4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

0800vids

Apr 22, 2018
I have a question - could someone create a '+Max Energy over time' serum trait, that tops out at 150 or 200? Because one of the major limiting factors of my encounters with the girls is that one of us gets tired too soon, and a non-cheating way to alleviate that would be great. I know that the mod adds the gym option through Sarah, but that's rather too slow and some of the girls don't go to the gym.
One other way to get their max energy up (without cheating) is inviting specific girls to the gym. I know it's more tedious and slower work. Just wanted to tell you to make your time easier waiting for someone to implement that serum trait..

Reactions: Torinir

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
I have a question - could someone create a '+Max Energy over time' serum trait, that tops out at 150 or 200? Because one of the major limiting factors of my encounters with the girls is that one of us gets tired too soon, and a non-cheating way to alleviate that would be great. I know that the mod adds the gym option through Sarah, but that's rather too slow and some of the girls don't go to the gym.
in _serum_traits.rpy

I change refined caffine trait to this, so each serum increases max energy by 1

## refined_caffeine_trait functions ##
def refined_caffeine_trait_on_apply(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log):
the_person.change_max_energy(1, add_to_log = add_to_log)
the_person.change_energy(1, add_to_log = add_to_log)

def refined_caffeine_trait_on_remove(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log):
the_person.change_max_energy(-0, add_to_log = add_to_log)

Dec 9, 2021
what does this mean

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 1, in prepare_screen
screen contract_select_button(the_contract):
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 1, in prepare
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 2, in prepare
frame:
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 2, in prepare
frame:
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 5, in prepare
hbox:
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 5, in prepare
hbox:
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 7, in prepare
vbox:
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 7, in prepare
vbox:
Exception: A screen named contract_aspect_grid does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 97, in run
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 939, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 1, in prepare_screen
File "game/game_screens/subscreens/contract_select_button.rpy", line 1, in prepare
frame:
frame:
hbox:
hbox:
vbox:
vbox:
File "renpy/sl2/slast.py", line 1791, in prepare
raise Exception("A screen named {} does not exist.".format(self.target))
Exception: A screen named contract_aspect_grid does not exist.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.46.1.3
Mon Jan 17 15:36:45 2022

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
what does this mean

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Looks like you installed the mod over the wrong version of Lab Rats 2, or you installed the in-development version of the bugfix mod on top of the correct version and then installed the mod on top of that.

Contracts were introduced in version 0.47, and the mod is only compatible with version 0.46.3 so far.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
in _serum_traits.rpy

I change refined caffine trait to this, so each serum increases max energy by 1
Helpful, but not quite what I wanted. It does permanently increase max energy, but only by one per dose. Might be able to kit-bash together the trait I want if I can be bothered looking at the code for other traits that increase or decrease something over time, and that one that increases sluttiness by 10 up to 30. Also doesn't change the text of the trait, which would be useful as a reminder that I messed around with it, or if I wanted to change the name to 'Body sculpter' or something else.

MASK

Mar 15, 2017
even though they're pretty neato, something might need to be done about the super-hatreds: i rolled a cousin with superhate for both kissing (which automatically ends any romantic encounter/date and causes a love loss) AND flirting (so i can't try to initiate anything lewd to try and get her to a trance to change her mind--which would then ALSO be blocked by the kissing superhate).

I'm having to bank on there being a high enough suggestibility serum somewhere in the tree to try and bruteforce it, which is a real bummer (since i generally try to avoid using serum as a personal challenge)

Reactions: bloodbus

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
even though they're pretty neato, something might need to be done about the super-hatreds: i rolled a cousin with superhate for both kissing (which automatically ends any romantic encounter/date and causes a love loss) AND flirting (so i can't try to initiate anything lewd to try and get her to a trance to change her mind--which would then ALSO be blocked by the kissing superhate).

I'm having to bank on there being a high enough suggestibility serum somewhere in the tree to try and bruteforce it, which is a real bummer (since i generally try to avoid using serum as a personal challenge)
You can blackmail her, till her obedience is 120 or more, after just feed her with serums to boost obedience even more yeah, challenge. When O=>120, command her to give you panties (+1 O) and just group her untill she accepts it.

tetrisedris

Jul 1, 2017

Cousin is a longer storyline, you're not not supposed to (but of course you can) just dose her with a sugg +70, obi +20, sluttiness +15, climax cycler and +7 duration serum.
sometime after cousin and aunt move out of your house, your aunt starts telling you about how your cousins is missing in the evenings, and you're supposed to clear that up, which gives you the opportunity to slowly corrupt her.
and i think her dispositions are predetermined.

BUT, i agree on a point you didnt mention, yet i think which created your problem - for a game that is just a hard restart every update, half the content is hidden between arbitrary timelines, which are annoying as fuck when you always have to wait for day x to come and proceed in the fun.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
Helpful, but not quite what I wanted. It does permanently increase max energy, but only by one per dose. Might be able to kit-bash together the trait I want if I can be bothered looking at the code for other traits that increase or decrease something over time, and that one that increases sluttiness by 10 up to 30. Also doesn't change the text of the trait, which would be useful as a reminder that I messed around with it, or if I wanted to change the name to 'Body sculpter' or something else.

try this for libido stimulants

## slutty_caffeine_trait functions ##
def slutty_caffeine_trait_on_apply(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log):
the_person.change_max_energy(1, add_to_log) # here change energy value to what you want
the_person.change_energy(1, add_to_log) # this value needs to be same as the one above
the_person.change_slut(5, add_to_log = add_to_log) #change the slut to what ever value you like
the_person.add_suggest_effect(90, add_to_log) #keep , change or remove this line for suggest value

def slutty_caffeine_trait_on_remove(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log):
the_person.change_max_energy(-0, add_to_log)
the_person.change_slut(-0, add_to_log = add_to_log)
the_person.remove_suggest_effect(90) #this is the removal of the suggest effect from above needs to #be the same value

then further down in same file look for slutty)caffeine_trait

slutty_caffeine_trait = SerumTrait(name = "Libido Stimulants",
desc = "Careful engineering allows for the traditional side effects of stimulants to be redirected to the parasympathetic nervous system, causing an immediate spike in arousal as well as general energy levels.",
positive_slug = " +1 Max Energy, +5 Sluttiness 90% suggestion",
negative_slug = "",
research_added = 4000,
base_side_effect_chance = 60,
on_apply = slutty_caffeine_trait_on_apply,
on_remove = slutty_caffeine_trait_on_remove,
requires = [refined_caffeine_trait, aphrodisiac],
tier = 2,
research_needed = 4000,
clarity_cost = 1200,
mental_aspect = 1, physical_aspect = 1, sexual_aspect = 1, medical_aspect = 1, flaws_aspect = 0, attention = 2)

in the description after the ="
you can type what ever you want to show, just do not press enter and make sure you have the closing ",

research = amount of research cost to research trait (should be simple enough)
base_side_effect_chance should be simple enough
on_apply =slutty_caffeine_trait_on_apply # this is the trait name that is applied to person when used
on_remove = #this is the removal effect

the rest should be self explanitory

but if you need a hand just ask :)

OsoSober out

Reactions: Prustan

Klaupe

Jan 4, 2019
Do weight changes have no optical effect at the moment? doesn't matter, if i "feed" my gf up to 105kg, or down to 45 with serums, appearence doesn't change

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Lol, meant looking at the traits' codes for how they did the '+x per turn', and '+x, up to x' in order to change it to what I'm really after. Probably wouldn't take too long if I weren't so lazy.
Also spotted the slutty caffeine trait right below the refined one, might keep that in mind for a different set of changes.

Is it possible to change the number of maximum parallel serums (serum acceptance)?
Not sure about whether it can be done through business policies, but one possible way could be looking at the Toxic Flaw (which reduces the serum tolerance by one), adding the line regarding the serum tolerance to the trait of your choice and changing it to add tolerance rather then remove it. Though this could easily run into issues with overloading your girls if the tolerance serum runs out before whatever other serums you've given them.

Reactions: r1xaqlt2cq

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
Lol, meant looking at the traits' codes for how they did the '+x per turn', and '+x, up to x' in order to change it to what I'm really after. Probably wouldn't take too long if I weren't so lazy.
Also spotted the slutty caffeine trait right below the refined one, might keep that in mind for a different set of changes.

Not sure about whether it can be done through business policies, but one possible way could be looking at the Toxic Flaw (which reduces the serum tolerance by one), adding the line regarding the serum tolerance to the trait of your choice and changing it to add tolerance rather then remove it. Though this could easily run into issues with overloading your girls if the tolerance serum runs out before whatever other serums you've given them.

yep serum tolerance

in file \major_game_classes\character_related\person.rpy

look for

self.serum_tolerance = 2 #How many active serums this person can tolerate before they start to suffer negative effects.

change the number to what ever you want

r1xaqlt2cq

Sep 1, 2021
yep serum tolerance

in file \major_game_classes\character_related\person.rpy

look for

self.serum_tolerance = 2 #How many active serums this person can tolerate before they start to suffer negative effects.

change the number to what ever you want
Great, thank you.
Is there a way to change that in the modded version? Because if I download the original version from Vren I can see all the .rpy files but if I open my folder with the modded game I can't find any of those files. The complete folder structure seems different.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Great, thank you.
Is there a way to change that in the modded version? Because if I download the original version from Vren I can see all the .rpy files but if I open my folder with the modded game I can't find any of those files. The complete folder structure seems different.
search for unren

Last edited:

frenzyboy42

May 9, 2020
Getting this traceback on startup. The game will load for a while (blue screen, says game will load, may take a bit) and then the game crashes. On Mac, latest version of mod and game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes