RPGM Kuroinu: Rebellion [v3.8] [LionheartXIII]

4.20 star(s) 10 Votes

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Very nice.
But i gotta ask, is the lore an actual cannon from the original game?
An hybrid, I would say, takes the source materials, in some parts develops elements that were overshadowed and also add new stuff

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ok I just finished Kaguya’ sewers and the boss battle, better than the last one, but ain’t a fan of the sewers, the puzzles weren’t that hard, I thought they were mastermind level hard.
Only terrible thing is that whenever I try to enter Maya’s room, the screen cocks block me with a black screen, infuriating.
Cannot know where to find the dates with Origa and Maya or other sex scenes…
Because there are other sex scenes or is it just Maya?
(Still no Kaguya route in game)

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Reached the end of the demo, enjoyable story. Thought this is complete. :cry:
I demand the next update now.
Me too man, me too man.
Best kuroinu fan game around but doesn’t update very often.
Where is my Kaguya love scene smh

Reactions: kshi

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
Me too man, me too man.
Best kuroinu fan game around but doesn’t update very often.
Where is my Kaguya love scene smh
You will sadly have to conform with the Picture Set, Seth posted alongside the 3.1 demo update. I know it blows and sucks but at least he even acknowledged the Kaguya update was rather short, so he made up for that with all the CG art he did and commissions for scenes in the game and, I imagine, future events when the rest of the girls get added (i.e. Claudia, Celestine, etc). And also according to the FAQ Read Me file inside the Picture Set folder, he mentioned he would like to add the girls from Kuroinu II and Gaiden as "Bonus" I believe. So there's also looking foward to that too.

I redownloaded it still get the same black screen
Also I believe regarding the Maya thing, it might be a bug from older saves, I would like to imagine. This probably won't happen on a new game, most likely (hopefully) this issue isn't carried to newer versions. I say this because the saves I've been using have been all the way back from version 2.83/2.85 or so.

As much as I love this, and also I appreciate Seth's intent on making an alternate way of experiencing the Kuroinu story, I would LOVE to have an option to skip the Sewer Dungeons. I swear I wouldn't mind starting a new game from scratch if it weren't for the sewers themselves. And yeah, the puzzles ain't too bad, part of me getting stumped was just me being focused on IRL stuff and well, didn't fully put my mind into the puzzles but they aren't bad by any means. This might be me, but as part as the random enemy encounters in the game I would like to have a Repel-like item to make them avoidable, if necessary. Don't know how easy or hard would be to program that into the game though.

Reactions: zARRR and keni77

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You will sadly have to conform with the Picture Set, Seth posted alongside the 3.1 demo update. I know it blows and sucks but at least he even acknowledged the Kaguya update was rather short, so he made up for that with all the CG art he did and commissions for scenes in the game and, I imagine, future events when the rest of the girls get added (i.e. Claudia, Celestine, etc). And also according to the FAQ Read Me file inside the Picture Set folder, he mentioned he would like to add the girls from Kuroinu II and Gaiden as "Bonus" I believe. So there's also looking foward to that too.

Also I believe regarding the Maya thing, it might be a bug from older saves, I would like to imagine. This probably won't happen on a new game, most likely (hopefully) this issue isn't carried to newer versions. I say this because the saves I've been using have been all the way back from version 2.83/2.85 or so.

As much as I love this, and also I appreciate Seth's intent on making an alternate way of experiencing the Kuroinu story, I would LOVE to have an option to skip the Sewer Dungeons. I swear I wouldn't mind starting a new game from scratch if it weren't for the sewers themselves. And yeah, the puzzles ain't too bad, part of me getting stumped was just me being focused on IRL stuff and well, didn't fully put my mind into the puzzles but they aren't bad by any means. This might be me, but as part as the random enemy encounters in the game I would like to have a Repel-like item to make them avoidable, if necessary. Don't know how easy or hard would be to program that into the game though.
Daaamn, I full agree, I love the story, the writing and characters, but the two last dungeons weren’t that enjoyable.
I already don’t like sewers, so my eyes rolled when I had to deal with the same shit.
I do liked the puzzles, they weren’t that hard and enough understandable but I would have preferred if there weren’t random encounters.
A repel item would be indeed useful, or just an option to speed up the battle or take out the animations (the toggle animations doesn’t work for me).
Also small thing but I would love if every enemy was drew by Seth, but I understand.

Ok I get it, it’s a save problem but I don’t wanna restart everything just for Maya and I’ll wait if he releases an hotfox or something similar.
I haven’t still done Origa date and Maya’s (for obvious reasons) and I visited some forts which are a nice addition but I do wonder if there are quest or more things to do.

And hooray for the sex scenes added but also not really, they are better with writing and dialogues they feel more dinamic and interesting imo, if there is a story in it.
Writing is the real kink all along.

I may replay it, one day, but the game is slow and yet engaging and yeah I love it, despite the flaws we all mentioned, it’s still a great game, unique from the others.

Update was good, but was it worth for one year of wait?
I guess, better than nothing, but damn I want more.
I’ll go check the CGI and try to find all the events and see if they can fix Maya scene, because ain’t gonna die peacefully without watching that love scene.

Last edited:

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
From Lionheart's Discord:
the next update will be in Late April Early May of next year.
About avoiding random encounters: There is an accessory called Sacred Blessed Broch of Cowards that should prevent random encounters at the cost of weakening the character equipped with it (so remember to remove it before a boss fight). I say "should" because I never used it, and can't even remember where you get it.

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Guys do you know how to start these romatic dates with Maya and Origa?
Cuz I really can’t find them.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Just checked after downloading the currently availbale version on Patreon (to make sure it is the latest). The Maya scene is just the one where you romance her and then have sex with her (similar to how you romance Origa and Chloe).

As for Origa's date scene... that one might be a bug, or an oversight - I'll ask Lionheart later. The way it is set currently you can go on a date with her, but ONLY if her affection is not high enough to romance her. If her affection is high enough, or if you already romanced her, then the date scene is not available. And of course, the date scene is a one-time thing. Again, I'll ask if this is intended.

Milleniumt

May 20, 2021
The difference between a Year I swear. Or more because I played alot more RPG Maker Games since then but holy the gameplay is definitely less enjoyable than I remember and I played this before the Patch were the Encounter Rates were lowered.

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
So I just tested, from yesterday, the slight bugfix on version 3.1.5 that Seth added/changed on the 15th on his patreon page. And, I'm happy to say the Maya date and her sex scenes in the Inn DO Work after you have the initial date event with her and everything.
Which is really nice to see given how in the original and in the H-Anime Maya is clearly heartbroken to see what Vult has become, and by then all hope she had for him was lost.
But... a new small bug/glitch, is that after you do her date scene with her, and go for the regular scenes it seems after the regular inn sex scenes you do with her, they get "stuck", as in the game plays normally but you have this image stuck of a CG/sex scene of her in the middle, which makes the whole thing feel very bizarre lol.

Reactions: zARRR
4.20 star(s) 10 Votes