Unity Abandoned Kinky Life Game [v0.8.0.3] [SamCannis95]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
He's getting less than $500 from his patreon, you can't be greedy over sum like that, he's just sadly misguided.
Some really good games get hardly any supporters and some bland games get a bunch of money; it doesn't always make sense.

Reactions: DarkMiros

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
Sorry.... yes and no. I do (did) have existing versions of the game (3, 3.1 etc etc 4.4) each of them are in their own extracted sub folders in one header folder for this game. I downloaded the new version (6.5) and put it in a completely different path and extracted it. I'm still getting the patreon dead screen when I start it up. If I read your instructions correctly you're saying delete all of those previous versions (even though they're not in the same path as this new one) and extract? I've just now tried that and and it still doesn't work. There has to be some other place that is recording persistent data. I found Samcannis and killed that. I didn't see a unity folder.

Anyone have any help?
The same happens to me: deleted previous version, deleted the SamCannis' and Unity's folder in AppLocal, extracted the zip; run the exe and still get the error.
The other user talks about previous installs, "then install" but the file is just a simple archive that only needs to be extracted in a folder.

There is something I don't understand eventually.

Last edited:

Deaddy

Jul 14, 2017
Same boat, removed ALL folders (old versions of game and those present in appdata), tried to disable the firewall, also removed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SamCannis registry key, nothing to do.

The only clue, launching the game creates a %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\SamCannis\Kinky Life Game\Player.log file with these entries:
Decypher Start
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

but there is no C:\buildslave\ folder

belec

Aug 15, 2017
Same here, had ver 4.4, deleted old game and copied new files, deleted key in registry deleted old log path.. nothing helps.

in log after quit have following at the end of the file:

CTAA Standard Mode Enabled
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 1290 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 1fac -> priority: 1

D

Deleted member 2009535

Any idea how to run this? I've deleted all the folders in app data, all the Unity records and the registry key and I still get the something went wrong

Reactions: Hunter69

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
can please anyone confirm is this game not free for public anymore ?
pretty sure I can. I've never played it before, and gathering what I've read from updates and about the the game, this version and a little before requires an online connection/updating, so unless you get this through patreon or have a really old version, its not gonna work. Its not about deleting old files or not, it just runs through a server now and if you aren't authorized, its a no go.

Reactions: heylo

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
pretty sure I can. I've never played it before, and gathering what I've read from updates and about the the game, this version and a little before requires an online connection/updating, so unless you get this through patreon or have a really old version, its not gonna work. Its not about deleting old files or not, it just runs through a server now and if you aren't authorized, its a no go.
This is simply not true. I'm playing the version (6.5b) from the OP, I am not a patron, and I have no problem playing the game. Try actually downloading and playing the current version of the game yourself instead of assuming things based on outdated posts. It does, however, require an active internet connection, that much is true, but you do not need to be a patron.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
This is simply not true. I'm playing the version (6.5b) from the OP, I am not a patron, and I have no problem playing the game. Try actually downloading and playing the current version of the game yourself instead of assuming things based on outdated posts. It does, however, require an active internet connection, that much is true, but you do not need to be a patron.
okay, then follow what this guy said. I personally never got it to work and its not worth the effort, so ask this guy for help heylo

Reactions: Hodgoro

heylo

Apr 5, 2019
1591449896901.png
so what should i do after this ? i have 0.65b version

Feb 26, 2019
just tried watching this in resource monitor. It sends out a TCP request to NIST a time service 132.163.96.3 (it used another one on a second attempt also NIST). Also if you look real closely in the bottom left of the dead screen you'll see a light grey message says "Seal? Valid Internet Time?" Pinging that ip address it times out / no response. I don't know what to do with this info. But maybe someone else can use that to figure out a workaround.

xeromanran

Jan 27, 2019
Please, stop being retarded, all of you. Look on recent post on author Patreon page. Its clearly, that game dont working for some people, including me.
If someone can post here what autor says, it will be nice. But I think now, we can only wait when autor find and fix this.

Sorry for my english.

jyreneko

Jul 5, 2020
just tried watching this in resource monitor. It sends out a TCP request to NIST a time service 132.163.96.3 (it used another one on a second attempt also NIST). Also if you look real closely in the bottom left of the dead screen you'll see a light grey message says "Seal? Valid Internet Time?" Pinging that ip address it times out / no response. I don't know what to do with this info. But maybe someone else can use that to figure out a workaround.
That is an NTP server. You cant ping or connect to it directly but you can use telnet and connect on port 123, returns the current date and time. Seems like the key included with this release was only valid till 2020 may 31, 01:01:01
Should be able to circumvent it by redirecting the request to a different server that returns a bogus time before may 31. Unfortunately I cannot test it as I dont own a server and my computer is behind a NAT, so no hosting (to www) capability

If anyone wants to try, xinetd is installed by default on linux and it can run an ntp server, i think. on android theres an app on Google store that works as well (Time Server), that one must run on port 9000 or higher but you can forward 123 to the selected port on your router

edit: ntp runs on 123, rfc868 runs on 37

Last edited:

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
0.4.4 version on tfgamessite works but 0.6.5 version gives "something went wrong" error.

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
My problem with this, is that if the creator(s) are only going to put up new updates on Patreon (which is completely their right to do) then they should either (1) Leave a free version on this site or (2) remove the game entirely from this site. It is not right or fair to this website to showcase someone's game(s) that no one can play unless they become a member to the creator's page on another website.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes