4.70 star(s) 52 Votes

The Huntsman

Oct 19, 2017
Why do I always have so much trouble getting a script.rpy file to work with? Am I using UnRen wrong?

I always end up with a script.rpyc and can't get it beyond that.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Why do I always have so much trouble getting a script.rpy file to work with? Am I using UnRen wrong?

I always end up with a script.rpyc and can't get it beyond that.
The GIT based downloads contain the .rpy files and can be used to mod the VREN download of the game. When you download the 'full package' everything is packed into .rpa files (and only contains the .rpyc files). The premise here is that people who are less tech savvy can just download and play, while more tech minded people can download the appropriate source code files and mess around a little.

Please note, that the GIT downloads don't play nice with the 'full package'.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
Thanks, but it seems there are no Nora's traits, anyway it is much better than the old menu.
Open the console with shift+O, then copy/paste these
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_mother_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_sister_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_aunt_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_cousin_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_nora_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_high_love_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_low_love_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_genius_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_high_obedience_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_high_slut_trait)
list_of_traits.append(nora_reward_hucow_trait)

_brandi_

Apr 19, 2018
haven't been able to reproduce the earlier problem after going to an earlier save. played more and really like the infraction system and hope there is some way to start offering an unpaid intern a low paying job at some point... haven't played in awhile and hope the strip club gets a bit more to it so a good bartender can be hired... maybe add how to run the club as another tab in the manage business policies? a bar with a good attraction will make a profit based on drink markup. drinks and chems from the main business seem like a solid match for LR2... haven't played long enough with it, so maybe that will be a thing that's already there... was hoping to find one of those investment groups that was woman owned as a place for expansion. still a lot of fun!

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Stripper club- what I did like to see is ability to move women between waitress, strippers, and BDMS performers. And maybe have "opinions" about the work position: Like/Love/dislike/Hate stripper work etc... Maybe stat on jobs at stripper club like for HR, Marketing, R&D, etc...just a thought.

And have some information about how many waitress, strippers, and BDMS you have and how many slots are available to fill.

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Stripper club- what I did like to see is ability to move women between waitress, strippers, and BDMS performers. And maybe have "opinions" about the work position: Like/Love/dislike/Hate stripper work etc... Maybe stat on jobs at stripper club like for HR, Marketing, R&D, etc...just a thought.

And have some information about how many waitress, strippers, and BDMS you have and how many slots are available to fill.
Different opinions about the office jobs make sense, but the jobs girls can get in the stripclub are related already to a lot of different kind of opinions: showing some skin, exhibitionism, not wearing anything, to like or dislike taking control, etc...
I'll think about a info page screen for the stripclub workers as per the regular company anyway, once the new jobs are unlocked (waitresses and bdsm performers), the player get a reminder phone call every 5 days from the manager/mistress if there are slots availables.

The Huntsman

Oct 19, 2017
The GIT based downloads contain the .rpy files and can be used to mod the VREN download of the game. When you download the 'full package' everything is packed into .rpa files (and only contains the .rpyc files). The premise here is that people who are less tech savvy can just download and play, while more tech minded people can download the appropriate source code files and mess around a little.

Please note, that the GIT downloads don't play nice with the 'full package'.
This makes sense, as it's what I've had to do every time, so I'll take it as a compliment that I'm tech savvy enough to make it work... Even if I always spend an hour getting angry at the full package version first, lol.

essay16v

Feb 6, 2019
First things first: Tristim, you seem to put a lot of work in this lately. Thanks for making this great mod.

Just a general question, if i remove Alexa from the model job, how do i get a new company model? the option in the policies is now black...

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Just a general question, if i remove Alexa from the model job, how do i get a new company model? the option in the policies is now black...
Once you've talked to her and select the option of Remove her as company model, just exit the dialog and in the Marketing room menu the option of Picking a company model must be available.

Hope it helps-
----------

Concerning recruitment signage policy, I can't get my employees to ask me for their relatives to join; only one of them did and brouth 2 of her daughters to the company. They're (my employees) all in their 40s and with 4 children each... but the event just won't trigger as Id like to. Tried toggling signage policy off waiting 1 day to turn it on again with no success.
Any suggestion?
TIA

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Once you've talked to her and select the option of Remove her as company model, just exit the dialog and in the Marketing room menu the option of Picking a company model must be available.

Hope it helps-
----------

Concerning recruitment signage policy, I can't get my employees to ask me for their relatives to join; only one of them did and brouth 2 of her daughters to the company. They're (my employees) all in their 40s and with 4 children each... but the event just won't trigger as Id like to. Tried toggling signage policy off waiting 1 day to turn it on again with no success.
Any suggestion?
TIA
In the original game all crisis events are selected at random (from a weighted list), in the mod a round robbin mechanism is used between the active events, once an event has been triggered it's occurrence counter is increased, this way all events will trigger about equally based on their active state. Some events are linked to a location or timeslot, so their total occurrence is higher / lower based on this. Although not perfect it's a lot better than random, before I added this, I had events that would not trigger even once and others that would trigger many times on a single play-through, without any consistency at all (same event repeating for instance).

Reactions: Edwarf and jimdandy
Oct 22, 2017
So downloading the newest Full Game and running it, I wanted to try going through the introduction to see if anything had changed. After the message reading

"You are the first sole shareholder of your own company and Stephanie is the first, and so far only employee..."

I get the following error message.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 79, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 74, in color_blindness_fix_update_people
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 17, in updated_person_colors
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'what_args'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11055, in script call
  File "Mods/Room/rooms/custom_rooms.rpyc", line 69, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Personality_Extensions/personality_class_extension.rpyc", line 103, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpyc", line 149, in script call
  File "Mods/Ashley/Ashley_mod_core_init.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "Mods/Candace/candace_anti_bimbo_serum.rpyc", line 56, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Action_Extensions/change_crisis_chance.rpyc", line 28, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpyc", line 78, in script
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 79, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 74, in color_blindness_fix_update_people
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpy", line 17, in updated_person_colors

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.36.1.10
Sat Jan 30 10:00:22 2021
Pressing "ignore" leads to a new error message:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/Mods/Core/ast_override.rpy", line 48, in custom_execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 2, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 3, in execute
  File "game/Mods/Screens/enhanced_main_ui.rpy", line 4, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 72, in known_people_in_the_game
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1394, in is_available
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1772, in is_giving_birth
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11064, in script
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "lru.py", line 248, in __call__
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/get_person_lists.rpy", line 72, in known_people_in_the_game
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1394, in is_available
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1772, in is_giving_birth

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Jan 30 10:04:30 2021

Reactions: Tristim

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
So downloading the newest Full Game and running it, I wanted to try going through the introduction to see if anything had changed. After the message reading

"You are the first sole shareholder of your own company and Stephanie is the first, and so far only employee..."

I get the following error message.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11055, in script call
  File "Mods/Room/rooms/custom_rooms.rpyc", line 69, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Personality_Extensions/personality_class_extension.rpyc", line 103, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpyc", line 149, in script call
  File "Mods/Ashley/Ashley_mod_core_init.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "Mods/Candace/candace_anti_bimbo_serum.rpyc", line 56, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Action_Extensions/change_crisis_chance.rpyc", line 28, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/color_blindness_fix.rpyc", line 78, in script
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Jan 30 10:00:22 2021
Pressing "ignore" leads to a new error message:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11064, in script
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "lru.py", line 248, in __call__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Jan 30 10:04:30 2021
I'm unable to reproduce this issue, try skipping the 'intro' to see if it persists.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes