4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Game crashes during startup:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've had a similar issue when the mod did not match the game version in the past, but I was using the direct downloads (which the OP says are 0.24.x with the 0.24.1 version of the game.

Tried looking at the full git repository but the latest version there seems to be 0.23.2
Use the links in the OP to download the correct version, the direct links should work with v0.24.1

There is a problem with the different fonts used for the characters that could cause memory issues, use the attached rpy and put it somewhere in the game folder to disable the unique character fonts, this should prevent any memory errors caused by the multiple fonts used.

Reactions: cgleco

Hamakabula

Nov 21, 2017
Use the links in the OP to download the correct version, the direct links should work with v0.24.1

There is a problem with the different fonts used for the characters that could cause memory issues, use the attached rpy and put it somewhere in the game folder to disable the unique character fonts, this should prevent any memory errors caused by the multiple fonts used.
Didn't help for me. What did work was just installing the mod but NOT the bugfix, as mentioned on the last page

Reactions: Tristim

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Tristim Trollden
23.x and 24.x bug?
for 23.x I suggest... File "game/crises.rpy", line 4068, $the_person.outfit.remove_clothing(bottom_list[index])
index should be the_index
this bug is in 24.x, line 4467

thank you.

4thenords

Nov 14, 2017
In the role.sister module, In the insta_outfit event, the Bug Fixes mod changes a call function from "insta_ouftit" to "insta_outfit".

Problem is, Vren spelled it insta_ouftit in the rest of the module, so this calls incorrectly. Must fix them all, or revert the change. See below (functions bolded):

Reactions: hhd12258

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I've been unimpressed with how convoluted Lab Rats 2 is becoming, and haven't played any updated versions in a while. That aside, I noticed some of the features in this mod include general improvements, like optimized map navigation and more events. If these things are better and/or add greater variety, then why doesn't Vren incorporate these changes into the core game? It would make more sense than letting these improvements be a part of a mod. A dev should want their game to be the best it can be, right? I might actually feel inclined to play the latest build for the first time since v19.1.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
In the role.sister module, In the insta_outfit event, the Bug Fixes mod changes a call function from "insta_ouftit" to "insta_outfit".

Problem is, Vren spelled it insta_ouftit in the rest of the module, so this calls incorrectly. Must fix them all, or revert the change. See below (functions bolded):

does this make you wonder if any patron plays this?

Mar 22, 2017
Any possibility of making it easier to target some scenes? For the Lily 'NTR' (honestly I don't see anything close to NTR about it but whatever) scenes I've mostly seen the one-on-one study and a few double blowjobs, but haven't seen the DP scene once.

Also a bit confused about the Starbuck fetish events, I've done the sex shop storyline but still don't know how to trigger any of the fetish scenes in the respective .rpy files.

I appreciate the mods though, made the mess known as the vanilla game far more interesting and playable.

Don Key

May 13, 2017
I've got an error coming up:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8744, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 8866, in script
call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([chat_list,specific_action_list, special_role_actions]))
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 514, in execute_call_screen
args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
File "game/script.rpy", line 8866, in <module>
call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([chat_list,specific_action_list, special_role_actions]))
File "game/screens.rpy", line 302, in build_menu_items
if item.is_action_enabled(mi.extra_args):
File "game/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 35, in is_action_enabled
requirement_return = self.check_requirement(extra_args)
File "game/script.rpy", line 3486, in check_requirement
return self.requirement(*extra_args)
File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Unique_People.rpy", line 118, in starbuck_foreplay_skillup_requirement
if mc.sex_skills["Foreplay"] == 8:
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8744, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 8866, in script
File "C:\Users\___\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\_____\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\_____\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 514, in execute_call_screen
args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
File "C:\Users\_______\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 184, in evaluate
args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
File "C:\Users\_______\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\_______\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 8866, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 302, in build_menu_items
if item.is_action_enabled(mi.extra_args):
File "game/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 35, in is_action_enabled
requirement_return = self.check_requirement(extra_args)
File "game/script.rpy", line 3486, in check_requirement
return self.requirement(*extra_args)
File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Unique_People.rpy", line 118, in starbuck_foreplay_skillup_requirement
if mc.sex_skills["Foreplay"] == 8:
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Fri Jan 10 16:48:36 2020

james_97

Jun 14, 2017
I get this after loading a save from 23.2
Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'mom_ntr_mod_init'

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\loadsave.py", line 727, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\loadsave.py", line 60, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Sat Jan 11 00:28:29 2020

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Please let me stop you right there. There are legitimate bugs that need to have coders to spend time on them, but tracing incompatibilities between versions when it's already been stated in the top post that there will be no compatibility between versions is not one of the things that merits any time fixing. It would be wasteful and slow actual development.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Also a bit confused about the Starbuck fetish events, I've done the sex shop storyline but still don't know how to trigger any of the fetish scenes in the respective .rpy files.

I appreciate the mods though, made the mess known as the vanilla game far more interesting and playable.
give fettish seurms, add high suggest, +turn. Randomly fettish happens.

LZ_Starbuck
Can you not add duplicate fettish? Oral has 2 tho. Force other?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Any possibility of making it easier to target some scenes? For the Lily 'NTR' (honestly I don't see anything close to NTR about it but whatever) scenes I've mostly seen the one-on-one study and a few double blowjobs, but haven't seen the DP scene once.

Raise event occurance?

toro_33

Aug 18, 2019
I used the mod to change the pubic hair of the girls, but it changes the color to white and it can't be changed. Someone knows how to fix it?

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I used the mod to change the pubic hair of the girls, but it changes the color to white and it can't be changed. Someone knows how to fix it?

Python:
# Input this in the console when talking to someone you want to fix it for (Shift + O)
the_person.pubes_style.colour = get_darkened_colour(the_person.hair_colour[1])
the_person.pubes_colour = the_person.pubes_style.colour

Reactions: toro_33 and SenPC

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Code:

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\loadsave.py", line 727, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "E:\Games 1\L\Lab Rats 2 new\renpy\loadsave.py", line 60, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Sat Jan 11 00:28:29 2020
Loadinga save? From 23.x?
Don't?

Oh, SenPC already answered

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017
Got an error everytime i try to go somewhere else, all actions works just fine expect for this one. 24.1 save mod and bugfix installed, any idea ?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Is there a typo/copypasta error in the morning breakfast event? One of the actions is the shower event.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes