Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

Scyllia

Nov 26, 2018
KoboldKare Update 03.31.2021

This month was a big push for open-source!
  • Unity upgrade from the 2019 LTS to the 2020 LTS! This comes with a variety of benefits.
  • Screen-space Ambient Occlusion is back, enabled by default in the Graphics Settings.
  • Dynamic Bones asset has been replaced completely. This new in-house jiggle bone system has trouble with completely inverting bones sometimes. Though allows for squash and stretch!
  • VertExmotion asset has been replaced completely. The new in-house softbody physics is simpler and more efficient.
  • DoozyUI asset has been completely replaced, this includes icons, button click sounds, animations, and other things. UI is much more static now, though still works!
  • Amplify Imposters was completely replaced by simple hand-made imposters. They have much less fidelity, but they can be open-sourced!
  • Map has been replaced with another work in progress by Firgof! This one uses Unity's built-in terrain which we're still getting used to. Things might be unoptimized for a while as we figure things out. Make sure your computer meets the recommended specs on the store page!
  • Player movement rework, now it's proper source b-hopping! Channel your phoon to go fast. A speedometer was included to help me debug it, and it'll stick around for a short time.
  • Complete ragdoll physics rework. I spent a lot of time flipping random switches on the black-box that is Unity's physics system. I learned a good number of things, and ragdoll physics have been improved immeasurably!
  • With the new improved ragdoll physics, animations are now physics driven! There's a bit of tweaking left to do, but in general any physics mishaps can be fixed by (or caused by) a proactive player!
  • Players with dicks now only get marginal slowdown from bumping into their own.
  • Feet now IK to the ground, it can look really goofy sometimes, but in general grounds kobold in the world.
  • Shadows no longer have seams in them, at the cost of having a bit more shadow acne. This was important with the number of structures that were affected by the shadow normal bias.
  • Dicks have staged flaccidity now, going from packed -> floppy -> erect. All done with generic monobehaviours. New dicks can have much more complex configurations!
  • Flared Equine was replaced with one done by the lovely uniform_vixen on Twitter.
  • I know I say this every other patch, but penetration physics were reworked yet again. Re-thought from the ground up, it includes fun stuff like solving things in an orbit, and does some cheating to purposefully stabilize most configurations. (This also had to be done to support non-centered penetrative shapes.)
  • Some VFX cleanup: splashes, goop, strands, and fluids were all touched up on.
  • Optimized a number of scripts, realized a lot of scripts that don't need to run very often should NOT run on FixedUpdate-- this leads to vicious cycles of trying to catch up on lost time by over-running expensive code.
  • Added VSync, and target frame rate options under Graphics.
  • Freecam now hides the UI.

We're still not quite at being able to open-source the game, but we're certainly a lot closer!

Links for the 03.31.2021 update:
anonfiles:
workupload:

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
ok i bite how do i breed kobolds? i got some eggs in my garden now but nothing happens.
the eggs once planted need to be watered you need to do that 2 times for every stage

kobold breeding you can either A Smash two kobolds together or B use a animation point for some light automation just drag two kobolds near it or drag one near it and interact with it.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
I wish there were more instructions on what to do
Like what does the dial in the top left hand corner do?
What does the cave with the crystals do? Or the green puddles? I assume the latter is to be collected in teh sprayers but what is it to sprayed on and why?

Or what to do with the silver eggs that come after breeding? Red hearts? The frozen thing in the freezer?

EDIT: so everything is written here https://f95zone.to/threads/koboldkare-v31-3-2021-naelstrof.31115/page-10#post-4812669
But in this current build I ahve no clue what to do with the mixtures. Do I pour them on an existing kobold? Or one that has its head popping out of the ground? And how do I put the stuff in the bowl grinder thing and turn it on?

Last edited:
Reactions: daniel_horns
Jun 20, 2018
What does the cave with the crystals do? Or the green puddles? I assume the latter is to be collected in teh sprayers but what is it to sprayed on and why?

Or what to do with the silver eggs that come after breeding? Red hearts? The frozen thing in the freezer?

EDIT: so everything is written here https://f95zone.to/threads/koboldkare-v31-3-2021-naelstrof.31115/page-10#post-4812669
But in this current build I ahve no clue what to do with the mixtures. Do I pour them on an existing kobold? Or one that has its head popping out of the ground? And how do I put the stuff in the bowl grinder thing and turn it on?

the bowl looking grinder you mention is the seed extractor its functionality is null right now but that is for later when you can get seeds from the fruits/vegetables and the kobolds in the ground will advance in growth stage form "any" liquids as they just get random appearance stats when they fully grow and giving the liquid to a fully grown kobold will cause a effect depending on what was given.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
If you have a previous version of the game, then dont update. The developer fucked it. He remade the interaction system so kobolds act like all their bones are jelly whenever you try anything, penetration is largely impossible.

Also, they added a new map which is just.. Bad.. So very bad.. Its huge and you have to run miles to do anything.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017

Go upstairs. Theres a white plate thing, you can hold it and right click on stuff with it. It will identify the ingredients for you. Theres also a jar of each liquid.

Anya225

Jun 29, 2017
To say the new version is awful is an understatement, literally every interaction that worked fine in the previous are now laughably bad push physics with each kobold held on a marionette string and both eyes shut completely.. I dont know how the dev thought this was an improvement, cause it most certainly is not.

Amego

Jul 7, 2017
To say the new version is awful is an understatement, literally every interaction that worked fine in the previous are now laughably bad push physics with each kobold held on a marionette string and both eyes shut completely.. I dont know how the dev thought this was an improvement, cause it most certainly is not.
don't expect this game to be serious, besides the game is still in "Development Build" so a lot of things will change

dudder

Oct 31, 2018
D'awww I was really looking forward to trying this until I see it's unplayable this update.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes