Nov 20, 2019
it's a new game. Koikatsu but more (on a newer engine) is kinda how I'd describe it. Not played a lot of it, since I've been busy figuring out any and all mess in here, but seems like a natural extension on the original game.

Currently it doesn't have studio though, so if you're looking for that, might want to wait a spell still, also modding, while currently moving along at blazing phase, is still very immature, and will remain so till studio releases.
wow i didn't expect you to reply thanks that was so helpful. i dont care about studio tho. just if it was new/translated/working so ill get this. btw your repacks are great if not for you I'm not sure id even pay attention to illusion games

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I swear... illusion, how, just how are they able to make animation speed dependent on something in the savegame... this company blows my mind every single time they release something.

Guess its time to delete a savegame then, thanks for the effort.
See it like this others never make it to even have any Save system ever in this state complexity range ;)
And some even not in much much lower state complexity cases, see everywhere around here where even is a functional save system implemented, you will be surprised about the amount of functional save systems when the Data complexity rises or if you find one about it's bugs ;)

And this even is the case for a bit further in progress development where the save system could be properly worked out based on the Games/Simulation development state reaching a certain point of stability.

But many never gonna reach even the base stability (freeze) for a properly working less complex save system.

So on this matter what you see in Koikatsu implemented here is amazing ;)

Last edited:

ChickenpieSK

May 3, 2019
I will probably wait for more betterrepack updates if you invested a lot of time in to the previous one. So far barely any of my old cards work, which is probably the problem of different mods clashing with one another. Looking forward for the updates tho! The game's visuals so far is very clean and the rendering looks nice overall.

Last edited:

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
Think I'm going to wait until future updates also. It looks interesting so far but it needs to be fully uncensored, a little more translation work and to figure out some future use with mods for character creation to the point we have what we had on the other game, etc. The H-Scene is pretty much Koikatsu (though I think there is new to unlock) but it does feel more open world than being secluded in a single school, which is more enjoyable imo.

In the coming months, if we get everything from what we had previously working on Sunshine, I'd definitely prefer this in the long run.

Reactions: sunisinus

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
See it like this others never make it to even have any Save system ever in this state complexity range ;)
Others being worse doesnt mean illusion gets "fre ride tickets"

All that Koikatsu technically needs to save is:

- The card data
- the locations of characters
- the stats of characters
- Bought/picked up items (Player inventory)
- minor stuff

Its not like Illusions games are complex in terms of gameplay, and for animation speeds to change... one has to actively change the animation speed somewhere in the code, have a function for it, which shouldnt be tied to the savegames.

Here is my take on this: The animations being weird is part of illusions "we dont want this to be played outside of japan" protection stuff, which also caused the other issue with the locale. But it seems something has gone wrong this time, since simply having locale as JP doesnt work for everyone.

Illusion in general is "weird" in how they make their games, but they are the best we have... for now... we will see what "project railgun" from ScrewThisNoise will be - given that he announced it with "dispelling illusions", maybe we finally get a proper game, but I have no Idea what he is up to.

is there full save
No, not that I am aware of.

Not played a lot of it, since I've been busy figuring out any and all mess in here, but seems like a natural extension on the original game.
I really dont want to trade places with you, but thanks for the effort... making Illusions games better. (and more accessible to everyone, installing mods was a pain back in Hongfire days.)

popel115

Jul 8, 2017
I'd guess it's best to just wait for the 2.0 repack, since people need time to make it all work and figure out why stuff might be broken.

krazy4games

May 4, 2018
-To Clarify, Koikatsu1 will be referred to as Koikatsu, while Koikatsu sunshine will be referred to as Sunshine-

Playing on r 1.1 and here is what ive learned so far... MOST of the side mods work with Sunshine. I transferred all of mine from the MODS folder from Koikatsu into the MODS folder of sunshine and MOST of my cards from Koikatsu work. Some of them are broken unfortunately, but i would say roughly 90% still work. Also, the game seems to have difficulty registering character cards if they're in a folder when you transfer them over. Take them out of the folder and place the images directly into the character folder and the game will transfer them the next time you start it up. HOWEVER, it only transfers the characters base outfit and nothing else, meaning that you will have to manually copy over all accessories to the other outfits in game to make sure things like their hair/outfit go with them. (Side note, i also suggest making a copy of all the characters you want to transfer to Sunshine and go back into Koikatsu and set their "In school" and "Going home" outfits to whatever their casual out is. It makes a bit more sense and will save you from changing it yourself over in Sunshine.)

All decensors for the GIRLS still work as well, but i cant seem to get the MALE one to work at all. It remains a pixelated mess.

When you first load into the character creator the base model is fucked all to hell but as soon as you load a character, it fixes it instantly.

No other problems have come up so far, the game plays normally with no crashes. Hopefully this will help a few while we wait for more repacks to be released. I'll edit this post as i keep testing things and learning more.

Keep a backup of the vanilla version just in case any of this leads to future issues down the road

Last edited:

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
Its much more complicated to develop Wild Life than bs like koikatsu.
Fans of Koikatsu value quantity over quality.
Quality in Wild Life? Wild Life is the same thing as Honey Select. You pick random NPCs, you watch animations and you're done. Koikatsu at least offers some game elements. Those dating sim VN parts are already more than Wild Life offers.

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
Are there new stuff like new sex position or something ? or almost everything are the same just change location from school to the beach and add new things like new outfit ?

2.80 star(s) 16 Votes