Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes

Adachiteru

Aug 8, 2022
Github Test Build #430403f

This build is newer than the latest official in the OP, but fixes some issues, like post processing, head locking in animations, and equipment save bugs.

746 MB

(will expire)
Workupload
Pixeldrain

I will try to make a build every couple of days or so, depending on whether or not it makes sense (it takes some time).
Could you load save data in this version? lol

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Huh... so completely on a whim i decided to have another look at this. Been a few years since i last looked at it when it originally released.
Quite plesently surprised on the progress, seems to be an actual game now.

Not into furry or inflation/feeding whatever but there's some spirit here.
The animations are actually half decent and include actual functional penetration.
Mixing ingredients to make stuff is actually quite fun.
Runs good for me but thats expected with my hardware.
Modding support? hory sheet.

Adachiteru

Aug 8, 2022
For some reason i can't edit my kobold in the settings. Like, it only shows restore default and that's it. Anyone know how to fix this?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Could you load save data in this version? lol
You cannot move savegames from stable to test, but yes, it will save and load games saved within that version.
I am currently writing with Naelstrof about why it will not share saves between stable and test. Being Unity, it should really be no issue.
But it seems it's an issue that has surfaced due to the Steam implementation, but the game should be able to assess whether or not it's run from Steam or not.

BTW the savefile is just a JSON.

Last edited:

ohbrianErr

Apr 21, 2021
Oh damn, just checked out this New version and it's better to say the least, things got a now look lik the "editor", but still you can't change your color that much :/

now thinking abou this, even if you bought the game (i did, from itch) there is a beta version what doesn't show up lol

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
You cannot move savegames from stable to test, but yes, it will save and load games saved within that version.
I am currently writing with Naelstrof about why it will not share saves between stable and test. Being Unity, it should really be no issue.
But it seems it's an issue that has surfaced due to the Steam implementation, but the game should be able to assess whether or not it's run from Steam or not.

BTW the savefile is just a JSON.
Save files where moved to "LocalLow\Naelstrof\KoboldKare\defaultUser\saves" like he said.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Save files where moved to "LocalLow\Naelstrof\KoboldKare\defaultUser\saves" like he said.
Yes, but that's not all. No matter what I do, I cannot move games from the stable to this version, even though I make sure the files are virtually identical.

The defaultUser folder is an issue caused by Naelstrof's move to support Steam. But as mentioned, it won't work to copy the old saves there, not even if you edit the file to reflect KKSAVE version 55 (the stable is 54).

BTW I am going to build an updated test release soon. There were more changes that might influence playability, expecially around modding and storage of mod selections.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
The modding system does support other meshes as there one available, but not a human.

Personally, I have never understood the idea of having sex with dragons. If they were humanoid cows - now that's another story.
I am talking with Naelstrof right now. He is currently writing the modding section of his wiki. I am gonna make a humanoid soon as possible.

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Yes, but that's not all. No matter what I do, I cannot move games from the stable to this version, even though I make sure the files are virtually identical.

The defaultUser folder is an issue caused by Naelstrof's move to support Steam. But as mentioned, it won't work to copy the old saves there, not even if you edit the file to reflect KKSAVE version 55 (the stable is 54).

BTW I am going to build an updated test release soon. There were more changes that might influence playability, expecially around modding and storage of mod selections.
1. I booted the new build
2. made a save
3. closed the game.
4. Opened save folder
5. Moved old saves to new save directory
- From [Naelstrof\KoboldKare\saves] ->TO-> [Naelstrof\KoboldKare\defaultUser\saves]
6. Booted the game to find my old saves next to the new one.

Reactions: qweqwek

terranerx13

Dec 3, 2019
i become error when i load old or new games versions ( " Steam " New Text )

and the game does not load

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
i become error when i load old or new games versions ( " Steam " New Text )

and the game does not load
Give me 5 minutes. I am uploading a build from right now which fixes that.

1. I booted the new build
2. made a save
3. closed the game.
4. Opened save folder
5. Moved old saves to new save directory
- From [Naelstrof\KoboldKare\saves] ->TO-> [Naelstrof\KoboldKare\defaultUser\saves]
6. Booted the game to find my old saves next to the new one.
Yes, I did too, but the saves wouldn't load.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Kobold Kare
v. c4301bb (Git commit #963), 16 Mar 23 00.10 CET (cooperdk)
Upload is authorized by Naelstrof

Fixes:
saving issues (mainly due to the game expecting Steam, which it shouldn't according to Naelstrof)
mod management and storing mod settings
popup bugs
defunct nipple pump (removed from game)
equipment save bug
steam deck support

EDIT: A new issue arose after the nipple pump was removed, the glass in the inflater cum storage is not clear. This will be fixed ASAP.

This is more stable than v629 (which by the uploader was mistaken as stable - it was a buggy test build).

678 MB

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
So... how does the game-play work? specifically the food/etc.
I had fun making stuff like milkshakes, mushroom/fruit drinks etc but don't understand how the two bars below stamina work.
Is there something to read I'm missing or?

also any more mods yet?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
So... how does the game-play work? specifically the food/etc.
I had fun making stuff like milkshakes, mushroom/fruit drinks etc but don't understand how the two bars below stamina work.
Is there something to read I'm missing or?

also any more mods yet?
Most game mechanics are explained on the Wiki:

Any mods other than the two provided in OP are available thru Steam Workshop so you'd need to get the game. The mods apart from the two examples are built with Steam specific code.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
TAG REMOVAL REQUEST: The character no longer explodes. In fact, neither do the kobolds.
So the graphic violence tag no longer applies.
On the other hand, the game is missing the tags vaginal, anal and oral sex. The game also has quests involving sizeplay.

Reactions: BaloneyAmone
3.50 star(s) 19 Votes