cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Some saves work some saves don't. The ones that used compressed or really old versions, or modded version tend to break. You can just get to the newest round anyways with round select so it's all good.
most of my r8 saves didn't work and that which worked stopped on that msg bug.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Generally solid update but the writing surrounding Violent feels off and more than a little forced. Not looking forward to her future scenes but at least they gave her an in-game reason for why she's mental.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure her past would preclude her lawfully owning a gun.

Last edited:

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
Have had this on my watch list for a while now (want to say round 6 maybe?), sounds like Round 9 is the end of Season 1 so now feels like the perfect time to dive in.

Read the last few pages, and sounds like there's some criticism with one of the new characters and how it was handled? Can't speak until I play, but to echo one of the more recent posts, if you need posts upon posts to explain how or why something happened, then perhaps it was not done properly within the context of the game. I'll share my thoughts once I've finished playing.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Generally solid update but the writing surrounding Violent feels off and more than a little forced. Not looking forward to her future scenes but at least they gave her an in-game reason for why she's mental.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure her past would preclude her lawfully owning a gun.
What do you mean by "more than a little forced"?

As for Violet's right to bare arms:

That is something I had already considered, and I actually did a little bit of research on. Turns out the Federal Laws are okay with her owning a gun, and I'll explain why.

Possession of a firearm by the mentally ill is regulated by both state and federal laws.

Federal Law

Under it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

What does all that mean in plane and simple English without the lawyer talk?

"adjudicated as a mental defective" This means a judge has said this person is mentally unfit to stand trial. That is not the case. Violet has never been on trial.

"committed to any mental institution" This means a person has been ordered by a court to have to be at a mental institution. No court has ever ordered any such thing. Her stay was completely voluntary which was not a commitment which is a very big difference in the eyes of the law.

Federal law does not punish law abiding citizens just for getting medical care. It only punishes criminals that are in a similar scenario.

State laws are all a little bit differently written depending on the state. We will use California state law for this. Because, I think Knockout Master is most likely to take place in California although to be fair we never technically say what state things are taking place in. Moon, and I discussed this once, and we narrowed it down to either California, Texas, or Nevada. We will just go with California law because they are going to be the most strict state on gun control anyways.

California

Welf. & Inst. Code § 8100

(a) A person shall not have in his or her possession or under his or her custody or control, or purchase or receive, or attempt to purchase or receive, any firearms whatsoever or any other deadly weapon, if on or after Jan. 1, 1992, he or she has been admitted to a facility and is receiving inpatient treatment and, in the opinion of the attending health professional who is primarily responsible for the patient's treatment of a mental disorder, is a danger to self or others, as specified by Section 5150, 5250, or 5300, even though the patient has consented to that treatment. A person is not subject to the prohibition in this subdivision after he or she is discharged from the facility.

Welf. & Inst. Code § 8103

(a)(1) A person who after Oct. 1, 1955, has been adjudicated by a court of any state to be a danger to others as a result of a mental disorder or mental illness, or who has been adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender, shall not purchase or receive, or attempt to purchase or receive, or have in his or her possession, custody, or control a firearm or any other deadly weapon unless there has been issued to the person a certificate by the court of adjudication upon release from treatment or at a later date stating that the person may possess a firearm or any other deadly weapon without endangering others, and the person has not, subsequent to the issuance of the certificate, again been adjudicated by a court to be a danger to others as a result of a mental disorder or mental illness.

8100 = "A person is not subject to the prohibition in this subdivision after he or she is discharged from the facility." Violet has been discharged. It only would have been illegal for her to own a gun while she is staying in a mental health facility. She got her treatment, and the prohibition is no longer valid for her.

8103 = "issued to the person a certificate by the court of adjudication upon release from treatment " Again... Violets stay was not court ordered.

Under both State & Federal Law it is perfectly legal for Violet to be in possession of a firearm. These laws are put in place to "Punish Criminals", and not to "Punish people getting help". Violet is not a criminal.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleFredo

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Have had this on my watch list for a while now (want to say round 6 maybe?), sounds like Round 9 is the end of Season 1 so now feels like the perfect time to dive in.

Read the last few pages, and sounds like there's some criticism with one of the new characters and how it was handled? Can't speak until I play, but to echo one of the more recent posts, if you need posts upon posts to explain how or why something happened, then perhaps it was not done properly within the context of the game. I'll share my thoughts once I've finished playing.
Most of the criticism aimed at Violet is not legitimate criticism. It's nonsense like...
"I hate lesbians!" (Just Hate)
or "She is gonna steal our women!" (Incorrect we are never adding NTR)
or "Women are weak and could in no way knock down a man!" (Incorrect / misogonystic)

On the other hand there is some legitimate criticism... More so stuff like:

"Wouldn't she not be allowed to buy a gun?" Fair point, and I pointed out the gun laws on that where she would still have the right to own a gun.

or

"A one inch punch is just a parlor trick and not good in actual fights", That's a totally fair point, and 99% of the time it is absolutely true. It would only be useful in a real fight under very specific circumstances.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I'll start this by saying I really don't mind Violet, her introduction felt like a shift in tone though and by that I mean it was like the whole interaction with her came from an anime. What could've been a heartwarming reunion with one of your good friends was instead turned into a pissing contest that the MC started by being an arrogant prick which kind of sort of seems out of character but then again the whole Rose thing makes me question how "good" the MC actually is. It actually bothered me how long the whole "I'm so strong and I'm a fighter and women are weak" shit went on, not because he's right or wrong but because it just made the MC seem like an absolute douche canoe and I'm actually glad Violet was able to ring his bell but she should've caught him out with a haymaker. In no world would a one inch punch produce enough force to knock out probably most people and definitely not someone who has been training to be a boxer (probably a reason you've never seen one thrown in an actual televised professional fight). After receiving his lumps he immediately wants to learn the technique because ...why? All this is capped off by the shower scene where you catch a shampoo bottle in the dome and then she even says "It.. it's not like I like you!" after she catches you peeking. Of course I don't know why I'm actually surprised by any of that after being given pills that cause the MC to produce what must be a gallon of cum. All I'm saying is the game went from relatively grounded to fantasy land real fuckin quick.

After that the night out with her was fine aside from her constantly calling you a pervert I guess. Learning more about her over drinks especially about the MC's sister was fine, shame Amy is an abuser hopefully if she comes back around we'll have an option to just not have anything to do with her. Also not real sure about the choice to hire someone who just got back from a mental institution as a bodyguard and giving them access to several guns. Seems like a poor choice to me but ya know.

The biggest head scratcher for me though is why on Earth aren't Alice and MC sleeping in the same bed at this point? I've chosen to have her be pregnant, they are saying they love each other sometimes anyway but they aren't sharing a bed? Come on bro. The choice to knock her up should've started a real relationship with her at that point, the MC is still looking at her as a fuck buddy and that's lame as fuck.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
I'll start this by saying I really don't mind Violet, her introduction felt like a shift in tone though and by that I mean it was like the whole interaction with her came from an anime. What could've been a heartwarming reunion with one of your good friends was instead turned into a pissing contest that the MC started by being an arrogant prick which kind of sort of seems out of character but then again the whole Rose thing makes me question how "good" the MC actually is. It actually bothered me how long the whole "I'm so strong and I'm a fighter and women are weak" shit went on, not because he's right or wrong but because it just made the MC seem like an absolute douche canoe and I'm actually glad Violet was able to ring his bell but she should've caught him out with a haymaker. In no world would a one inch punch produce enough force to knock out probably most people and definitely not someone who has been training to be a boxer (probably a reason you've never seen one thrown in an actual televised professional fight). After receiving his lumps he immediately wants to learn the technique because ...why? All this is capped off by the shower scene where you catch a shampoo bottle in the dome and then she even says "It.. it's not like I like you!" after she catches you peeking. Of course I don't know why I'm actually surprised by any of that after being given pills that cause the MC to produce what must be a gallon of cum. All I'm saying is the game went from relatively grounded to fantasy land real fuckin quick.

After that the night out with her was fine aside from her constantly calling you a pervert I guess. Learning more about her over drinks especially about the MC's sister was fine, shame Amy is an abuser hopefully if she comes back around we'll have an option to just not have anything to do with her. Also not real sure about the choice to hire someone who just got back from a mental institution as a bodyguard and giving them access to several guns. Seems like a poor choice to me but ya know.

The biggest head scratcher for me though is why on Earth aren't Alice and MC sleeping in the same bed at this point? I've chosen to have her be pregnant, they are saying they love each other sometimes anyway but they aren't sharing a bed? Come on bro. The choice to knock her up should've started a real relationship with her at that point, the MC is still looking at her as a fuck buddy and that's lame as fuck.
Because Yihman1 is a a feminist so they make the Mc out to be this dick when he was never one to begin with.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This all comment is trying to justify your stupidity in writing by giving the "Star Wars" Kathleen's Kennedy treatment to the public, if someone says anything is wrong they: "Hate Women" are "Racist", "Sexist", have fragile ego, etc... But the actual truth is you are from the "Womanist" braindead people, who made a character which looked like a strong heavyweight "Champ" beating real "Male" champs, then suddenly a woman which is not even a female champ or anything, comes to the ring and beats him wearing gloves and true out his defense with a single "Bruce Lee" punch knocking him down cold...Try to put Tyson Fury with some average wanna be boxer woman without him attacking her for a round and see what surprise she will do to him, she'll rock the world with her statement For suure... In your stupidity you said is not a real fight, but if someone is trying to knock you out not just spar with you, only a weak person will not react and take his chances going easy, and any fight is a one of the ways to show Clear dominance over somebody.You could have teach the champ a lesson in so many other ways, but that's the only one a "Womanist" knows... And he been a good sport statement is even more funnier, was She, trying to knock him out in friendly match(bet)??:WaitWhat: Then with your iconic thinking you sell yourself by disclosing that you want to elevate the "woman", by beating the protagonist, who by some chance in the universe is a lesbian, think about that :WaitWhat: and many lesbians, do actually "Hate Men", so what a win win situation for you to emasculate strong man and elevate hateful lesbian to be in the man's shoes, who will show her condescension to others no doubt, who just look at her funny, because she's the only one with bad history, others needs to respect her, because she was committed in "Medical institution" watch out, she's a strong person and after her tantrums events which probably await in the future, then just maybe, maybe, if he's a puppy she'll have an intercourse with this Simp! And then you sell yourself even more by saying she'll be his bodyguard in the future, ooh what a surprise there that's some next level writing over here :ROFLMAO:, she tough him the master's ways and now he will use them, Wow, Bruce Lee will be proud. She'll teach him how to interact with other women to make amends and be more like her the "Alpha Male". And also from before you even said that you women don't need some men to help you, you can do it yourself, like a "Strong Waman" can, what do I know, but apparently a "Strong Man", who just by some miracle is a heavyweight Champ needs a "Waman" to keep him safe, because they "Wamen" could be better bodyguards then other men... But wait she's having a softer side too you didn't know that... She's a woman too what do you know, she needs to be fed and sheltered, when becomes crazy needs to be taken into "Medical facility", there's nothing wrong with her you know, she admitted herself in there, because she's such a healthy person and needs the sleep there, and the people see as crazy only the ones who are admitted for mental issues, when they are out they are purfectly sane, how could you say otherwise you're mean... And when she becomes drunk like a motherfucker she'll need her simp to take her away in the carriage bf she fuck someone up with her attitude, such a softie you didn't know, and then needs to be tucked in bed, before she get's even angrier from the hungover, but beware if he don't do that, she'll show him one of the moves that "Bruce Lee" didn't even know, she's such a lovely monster from the inside, a real beauty among them can't you tell. Just stop it, the cringe writer is your second name, and was needed to be answer accordingly, but judging by now you dk what's good for you so keep going, you might even write something more "believable" no doubt! There's no point for me to continue, keep talking nonsense, and don't say you didn't ask for it, some of educated fools may congratulate you of being smart in their midst don't you worry. :HideThePain:
Two things off the bat:

1) Just because you do not like something does not mean that it is stupid.

2) Calling someone else fat does not make you thin. Calling someone else ugly does not make you attractive. Calling someone else stupid does not make you smart.

Womanist? What does that even mean... I never even heard that term used in regular conversation so I looked up to see what it means...

The first line of that wiki article is: "Womanism is a social theory based on the history and everyday experiences of black women."

Well... Violet is NOT a black woman so this term can not apply to her.

I don't think you understand the words you are using... Did you mean something else by that?

Our MC is not "Tyson Fury". Tyson Fury is a two time professional heavyweight champion that has won gold medals in boxing and is undefeated. Our MC on the other hand is still an amateur and not yet in the pros. Not until after next fight. So it is unfair to compare the MC to Tyson Fury this early in the story. Wait until he is in the pros, and has had some professional fights and is a title contender before making that sort of comparison. It is a little bit too soon for this comparison just yet. I'm not saying our MC is weak. He is rather strong, but he is not Tyson Fury level just yet.

Comparing Violet to an "Average" woman is unfair too. She is a trained and skilled fighter and in peak physical condition and knows some very powerful techniques such as the one inch punch. Violet would wreck an "Average Woman". It would not even be a fair catfight. Not counting women with super powers it would be difficult to find any female in any adult game that could straight up whoop Violet.

"Was she trying to knock him out in a friendly match?" You bet she was! Very much so she was giving it her all.

I wouldn't agree with the statement "Many lesbians hate men", but would agree with the statement "some lesbians hate men". I don't think it is a majority. I think it is a small fringe minority of lesbians that are the man hating kind. Violet is not a "Man Hater". She looks up to MC.

Violet is struggling with some mental health problems, but she is doing her best. That is a big part of her story.

MC is not going to be a simp, but he won't be a cuck either.

As for her working as a body guard, that is a good addition because she is trained in hand to hand combat, and she is trusted. Plus, it is good for her to be able to get away from her parents place, and have a place to stay with pay. She has already proven herself as a bodyguard on the train.

Went with a female body guard because I like the idea of adding more women more so than adding more men. We could have gone with some big buff man to be a body guard, but we chose a woman because we don't need more camera action on men when people are trying to masturbate. A woman is much better eye candy. We are adding as few men as possible actually. Trying to make the cast as heavily female as possible. Yet, sometimes we do need to add men. Such as our boxing opponents, or the Uncle or Rob, or Mike.

About feeling more anime... That is on purpose. When I first joined the writing team and was talking with Moon he expressed to me that he wants to make things feel a little bit anime sometimes. His favorite Anime is "Hijame No Ippo". That is a boxing anime, and was a big part of his inspiration for starting game development.

I see where you are coming from with Violet ringing his bell, but to be fair he said these things in the most polite way possible. A lot of what he said is true how men do have a big advantage in athletics over women. He wasn't wrong, but he misjudged the situation and Violet, and she caught him slipping. We had considered some other punches she could have thrown, but we just went with a one inch punch. We wanted it to be something she could teach MC, and that would catch him by surprise.

As for the level of realism, I get how it can feel a bit "Anime" at times. We are not shooting for "Gritty Realism", more so like anime or a sports movie. We added the shooting a gallon of jizz for some fun in the sex scenes... Our MC is a 1 man bukkake now! Doing that is similar to how we give him a foot long dong. Of course, in reality it would be closer to 6 inches, but we are adding these fantasy elements. Plus his excessive load is a good reason for him to get so see Dr Candy again, and spend more time with her.

Part of the reason for adding a character like Violet, or having Rose dump him, and having Scarlet dislike of him is...

We are trying to make it more meaningful when we get the girl finally. We want story arcs there. Leah was a "gimme"... Alice was a "gimme".

We ran out of "Gimme Girls". It also adds a bit of mystery and surprise.

In what order will the girls be getting some dick?

Violet? Rose? Scarlet? Candy?

I'm not even 100% sure on the order yet, and that is something Moon and I need a good long talk about.

Because Yihman1 is a a feminist so they make the Mc out to be this dick when he was never one to begin with.
I don't identify as a feminist. I have been called a misogynist more times than a feminist in my life, and I don't identify as one of those either.

Darklord1234

Jul 13, 2018
It is hilarious. Justifying the one inch punch as anything other than technical exhibition shows an amazing ignorance of fighting. Eh. Whatever. Another game on the downward slope. Not shocking here. As I said, not even played this update. Now I do not plan to. Not just because of what I have seen here in thread but honestly game was hovering on the edge of not give a fuck anyway. Good luck dev. Maybe better on the next one.

Mar 9, 2021
Justifying the one inch punch as anything other than technical exhibition shows an amazing ignorance of fighting.
Play the game you'll get your concrete opinion after finishing it. Don't just prejudice based on others opinion.
They justifying because they know what has happened however you justifying game is bad based on others opinion which isn't cool.

One simple punch doesn't emasculate mc's character. On the contrary it stresses on the fact that life is full of surprises and anything can happen on given day.

I agree that punch wasn't that strong, but that's really a technical fault & nothing more.

Reactions: yihman1

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Play the game you'll get your concrete opinion after finishing it. Don't just prejudice based on others opinion.
They justifying because they know what has happened however you justifying game is bad based on others opinion which isn't cool.

One simple punch doesn't emasculate mc's character. On the contrary it stresses on the fact that life is full of surprises and anything can happen on given day.
this, 110% this
Darklord1234
you need to play the game in order to make your own opinion, making an opinion on what happened based on others it's.. silly
because some might dislike it with a passion (the thing that set them off) and you're going to make an opinion based on others taste and views..which ... is kinda wrong.
I don't find that punch humilliiating or emasculating or whatever, it can happen, not sure why everyone is bothered by the fact that MC got knocked down by 1 punch.
My personal issue with the punch is that it showed like it stopped in the hand and then moved in the chest, which as far as I remember is a bit wrong , the execution should have been from the chest directly but still at the end of the day , I got what dev/writer was trying to convey (at least I think I did) and it doesn't bother me.
but that's just my opinion.
TLDR , play the update to make your own opinion.

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes