pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
I hope we can transfer our character card from KK1 to this one, cause Honey select 1 cant transfer cards too Honey select 2, I was disappointed.
You can it's even advertised on Sunshine's website as a "feature". Just download this trial and load your KK1 cards, provided said card isn't loaded with tons of mods that are not ported yet

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
Why do they actually continue making the cartoony games, when it is possible to do something much more lifelike? Beats me, but there must be a market for it. In my opinion, all the games from that company with 3DCG looking artwork are basically the same.
Because their main target audience is still the JP and to cater to both sides of the H game community, they always jump between anime and realistic style. Whatever that brings in money man. My main gripe is after a decade, Illusion still don't bother investing into their physics engine. They used to be one of the more innovative H game company in the past, they made realistic 3D H game while their competitiors were still stuck on anime girl sims. They made "Ai" scripted games when the rest are still stuck on VN. Now their boob physics are literally copy paste between anime(KK) and realistic(Ai,playhome,HS), nothing really changed, meanwhile other games are already putting effort into their engine and animations

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Many people who criticise the primitiveness or excessive randomness of AA2 probably haven't played the AA2 Unlimited.
This is a global modification that greatly expands the game's features, personalities and charas behaviour.
Modders actively still do a great work on C++, using a variety of assembler hooks. (This is not just unity plugins on C#, using handy programs to view the code of the game dlls.)
I can only imagine how much gameplay such modders could add to AA3 on unity.

Reactions: KekKoo

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Many people who criticise the primitiveness or excessive randomness of AA2 probably haven't played the AA2 Unlimited.
This is a global modification that greatly expands the game's features, personalities and charas behaviour.
Modders actively still do a great work on C++, using a variety of assembler hooks. (This is not just unity plugins on C#, using handy programs to view the code of the game dlls.)
I can only imagine how much gameplay such modders could add to AA3 on unity.
this is the sin of illusion.
he has always done new things instead of improving what he has done, so for me you can leave, you will never see AA3.
and then I like koikatsu.
also because everyone talks about Koikatsu as the successor of AA2 but for me they have nothing in common, in fact even the original dev has always said that Koikatsu has nothing to do with AA2

Nonsense200

Oct 5, 2020
The easiest way to improve the gameplay would be to change the tone... add a little bit of violence, nothing over the top or gory, but like "gang of deliquents beats you up and messes up your stuff".

Though for anything like that to work they'd need to do something heretical, which is to have a more firm "default charlist" and a more story-driven/semi-linear? story, as well as have some kind of "pros and cons" list for the protagonist, at least in that default story-mode.
The reason I say this is because KK's story mode lacked any "tension" aside from double-dipping on a date, and even then, and you need some tension to make the gameplay somewhat memorable or for personalities to be able to differentiate themselves.

so for instance the deliquent personality should be willing, wanting, or able to beat the shit out of the player-character if he does something to offend her.. the Yandere-type should murder or at least threaten to out of jealousy.. etc.

a less saturated color pallet would also be nice but that's just me, looking at some of Illusions older games I kind of miss that "Homemate"-look where it's cell-shaded but it's also has some better default proportions.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019
this is the sin of illusion.
he has always done new things instead of improving what he has done, so for me you can leave, you will never see AA3.
and then I like koikatsu.
also because everyone talks about Koikatsu as the successor of AA2 but for me they have nothing in common, in fact even the original dev has always said that Koikatsu has nothing to do with AA2
as soon as an anime-look game comes out by Illusion, it is immediately compared to AA. People don't get it in their heads that Koikatsu is a game in its own and not a successor to any other game

• Angry
Reactions: brasileirinho

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
The easiest way to improve the gameplay would be to change the tone... add a little bit of violence, nothing over the top or gory, but like "gang of deliquents beats you up and messes up your stuff".

Though for anything like that to work they'd need to do something heretical, which is to have a more firm "default charlist" and a more story-driven/semi-linear? story, as well as have some kind of "pros and cons" list for the protagonist, at least in that default story-mode.
The reason I say this is because KK's story mode lacked any "tension" aside from double-dipping on a date, and even then, and you need some tension to make the gameplay somewhat memorable or for personalities to be able to differentiate themselves.

so for instance the deliquent personality should be willing, wanting, or able to beat the shit out of the player-character if he does something to offend her.. the Yandere-type should murder or at least threaten to out of jealousy.. etc.

a less saturated color pallet would also be nice but that's just me, looking at some of Illusions older games I kind of miss that "Homemate"-look where it's cell-shaded but it's also has some better default proportions.
according to me it is ok that the girls seem blind also because if they were not it would be impossible to create a harem.
in my opinion what is missing are the interactions of the primary chara, because now in addition to talking and having sex you can not do anything else. for example, you are in a school, how nice it would be that you sit on a bench a girl comes and you start eating together, or you are sitting in the club room a girl comes and you have sex.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
Problem is they jumped balls deep into Unity and every single game looks and plays exactly the same. There's absolutely nothing unique about any of the games they have released for the past few years. I get it, they're spank material. But I like there to be an actual game underneath the fluff.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
Problem is they jumped balls deep into Unity and every single game looks and plays exactly the same. There's absolutely nothing unique about any of the games they have released for the past few years. I get it, they're spank material. But I like there to be an actual game underneath the fluff.
The pre unity games suffered of extremely basic gameplay as well.
What was probably their first game or one of the earliest ("A-ga" IIRC) was literally an interactive CG movie. The actual game could have been contained in a floppy disk. The other 4Gbytes of the DVD were all video files.
Only the "battle raper" games, and premium resort tried to offer something more. And as far as i know battle raper 2 is the only illusion game that delivered a decent gameplay without being a buggy and unplayable mess.

df223

Mar 13, 2021
Shit, this forum deletes my comments for saying truth

thus game will be koikatsu 2 , there are personalities from AA2 and honey select but that does nt mean its good.......

• Angry
Reactions: MavisFeatherlight

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017

thus game will be koikatsu 2 , there are personalities from AA2 and honey select but that does nt mean its good.......
honey select? really? this is the first time i hear koikatsu compared to honey select. (you won it all)
and then I can't understand what's wrong with taking personalities from other games they've made.

Marduke

Jun 12, 2019
is there a way to extract the custom characters from the game?
Some creations would look very nice even on non H games

Mar 17, 2019

your comments get deleted because of provocation and not because of your "truth"

Marduke

Jun 12, 2019
Chara folder contains the model as a save file for the game. I meant something like a .fbx or .gltf with all morphs from the editor applied (it will be a complete mess if the base model before the changes comes out instead)

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
as soon as an anime-look game comes out by Illusion, it is immediately compared to AA. People don't get it in their heads that Koikatsu is a game in its own and not a successor to any other game
nah... both games are soooo like each other: same graphics, same plot, same gameplay... I know people are nostalgic about AA, but we can't deny KK is just a rebranded product. I'm not saying it is a bad game, but it's too similar to AA

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
nah... both games are soooo like each other: same graphics, same plot, same gameplay... I know people are nostalgic about AA, but we can't deny KK is just a rebranded product. I'm not saying it is a bad game, but it's too similar to AA
in what? graphics in AA you move on 2d backgrounds in koikatsu it's all 3d, plot doesn't exist in AA, gameplay in koikatsu you can only talk to girls in AA you can do a lot more. for me koikatsu looks nothing like AA. just because both are set in a school don't get us wrong, also because AA is in a public school, while Koikatsu is in a girls' school.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes