yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Mc got his overconfident ass handed to him because he took it casually, "she's just a girl what worse she could do?" Well he needed that lesson more importantly off the arena. If a girl knows her way around mma then i don't see any reason she couldn't knock mc out when all that needed for him was to act casual.
When you as a wannabe boxer took the orthodox stance that means you were expected to be prepared for every surprises opponent has to offer.
I didn't see any reason to be upset over what Violet did tbh.

Regarding Violet being lesbian why is it a issue though. If she's lesbian then she is, no point in thinking over that. However in future if she shows any interests (which she did) in mc then I'd be fool to not show her the heaven she was missing all along.
Exactly, he wasn't in the ring like Mike Tyson in his prime was taking swings on him trying to bite his ears off... At the same time he wasn't exactly "Letting her win" either as he did put up some guard although that went with some taunting.

He didn't listen to his coach earlier when he said Violet is capable of dealing damage. He was being over confident, and paid the price for underestimating Violet & not listening to Robs advice.

It's some very valuable lessons he has learned not only in humility, but to never underestimate an opponent and a match isn't over until the bell has rung, and you should listen to your coach.

If he was written too... "Over Powered" it would not be as enjoyable. We could very easily write him so he knocks out everyone fast in round one in total squash matches. People need to remember he is in the amateurs and has one more match until he gets to the pros. It wouldn't be any fun if he just went "HULK SHASH!" and just knocked everyone out super quick. He just learned one new technique, he may learn more, and build more of an arsenal for his fights.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Imma just say that when you have to go out your way that much to explain/defend certain plot points outside of the game, that means you failed to properly communicate it inside the game, and that's never a good thing. On top of that, the attitude of "players are just too stupid to see her greatness" is even worse. Why would you expect everybody else to see her the same way, if you can't express it through the game, it's basically a case of showing not telling. And even then not everybody might think about her like that. As someone already said before, the typical tsundere behaivour with that straight outta manga shower scene certainly did not helped hercase (him not able to catch it from that far, it hitting him on the head after having an injury to it and she aiming there knowing that while shouting "kyaaa pervert). I get that creators can get really taken by their own characters during their creation process, but you have to keep in mind that the players won't have that same experience about them as you have, they won't get attached this fast, they won't know behind the scenes information and possible future plot points about her. If they can't see her into what you do, that's not because they are stupid and you're the only helicopter around.

I won't get into the train scene too much, it has a few holes in it, but about the sparring scene it was the execution that made it bad and why it probably leaves a bad taste for many. While the 1 inch punch with Bruce Lee was and is a thing, he was just beyond the normal level. I mean there were movies when he moved so fast that they manually had to slown down the scenes so the viewers can see it. As for the sparring, if she got him by surprise, no one could say a single thing, but the MC, who isn't some skinny beginner guy, was steadily on his feet staying on guard, which she just simply punched through without a problem knocking him off. That requires more than a little suspension of belief, regardless of the intenion of teaching him a lesson.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Imma just say that when you have to go out your way that much to explain/defend certain plot points outside of the game, that means you failed to properly communicate it inside the game, and that's never a good thing. On top of that, the attitude of "players are just too stupid to see her greatness" is even worse. Why would you expect everybody else to see her the same way, if you can't express it through the game, it's basically a case of showing not telling. And even then not everybody might think about her like that. As someone already said before, the typical tsundere behaivour with that straight outta manga shower scene certainly did not helped hercase (him not able to catch it from that far, it hitting him on the head after having an injury to it and she aiming there knowing that while shouting "kyaaa pervert). I get that creators can get really taken by their own characters during their creation process, but you have to keep in mind that the players won't have that same experience about them as you have, they won't get attached this fast, they won't know behind the scenes information and possible future plot points about her. If they can't see her into what you do, that's not because they are stupid and you're the only helicopter around.

I won't get into the train scene too much, it has a few holes in it, but about the sparring scene it was the execution that made it bad and why it probably leaves a bad taste for many. While the 1 inch punch with Bruce Lee was and is a thing, he was just beyond the normal level. I mean there were movies when he moved so fast that they manually had to slown down the scenes so the viewers can see it. As for the sparring, if she got him by surprise, no one could say a single thing, but the MC, who isn't some skinny beginner guy, was steadily on his feet staying on guard, which she just simply punched through without a problem knocking him off. That requires more than a little suspension of belief, regardless of the intenion of teaching him a lesson.
I must admit I am not a fan of when a dev calls people basically stupid and you do raise some good points , I'll be honest and say I have not played this update yet, so i'm curious to how this Violet character is like.
but yea, you do have some good points, the players won't know the depth of 1 character after 1 update, not like the dev knows, and while some things might be obvious to you the dev they might not be so obvious to the player, not because they are stupid but mainly because they are made in a way to not be so obvious.
Anyway , I still love this game , it's one of my favorites out there , top 3 for sure, and tonight I think I might have some spare time to try it out.
Don't take my comment or the user I quoted as a bad/insulting comment.
Can't wait to see what happens more, though I'm being fearful for the whole Rose arc.. guess we'll see.

Reactions: EZ8lt

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
MooN <3 while mc has dinner with alice and after taking that pill there comes msg to phone but no new messages from any1 on contact list so no continuing of playing and starting on round 9 skips everything like that dinner etc.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Just finished this last update and I did enjoy it quite a bit , as always
about Violet, I'm not bothered by her + there were quite a few signs of her attraction towards MC
How she is dealt with (from a writing perspective) remains to be seen , but I like her .
2 things
1. You need to stop with the perv name calling ... it is a bit exhausting... and gets annoying, also considering she was perving on MC a lot of times before , or also on MC , so yea.. kinda situation of pot meets kettle. anyway , from my PoV I would tone it down a bit.
2. I'm not sure about the punch , from how it was portrayed it seemed like she stopped the punch in his hands and then continued, while that is basically the technique Bruce Lee (as you've mentioned) used, he used it on the chest of people, not hands and then chest, maybe I'm remembering wrong, if so feel free to correct me, but yea, that's my only criticizism,
Better said those 2 , perv and the punch wasn't portrayed as what you wanted,
and yes even a woman can knockdown a boxer if she uses the correct technique, while I'm not a fan of it I can accept it and udnerstand and not let it bother me, at least the way Bruce Lee did it. :D
anywayt , that's enough .. "criticism" , game is still fucking lovely and I'm still enjoying it quite a lot, if I didn't know what dev said about Rose I would have been a bit upset since we didn't had a choice in the matter but since I know, I can't wait for more time with sweet innocent Rose :D
keep up the good work.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017

That's not the case. Things were executed just fine just the way we wanted them to be executed. No mistakes were made in the development of Violet there is not a single mistake in any of her scenes as far as I can tell, and things were executed very nicely.

In any creative work there is a thing called subtext. That is what does not "need to be said", but you can get the idea anyways.

To make the angry people happier with the scene It could not have been done with subtext, and it would have given a very weird vibe and been very direct...

There is no way I could have written it in to cater to these people without roasting them at the same time and coming off as totally condescending and mean...

If we added more to the phone call with Doctor Candy. Where we toss in some options to satisfy these people if they were so offended... Maybe something like this:

"I'm not a man anymore because I got knocked down by a girl... Does that mean I am a woman now? Does that make me gay doc? I'm scared help me I think I pooped my pants a little bit too... I see a skid mark! Oh no...."

Then the smart doctor would think it over and say, "You are still a man even if a woman did knock you down, and no that doesn't mean you are gay now either. You are only gay if the balls touch. Remember the balls didn't touch so you are not gay now. Not that there is anything wrong with that... I doubt she punched you hard enough to turn your testicles into ovaries. You should just go shower up if you shit your britches, and find a new pair of pants."

For folks still not satisfied with that... Maybe we could have added another optional dialogue here if they were still triggered.

"But doctor I cried and cried and cried after she knocked me down because it hurt my feelings so much! I was a big strong man, but now I am a weakling... Please just take the evil mean lesbian away! I'm scared of her! She is gonna hurt me more and take all of my women away!"

Then the wise doctor would say, "It's okay to cry, why don't you head over to your safe space and calm yourself down... You are still a big strong man... Maybe have a nice hot cocoa and a listen to some soft and relaxing music in your safe space. Just because someone is a lesbian it does not mean they are evil just for existing. Lesbians are people too and deserve the same amount of respect as anyone else. I doubt that she is going to take all of your women away. You may just be over reacting and need to take a step back."

If still not satisfied then MC would say, "But but but... Doctor I didn't get my way! I can't stop crying because I did not get my way... What should I do!? I pooped my pants again!"

Doctor would be like, "Well, I am afraid in life we don't always get our way, and in such cases you just gotta grow up and deal with it, or walk away if you are truly that upset about it. Maybe you should get some big boy diapers."

We chose to leave that out, but we figured our audience was mature and manly enough to understand that on their own.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Holy shit, the more you talk the worst it gets, that's an accomplishment, can't wait for "it" to start preaching about veganism.

That's not the case. Things were executed just fine just the way we wanted them to be executed. No mistakes were made in the development of Violet there is not a single mistake in any of her scenes as far as I can tell, and things were executed very nicely.
James Cameron is looking for the perfect writer, his fans are smarter than people around here too so you won't have to deal with stupid people, hit him up.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
yihman1 add some thrust behind that punch and problem solved. It's really a trivial matter tbh.
After reading some posts i got the impression that people are more upset here because you guys ignored laws of physics.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Holy shit, the more you talk the worst it gets, that's an accomplishment, can't wait for "it" to start preaching about veganism.

James Cameron is looking for the perfect writer, his fans are smarter than people around here too so you won't have to deal with stupid people, hit him up.
I turned Cameron down. I'd rather work with Moon. Cameron wanted to add NTR like he did in Titanic.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
linkinn what's happening? Is the problem that outrage worthy?
It's just funny that some people put more effort into writing a mini-story to throw insults at people than writing a new character.

I turned Cameron down. I'd rather work with Moon. Cameron wanted to add NTR like he did in Titanic.
Thank god, Avatar 3 would never see the light of the day.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Have not played this in a while but gonna chime in. One inch punch IS real. You would NEVER use it in any kind of real fight however.
It's about as real as a forhead flick knocking someone out.

Yes you can do it, no it does not have anywhere near the kind of force needed to knock anyone out even if you're aiming for places like the jaw or temple which are more likely to lead to whiplash like knockouts. A jab can, a jab is a real punch that has real force behind it when executed properly and can be thrown from a dead stop or a measured position. A 1 inch punch as portrayed in the various works of fiction is drastically overstated in it's efficacy.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Have not played this in a while but gonna chime in. One inch punch IS real. You would NEVER use it in any kind of real fight however.
This is a very fair point, and very valid criticism, but I would say... Not "Never", but more so extremely rarely would you have any opportunity for it to be of good use outside of an exhibition.

99% of the time it is way more useful as a "Parlor Trick" than as a punch thrown in an actual fighting move. A hook, jab, or uppercut would all be much more useful in fighting.

You need to have everything line up for it to work if using it in a real fight.

The reason why it worked for Violet in this situation is as follows:

1) MC was not throwing any punches. If he was swinging back at her she wouldn't have been able to throw it.
2) MC was not clinching her up at all, and letting her throw whatever she wanted doing blocking more so than dodging.
3) A one inch punch is the sort of punch you would be much better to dodge or counter than block.
4) MC was completely unaware she could throw such a punch.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
very nice update despite bugs, story advanced somewhat, new chars and rest. bit bad that last 2 rounds have ended on mc pointed by gun.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: yihman1

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
saves not working and non-existent msg on phone blocking advancing to end of r8.
Some saves work some saves don't. The ones that used compressed or really old versions, or modded version tend to break. You can just get to the newest round anyways with round select so it's all good.

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes