4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Trying to advance through mom's quest line and I got to the point where on Friday she asked for money for a sexual favor. Next morning she tries to do her thing and I get an error that prevents me from moving on at all. Not sure exactly what is going on, but I am running Ver. 23.2 with latest bugfix and latest dev build mod pack. Please let me know if any further clarification is needed on this.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8722, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 152, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 208, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Fetish_Anal_Event.rpy", line 554, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = doggy_anal, start_position = make_bed(), skip_intro = True) from _call_sex_description_SBA43
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 138, in script call
    call pick_object_enhanced(the_person, position_choice, forced_object = start_object) from _call_pick_object_bugfix
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 312, in script
    python:
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 318, in <module>
    if object.has_trait(position_choice.requires_location):
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'requires_location'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8722, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 152, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 208, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Fetish_Anal_Event.rpy", line 554, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = doggy_anal, start_position = make_bed(), skip_intro = True) from _call_sex_description_SBA43
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 138, in script call
    call pick_object_enhanced(the_person, position_choice, forced_object = start_object) from _call_pick_object_bugfix
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 312, in script
    python:
  File "Misc\random\Lab_Rats_2-v0.23.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "Misc\random\Lab_Rats_2-v0.23.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 318, in <module>
    if object.has_trait(position_choice.requires_location):
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'requires_location'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.23.2
Thu Dec 19 14:59:00 2019
All major issues with v0.23.2 have been resolved and the beta branches are quitte stable at the moment, don't forget to install the bugfix version too, since it contains many fixes for issues in the original v0.23.2 files from VREN.

deadpool_404

May 1, 2018
Tristim a little late to the party, but thank you for your response. LZ_Starbuck already tackled this one and corrected the issue. I did put in my original post that at the time I was running ver. 23.2 of the game along with, at the time I posted, the latest bugfix and dev branch version of the mods pack. After LZ_Starbuck updated the builds and I installed the latest updates everything ran smoother than butta.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
One of aspects of Lab Rats I found annoying was the randomized names and how they'd generate lots of duplicates and names that are odd/uncommon. So I decided to fix that by altering the random name functions to use a larger list of names (both first and last, male and female) and make them weighted, weighting them by how common they are in the US.

I've attached the updated random_lists.rpy file; feel free to make use of it/etc as desired. If you use this with the modded game, you need to also either modify the Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/extended_names.rpy file to give the names in that file weights or delete the file.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
One of aspects of Lab Rats I found annoying was the randomized names and how they'd generate lots of duplicates and names that are odd/uncommon. So I decided to fix that by altering the random name functions to use a larger list of names (both first and last, male and female) and make them weighted, weighting them by how common they are in the US.

I've attached the updated random_lists.rpy file; feel free to make use of it/etc as desired. If you use this with the modded game, you need to also either modify the Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/extended_names.rpy file to give the names in that file weights or delete the file.
You should consider adding similar code to the mod repo.

For people on here following the development of the game mod, one of the things I've been considering adding in the mod is some kind of targeted recruitment system you can use in the mid/late game. Right now I am considering two different ways of implementing this.

The first would through the HR director. You give her some kind of list of qualities that you are looking for in a new recruit. Then you can choose to either let her look over time with no recruiting cost, but takes longer based on how many qualities you are looking for, or rush her for a cost.

The second would be through a recruitment policy that gives you additional options the way your usually recruit girls. So, right now, I think it costs $50 or something for completely random girls, but via the policy you could pay $500 for a pool of girls that meet your specific requirements

Feedback or thoughts would be appreciated, I'm kinda hung on this one.

EDIT: Just pushed a couple new things to the mod REPO.

- Added a new HR function. You can now organize a company sponsored gym membership and health program. These programs increase girl's max energy.
- Added a new sexy HR meeting start, missionary on your desk
- Added a new variant to double blowjob
- Added the ability to continue sex with the other partner if one of the girls gets too tired to continue during a threesome

Unfortunately, the new gym function will probably not be compatible with existing save games... I'm sorry!

Last edited:

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
You should consider adding similar code to the mod repo.
Unfortunately the change requires modification of a base-game file, and it looks like you're keeping the mod repo strictly to things that can be in the 'mods' directory. If you don't mind base-game files being added in, I can certainly do that.

Or maybe we can just override the function in a file that inits later? Probably doable, but I hadn't though of handling it that way - I don't use Python much.

The other thing I'd like to modify is to make it so people take their Opinions into account when choosing what outfit they wear. A person who hates pants shouldn't choose to wear pants all the time, for example. The split between overwear and underwear sets makes programming that choice a bit more complicated if we want to keep mostly-default behavior for how 'slutty' each overwear and underwear set is, though.

EDIT: Turns out that, yes, you can just replace functions in Python (or at least Ren'Py's version of it). I just replaced the extended_names.rpy with the file I attached below (and created a Merge request on the GitGud) and first indicators are that it's working as expected.

Last edited:

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I can't seem to get Sarah the HR Director to trigger although I had her in the last version. Am I missing something?

Thanks

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
One cool feature I'd like to see is chance to recruit more than one new worker from same batch of candidates. Seems to be that I get good candidates in groups and it's a damn shame to not be able to hire all in that group.
So, Modders, Tristim, LZ_Starbuck and others, is it possible to add it?

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
I can't seem to get Sarah the HR Director to trigger although I had her in the last version. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Sarah is triggered by wait at home during a weekday I think. I should probably find a way to make it so it can trigger in other wayd also, since in early game especially every time passage is impactful of you do something at the company.

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Question, would it be possible to have chicks wear randomly generated outfits (based on their sluttiness) every day instead of only the outfits that are in their wardrobe?
Another unrelated question, would it be possible to also have them only wear outfits that are close to their sluttiness level?

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Question, would it be possible to have chicks wear randomly generated outfits (based on their sluttiness) every day instead of only the outfits that are in their wardrobe?
Another unrelated question, would it be possible to also have them only wear outfits that are close to their sluttiness level?
Tristim was the one doing the work on randomly generated outfits, and he is currently on holiday. I know it was pretty impressive, the current logic for generating outfits for girls based on their likes and dislikes.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Weird, I remember the "wait at home" thing from another post I think and I tried it across multiple days but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I thought maybe it's because I'm so late in the game, but just tried loading up a super early save around day 10 once I had everything set up to produce a cash crop drug and started alternating between resting in the "home" living room and my bedroom from week to week, made it 30 days to day 40 with no knocks on the door. I made $25,000, but that's it. Sarah never showed :(

Unrelated, dunno if this is the right place for this, but I was wondering if there could be a way to save outfits you really like that you encounter out in the world (like an "I like your outfit" interaction or something), instead of having to piece together your own outfits all the time (I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't bother with the wardrobe feature outside of creating a simple one to satisfy "assign outfits" missions).

Reactions: Bogadoo

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
CttCJim / Longshot is the one who has been doing Android ports for us. Unfortunately the base game has been having issues with memory on its own and with additions from the mod it has been difficult to create a stable (Android) build.

Might be reasonable to give it a shot at version 0.22.1 since there seems to be less issues with that right now.
If someone else puts effort into creating an android version of the mod, then feel free to share it.
Have you tried for build advice?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1380, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'C:\\Users\\Danny\\Desktop\\Random Stuff\\RPProject\\LR_2_Proto/game/script.rpy', 1574836615, 7726).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1380, in script
    return
  File "/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/Lab_Rats_2-v0.23.2-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1448, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/Lab_Rats_2-v0.23.2-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 670, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'C:\\Users\\Danny\\Desktop\\Random Stuff\\RPProject\\LR_2_Proto/game/script.rpy', 1574836615, 7726).

Linux-4.15.0-73-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.23.2
anyone think it's weird i got Danny's full windows path here?

Daytes

Dec 16, 2018
Hello,
there is an inconsistency with the label affair_check.
affair_check and affaire_check in sex_mechanics.rpy
affaire_check in Mods\Core\bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy
affaire_check in Mods\Threesome\Threesome_core.rpy

alv0192

Jan 4, 2018
Hey, I remember someone said that the girls physical characteristics can be altered in some archive from the game, in that way all the new girls spawned in the world follows those characteristics.
how can that be done?

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes