4.70 star(s) 46 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Another Bugfix. Right now you can visit Nora a second time (which shouldn't be possible before the trait mastery is >= 2.0).

It's quick and dirty, but works (added lines 96 & 97).

As always feel free to add the fix to the mod/bf version if you like the code.

Cheers
Matt
Thanks, added to bugfix branch.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Ok, to be on the safe side, I downloaded the reverted bugfix, effectively rolling that back, deleted my MOD folder, downloaded the newly updated mod dev branch, installed everything in that order, then fired up the game to test. Went to Mom's room first thing in the morning, had her change to her jeans outfit (the one with the lacy one piece), then paid for her to strip. Jeans, lacy one piece (which stayed on), then her shirt, which lead to what I am posting in the screencap below. Once on that, if I chose the second, cheaper option, it just takes money and no change happens to her image. Choosing the first, more expensive option, however, takes the money and removes the one piece successfully, causing *both* options to disappear properly from the menu.
The problem is that 2 different parts of the code use the same function to determine the clothing order and what items are in it, one part expects both items to be found (recursion bug) and the other part expexts only one item (pay strip menu both items visible), for now I've updated the strip menu to skip 'extension' clothing (one clothing item that consists of two pieces), this way it should work for both issues. The fix is in the bugfix branch.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I had the same bug but only with the mod installed.
If i play the game without the mod, the bug does not appear.
In the version with the mod installed, i had the bug already early in the game and later pretty often.
Without the mod and several hours of playing, not a single crash with this bug.
You are right, the problem was a little bit more layered then expected.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Outfit Manager Crashes after Mod is added?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And when try Rollback:

And one more causing game to shut down:

And one more:

And when Rollback from that:

Last edited:

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
Wow, looks really interesting. Looking at some of the bits of code, it looks like in addition to adding various roles and events and a couple of locations, it tries to organize the code better to make it easier to add more stuff. As someone who's also been playing around with Vren's code, I wish Vren would steal some ideas from this!

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Hi partanen,

did you start a new game after applying the mod or did you use a savegame?

Cheers
Matt
Happened in both cases. First one was probably a save from unmodded 0.19.1., but right now it happens also in freshly started only in modded version played one.

Also: One more to mod away:

This one caused game to crash and exit...

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Happened in both cases. First one was probably a save from unmodded 0.19.1., but right now it happens also in freshly started only in modded version played one.

Also: One more to mod away:

This one caused game to crash and exit...
Mod is dead at the moment its only for game version 17

the game version now is 19 so mod will not work until updated

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Mod is dead at the moment its only for game version 17

the game version now is 19 so mod will not work until updated
Well, actually Mod works just fine but there's problem with Outfit Manager and with those new X Takes Over sex-scenes. First one is probably caused by Mod using old Outfit Manager, but it also offers a wayaround to get outfits for Employees. As I just this morning found out. It's possible to Manage Employee Uniforms and build outfits using Import Design option. That way Outfit Manager works. And the other one is usually Rollbackable and often avoidable if keeps control and don't let them take over ;D.

And besides I reported all those in hope of getting those fixed in 0.19.1 Mod(s)...

Reactions: TeamHentaiX

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Well, actually Mod works just fine but there's problem with Outfit Manager and with those new X Takes Over sex-scenes. First one is probably caused by Mod using old Outfit Manager, but it also offers a wayaround to get outfits for Employees. As I just this morning found out. It's possible to Manage Employee Uniforms and build outfits using Import Design option. That way Outfit Manager works. And the other one is usually Rollbackable and often avoidable if keeps control and don't let them take over ;D.

And besides I reported all those in hope of getting those fixed in 0.19.1 Mod(s)...
1st bug:
I didn't come across this bug yet. So I can't help you with this one.

2nd bug:
The cougar role seems to miss the function 'cougar_sex_take_control'. You can wait for Tristim or one of the modders to add the missing function or you can disable the cougar mod (doesn't help with woman who are already a cougar).

3rd bug:
I had this bug when trying to play an old savegame. The development version of the mod changed the initialization of some variables/functions.
With a new game I didn't come across the bug.

Cheers
Matt

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for your work on this. Gonna try out the develop branch and see what happens :) pray for me

Do you accept pull requests if I happen to make some fixes? Do you need a PR to be against an issue?
Any contributions are welcome, just make sure you're branch is up to date prior to submitting merge requests. If the change is elaborate, give a short explaination what changed and what it solves (GIT commit comment would be fine).

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Outfit Manager Crashes after Mod is added?

And when try Rollback:

And one more causing game to shut down:

And one more:

And when Rollback from that:
Most of the things you reported are fixed, please note that save games are not compatible when using the dev branch (currently supports v0.19). If you need another game version check the 'release' tags.

Reactions: partanen

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I like the outfit system but hate making them. Would it be possible to add a "Randomize" button to the outfit creator? Or even better, an "Add random outfit(s) to their wardrobe" button for the girls.
Hi, just to let you know the bugfix branch now contains an initial version of an outfit generator. Will add more features when I find inspiration.

Reactions: bsjfan69

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/CasualSex/Casual_Sex_Booty_Call.rpy", line 5, in script
    init 3 python:
  File "game/CasualSex/Casual_Sex_Booty_Call.rpy", line 14, in <module>
    menu_tooltip = "A friend sends you a phone message", category="Home", is_crisis = True, crisis_weight = booty_call_mod_weight)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'is_crisis'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init 3 python:
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc (1)\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc (1)\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    menu_tooltip = "A friend sends you a phone message", category="Home", is_crisis = True, crisis_weight = booty_call_mod_weight)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.18.1
Wed Aug 14 19:49:28 2019

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Code:

While running game code:
    init 3 python:

Full traceback:
    init 3 python:
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc (1)\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc (1)\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.18.1
Wed Aug 14 19:49:28 2019
Did you follow the installation instructions? The mods should be in a 'Mods' subfolder. And the dev branch is currently compatible with v0.19.

Make sure to update the vanilla files too, it contains the some fixes too make sure the mod is compatible with the original game code.

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
I get a couple of these...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7896, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8545, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 106, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 217, in script
    python:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 220, in <module>
    mc.business.run_turn()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 459, in run_turn
    self.sale_progress(person.charisma, person.focus, person.market_skill) #Otherwise their standard outfit provides no bonuses.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 625, in sale_progress
    for multiplier_source in self.sales_multipliers:
AttributeError: 'Business' object has no attribute 'sales_multipliers'

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7896, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8545, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 106, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 217, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0191-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0191-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 220, in <module>
    mc.business.run_turn()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 459, in run_turn
    self.sale_progress(person.charisma, person.focus, person.market_skill) #Otherwise their standard outfit provides no bonuses.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 625, in sale_progress
    for multiplier_source in self.sales_multipliers:
AttributeError: 'Business' object has no attribute 'sales_multipliers'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.19.1
Fri Aug 16 20:31:00 2019

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
The outfit generator is a lot better than I thought it would be! I figured it would come up with garbage 90% of the time, being random, but almost all outfits it generates are good combinations. Great work on that! I just have a question, what does the "Slut 0-12" represent? Minimum sluttiness? If not, there should be a min/max sluttiness slider, that's the only suggestion I have.

4.70 star(s) 46 Votes