4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

MetalBlank

Oct 3, 2017
are the aunt and cousin gone from the game or does mod interfere with it? not seeing any hints on it or "event" on the game map ever
What was really strange? I got the new update all installed, and I got a random text from the cousin before I'd met her in game. So I texted her a couple times, mostly to ask where she was. "I'm at home"

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
are the aunt and cousin gone from the game or does mod interfere with it? not seeing any hints on it or "event" on the game map ever
I know after some discussion the aunt and cousin was delayed a couple of weeks in the mod. Still happens tho.

And I think they stay a bit longer too.

In the early game have Auntie and Cuz around wasn't considered as interesting as moving it bit later.

Dr.Dro

Nov 8, 2018
I know after some discussion the aunt and cousin was delayed a couple of weeks in the mod. Still happens tho.

And I think they stay a bit longer too.

In the early game have Auntie and Cuz around wasn't considered as interesting as moving it bit later.
oh ok thanks for info was wondering because thought they were very early. yeah agree that moving them later is better though

Reactions: zenupstart

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah the point of the change was that the aunt and cousin stay couldn't be taken advantage of in the early game due to the need to set the business up. I don't actually know what the requirement is that triggers it now, but it happened very late for me in my last run. I think around when I unlocked tier 2 serums

XCore

Dec 16, 2019
Can't play using JoiPlay

The traceback log
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
  File "/storage/emulated/0/Lab_Rats_2-v0.38.1-pc/game/screens.rpy", line 106, in prepare_screen
    screen say(who, what):
Exception: Properties are not allowed here.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
  File "renpy/main.py", line 637, in main
  File "renpy/main.py", line 97, in run
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 938, in prepare_screens
  File "/storage/emulated/0/Lab_Rats_2-v0.38.1-pc/game/screens.rpy", line 106, in prepare_screen
    screen say(who, what):
  File "renpy/sl2/slast.py", line 409, in prepare

styler

Jul 8, 2017
I no longer seem to be able to have yoga progress. You talk to Sarah and, even with enough girls who love yoga, it never moves forward. I have restarted several times. Is there a bug with the new version? Thanks! Is there a console command that can be used to start it?

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I no longer seem to be able to have yoga progress. You talk to Sarah and, even with enough girls who love yoga, it never moves forward. I have restarted several times. Is there a bug with the new version? Thanks! Is there a console command that can be used to start it?
After Sarah's report go to the gym (morning or evening) and talk to Erica. Next Tuesday starts the first session...

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
Is there a way to "trick" the game into granting the mom, sister, aunt and cousin the new insta, OF and dik dok roles? At least until the storyline stuff for them is added?

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Just play the game and roll thru the events as they come. Candace is attached thru the story line for the hair stylist, and most of the side quests are attached to progressing research and characters in various roles in your company.

Reactions: Metalmania

nakedghost

Jan 7, 2020
Can't play using JoiPlay

The traceback log
Code:

After initialization, but before game start.
    screen say(who, what):

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
  File "renpy/main.py", line 637, in main
  File "renpy/main.py", line 97, in run
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 938, in prepare_screens
    screen say(who, what):
  File "renpy/sl2/slast.py", line 409, in prepare
Have this same issue with joiplay. A quick search yielded this:

Seems to be a problem with deprecated things on a newer version of ren'py, I'm not well versed on the code of the game nor the mod. Just thought i'd share.

Reactions: Cry about it

Cry about it

Aug 8, 2017
Have this same issue with joiplay. A quick search yielded this:

Seems to be a problem with deprecated things on a newer version of ren'py, I'm not well versed on the code of the game nor the mod. Just thought i'd share.
yeah mate. its seem the problem is the latest renpy in joiplay. cant open it in joiplai stuck in loading assets then its auto closing withour warning or anything

deadblackhole

Feb 8, 2018
can some one help me with this ?
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 21, in script
    init -5 python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 34, in <module>
    import shader
ImportError: No module named shader

Full traceback:
    init -5 python:
  File "/private/var/folders/xn/5rbwx7vn4278pd_w8234gqnm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/79553CE6-66F2-4AF4-BAAD-FE6181136965/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 927, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/xn/5rbwx7vn4278pd_w8234gqnm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/79553CE6-66F2-4AF4-BAAD-FE6181136965/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    import shader

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri Apr  9 17:43:35 2021

spre

Jun 8, 2017
Error when trying to save an outfit: (v0.39.1 + latest commits on the bugfix + develop branches)

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 300, in script call
    call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_people_list(), build_actions_list()]))
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call outfit_master_manager(*args, **kwargs) from _call_outfit_master_manager #Loop around until the player decides they want to leave.
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 3, in script
    call screen outfit_select_manager(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 1, in execute
    screen outfit_select_manager(slut_limit = 999, show_outfits = True, show_overwear = True, show_underwear = True, main_selectable = True, show_make_new = True, show_export = True, show_modify = True, show_duplicate = True, show_delete = True):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 1, in execute
    screen outfit_select_manager(slut_limit = 999, show_outfits = True, show_overwear = True, show_underwear = True, main_selectable = True, show_make_new = True, show_export = True, show_modify = True, show_duplicate = True, show_delete = True):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 18, in execute
    for catagory_info in outfit_info_array:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 19, in execute
    if catagory_info[0]:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 20, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 24, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 29, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 43, in execute
    for outfit in catagory_info[6](mc.designed_wardrobe):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 44, in execute
    textbutton outfit.name + " (Sluttiness " +str(catagory_info[3](outfit)) +")":
TypeError: 'property' object is not callable

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 300, in script call
    call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_people_list(), build_actions_list()]))
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call outfit_master_manager(*args, **kwargs) from _call_outfit_master_manager #Loop around until the player decides they want to leave.
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/master_manager.rpy", line 3, in script
    call screen outfit_select_manager(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1962, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1950, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Katawa Shoujo\New folder (3)\aaaa31\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 18, in execute
    for catagory_info in outfit_info_array:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 19, in execute
    if catagory_info[0]:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 20, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 24, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 29, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 43, in execute
    for outfit in catagory_info[6](mc.designed_wardrobe):
  File "game/game_screens/clothing_screens/outfit_select_ui.rpy", line 44, in execute
    textbutton outfit.name + " (Sluttiness " +str(catagory_info[3](outfit)) +")":
  File "<screen language>", line 44, in <module>
TypeError: 'property' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.1

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
can some one help me with this ?
Code:

While running game code:
    init -5 python:
    import shader

Full traceback:
    init -5 python:
  File "/private/var/folders/xn/5rbwx7vn4278pd_w8234gqnm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/79553CE6-66F2-4AF4-BAAD-FE6181136965/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 927, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/xn/5rbwx7vn4278pd_w8234gqnm0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/79553CE6-66F2-4AF4-BAAD-FE6181136965/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    import shader

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri Apr  9 17:43:35 2021
"DARWIN" -- Try to direct you question to someone non-Microsoft. There are driver, OS and path problems to solve BEFORE we get to the 'general' problems you might be experiencing.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Man, unless this phrase is especially true, this update looks like it'll make the modder's life hell for the next month or two.

" - Refactored massive sections of the LR2 code base. Should make the project easier to browse through, mod, and maintain."

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes