3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
I'm curious to play Elfen King because it doesn't seem to be a mind control game after so long? Or at least somewhat de-emphasized compared to the last few ones. I'm a big fan of mind control, I just want to see what Lune does with elf mind break/slavery without using it. But it got mixed reviews so I'm in no rush.

Anyway, playing this translation right now as I wanted to revisit Dogeza Saimin. It's readable. It's impressive how far MTL has come from when it spit out complete gibberish. I know you're editing and polishing it but still, that would not be possible to do a few years back (people tried and it was still complete nonsense).
I have more problems with the word-wrapping than with the text itself (again, considering it's mostly an AI MTL), if I'm being honest. Have you looked into that, is it too hard to do on the engine or something? A little punching up in the presentation area can go a long way in making the TL more palatable - trust me, people on this site play stuff with similar or worse grammar all the time lol.
You clearly care about what you're doing and it's not like Lune games were going to be picked up by experienced translators or localization companies any time soon, so I do respect your efforts and hope criticism won't take the wind off your sails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heimeropen

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
I'm curious to play Elfen King because it doesn't seem to be a mind control game after so long? Or at least somewhat de-emphasized compared to the last few ones. I'm a big fan of mind control, I just want to see what Lune does with elf mind break/slavery without using it. But it got mixed reviews so I'm in no rush.

Anyway, playing this translation right now as I wanted to revisit Dogeza Saimin. It's readable. It's impressive how far MTL has come from when it spit out complete gibberish. I know you're editing and polishing it but still, that would not be possible to do a few years back (people tried and it was still complete nonsense).
I have more problems with the word-wrapping than with the text itself (again, considering it's mostly an AI MTL), if I'm being honest. Have you looked into that, is it too hard to do on the engine or something? A little punching up in the presentation area can go a long way in making the TL more palatable - trust me, people on this site play stuff with similar or worse grammar all the time lol.
You clearly care about what you're doing and it's not like Lune games were going to be picked up by experienced translators or localization companies any time soon, so I do respect your efforts and hope criticism won't take the wind off your sails.
Thanks for your opinion , I also want to give the best result in the translation and yeah i'll do something about word wrapping,and also i won't give in because any negavite comment and hate.

Reactions: Pered21

iliketestes

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for your opinion , I also want to give the best result in the translation and yeah i'll do something about word wrapping,and also i won't give in because any negavite comment and hate.
you have a word wrapping problem? did u use translator++? u can either edit the amount of characters per line in the vnpatch.exe config notepad file in the 2nd folder of the same name OR shorten the english translation by hand to meet the line limit. cant do much else about that

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
you have a word wrapping problem? did u use translator++? u can either edit the amount of characters per line in the vnpatch.exe config notepad file in the 2nd folder of the same name OR shorten the english translation by hand to meet the line limit. cant do much else about that
If you know how to do a word wrap, please teach me. I personally don't care if words get cut off, but if I put out any releases, I think some people might complain. Thank you in advance.

iliketestes

Mar 17, 2019
If you know how to do a word wrap, please teach me. I personally don't care if words get cut off, but if I put out any releases, I think some people might complain. Thank you in advance.
VNTextPatch's word wrapping defaults to assuming that 50 characters can fit on a line when using Monospace fonts, which is generally the most common font type in games like this. For some games that will work great, but for other it will be way to short (as is the case here) or too long which will lead to word breaks. You can change the amount of characters allowed on a line by the VNTextPatch used by Translator++ by going to the "www\addons\VNTextPatch\bin\VNTextPatch" folder and opening "VNTextPatch.exe.config" and looking for the MonospaceCharactersPerLine option

posted by a discord user for tl++

Reactions: Alternation62

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
VNTextPatch's word wrapping defaults to assuming that 50 characters can fit on a line when using Monospace fonts, which is generally the most common font type in games like this. For some games that will work great, but for other it will be way to short (as is the case here) or too long which will lead to word breaks. You can change the amount of characters allowed on a line by the VNTextPatch used by Translator++ by going to the "www\addons\VNTextPatch\bin\VNTextPatch" folder and opening "VNTextPatch.exe.config" and looking for the MonospaceCharactersPerLine option

posted by a discord user for tl++
Vntextpatch do not support .pac format.
I have tried translator++ already.
But I have used a python script to insert newline character at some fixed place in the line.

flammegrise

Nov 22, 2021
oh sorry it must have been a problem with my emulator I restarted it differently and everything works perfectly the work is clean! a big thank-you ! I was thinking of waiting two more weeks so thank you!

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
I don't know if it's possible but maybe put the text a bit further to the left?
Bro it's the problem with your emulator.
That is the reason why the text is out of the text box.
I have made sure that the first line will have space for 110 character and I have inserted /n character at 90th place or before in the line .
So you can change you system locale to Japanese and then inform me if the problem still persist.

flammegrise

Nov 22, 2021
Bro it's the problem with your emulator.
That is the reason why the text is out of the text box.
I have made sure that the first line will have space for 110 character and I have inserted /n character at 90th place or before in the line .
So you can change you system locale to Japanese and then inform me if the problem still persist.
the problem is very slight and persists in Japanese, I don't see how to fix it on my emulator, after its concern only very long texts

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes