4.70 star(s) 50 Votes

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
And what do you say in response to that?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have to say that I use @ property for love, arousal, obedience, sluttiness etc in class Person and the game automatically calculates these parameters taking into account the modifiers in the_person.serum_effects and when the serum expires these modifiers cease to exist.
There were a few of the serum traits there with text that didn't match what they did. Looks like things were copy / pasted and then not updated. Offending lines look like this:

________mc.log_event(display_name + ": +300 Continued arousal", "float_text_grey")

Reactions: divas72

divas72

Jul 12, 2017
There were a few of the serum traits there with text that didn't match what they did. Looks like things were copy / pasted and then not updated. Offending lines look like this:

________mc.log_event(display_name + ": +300 Continued arousal", "float_text_grey")
Thanks

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I think its a good idea to optionally remove incest, just in the form of flavor text at the beginning, and by adding a few new titles for the affected characters.
Why remove it?
If you don't want incest or play with doing incest action then don't, no need to remove it.
Remember it is your choice to have sex with them or not.

NoiVul

Feb 24, 2023
I didnt say definitely remove, that was something from your imagination
the option to change them to adopted family is something someone might want

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
i really need an atomizer option at work to dose every one of my workers without taking up a task slot.

how does this event even trigger? do you know?
serums sold directly or via contracts raise company attention. when it exceeds a certain levels some official is coming to raid your corp and steal serum.

Mother is fully submissive/in love along with sister. But I never managed to get mother to do instagram stuff with sister. How does it work?
send her into trance and add new opinions for skimpy outfits, being nude, showing off body (tits, ass), etc. study the opinion cheat menu to get an idea.

May 30, 2023
Why remove it?
If you don't want incest or play with doing incest action then don't, no need to remove it.
Remember it is your choice to have sex with them or not.
I've modded some events in my game to be blank / do nothing, because I got tired of the repetitive events where you have two or three options and I had to remember which weren't going to push me further in the incest storylines or accidentally result in me walking in on people nude in the shower/laundry etc. It's a grindy game and these kinds of events trigger quite often.

I'm not entirely sure what caused it - auras perhaps - but I've found myself getting into weird situations where despite never saying a single nice thing to the sister character, an event kept triggering where my only two options were "give sexual compliments to her" and "slap her ass". Neither of which I wanted to do, ever! And she just kept doing shit in the nude. And these same kind of events kept causing her to come to me with those "bu bu bu bwother, we can't do anything like that again!!!" dialogues where you can re-establish the taboo.

It's a little strange to me that we can also build a harem mansion and move our army of sex slaves in, but still live with our parents asking us for 100 dollars each weekend, and every time I give it to her I have to pay just enough attention to not ask her to kiss me every single time.

For someone who wants to avoid all incest content, the home situation in Lab Rats 2 feels very much like this:

Last edited:

trentrentren

May 24, 2020
Why does unren not work anymore? It fails to decompile rpyc files complaining about a missing module "_multiprocessing".
I'll just download the source files from gitgud to mod what I want, but I am curious why it no longer functions.
(All I change is removing the energy cost from some receiving positions, losing energy from receiving a blowjob doesn't make sense to me, I could get blown for hours without getting tired. Also changing the name of Lily's bedroom, since if you rename her it doesn't change the name of her bedroom, same for Gabrielle .)

trentrentren

May 24, 2020
Dear god, I have to clone the repository WTF are these install instructions. I thought this would be the usual drag and drop sort of thing, I don't want to have to install git just to adjust a few values.

Edit: Alright, for anyone else having issues with the instructions: Cloning the repository is not necessary. Here are some better instructions.

1. On the Lab Rats 2 Refomulate gitgud page, click the drop down symbol to the left of Clone, then download the source code as .zip. Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder of your choice. I extracted it into a folder named "lr2mods-develop" on my Desktop.
  2. Download the Renpy SDK (7z.exe) Run this file, it is a self extracting zip file. You will get a folder with your new install of the Renpy SDK in it.
  3. Double click renpy.exe in the Renpy SDK folder to open the Renpy launcher. Click preferences in the bottom right and change the "Projects Directory" to the folder that contains the lr2mods-develop folder. Mine is on the Desktop so my Projects Directory is C:\Users\myusername\Desktop
  4. Click Return in the bottom left and you should see "lr2mods-develop" in the list of projects. Click Launch Project on the bottom right to launch the project.
  5. If you want to open all the .rpy files, click All script files under Edit File on the right side of Renpy Launcher, then choose your editor. If you use notepad++ like me click System Editor. Edit to your heart's content. Alternatively you can open each file individually in the lr2mods-develop\game directory
Hopefully these alternative install instructions help anyone else confused.
Oh, and some things you will be used to modding in .rpy files will be in .py files instead, like how position energy costs are now in _position_definitions_ren.py instead of cowgirl.rpy etc like they used to be

Last edited:

slobber

May 19, 2019
I've modded some events in my game to be blank / do nothing, because I got tired of the repetitive events where you have two or three options and I had to remember which weren't going to push me further in the incest storylines or accidentally result in me walking in on people nude in the shower/laundry etc. It's a grindy game and these kinds of events trigger quite often.

I'm not entirely sure what caused it - auras perhaps - but I've found myself getting into weird situations where despite never saying a single nice thing to the sister character, an event kept triggering where my only two options were "give sexual compliments to her" and "slap her ass". Neither of which I wanted to do, ever! And she just kept doing shit in the nude. And these same kind of events kept causing her to come to me with those "bu bu bu bwother, we can't do anything like that again!!!" dialogues where you can re-establish the taboo.

It's a little strange to me that we can also build a harem mansion and move our army of sex slaves in, but still live with our parents asking us for 100 dollars each weekend, and every time I give it to her I have to pay just enough attention to not ask her to kiss me every single time.

For someone who wants to avoid all incest content, the home situation in Lab Rats 2 feels very much like this:
probably your self serum or whatever. the incest stories shouldn't progress unless their sluttiness/love is increasing and you're interacting with the family. if you don't interact with the sister she should have almost 0 increase in any of those stats. i play the incest route because i dont care, but i can keep my sister stagnant at any stat i want.

the mom... just dont give her any money... the money giving mechanic is simply there as a plot device to lead into incest. the secret to avoiding the incest is not playing into that plot device for the mom story progression.

i think there is also some mom/sister events you can turn off in the mod settings

you can just sleep over at a GF's house to avoid those incest stuff.

@NoiVul

edit: also, the mentions of rewriting specific story kinks or removing incest, i do not agree with. making these changes take far more time than people imagine (probably 1 or 2 updates worth of time). i'd much rather have new content than starbucks et al spending an update so that there's an incest path vs a "non incest" path.

a lot of triggers and conversations would have to be re-written, not just for the incest character themselves but for any exposition and story character they interact with (including the MC)

for example, the taboo system and reinstatement with your family becomes obsolete when they are no longer family. this also breaks the tasks they give you to finally lift the taboos permanently (like your sister offering blowjobs in exchange for an iphone). there is also the scenario where you watch a movie with Ashley and (your sister) which honestly loses a LOT of impact if she's no longer your sister.

and there *is* story continuity so if for some reason a person decides missionary is apparently too kinky for their ass, well that's pretty pivotal to a character's story plot and it'll sound hella stupid when they start referring to it in retrospect if you end up skipping it. - again, waste of time of the modders.

for example, the myrabelle story focuses a lot on corrupting this strong independent gamer girl into your personal cum dump. you progress by training her and slowing corrupting her in the form of coaching but you also turn her into your willing blowjob slave, possible breeding whore, and 3-some candidate with Alexia. if for some reason people have something against a woman giving oral to a guy (deepthroat kink or whatever), you might as well just throw her story out the window.

in short, not worth the time

Last edited:

Redypsrebyc

Dec 25, 2016
You have to have Ashley employed, Caffeine Infusion researched, and the Serum Testing Room business policy enabled.
Hm, that's all the case except for the testing room, which has been unavailable to me. Says "requires story progression."

I wonder if it's because I unlocked the serum research upgrade with clarity rather than via Stephanie. From poking around a few of the files related to the testing room, it looks like that might be the case...there's an "add_suggest_testing_room()" call under improved_serum_unlock_label.

Last edited:

xDuckSx

Mar 7, 2020
Hm, that's all the case except for the testing room, which has been unavailable to me. Says "requires story progression."

I wonder if it's because I unlocked the serum research upgrade with clarity rather than via Stephanie. From poking around a few of the files related to the testing room, it looks like that might be the case...there's an "add_suggest_testing_room()" call under improved_serum_unlock_label.
Yes exactly this...you have to upgrade the research with stephanie to be able to unlock the testing room....i had the same issue as you have now and had to start over again to unlock the testing room

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
As old LR2 player i have reached in this version to day 100. Overally having fun, but there are things to complain.

1) NPCs where progression is locked behind steps, its realy weird that Anal sex is before Vaginal, Anal sex should be next level corruption and player should have choice not to corrupt all characters to the maximum.
2) Also think if you reach girlfriend status all steps should be unlocked.
3) Discovered then if you plan sleep over and wake you can have vaginal sex, if that happens you should also unlock all previous steps.

Overally game is much fun and happy it is picked up and developed further.

Reactions: divas72

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I have to admit, the game is pretty fun actually. I'm completely ignoring the management/serum stuff and I'm just having a lot of fun with the life sim aspect of the game. I just wish the sex scenes would be more exciting and not just the characters doing poses. One of my girls just gave birth and it was already kind of a letdown how I can't even name the child and of course it's conveniently deported to the girl's mom so I can never see my offspring either. The base of the game is pretty neat tho and I hope it continues to evolve with more sex scenes (preferrably ones that are not just standing pictures), more clothes and general customization for the characters as well as fleshing out the life sim aspect of the game.

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
This game really does not like the arousal serum hack :'( also when i reinstall im getting a bootstrap error

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I have to pay just enough attention to not ask her to kiss me every single time.
hahaha are you still embarrassed by parents who kiss their children? =)
and that you have a harem - these are just your toys, your adult toys... a mother always has the right to tell her son to put his toys in a box and go to sleep (with her in an embrace in the same bed, hehe) - this is a mother , the most important woman. a wife can’t do that, but a mother can. you can be angry and your mother can hug you and nuzzle you into her ample chest like a little boy. Come on, a son shouldn’t be angry with his own mother, who loves him dearly and kisses him in public, who tells us to eat well. =)

4.70 star(s) 50 Votes