sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Is this game good?
well it goes to taste, there are those who like it and those who don't. personally I like it.
the full game is not out yet and you will have to wait, the fact is that I do not know a single word of Japanese and the poster does not help me, but from what I have read in this forum it should come out on 8/27

Reactions: Bamboosword

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
While I was expecting AA3 as many others, I am cautiously optimistic as I had some fun with KK1.

Here's hoping the similarities allow for most, if not all, of the mods to be ported quickly.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
in what? graphics in AA you move on 2d backgrounds in koikatsu it's all 3d, plot doesn't exist in AA, gameplay in koikatsu you can only talk to girls in AA you can do a lot more. for me koikatsu looks nothing like AA. just because both are set in a school don't get us wrong, also because AA is in a public school, while Koikatsu is in a girls' school.
Everything is the same
Plot is different from story. The plot/gameplay is the same: School setting, with your harem. Populate the school with your characters, interact between classes, roam around the tiny maps with nothing reallly interesting to do. Try your luck inviting girls to your house. You can't deny it, come on, be honest. There are so many simalarities, it's easier to spot the differences.

May 22, 2018
I was reading on the koikatsu sunshine website and it say the number of positions is 130 or more, so that mean koikatsu sunshine gonna have more positions than koikatsu.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
Everything is the same
Plot is different from story. The plot/gameplay is the same
Not exactly. KK is partly a visual novel. The actual game is about the default heroines, and completing their stories. It can virtually be played without adding any other character into the school.
The fact that actually nobody give a shit about the story and the default heroines, and everyone just want to play the AA-like part of the game doesn't change this.
This is why KK is more restrictive on the player role as well. You are that kid that must start that club and meet those girls... So your character cannot be a teacher like in AA.

Reactions: AlphamanX

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Everything is the same
Plot is different from story. The plot/gameplay is the same: School setting, with your harem. Populate the school with your characters, interact between classes, roam around the tiny maps with nothing reallly interesting to do. Try your luck inviting girls to your house. You can't deny it, come on, be honest. There are so many simalarities, it's easier to spot the differences.
in koikatsu you can only talk to girls in AA you can do a lot more, even the population is made up of both girls and boys in fact you see copies together which does not happen in koikatsu, then everyone in AA has a better AI, everyone's personalities in AA are much more developed.
If I have to find similarities with other games I would say haremmate, in fact the first time I played koikatsu I thought it looked like it. same artwork same positions and animations and similar stage had to choose the girls that in koikatsu is the live mode, plus haremmate talks about idol and in koikatsu there is an idol.
for me koikatsu is a mix of other games released before so it's easy to find similarities

Reactions: AlphamanX

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
BABE WAKE UP NEW ILLUSION GAME
Ah yes the first part of the Illusion Grief Cycle.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why do they actually continue making the cartoony games, when it is possible to do something much more lifelike? Beats me, but there must be a market for it. In my opinion, all the games from that company with 3DCG looking artwork are basically the same.
Their 'realistic' games run bad and take forever to load. Also age poorly. They make toon then realistic, they switch up art style and genres with every few games over the years. We just had Honey Select 2 crying out loud and AI Shoujo.

Last edited:

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Ah yes the first part of the Illusion Grief Cycle.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Their 'realistic' games run bad and take forever to load. Also age poorly. They make toon then realistic, they switch up art style and genres with every few games over the years. We just had Honey Select 2 crying out loud and AI Shoujo.
hahaha artificial girl nostalgia google, it's really true, but as you said they have aged badly and the only thing i miss is the fact of changing positions by touching the girl.
but i can't wait to have the new game on my hands, let's just hope it's good and not shit like honey select 2.
however the image, I take it, is really funny.
however from what I have read it is set in a tropical island so I expect people who will bring out sexy beach premium resort.

Nonsense200

Oct 5, 2020
okay, messing around with the better repack I'm curious if anyone else is as underwhelmed with the vanilla clothing choices.

they haven't even solved the problem of "dress shirts not tucking into pants which should be an obvious thing (given how it prevents me from having as many tomboys as I'd like to have.

they have some new hairs and some new clothes in general but if this is "it" they're kind of leaving it high and dry.

BEST CASE SCENARIO:
This means Illusion is still working on/redoing most of the KK, EC, etc. assets and they will be part of the release for KK-Sunshine.​

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Cant we just pretent this game doesnt exist?

It was horrible.
NOOO... I liked it.
Games I pretend that doesn't exist are Happy End Trigger, Secrosphere, Immoral Ward, etc.

I wish they made something like their old school games: Battle Raper, A-GA, Brutish MIne, or try their luck with something unconventional like "You can't escape from the heroine"

Reactions: Aegish

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
NOOO... I liked it.
oh, come on.

Even today it runs like an absolute pile of dogsh..
but, nice that you got some enjoyment out of it.

But that in general is "a topic" with illusions "realistic" looking games, they all run... barely. At least thats one thing Koikatsu got right, the performance.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Even today it runs like an absolute pile of dogsh..
Completely agree. I got kinda frustrated with low performance.
But still... I had more fun with SBPR than with HS2. I just really don't like the pose selector 'gameplay'

This AI Shoujo also have performance issues, but I guess there was an improvement.

I'm expecting this new KK Sunshine to be the same thing as KK + minigames
I'm hoping for improvements in the minigames comparing to previous titles like Wakeari and SBPR

May 22, 2018
I don't have any problem with Koikatsu, Ai Shoujo, Honey Select 2 performance.

My pc specs is
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor 3.50GHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
i have my game in M.2 SSD Drive 1TB.

nobodyforever

Apr 1, 2019
Here's hoping the 130 new H positions includes gangbangs. Darkness DLC was a massive disappointment. Hopefully they can match the likes of CM3D2's positions.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Here's hoping the 130 new H positions includes gangbangs. Darkness DLC was a massive disappointment. Hopefully they can match the likes of CM3D2's positions.
from the one seen in the videos you are the only male so I do not expect things mmf and knowing the first I do not expect them even a little.
also because in the first I have to talk to them, invite them to study and do exercises in the gym and in the sport ground, I invite them to lunch, I invite them to join my club and then to do club activities, I take them home, I invite them to appointments, and finally that I have sex I have to make them fuck others? never, they are all mine and I will not allow anyone to touch them.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
it felt like ever since the backlash from rapelay in the west many years ago, illusion had been very afraid of doing rapey stuff. Playhome was the last i could think of.

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes