Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
I just install HoneySelect2DX from ScrewTheNoise and it runs well for me, it was on max graphics and the memory only goes up to around 50-75% used. The memory cleaning plugins was on which speed up the game but did takes up memory but not too much unlike Koikatsu Sunshine did aka to the max therefore crashing the game/my pc. Does Koikatsu Sunshine has a fix coming from ScrewTheNoise soon that may fix a memory leak or im wrong? Is there another way to change or remove to reduce memory usage from playing Koikatsu Sunshine?
The game is not opimized, and what make the memory / CPU usage go through the roof is the number of girls loaded in a game. You should reduce in the option the number of girl at school (in KK) or booked in in KKS to reduce the load on your PC. Default mod in KK and KKS uploaded version (outside of vanilla one) gave the possibility to put way more girls than the default game allowed.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Is there a reason why I keep seeing a 8.43 GB of sideloader mod updates despite having successfully updated several times? I'm at a loss for what it's doing here.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The game is not opimized, and what make the memory / CPU usage go through the roof is the number of girls loaded in a game. You should reduce in the option the number of girl at school (in KK) or booked in in KKS to reduce the load on your PC. Default mod in KK and KKS uploaded version (outside of vanilla one) gave the possibility to put way more girls than the default game allowed.
It's less that it isn't optimized and more that they consciously chose to make it in a way that PCs with no dedicated graphics could play. By putting everything on the RAM, something all PCs have no matter how powerful they are, it allows more to play to at least some degree. All of their games are designed this way.

Reactions: bwebrwkerw

JeffTheKillera

Jun 3, 2019
I can run the original KK with up to 99 girls, the ram only goes up to around 70-80 but can run it good. Few stutter from there and then but run better compare to KK sunshine which I could never load up the story mode, I can do hentai scene fine no problem.

• Thinking Face

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Does anybody know which one is better for character creation KKS or vanilla KK? Or there's no difference?

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
Without mods, they both suck. Vanilla KKS is probably slightly better than vanilla KK. With mods, I would say that KK is better than KKS.
I keep seeing this reply, Can you name a specific mod that's exclusive to KK and extra useful? The Sideloader Modpack is the same file for both game versions.

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
I keep seeing this reply, Can you name a specific mod that's exclusive to KK and extra useful? The Sideloader Modpack is the same file for both game versions.
Just get the Screwthisnoise repack on nyaa, and you'll have all the basic mods.

(And to answer your specific question: many mods that add clothes (among many others) are still not (and likely never will be) ported from KK to KKS.)

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
And to answer your specific question: many mods that add clothes (among many others) are still not (and likely never will be) ported from KK to KKS.
I can understand old clothing not being ported, but i can't say this counts as very important, given KKS adds actual features. Not starting an argument, just trying to understand. And like said the Screwthisnoise modpack download is the same for both versions, so.. Is there anything other than some clothes missing in KKS?

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Without mods, they both suck. Vanilla KKS is probably slightly better than vanilla KK. With mods, I would say that KK is better than KKS.
Thanks! I have repacks of kks and KK from Screwthisnoise but just couldn't decide which one to choose for that

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
I can understand old clothing not being ported, but i can't say this counts as very important, given KKS adds actual features. Not starting an argument, just trying to understand. And like said the Screwthisnoise modpack download is the same for both versions, so.. Is there anything other than some clothes missing in KKS?
Many things, but I could not mention them off the top of my head. For instance, one of the KK mods (and one of the reason I personally play KK more than KKS) I enjoy a lot is the one that adds many poses in the character creation mode, including poses with motions.
The gameplay itself has been slightly simplified (downgraded) in KKS from KK.
In the end, I would just pick one of the two and play with it. Just ask yourself: do I prefer the setting of a school, or the setting of a tropical island?

Nikosun

Nov 26, 2020
whats the diference between this and the normal koikatsu game and does it require the other game aswell in order to be able t oo play this ?

Aderod

Dec 20, 2017
I have two questions. Is there cheat option to gather conversation topics? I have activated (multiple times and have multiple lovers) lover visit at evening event but nobody appears, is this like pure random thing?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
whats the diference between this and the normal koikatsu game and does it require the other game aswell in order to be able t oo play this ?
The difference is that:

1. NPCs cannot start interactions with you, like conversations, in the same way.
2. There are new mechanics to conversations in the form of topics.
3. The graphics are roughly the same, but the default shadowing is improved a bit.
4. You're not in a school.

You do not need both to play, you only need this to play this, they are separate games entirely.

I have two questions. Is there cheat option to gather conversation topics? I have activated (multiple times and have multiple lovers) lover visit at evening event but nobody appears, is this like pure random thing?
There is no such cheat, at best you can get more to appear in one time period, making you able to collect more of them in one time period before having to advance time to get more.

Visits are a bit random, but they are based on a chance system with higher H bar levels being a higher chance. At no point are you guaranteed a visit unless you have a specific bonus that says as much from the harbor shrine. Also, any girl you have already done an H scene with that day will not visit, automatic 0% chance.

Reactions: Aderod

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
If I want to play this, what are the steps to do so?
The best way is to download the torrent for it. You can easily find it through Google or whatever searching for "screwthisnoise koikatsu sunshine r7 torrent" or something. Use qBitTorrent or Deluge for this. Then after downloading you just extract from the rar file and run the "koikatsusunshine.exe".

VNLXV

Nov 19, 2017
Every fucking time I update the mods with this launcher it deletes all of the character mods from Evaan and Delgado and then I have to redownload them all. LIKE WHYYYY does it delete stuff?

• Angry
2.80 star(s) 16 Votes