RPGM Kuroinu: Rebellion [v3.8] [LionheartXIII]

4.20 star(s) 10 Votes

lielie1212

Nov 19, 2020
What do you mean by "calm it down"?

Got any specific examples? Typos get fixed when they get found or when they get reported - whichever happens first. I know because everything I reported has been fixed.
I remember the area after rescuing that bandit lady had the worse battle system I've seen. Like every 5 feet you were in a battle and had to get through the town with gas hurting you as well and the worse designed tower ever. That one level made me quit this game. So when I mean "he calmed it down", I was checking for no more bs like that.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Ah, you mean the encounter rate. That has been greatly reduced, plus you can buy an accessory that reduces random encoutners further (and another that outright prevents random encounters).

Also, the next fortress - Kaguya's - is much shorter and easier than Rad was.

SpectralTime

Jan 27, 2018
I will say that if I could offer any concrete feedback, it's that I would just always play the "date" before the "love" scenes, if that makes sense?

As it stands, now that reading this thread makes me aware they exist, I feel like I'm being punished for doing a good job of befriending Chloe and Orgia, because I'm not getting to see content with them I'd probably like because I did a good job of making them like me.

It could be avoided if the "date" scene was just scripted to always play first, regardless of affection levels, and the "love" scene next, so long as the date was already done.

Also... you know, just having some kind of buffer between advancing dialogue and the dialogue options popping up? I accidentally pick the first choice all the time just trying to get through conversations.

I don't know if you can get this feedback to the game-maker, but I think I remember seeing your name in there somewhere.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Based on what Lionheart has said, that is exactly the plan, both for the current and for the future date scenes - they will be mandatory before you can romance the ladies.

If you are using the Skip button - Q, if I am not mistaken - then text should stop advancing the moment you reach a choice. Now if you are using the Action button (Z/Enter/whichever-it-is-you-use), then I am not sure what would be a good solution, other than not rushing through the text.

Reactions: SpectralTime

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Based on what Lionheart has said, that is exactly the plan, both for the current and for the future date scenes - they will be mandatory before you can romance the ladies.

If you are using the Skip button - Q, if I am not mistaken - then text should stop advancing the moment you reach a choice. Now if you are using the Action button (Z/Enter/whichever-it-is-you-use), then I am not sure what would be a good solution, other than not rushing through the text.
So we will need to restart the game, to reromance a lil to get a date?
Mmmmh I mean a second playthrough is fun, but I will do it later, maybe when the game it’s finished

SpectralTime

Jan 27, 2018

Good to hear! Thank you!

Wasn't aware that was the specific skip button... I usually play with either a controller or the numberpad. Thank you! I will keep that in mind!

So we will need to restart the game, to reromance a lil to get a date?
Mmmmh I mean a second playthrough is fun, but I will do it later, maybe when the game it’s finished
I feel that, but I am also putting together a save file that's pre-romance with everybody for future use anyway, so I should hopefully be alright... Failing that, I can dig into the variables and get to save editing!

Not sure why my preferred save editor crashes whenever I try to load the weapons or armor, but that's hardly y'all's fault!

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Good to hear! Thank you!

Wasn't aware that was the specific skip button... I usually play with either a controller or the numberpad. Thank you! I will keep that in mind!

I feel that, but I am also putting together a save file that's pre-romance with everybody for future use anyway, so I should hopefully be alright... Failing that, I can dig into the variables and get to save editing!

Not sure why my preferred save editor crashes whenever I try to load the weapons or armor, but that's hardly y'all's fault!
Save editing is always risky, and with the many choices in this game I prefer to restart it, after all I can check all of the dialogues and details that I missed

Reactions: SpectralTime

SpectralTime

Jan 27, 2018
Maya's date/romance/sex scene could use some general grammar fixing, but I appreciated that calling her "big sis" once seems to have had long-term knock-on effects. And her repeat sex scene leaves an image plastered on the screen overlaying the action; I had to count tiles and knock on Orgia's door to start her repeat scene to get rid of it.

Mildly worried that three-timing will come back to haunt me after taking Orgia's hand to help her with her fear of heights on top of the fire tower, to Maya's seeming shock and Chloe's envy; we'll see where that road ends.

For what it's worth, I'd also offer the feedback that at the very least, rogues need a once over. Since I'm playing one, there've been effectively two or three rogues in the party for most of the game, and just about all their abilities besides Triple Attack or Multi Kick are significantly less effective than either, just because they all either have extreme accuracy issues, cost way too much SP for their damage compared to Triple Attack or Multi Kick, or both. The status effects in particular cost twice as much as Multi Kick and three times as much as Triple Attack at the cheapest, despite being very likely to miss, doing a fraction of the damage, and often quickly being dispelled anyway.

Fan of Knives is alright; for all that Orgia's magic is almost always stronger once she's got infinite MP the rogue throwing them is faster. But I think they're still coded like a melee attack because they still have accuracy issues.

Selfishly, I wish I could also at least use longswords, as much because it would mean more of the treasure I could find would be meaningful as for higher attack. But at least while aggressively pumping gems into them, their damage seems alright thanks to their multi-attacks.

I also think SP gain in general needs an overhaul; it's really slow, especially when a lot of enemy attacks are Null'd, Evade'd, or Miss, and attacks don't generate SP unless they do damage, something I don't think is an engine limitation because I'm pretty sure I've seen it work in other games. And in any case, you could triple basic SP gain rates and it would still often be too slow to make use of the multiple 50 SP moves, let alone the 100 ones! And while at least Infinite Slash was pretty cool the one time I got it off, Cursed Slash was a huge disappointment and I didn't even bother with Death's Hand. Couldn't stand the thought of plinking away multiple rounds and nearly a minute of real-time play just to see Miss or Resist.

Finally, I'd adjust player walking speed up and the encounter rate still further down; it would potentially come to the same thing with these colossal, big-for-bigness-sake dungeons and might mean I finally recruit someone who's not 15-20 levels behind the rest of the party. And I make regular use of the "Sacred Brooch of Cowards" to shut off encounters when I'm tired of them!

I am still enjoying the game, but the combat is getting to me, especially when I had to fight a bunch of high-evasion enemies with three rogues and no spellcasters on top of the tower. They couldn't meaningfully penetrate my defenses, but I couldn't hit them, and a fight that should've been over in a round took a lot longer than that!

EDIT:

Maya's repeat scene glitched out in a completely different way after finishing Rau; now after the dialogue box where she pulls the PC inside for sex there's no option and the game just cuts to the hallway outside with the PC invisible but present. Thankfully, I was once again able to fix it without resetting thanks to the dark elves and square-counting. EDIT 3: Back to the first glitch in the Inn at Thorn.

Also, I'm pretty sure he forgot to include random encounters in the second section of the waterway into Thorn. Not that I'm complaining; I actually enjoy the dungeon and puzzles more with fewer interruptions and I'm overleveled as all get out anyway, even fighting enemies that can actually penetrate the defenses of the non-main characters! But it's still a glitch and I want to help. EDIT 2: Nevermind, finally ran into them across the section with a lot of little one-tile bridges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milleniumt

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
So when are Claudia and Celestine being added as romantic interests?
When the game gets its updates duh.
Probably not the next one, but who knows, we still have Have Kaguya, Prim and Alicia unavailable

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
From what I remember Seth said that the next update should be able to include Claudia's Fortress (something prior he couldn't add onto the Kaguya stuff because it would be too much, or at least time-wise he would be like forever at it until the would then demo could be released). It's also worth mentioning that, considering how most of the last updates have been story ones, Seth might either bring the bulk of her fortress and maybe some romance stuff, or try to finish the RPG parts first, to then focus on the romance bits. This is just me speculating, because aside from what he mentioned in his update notice on patreon in december there hasn't been much talk about it yet.

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
Nothing happened, I did post Seth's announcement of his plans for the future demos, if not check a few pages back, it should be there, but the short version is, he always has this period of working on commissions, and sometimes scenes requested by his patreons, and mentioned that for this year, the demo would be around march or april iirc, at the latest. Again, for the exact announcement check back a page or two.

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
Well, for those who wanted an update on how things are going with the game.

Original patreon post link here:

For my newer patrons March is the Month of my Birthday (goin to be 33) I USUALLY take the month off to Draw whatever I feel like, however given almost ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGEN PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE ON KUROINU REBELLION AT ALL!! (Game Dev Wise not Pic Wise) Im going to be using the Majoirty of the Month to get Game Dev done for Kuroinu so I can keep that Promise of a Claudia update in the Summer.

to my 50$ patrons I will still take your monthly rewards so you dont have to worry

But as far as Commissions and Monthly Kuroinu Patreon Reward that will be on hold til April.

"But wait what about Febuary you didnt do one this month"
You guys got the V-day Akeno set, Plus someone already commissioned something for Kuroinu this month as well so no need to worry about that.

Reactions: Cakei and sonhot

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
Well, shit. Looks like taxes are going to be a hindrance, as always as one has to pay them, point is, it might take a good chunk of time from Kuroinu Rebellion, but sadly, it is what it is. Still this could, maybe, be a sign for future or newer scenes to get into the game down the line, so there's that to think about as well.

Original Patreon post link:

Tax seasson is here and Taken a Major hit
So Taxes are in and I owe my government alot of money (about 800$ give or take)

Uncle sam REALLY dosent like me being a Indi Artist
So to make up the huge loss Commissions shall be open til further notice
Yes this will 100% affect Kuroinu rebellion, but I got to do what I need to well continue development, however you can always commission Specific scenes you want for the game for SOME kind of development.
To my Patrons IDR if this was in the Tier rewards tab but you do get a % off your entire commission by being a patron
Here are my rates if your intrested in a Commission

I DO PAYMENT PLANS!
Sketch Commissions- 5$
Line Art Commissions- 15$
Anime Colored Commissions- 45$
Airbrush Color Commissions- 70$
Black and White 4 Panel Comic Commission- 75$
Anime Color 4 Panel Comics- 135$
Airbrushed Color 4 Panel Comics- 220$
NSFW YCH Commission- 25$
-Additions-
Additional Characters- Price varies between type of commission:
Sketch: 5$
Lines: 15$
Anime Colored: 35$
Airbrushed Colored: 60$
Comic pages DO NOT have to pay for additional characters.
Maxium number of characters: 4
Additional Panels in Comics (After 4)- 40$
Drawn Backgrounds- 10-65$ depending on complexity
NSFW- 5$
Vehicles, Armour's, and Mechs- 85$Per
Add on's/Variations/Picture Sets 10$-70$ Depends on what is asked
-Discounts-
Any of my OC's- -60%off
Any Kuroinu Rebellion Pictures- -40% off
Any Kuroinu Rebellion Redraws- -70% off
Bust up picture- -40% off
Patreon Discount - % based on Tier level
-The No No's for NSFW-
No Vore
No Guro
No Loli/Shota
No Yaoi/Yuri*
No Scat
No Rape
No NTR
No Bestiality
No Excessive Expansion
No Pregnant Sex

keni77

Feb 3, 2020
What a damn difficult puzzle, luckily moonblackhen gave some clues, or I would be killing alligator skin warriors for eternity, God bless you brother.

Reactions: MisterDuck

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
"No pregnant sex"
BUT WHY?
I always wondered why that's a no, giving Lulu "scenes and content" I get (given how Seth is very adamant with the loli content and just securing a possibility with the game, also the fact in-game even Lulu is like: "Hey dude, no funny business" or something like it), but pregnancy no though? I mean, I would imagine the idea is to preferably make endings/an ending for each main girl, possibly with pregnancy, but unless Seth feels like it's too much of a niche or even "weird" fetish to put them into the game. Hope he changes his mind about this, I already have given up on the idea of Lulu not getting content, hope this does not end the same way.

4.20 star(s) 10 Votes