alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well, in what way do KKS have ways to go still? Current repack feels like on par with KK, save for this problem with the options on certain resolutions, I can't scroll up further up than what is shown:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I usually just fiddle with the resolution until it unscrews itself and then change back to normal.
The mods are still in the extremely early stages compared to their Koikatsu counterparts aside from a few that were able to be ported with minimal changes, there is still much to do before they get to where the Koikatsu versions are. Of course, that is never going to happen because there is way too much of a head start for the Koikatsu versions, you can only overcome so much in programming and time is not one of the things you can overcome. Even when the mods get to where the Koikatsu ones are now, unless the Koikatsu mods completely stall in development, the Koikatsu mods will have improved even more.

Let's take KSplug for example, Kplug has a vast amount of functionality and is still being developed for Koikatsu even now with more positions and other functions. KSplug is not going to be able to overcome that, by the time Kplug is out of development, we will likely be several games into the future and KSplug will have to be given less priority, and a resulting slower development, to newer variants of the Kplug mod assuming there even is a new variant, which is dependent on the games Illusion makes after this.

I'm in no way saying that the versions out now are not good, what I am saying is you really can't compare the mods between games of completely different years when there is a time gap like that between Koikatsu and Koikatsu Sunshine, comparing them will always result in 'no, the original is still better' unless modding for the original stopped completely already. It is basically like comparing Honey Select to Honey Select 2, Honey Select wins by a wide margin when it comes to mods because there is a significant time gap in which Honey Select modders had time to mod.

The game itself is largely a copy/paste of the original with minor art and mechanical changes as far as what the player sees, so it basically IS Koikatsu, just with slight changes. If you were to go into the code, you would see a different story, but that is in the code, where players usually don't see.

Reactions: BlackLoneWolf18

unashamedcoomer

Jun 17, 2017
Does anyone know what would cause certain clothing to be incredibly bright/shiny? It isn't changing when I adjust the sliders at all.

Jun 6, 2017
So anyone knows if there's any news on the next illusion game? I know that it was about this time last year the character creator for this game was announced or released. So it can't be too long before the next one right?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So anyone knows if there's any news on the next illusion game? I know that it was about this time last year the character creator for this game was announced or released. So it can't be too long before the next one right?
Nothing, they may choose to continue with this one or revisit one of the others.

kenwaty

Jan 19, 2020
mostly after a few seconds of leaving the room and starting the game this happens and the game closes by itself:
View attachment 1839210
i have same problem but i fixed it my self.
1. Run game on a ssd
2. Reduce room size
3. too much sus card, delete all! keep 10 waifus is enough. When you found some new cards, add it slowly one by one, just make sure it not cause trouble. Delete everything in '' old '' folder character card.

Last edited:
Reactions: axbcd

NotNeeded!

Sep 9, 2020
Sheesh, creating proper thicc women in this game is an uphill battle.

View attachment 1835642

Guys, I have to ask again. Are there any character personalities with self/player naming quirks?
Personality "Friendly" will refer to herself as sister sometimes. Anything else like this?

(Asking for a friend)
I have a few thic girl cards (I created, doesn't mean you will like them :) )I could share w/ you if you want them let me know.

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
banana boat scene secret fitting room scene how to trigger them up????
Talk to the girl you want to have sex with, select the follow me option. Go to to the banana boat or the changing room and you'll see the heart with an S in it, you'll know what I mean when you see it. Then walk in to it and activate the scene. You can find a bunch of these events throughout the map.

Reactions: Empire0075
Mar 23, 2019
Quick question, are studio scenes (especially the timeline ones) from the original Koikatsu compatible in Sunshine? I haven't looked into Sunshine after original release and think it might be ready with how much time has been given for modders

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Does anyone know why KKS is warning me that "Horai Legend: [Horai Legend] Summer Color Festival Mod.zipmod" is missing when I load various characters?
I can't find said mod anywhere.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Quick question, are studio scenes (especially the timeline ones) from the original Koikatsu compatible in Sunshine? I haven't looked into Sunshine after original release and think it might be ready with how much time has been given for modders
Haven't tried it myself, but if the character cards are any indication, then yes. However, be aware that, once you make them into a Koikatsu Sunshine card, you CANNOT go back, so make sure to back up the original in case the original Koikatsu is better for the scene you are working on, and yes, there are situations where the original is the better option and always will be.

Does anyone know why KKS is warning me that "Horai Legend: [Horai Legend] Summer Color Festival Mod.zipmod" is missing when I load various characters?
I can't find said mod anywhere.
The character is probably using an old version of an accessory and all you have to do is replace the accessories, all of them, with the same thing from the character maker. This will swap out the old data with the new data from your version of the mod. Also, be aware that most .zipmod mods are not named the same as what the warning tells you, which is why these are so hard to identify off the warning.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit
Mar 9, 2018
Did they cut that feature from Party were the girls would initiate dialogue with the player? I noticed they never did this in Sunshine.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Did they cut that feature from Party were the girls would initiate dialogue with the player? I noticed they never did this in Sunshine.
They can do it too. It depend on the girl relationship with you.

But there also some option with the mods (included in the better repack) to prevent NPC to initiate talk with you. So check out the option and extra option and mods, if the option is not activated, then it's just that you're not close enough to the girls (yet) to make them want to talk to you.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This and Party are related in name only. While this game is extremely similar and the code is at least similar enough to allow transferring player created things like characters in one direction to Sunshine, they are not the same game, in fact, that last part is a very big sign that they are not the same as the same game could use the cards without having to make changes that would make it impossible to use the cards transferred to it in the original again.

That said, both games supposedly have this NPC initiated dialogue.

They can do it too. It depend on the girl relationship with you.

But there also some option with the mods (included in the better repack) to prevent NPC to initiate talk with you. So check out the option and extra option and mods, if the option is not activated, then it's just that you're not close enough to the girls (yet) to make them want to talk to you.
I have four girls in an active sexual relationship and dating with full affection, none approach me and start a conversation. I do believe they can, it would make very little sense to keep something that basic out of a sequel to a game that did have that function, I may be having an issue with a mod that is installed and active by default that prevents it and that may be why they haven't started a conversation.

I'll check the mod options to see what might be going on there next time I load Sunshine, thanks for the tip. I wasn't even aware there were mods with that bit of functionality and now I wonder what the use of that function even is. EDIT: I checked, my R3 copy has no mods with functions that stop interactions from happening and still they only talk to me during conversation when I talk to them first.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018
This and Party are related in name only. While this game is extremely similar and the code is at least similar enough to allow transferring player created things like characters in one direction to Sunshine, they are not the same game, in fact, that last part is a very big sign that they are not the same as the same game could use the cards without having to make changes that would make it impossible to use the cards transferred to it in the original again.

That said, both games supposedly have this NPC initiated dialogue.

I have four girls in an active sexual relationship and dating with full affection, none approach me and start a conversation. I do believe they can, it would make very little sense to keep something that basic out of a sequel to a game that did have that function, I may be having an issue with a mod that is installed and active by default that prevents it and that may be why they haven't started a conversation.

I'll check the mod options to see what might be going on there next time I load Sunshine, thanks for the tip. I wasn't even aware there were mods with that bit of functionality and now I wonder what the use of that function even is.
Yeah same thing is happening to me, they invite you to do things (sex, activities, etc) way less too, and they take a lot longer to confess on their own too than in Party, if you find out what mods might be causing that let us know.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah same thing is happening to me, they invite you to do things (sex, activities, etc) way less too, and they take a lot longer to confess on their own too than in Party, if you find out what mods might be causing that let us know.
I haven't gotten them to do anything except come at me with a bubble over their heads and stop short, saying something once they stop, at which point you have to interact to get anything out of it and it goes immediately into an H scene. That's mod functionality, I know it is because that's what they did in the original Koikatsu with the LewdCrestX mod and I have that in both games. EDIT: Correction on the bubble part, the two hearts bubble does what I said, but there is a green bubble that also pops up that I just got, but you still have to start the interaction. I assume this is her wanting to talk.

Last edited:

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I haven't gotten them to do anything except come at me with a bubble over their heads and stop short, saying something once they stop, at which point you have to interact to get anything out of it and it goes immediately into an H scene. That's mod functionality, I know it is because that's what they did in the original Koikatsu with the LewdCrestX mod and I have that in both games. EDIT: Correction on the bubble part, the two hearts bubble does what I said, but there is a green bubble that also pops up that I just got, but you still have to start the interaction. I assume this is her wanting to talk.
It's possible a couple of the game settings are in reverse like in Koikatu and Party. The setting that's supposed to allow them to initiate dialogue with the player actually disables it as the description in the Menu was written wrong. But I haven't played Sunshine yet and haven't been able to check the relevant settings config XML. See if there is a config folder in the User Data folder that is if Sunshine has a config folder.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's possible a couple of the game settings are in reverse like in Koikatu and Party. The setting that's supposed to allow them to initiate dialogue with the player actually disables it as the description in the Menu was written wrong. But I haven't played Sunshine yet and haven't been able to check the relevant settings config XML. See if there is a config folder in the User Data folder that is if Sunshine has a config folder.
There's a System.xml and a Voices.xml in the config folder, neither of which have anything that specifically seems to control NPC actions, also no option in the vanilla game options, which does match up with each XML file.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes