Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes

inkysquid

Dec 18, 2017
also the penetration doesnt line up properly so most of the sex looks like anal, which makes it weird when eggs come out, if there was some sort of way to choose which hole that would be cool

also, what about like shift click or something to do single grab when youve unlocked multiple grabs?

Last edited:

Anya225

Jun 29, 2017
don't expect this game to be serious, besides the game is still in "Development Build" so a lot of things will change
Wouldn't say i was expecting alot, but when one version very visibly goes off the deep end when it was doing otherwise fine previously, it speaks volumes of the dev not even knowing what they're doing.
The poses prior were workable at least, now it's just kiddies first Gmod animation of bumping two together and watching everything flail every which way. Simply put, they went from actual animation to .. whatever this is.

LordBalkara

Oct 31, 2017
The animations are too gooby to feel attractive, it would be like jerking off to goat simulator or something.
At least its fun to see just how far you can break the physics.

danob

Aug 10, 2020
how do you unlock the new grinding machine?
Pretty sure the one by the spawnpoint is a new kind of a machine that's not implemented yet (seed extractor IIRC, so that you could grow fruit/crops on the field besides the eggs). The grinder(s) (because there's now 3 of them) were moved under the big crystal above the field. Generally, after the last major update everything was moved a bit further away, which might not have been the best idea in the same update that made GOING FAST a lot harder.

also the penetration doesnt line up properly so most of the sex looks like anal, which makes it weird when eggs come out, if there was some sort of way to choose which hole that would be cool

also, what about like shift click or something to do single grab when youve unlocked multiple grabs?
If you pick the double dick option the problem solves itself :sneaky:. Also, while I don't think any sort of wiki/in-depth mechanics documentation for this game exists, at least not on this side of the paywall, a little bit of fun with the scanner tool proved that the orifice doesn't really matter and it looks to be intended (prevents getting stuck without the means to make more eggs).

As soon as you manage to get a certain amount of spunk (I think around 30 units) into any kobold (male, female, both and even the player kobold) through any means (spraying, feeding, intercourse and even just natural buildup) an egg will pop out after a few seconds. It's just a lot harder to cross that "egg laying threshold" when the 'bold you want to spawn an egg from has a dick, because that means there's a way for it to shoot out before you get there.

Also, while I agree about the need for the multi-grab toggle, shift+grab (the more powerful grab mode) already ignores multi-grab. If you want to split apart a lump of items to grab only one, you can shift grab them one by one out of your sight where they won't get stuck when you use the basic grab on the thing you actually want to touch. Not very convenient, but works for now.

Now for my own question:

Did anybody else notice that fluid transfer of any kind just stops working after a (not even that long) while in the newest build or is it just me?

It seems like as soon as I get a nice kobold farming pace going (nothing extreme even, like 4 grown kobolds total), I slowly stop being able to pour anything from one thing into another. This includes getting water into bottles (from the pond, the sink, the shower and the tub), using the tub for any kind of mixing and even simply pouring anything into the kobolds. I guess the lack of saving makes any kind of a longer play pointless anyway, since you can't save and return later, but getting soft locked out of the gameplay loop is pretty annoying anyway and the older version(s) lasted a lot longer even if they were more prone to crashes.

All that said, I like the base idea of this game and hope it will get refined into something a lot more solid over time.

Reactions: inkysquid

Zaptek

Mar 8, 2018
Also, while I don't think any sort of wiki/in-depth mechanics documentation for this game exists, at least not on this side of the paywall (..)
It's being updated fairly frequently by the fanbase (and not everything is up to date) but there is in fact a public wiki

Reactions: Yolomeus and danob

danob

Aug 10, 2020
It's being updated fairly frequently by the fanbase (and not everything is up to date) but there is in fact a public wiki
Thanks, that's pretty handy indeed.

I was thinking about something "official" though, as without access to the code, it'd be pretty hard for the fanbase to figure out some under the hood stuff. Like for example:

-are the eggs/hatchlings affected by their "parents" at all or is each egg totally random
-what decides when each bold climaxes during "freestyle" and automated scenes and are there any cooldowns in place between each heart

and so on.

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks, that's pretty handy indeed.

I was thinking about something "official" though, as without access to the code, it'd be pretty hard for the fanbase to figure out some under the hood stuff. Like for example:

-are the eggs/hatchlings affected by their "parents" at all or is each egg totally random
-what decides when each bold climaxes during "freestyle" and automated scenes and are there any cooldowns in place between each heart

and so on.
the dev is looking into open sourcing the game so that info may get added allowing people to view how does everything behave code wise

danob

Aug 10, 2020
the dev is looking into open sourcing the game so that info may get added allowing people to view how does everything behave code wise
That's an interesting idea. How does he plan on keeping it an ongoing paid Patreon project after the code goes out to the public for free though? Hope this doesn't end with him losing all the motivation to work on it himself.

Jun 20, 2018
That's an interesting idea. How does he plan on keeping it an ongoing paid Patreon project after the code goes out to the public for free though? Hope this doesn't end with him losing all the motivation to work on it himself.
it would be once the game is way more complete and stable and I doubt he would loss motivation as if the dev cannot do a open source can at most bring mod support to the game.

and the funding won't die out as easily as it is 15 USD on Steam and Itch and from last I check on the patron people want to support this whole thing.

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
The game is absurd and delightful. Just... be careful being a small female player kobold. Dragged a prime specimen of a kobold from the fields to the house for satisfying some urges, passed the day, and I took off like a rocket ship from egg-buildup overnight. I would have been lost to the void of space had there not been a ragdoll key, which let the possessed-by-Satan egg get at an angle it could fling itself free of my kobold's confines, and let her plummet back to the world.

Mar 5, 2020
anyone know any console commands? specifically item spawning commands? i'm asking because i'm having no luck finding pineapples in the new update

manolobolo

Jun 20, 2019
The animations are too gooby to feel attractive, it would be like jerking off to goat simulator or something.
At least its fun to see just how far you can break the physics.
That's nothing... you can fly if you use the ragdoll and then moving the camera you grab your hand and then if you pull out... you can fly like a superKobold

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
This new version has some nice things but many negatives such as the physics and ik being completely botched and a bigger map with the same fast day cycle and no longer being able to get speedy. It's hard to traverse this map knowing going too far is garunteed death. I also don't like how far the tools are now.

panaku

Sep 30, 2017
what about this hands that grab you and pull and and restart your character.. its annoying..

3.60 star(s) 20 Votes