• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
My biggest problem is that the game makes it seem like it's your fault: mechanically, there's nothing stopping you from going to the forest ahead of time. So it seems like it's your fault, but it's a forced plot point.

I don't necessarily mind that springing the truth onto her then and there isn't a good idea; in my opinion, the problem is that that's the only factor that determines whether or not she commits suicide. If this game's interactions were more open-ended, and you maybe didn't treat the elf girl super well or something, and you actually could go to the forest early and save her mother but just didn't, then I think it could be a reasonable situation: she's trapped with all these humans who aren't nice to her, and her mother just died because of one of them was neglectful, so what does she have to live for really?

But in the game as it currently exists, the MC is moving heaven and earth, doing everything he can in order to help the elf girl, even at the risk of his life. He should basically have her full trust, which is why it feels wrong for him to not be able to tell the truth. Moreover, as I said, there's nothing in the mechanics of the game that prevents the player from going to the woods early: it's just a scripted event. So the game is essentially blaming and punishing the player for something they didn't have control over, and which they could have prevented, had the game let them.

I'll try to bring these points up with the devs if the occasion ever presents itself. I'll have your back, fellow elf girl stans.
Well, I think the main problem is it seems the developers (or at least the responsible for this story) thinks that tell the truth in any situation that can merit to do it's never good compensated, it happens early in the game when we meet the witch for the first time, MC must lie to tell her in resume he's is dumb and funny for her but if he tell the truth then he goes really dumb by disrespecting her in her own house and by that MC get killed. But in the Halloween Special, MC don't have the option to lie as far as i remember, but i do remember that MC can just goes as dumb as when the first time with the witch by being disrespectful with Charon or with the most respectful way to treat with that entity. The game by the developers seems to be like they wanted the MC just goes dumb in his own benefit, being submissive if the relation of power are against MC (so MC can't be really truly respectful with anyone), and by lie and be a deceiver you can success to your own benefit (like MC want the elfa to be at his side he tell another thing and doesn't care if she just believe in him in a good and sane relationship it seems like he feels just wanted her to be at his side) and being neglect all the time (if we remember, MC sister is in a practical sense lost and MC just go to one place and another doing things for other people and many of it doesn't connect with his main occupation, the search of his sister).

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
To be fair a woman is never yours it's just your turn. Oh wait I forgot this is fiction where that is actually possible for that phrase to not work.
Ownership aside, there's an oath of loyalty involved in marriage. While I enjoy the NTR genre, I would instantly drop a cheating spouse and remove them from my life in real life.
And if an important oath of loyalty means nothing to someone, then they have literally proven they can't be trusted. I always laugh when someone who gained a girl through adultery is shocked when that same girl cheats on them. If they proved their loyalty is worth nothing once...

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
"Ownership aside" means put that part aside and focus on the rest. Your reply made me literally facepalm in real life.
what do you mean ownership aside? Ownership is literally the ENTIRE POINT.

You claimed... oh, I see now. I reread your original post and I seem to have misread it. I thought you were saying that marriage is ownership. My entire reply is not meant to be taken in parts, it is a singular whole addressing the idea that marriage == ownership.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Anyways. now that I reread. let me correctly address what you actually said (again, sorry about the mixup)
there's an oath of loyalty involved in marriage.
What is the penalty for breaking said oath? because many many people do it all the time. Because there is literally no penalty for it.

Actually thinking about it, the traditional marriage vows do not specify sexual exclusivity.

"I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife/spouse, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith [or] pledge myself to you."
nowhere does it say "I won't fuck other people"

edit: actually thinking about. my divorce post does accidentally answer it too. Marriage vows are meaningless if you can just declare them null and void at a whim.

Mar 13, 2019
Ownership aside, there's an oath of loyalty involved in marriage. While I enjoy the NTR genre, I would instantly drop a cheating spouse and remove them from my life in real life.
And if an important oath of loyalty means nothing to someone, then they have literally proven they can't be trusted. I always laugh when someone who gained a girl through adultery is shocked when that same girl cheats on them. If they proved their loyalty is worth nothing once...
Yeah that oath of loyalty shit means absolutely nothing in the real world when the family court exists that rewards her for seperating each other. I'm surprised that people can't tell that will happen to them if they do go through the adultry route. Like, they should never get the title of a relationship period.

Mar 13, 2019
Anyways. now that I reread. let me correctly address what you actually said (again, sorry about the mixup)

What is the penalty for breaking said oath? because many many people do it all the time. Because there is literally no penalty for it.

Actually thinking about it, the traditional marriage vows do not specify sexual exclusivity.

nowhere does it say "I won't fuck other people"

edit: actually thinking about. my divorce post does accidentally answer it too. Marriage vows are meaningless if you can just declare them null and void at a whim.
It's called the gynocentric family court when guys do it. When women do it the man is still blamed aka "He must've done something to deserve it!".

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Abyss_Slime

May 31, 2022
I'm on 0.7b and I'm stuck with this issue in which during Quest 3 the witch gives me a potion to use to fight some creature in the enchanted forest but the forest isn't unlocked for me? No matter what I do, sleep, new game, skip quests, it keeps happening is there a fix out there or do I just try new game+ and skip quest 3?

Edit: Nevermind found the issue, if you run during the dummy fight the battle system wont ever unlock. I kept running to skip through it but you just have to simply fight it and if you ran just start a new save and kill it.
How did you entered the forest, im on 0.8 and i can´t

3.90 star(s) 98 Votes