alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
For me, the fact that they don't come and bust your balls no matter what you do is great, if you're going with a girl to an event/meeting it's better for the other girls to stay away otherwise they risk bad words like 'what the fuck do you want? get the fuck out'. and then I have to be the one to do things the others are just sidelines.
The player character is faster than NPCs, making them very easy to outrun. The problem isn't that they don't do it, that's only the cause. The problem is that now they can't do the NPC initiated actions that allow you to continue interacting even if you run out of conversation points (NPC initiated actions in Koikatsu do not count toward the conversation points and are not limited to only happening when you have conversation points), you are now limited to only five interactions per time period, which limits how far you can progress a girl per time period and makes it take longer overall.

axbcd

Aug 30, 2018
the game keeps crashing out of nowhere. The way is to wait for a new repack to come out to see if they fix this
PS: unfortunately i can't have my game on SSD because the lack of space..

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
The player character is faster than NPCs, making them very easy to outrun. The problem isn't that they don't do it, that's only the cause. The problem is that now they can't do the NPC initiated actions that allow you to continue interacting even if you run out of conversation points (NPC initiated actions in Koikatsu do not count toward the conversation points and are not limited to only happening when you have conversation points), you are now limited to only five interactions per time period, which limits how far you can progress a girl per time period and makes it take longer overall.
this thing is worthless, if they're just a bunch of pain in the ass I'll simply delete them and instead of standing there watching flies all the time do something.and then in all Illusionn games there is a limit in interactions and this avoids finishing the game straight away and having nothing else to do but fuck it, at this point it is better to just play freeh

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
this thing is worthless, if they're just a bunch of pain in the ass I'll simply delete them and instead of standing there watching flies all the time do something.and then in all Illusionn games there is a limit in interactions and this avoids finishing the game straight away and having nothing else to do but fuck it, at this point it is better to just play freeh
I mean, it is kind of better to play Free H, Illusion really screwed up with three of the last four games (this is what happens when you listen to customers too much and don't limit the influence customers have on the design).

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I mean, it is kind of better to play Free H, Illusion really screwed up with three of the last four games (this is what happens when you listen to customers too much and don't limit the influence customers have on the design).
Illusion is a software house and it has to make money to keep making games, so who cares what four assholes want, in fact in KKS I've never heard complaints about studio and maker but only about the main game, which is very limited, and this is something that Illusion has always had, as friends they're fine but as girlfriends they have the same attitude as friends, some more action wouldn't be bad, in fact I've always wondered what's the point of getting engaged, just to get more pissed off? And then Illusion has always made mediocre games, it's not just the latest

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Illusion is a software house and it has to make money to keep making games, so who cares what four assholes want, in fact in KKS I've never heard complaints about studio and maker but only about the main game, which is very limited, and this is something that Illusion has always had, as friends they're fine but as girlfriends they have the same attitude as friends, some more action wouldn't be bad, in fact I've always wondered what's the point of getting engaged, just to get more pissed off? And then Illusion has always made mediocre games, it's not just the latest
Those complaints are the problem right there, and no, this is not something Illusion always had. Remember the game that we always somehow end up coming back to, AA2. You may not have liked it, that's perfectly fine, but that was far less limited in the actual game and it was much better in gameplay than any of the last four games.

There are no complaints about the studio because it is basically a copy of original Koikatsu's studio with different maps and objects added with this game (there are no complaints about the original Koikatsu's studio, either, funny how that matches up). The character maker is doing exactly what the customers wanted, more customization, but it took away gameplay to do that because Illusion can only do so much on a time limit.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Those complaints are the problem right there, and no, this is not something Illusion always had. Remember the game that we always somehow end up coming back to, AA2. You may not have liked it, that's perfectly fine, but that was far less limited in the actual game and it was much better in gameplay than any of the last four games.

There are no complaints about the studio because it is basically a copy of original Koikatsu's studio with different maps and objects added with this game (there are no complaints about the original Koikatsu's studio, either, funny how that matches up). The character maker is doing exactly what the customers wanted, more customization, but it took away gameplay to do that because Illusion can only do so much on a time limit.
moving around an empty map like an idiot just to talk to someone? and that would be good gameplay? and then also in AA2 even if they are girlfriends they act exactly as if they were friends, the only thing you unlock in AA2,kK and KKS are dates.Illusion has always limited its games a lot

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
moving around an empty map like an idiot just to talk to someone? and that would be good gameplay? and then also in AA2 even if they are girlfriends they act exactly as if they were friends, the only thing you unlock in AA2,kK and KKS are dates.Illusion has always limited its games a lot
I mean, the alternative is using menus to select girls and load them into scenes like HS2, which is basically like if they were to take everything except the character maker and Free H out of either Koikatsu game. Yes, Illusion has always limited their games, though they don't have much choice, you can't really do much when your customers want things that aren't gameplay to be the main focus. To work on gameplay more would be to upset the customers.

Unless...there is one way they could do it all, but that means no more time limits, they would have to work on the games until they have everything completed to the fullest extent they planned even if it means taking longer. They would get all of the customization and they wouldn't have to sacrifice gameplay like both Koikatsu games did.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
I mean, the alternative is using menus to select girls and load them into scenes like HS2, which is basically like if they were to take everything except the character maker and Free H out of either Koikatsu game. Yes, Illusion has always limited their games, though they don't have much choice, you can't really do much when your customers want things that aren't gameplay to be the main focus. To work on gameplay more would be to upset the customers.

Unless...there is one way they could do it all, but that means no more time limits, they would have to work on the games until they have everything completed to the fullest extent they planned even if it means taking longer. They would get all of the customization and they wouldn't have to sacrifice gameplay like both Koikatsu games did.
it is right to please its customers but Illusion listens to them too much,
after KK and Ai-Shoujo I had high hopes for KKS, (if it had put together KK and Ai-Shoujo it would have been a great game) but as always Illusion does nothing but disappoint, in fact I don't know if I want to follow it anymore. and then the setting, they should have realised with SBPR that the holiday island doesn't work.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
it is right to please its customers but Illusion listens to them too much,
after KK and Ai-Shoujo I had high hopes for KKS, (if it had put together KK and Ai-Shoujo it would have been a great game) but as always Illusion does nothing but disappoint, in fact I don't know if I want to follow it anymore. and then the setting, they should have realised with SBPR that the holiday island doesn't work.
Agreed, though the problem isn't that they basically did "holiday island," the problem is there isn't much to do. "Holiday island" can work, but there HAS to be something to do, some sort of goal, interactions around the map that actually progress something (the bird nest and the plant that give rare topics don't count). With SBPR, you basically had a VN where, instead of just reading things between scenes, you had to walk, sometimes to the other side of the map, and you still had nothing to do in between, even less than Koikatsu Sunshine. You don't have to walk to the other side of the map in Koikatsu Sunshine, BUT you don't have much to do other than talk to and have sex with the girls, so now you are no longer walking between the scenes of a VN, now you're walking in a very empty sandbox.

They could have just saved the trouble and made it menu based like HS2, no walking, just choose the room with the girl you want in it and you get the scene. At least the original Koikatsu had a goal, get girls into your club and raise your stats to unlock scenes. Koikatsu Sunshine doesn't even have that, what little there is from the one story character on the map, the tour guide, is the intro where she shows you around the island, then there is no more of anything except finding girls, talking to them, and having sex with them.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
anyone know how to add characters from scenes (studio) to the female characters folder?
Character Reader, though the interface is in Japanese. That said, it is pretty simple because of how little you need to know, the button next to the text box is to browse for the scene, the buttons below are to extract the character or cancel.

Reactions: vergil5

vergil5

Jul 17, 2018
Character Reader, though the interface is in Japanese. That said, it is pretty simple because of how little you need to know, the button next to the text box is to browse for the scene, the buttons below are to extract the character or cancel.
thank you!!

bymkaster

Jun 12, 2018
hey.
Here the setup: 4k, quality, repack version 5, 59 custom characters with many accesories, all of them loading simultaneously. Takes about of 19gb of ram, but sometimes when chrome and steam is on(hardware acceleration is on for both), game crashes on loading to next time of day or when loading save a second time.

and also looks like nvidia drivers stopped responding or something, one time task manager stopped seeing the videocard and only restart helps

Any possible ways to elliminate crashes without lowering maximum of loaded characters or lowering the graphics? thanks

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
hey.
Here the setup: 4k, quality, repack version 5, 59 custom characters with many accesories, all of them loading simultaneously. Takes about of 19gb of ram, but sometimes when chrome and steam is on(hardware acceleration is on for both), game crashes on loading to next time of day or when loading save a second time.

and also looks like nvidia drivers stopped responding or something, one time task manager stopped seeing the videocard and only restart helps

Any possible ways to elliminate crashes without lowering maximum of loaded characters or lowering the graphics? thanks
Turning off Steam and Chrome while playing MIGHT help, sounds like that 19GB of RAM is being split between those and the game, causing there to be too little for the game to use. Also, the more characters you have and the more accessories those characters have, the more RAM you will need.

If turning off the other two, not just closing open Chrome and Steam windows, but actually shutting off their processes, doesn't help, the only thing left I can suggest IS to reduce the number of characters and the graphics settings.

Reactions: bymkaster

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Is there any way to edit a character outside of loading up the game itself to do so? Or at least a way to change minor details like their name? A lot of custom cards seem to have names in Japanese, or just badly translated.

JR006

Mar 13, 2019
Can anybody tell me how to start the PantyFairy side quest? The config and cheats are both in the game, but I'm not seeing the note that starts the quest anywhere in game

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there any way to edit a character outside of loading up the game itself to do so? Or at least a way to change minor details like their name? A lot of custom cards seem to have names in Japanese, or just badly translated.
There is not, loading the file into any other program risks the metadata that controls the game's ability to recognize the file as a character card. You stand a high risk of turning the character card into JUST a picture.

Can anybody tell me how to start the PantyFairy side quest? The config and cheats are both in the game, but I'm not seeing the note that starts the quest anywhere in game
The fitting room at the back of one of the shops in the harbor area where the tour guide usually stands.

JR006

Mar 13, 2019
The fitting room at the back of one of the shops in the harbor area where the tour guide usually stands.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing was there. Any chance it's a time sensitive thing?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Nothing was there. Any chance it's a time sensitive thing?
[/QUOTE]
It is not, there should be a floating bubble with a question mark, you interact with that and that starts the quest and progresses it through each step as you accomplish the goals she gives you.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes