2019
Delete those three folders (if you have an already existing installation) BEFORE you extract the new version. In other words, do not copy the new version over an existing installation. Remove the old installation and do a clean install.

Is that clear enough?

Sorry.... yes and no. I do (did) have existing versions of the game (3, 3.1 etc etc 4.4) each of them are in their own extracted sub folders in one header folder for this game. I downloaded the new version (6.5) and put it in a completely different path and extracted it. I'm still getting the patreon dead screen when I start it up. If I read your instructions correctly you're saying delete all of those previous versions (even though they're not in the same path as this new one) and extract? I've just now tried that and and it still doesn't work. There has to be some other place that is recording persistent data. I found Samcannis and killed that. I didn't see a unity folder.

Anyone have any help?

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes