4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
Error when trying to save an outfit: (v0.39.1 + latest commits on the bugfix + develop branches)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 300, in script call
    call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_people_list(), build_actions_list()]))
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call outfit_master_manager(*args, **kwargs) from _call_outfit_master_manager #Loop around until the player decides they want to leave.
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 3, in script
    call screen outfit_select_manager(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 1, in execute
    screen outfit_select_manager(slut_limit = 999, show_outfits = True, show_overwear = True, show_underwear = True, main_selectable = True, show_make_new = True, show_export = True, show_modify = True, show_duplicate = True, show_delete = True):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 1, in execute
    screen outfit_select_manager(slut_limit = 999, show_outfits = True, show_overwear = True, show_underwear = True, main_selectable = True, show_make_new = True, show_export = True, show_modify = True, show_duplicate = True, show_delete = True):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 18, in execute
    for catagory_info in outfit_info_array:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 19, in execute
    if catagory_info[0]:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 20, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 24, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 29, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 43, in execute
    for outfit in catagory_info[6](mc.designed_wardrobe):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 44, in execute
    textbutton outfit.name + " (Sluttiness " +str(catagory_info[3](outfit)) +")":
TypeError: 'property' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_people_list(), build_actions_list()]))
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call outfit_master_manager(*args, **kwargs) from _call_outfit_master_manager #Loop around until the player decides they want to leave.
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1962, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1950, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 18, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 19, in execute
    if catagory_info[0]:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 20, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 24, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 29, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 43, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 44, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 44, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.1
Same issue, good to know I'm not the only one having it. Though sorry to hear you're also experiencing it.

EDIT: So I went to the github site and saw that the file has been altered as of a little bit ago, might wanna try redownloading the bugfix and reapplying it.

Reactions: spre
Apr 21, 2018
Man, unless this phrase is especially true, this update looks like it'll make the modder's life hell for the next month or two.

" - Refactored massive sections of the LR2 code base. Should make the project easier to browse through, mod, and maintain."
I'd say refactoring for the game is a long-time coming, like, keep going down that way it'd be a nightmare for anyone to work on it. But there's gonna be downside to it and even modders have to expect that from any project.

spre

Jun 8, 2017
Same issue, good to know I'm not the only one having it. Though sorry to hear you're also experiencing it.

EDIT: So I went to the github site and saw that the file has been altered as of a little bit ago, might wanna try redownloading the bugfix and reapplying it.
I just tried it and the error was fixed.
Thanks

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
Trying the beta version and updating while watching on discord and it is more stable today then it was yesterday. And that is for 3.91

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm really worried about those new :poop: "features" and the way modders may deal with them. I mean, right now, VRen turned vanilla into a real c**p, and I suposse turning that into something good (as the modded version has always done) might be quite of a challenge.

Reactions: Choyz

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hey guys, sorry things for the mod development have been pretty intense the last couple of weeks, but we are progressing well.
I'm really worried about those new :poop: "features" and the way modders may deal with them. I mean, right now, VRen turned vanilla into a real c**p, and I suposse turning that into something good (as the modded version has always done) might be quite of a challenge.
In prep for 39.1 of the mod I've already started adding some hooks for increasing clarity gain as well as adding new uses for clarity. First up is a new "persuasion" menu that can be used for training and serum dispersal. Trist and I have brainstormed a few other ideas for how to increase usefulness of the stat.

I'd say refactoring for the game is a long-time coming, like, keep going down that way it'd be a nightmare for anyone to work on it. But there's gonna be downside to it and even modders have to expect that from any project.
WE did know the refactor was coming and I was even able to get a bit of a headstart on it, but it has definitely been a large project.
Also can you please add Clarity!! to the cheat menu?
Thanks
This is a high priority. Personally I've been too scared to go over to the main LR2 thread to survey damage, but I've heard through the discord a lot of people don't like it, and having clarity on the cheat menu would make it an optional mechanic.
Error when trying to save an outfit: (v0.39.1 + latest commits on the bugfix + develop branches)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    hbox:
    if catagory_info[0]:
    frame:
    viewport:
    vbox:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1962, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1950, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    hbox:
    if catagory_info[0]:
    frame:
    viewport:
    vbox:
  File "<screen language>", line 44, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.1
I think this got fixed last night, but it probably requires a new save game.

Last edited:

Tavern

May 16, 2019
Can anyone guide me to what file can now (v0.39.1) alter stat and skill caps for main character and random npcs?
Console commands would be gratefully accepted, but not preferred.

edit: Thanks to Frog Croaking who set me on the right path
In case anyone is interested in these particular edits;
stat and kill caps for mainchar can be found in ...\game\major_game_classes\character_related\MainCharacter.rpy around line 66
stat and skill caps for girls can be found in ...\game\helper_functions\random_generation_functions.rpy around line 11

Last edited:
Reactions: Frog Croaking

ratbastar

Aug 29, 2019
when i extract the bugfix and replace my game file is gives me an error that basicly everything is defined twice how do i fix this?

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
when i extract the bugfix and replace my game file is gives me an error that basicly everything is defined twice how do i fix this?
Download the full game from the links here, the files you downloaded are for modding the vanilla. I believe the one linked on the front page is the pre-modded version(make sure you get the update too).

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
39.1 requires a fresh install. There are some files that get deleted in the newest version, so if you install it on top of an old installation, you'll get a bunch of errors like that.

Reactions: jaboney and spre

Choyz

Jul 17, 2018
and usually, the moder get the cheat like a week or shorter....
and now, i don't think the clarity system will make the moder feel the same "fun" again....
but then, i just hope Our Ozymandias think it is a challenge from Vren......

Frog Croaking

Feb 26, 2020
I have gotten used to setting up the game so that I can just continue on in the creation screen, and I must admit that I take advantage of other shortcuts as well. Anyway, I was irritated enough when ver 39.1 changed things that I took the time to search out all the different edits that used to be in the script.rpy file. Thought I would share them with everyone.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*Edit: Oops, I misnamed the file " \Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\game\game_screens\character_screens\character_screens.rpy ". It should have been "\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\game\game_screens\character_screens\mc_creation_ui.rpy". I suppose it's possible that they renamed the file overnight while I wasn't looking, yeah, that's it. We'll go with that. Anyway I corrected the mistake.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes