4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I did in the previous message (The quoted part), you can click on the arrow to find the attachment. View attachment 587457

Edit: That said, it involves a morning crisis event, when that finished (The cowgirl event that you can trace back in the traceback.txt), that's when the error pops up. I am starting to think that the "if/else" parts of the code of the advance_time_override somehow doesn't include this morning event specifically? I'm not very code savvy so it's just based purely on conjecture.
Thats a strange bug. There went something wrong with the callstack in your game.
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do with my limited knowledge.
How long ago did you start this playthrough?

Cheers
Matt

Sep 10, 2017
Thats a strange bug. There went something wrong with the callstack in your game.
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do with my limited knowledge.
How long ago did you start this playthrough?

Cheers
Matt
This playthrough started this Friday. I am also using the pregnancy mod, but there are no edits made to any of these scenes by that mod, and the pregnancy mod is meant to work specifically with this mod + bugfix, that mod doesn't even work without these two. The advance_time_override handles specifically classed events differently (i.e. morning crises seem to be treated differently to advance time than other events) and perhaps there's something wrong with this event, as if it isn't being classified as a morning crisis and thus there's no "Advance Time" statement for this type of crisis.

However again, that's just pure conjecture on my part...

Edit: I figured it out - I think... it's SB's vaginal fetish event (triggered from using a serum with that trait for a few time blocks now) that's calling for an "Advance Time" but, even though this event is happening in the morning, it's not declaring itself as a morning crisis event (Or any crisis event I think), therefore it cannot find an " if _return == "Advance Time": " trigger when looking it up.

Since I'm not code savvy, I can't figure out how to make advance_time_override handle an "Advance Time" call like this. It should be something like "If <whatever file calling for "Advance Time"> =/= any of the if statements, just advance time normally."

Edit2: Especially since the file looks for (or creates?) labels and then clears certain lists and deletes crisis... Way over my head :p

Last edited:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
This playthrough started this Friday. I am also using the pregnancy mod, but there are no edits made to any of these scenes by that mod, and the pregnancy mod is meant to work specifically with this mod + bugfix, that mod doesn't even work without these two. The advance_time_override handles specifically classed events differently (i.e. morning crises seem to be treated differently to advance time than other events) and perhaps there's something wrong with this event, as if it isn't being classified as a morning crisis and thus there's no "Advance Time" statement for this type of crisis.

Edit: I figured it out - I think... it's SB's vaginal fetish event (triggered from using a serum with that trait for a few time blocks now) that's calling for an "Advance Time" but, even though this event is happening in the morning, it's not declaring itself as a morning crisis event (Or any crisis event I think), therefore it cannot find an " if _return == "Advance Time": " trigger when looking it up.

Since I'm not code savvy, I can't figure out how to make advance_time_override handle an "Advance Time" call like this. It should be something like "If <whatever file calling for "Advance Time"> =/= any of the if statements, just advance time normally."

Edit2: Especially since the file looks for (or creates?) labels and then clears certain lists and deletes crisis... Way over my head :p
Seems Tristim pushed a fix for this error a few minutes ago (y)

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

All fetish events are triggered by adding them to the 'mc.business.mandatory_crises_list' these are triggered from the advance_time_override.rpy (replacement for default game loop, so we can plug in extra things when time advances). Each event from any crisis_list is called by '$ act.call_action()' that calls the label for the event. When the of the label is set to "Advance Time", a variable is set (mandatory_advance_time) so that the time is advanced to the next time slot after the event and loop has finished.

I've never encountered this issue and I don't know what the cause is, perhaps its related to the MOD you have installed, but I didn't program that, so I cannot comment on that. Perhaps try without that MOD and see if the problem persists...

Reactions: DaMatt

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
All fetish events are triggered by adding them to the 'mc.business.mandatory_crises_list' these are triggered from the advance_time_override.rpy (replacement for default game loop, so we can plug in extra things when time advances). Each event from any crisis_list is called by '$ act.call_action()' that calls the label for the event. When the of the label is set to "Advance Time", a variable is set (mandatory_advance_time) so that the time is advanced to the next time slot after the event and loop has finished.

I've never encountered this issue and I don't know what the cause is, perhaps its related to the MOD you have installed, but I didn't program that, so I cannot comment on that. Perhaps try without that MOD and see if the problem persists...
Thanks a lot for all your work Tristim, but
Going to take a break for few days, since it has been a tough week.
take your break and enjoy it :)

Cheers
Matt

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
From time to time I had the bug, that a girl could get the vaginal fetish twice. Took me a while to figure out why. The "event in use" variable was reset at the beginnig of the event and then the night comes. With the serum still active it can lead to reappend the event to the crises list. That is because the fetish role is added at the end.
I moved resetting the variable to the end of the event(s). At least for me this worked.

Cheers
Matt

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
In the outfit manager does anybody know what the panties with text say at the front (in the heart)? I think it says "kiss" something. I think that they say "stuff me" at the back. Thanks.

Sep 10, 2017
From time to time I had the bug, that a girl could get the vaginal fetish twice. Took me a while to figure out why. The "event in use" variable was reset at the beginnig of the event and then the night comes. With the serum still active it can lead to reappend the event to the crises list. That is because the fetish role is added at the end.
I moved resetting the variable to the end of the event(s). At least for me this worked.

Cheers
Matt
I tried it but that didn't work. But thank you for the effort! It is much appreciated when other people spend their free time out of good will to help out someone else.

So, I gave this another shot since you were so kind to help out and even went to the pregnancy mod thread to help me out there as well. I felt bad to just give up and let it go after your efforts as well as DaMatt's. So I gave it my 100% to do some digging with your explanation in the quoted text here. Then I included my own suspicions of the event not being properly tagged for the if statement to advance the time and from those points on I set out the goal to find if I could support my suspicions in the code...

I think I found it, but I am not sure... I'm very sorry if I disappointed you in the case that I overlooked it and the events are appended somewhere or if I didn't understand properly how this works (Quite likely...)

Recreated the error with the very latest package on the first post by Tristim.

1584324305741.png

Sep 10, 2017
Okay, so, looks like I messed all of that up :cry: because those labels are indeed appended (vaginal_fetish_events.rpy #52 & #53 -> fetish_serums.rpy #92 & #93 ) Ah well, at least gave it my best shot, right?

Edit: A HA! I found it! Under Fetish_Serums.rpy #80 ( if the_person.sluttiness >= 80 and not SB_check_fetish(the_person, vaginal_fetish_role): ), it only appends the events ( #91 & #93 ) if they do not have the vaginal_fetish role (Because line #80), but since these events trigger in a row!

Sister event during night (This one gives the fetish role, I checked with the new feature you added in the UI below the name!) So this one gets tagged properly for the mandatory crises list
Sister event during morning ( This is the #SBV4 ! ) This one has the "SB_fetish_lily_vaginal_label", but since she has the fetish now from the night event, code line #80 in Fetish_Serums.rpy does not append this one in the mandatory crises list!

Finally...

Last edited:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Okay, so, looks like I messed all of that up :cry: because those labels are indeed appended (vaginal_fetish_events.rpy #52 & #53 -> fetish_serums.rpy #92 & #93 ) Ah well, at least gave it my best shot, right?

Edit: A HA! I found it! Under Fetish_Serums.rpy #80 ( if the_person.sluttiness >= 80 and not SB_check_fetish(the_person, vaginal_fetish_role): ), it only appends the events ( #91 & #93 ) if they do not have the vaginal_fetish role (Because line #80), but since these events trigger in a row!

Sister event during night (This one gives the fetish role, I checked with the new feature you added in the UI below the name!) So this one gets tagged properly for the mandatory crises list
Sister event during morning ( This is the #SBV4 ! ) This one has the "SB_fetish_lily_vaginal_label", but since she has the fetish now from the night event, code line #80 in Fetish_Serums.rpy does not append this one in the mandatory crises list!

Finally...
Lily's vaginal fetish event starts at night and is continued in the morning. As far as I know there is no extra morning event (night part, then sleep [call advance_time_move_to_next_day(no_events = True)], morning part [call SB_cowgirl_wakeup_label(the_person)]).

What I don't understand:
If I read your tracefile correct, the Lily Event is called directly from the vanilla advance_time-function in script.rpy. But it should be called from advance_time_override.rpy, function advance_time_mandatory_crisis_label. That's what I'm trying to double check, but my playthru is not yet there.

Cheers
Matt

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Thereisnospoon: Finally I got to Lilys vaginal event. As expected there are 3 entries in my callstack, but I don't play with the pregnancy mod. So maybe it's a side effect of that mod. My limited knowledge ends here :(

Cheers
Matt

Sep 13, 2018
I just wanted to say thanks to Tristim and DaMatt for helping me fix an error or 2 I didn't even know I had. I really appreciate the work that is put into this mod. Again, I won't play LR2 without it because it just fleshes out the game and adds so much to it already.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
As far as I know, it's supposed to be install bugfix, THEN install mod. May need to re-install.
The Installation spoiler in the OP clearly states:
  1. Download the .zip files from the both of the repository links below.
  2. Extract the Mods folder of the .zip into the <Lab Rats 2/game/> folder.
  3. You now should have a <Lab Rats 2/game/Mods> folder.
  4. Extract the BugFix .zip into the the <Lab Rats 2/game/> folder, replacing the original files.
  5. Launch Lab Rats 2 and load up a save (same version only) or a start fresh game.
  6. The MOD settings can be configured or en-/disabled from your bedroom.
  7. Done.
So, according to that, you install Mod first THEN install Bugfix. *shrug*

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
The Installation spoiler in the OP clearly states:
  1. Download the .zip files from the both of the repository links below.
  2. Extract the Mods folder of the .zip into the <Lab Rats 2/game/> folder.
  3. You now should have a <Lab Rats 2/game/Mods> folder.
  4. Extract the BugFix .zip into the the <Lab Rats 2/game/> folder, replacing the original files.
  5. Launch Lab Rats 2 and load up a save (same version only) or a start fresh game.
  6. The MOD settings can be configured or en-/disabled from your bedroom.
  7. Done.
So, according to that, you install Mod first THEN install Bugfix. *shrug*
It doesn't matter what you install first since bugfix and mod have no files in common. But the mod does only work if the bugfix is installed.
And I suggest starting a fresh game to avoid possible compatibility issues with old saves.

Cheers
Matt

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
It doesn't matter what you install first since bugfix and mod have no files in common. But the mod does only work if the bugfix is installed.
And I suggest starting a fresh game to avoid possible compatibility issues with old saves.

Cheers
Matt
Thanks for that confirmation, I had already compared the contents of the two archives and couldn't see any common files so was thinking that installation order shouldn't really matter. I just downloaded the latest versions of both Mod + Bugfix and was wondering if it would be better to start a new game, even though I'd downloaded both about 6 days ago.

Really enjoying the whole LR2 + Mod + Bugfix experience so far. One thing I was wondering about though is when you take someone to the Dungeon and assign them as a slave. The person is assigned the "being submissive" opinion as a "Like", but wouldn't it make more sense that they would Love being submissive given that the person has willingly submitted to the MC as her Master? Just seems to me that someone who merely "likes" being submissive wouldn't be someone who would actually submit to being a slave but would be more the type of person who indulged in a little bondage play now and again, whereas someone who "loves" being submissive would be more the type to submit to being another persons slave.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Really enjoying the whole LR2 + Mod + Bugfix experience so far. One thing I was wondering about though is when you take someone to the Dungeon and assign them as a slave. The person is assigned the "being submissive" opinion as a "Like", but wouldn't it make more sense that they would Love being submissive given that the person has willingly submitted to the MC as her Master? Just seems to me that someone who merely "likes" being submissive wouldn't be someone who would actually submit to being a slave but would be more the type of person who indulged in a little bondage play now and again, whereas someone who "loves" being submissive would be more the type to submit to being another persons slave.
As a matter of fact the submission is increased by 1 level so 'like' becomes 'loves' and 'neutral' becomes 'like', just have your slave wake you up in the morning and see how you can progress from there ;)

And yes, order does not matter, but had to pick one to document first, and since it's the MOD thread, put that one first.

Feb 12, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label sex_beg_finish_enhanced is defined twice, at
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24 and
  File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tue Mar 17 00:54:28 2020

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label sex_beg_finish_enhanced is defined twice, at
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24 and
  File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tue Mar 17 00:54:28 2020
This file was moved. Go to folder game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides and delete sex_beg_finish_override.rpy and sex_beg_finish_override.rpyc. This should solve this problem.

Cheers
Matt

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes