4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Fun fact: there are over 1000 lines of code related to her storyline and is intended to be darker in tone when compared to others. One of the stories unfolds on her love/lust paths in which she attempts to homewreck MC/Stephanie. The other story unfolds via the personal serums in which she attempts to enslave the MC through them. Either way, this girl is a sociopathic homewrecker.
Wow, I always figured there was more to her story, but I was never able to work out how to trigger it much more than the concert thing.

Another question, for you or whoever. Again on Christine. I was trying to work out how to get her to change her default uniform, as having it stay the default no matter what doesn't really fit. The best I was able to come up with was just to delete uniforms for her entirely, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have it change automatically based on sluttiness, like normal outfits.

From removing the uniforms, I see that they are referenced in major_game_classes\business_related\business.ren and major_game_classes\character_related\person.ren

I'm just not sure if I would want to add an additional if statement in the section where it's referenced

if person == police_chief:
return police_chief_uniform_wardrobe

or if there is a specific function that would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Sounds like hating NTR is an irrational phobia, then. Shall I work on a therapy for that?
I’d argue if you can get so attached to a fictional character that you get sincerely distraught from even the thought of them having a fictional affair, yeah you should maybe seek help. Or just go outside more…

sneezy_of_tie

May 6, 2018
I’d argue if you can get so attached to a fictional character that you get sincerely distraught from even the thought of them having a fictional affair, yeah you should maybe seek help. Or just go outside more…
You do know that an argument that goes "I am asserting without anything to back it up that because I like X (or am playing devils advocate and pretend I like X) anyone else that doesn't like X is so irrational that they need mental help." might not be the best argument to make.
There is a reason that the various cheating fetishes are niche categories and will never get out of that. I suggest one of the many available psychology courses that include human sexuality for details.
And yes it is so basic human nature that it filters straight into sexual roleplaying and fantasies. Just like quite a few other kinks that will forever get an "EWWWWW get away from me"-reaction from the general public.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Wow, I always figured there was more to her story, but I was never able to work out how to trigger it much more than the concert thing.

Another question, for you or whoever. Again on Christine. I was trying to work out how to get her to change her default uniform, as having it stay the default no matter what doesn't really fit. The best I was able to come up with was just to delete uniforms for her entirely, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have it change automatically based on sluttiness, like normal outfits.

From removing the uniforms, I see that they are referenced in major_game_classes\business_related\business.ren and major_game_classes\character_related\person.ren

I'm just not sure if I would want to add an additional if statement in the section where it's referenced

or if there is a specific function that would be more appropriate.
If you created a uniform in game and know the name of it you can set that as her wardrobe in her .xml file located here: game/wardrobe/cop_uniform.xml. As long as you exported the outfit as a "full set" you can replace the "cop" outfit with the one you made. Note that this requires a new save since characters are created on load (meaning her wardrobe is defined only on new game). I haven't fully tested this so keep a backup of the xml file just in case.

Her work uniform may be forcibly set to the cop uniform in one of a few file locations, which I'll try to track down when I have some time. I know that while she is off duty you can change her wardrobe, but that's the only thing you can change.

I'd also advise against creating custom functions without the help of Tristim or Starbuck. If I remember correctly, there is an override function for outfits that's been used for specific story events that Starbuck has used, so they may just recommend using that (or recommend my approach). But yeah, custom functions are a nightmare due to how many calls are made in different locations for any given aspect of the game (i.e. a person is defined in at least 3 separate folders).

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
You do know that an argument that goes "I am asserting without anything to back it up that because I like X (or am playing devils advocate and pretend I like X) anyone else that doesn't like X is so irrational that they need mental help." might not be the best argument to make.
There is a reason that the various cheating fetishes are niche categories and will never get out of that. I suggest one of the many available psychology courses that include human sexuality for details.
And yes it is so basic human nature that it filters straight into sexual roleplaying and fantasies. Just like quite a few other kinks that will forever get an "EWWWWW get away from me"-reaction from the general public.
I am not saying there is anything wrong with NOT liking NTR. That is perfectly understandable and much more typical than actually liking it. I'm talking about those that actively HATES it to such a degree, their whole day is fucking ruined just because a game they liked introduced optional NTR. Some will even start sending threats to the dev because of it. Tons of people on here who hates NTR with such a passion, I can only wonder if they have psychological issues. Some of them go berserk just from their favorite heroine kissing another guy than MC and rant on here as if it was their IRL girlfriend that cheated on them.

Its so bizarre to me how some people can delude themselves into sincerely feeling like they are in a relationship with a fictional character, its got to take a "special" mind to be able to do that imo. Then again, its not that uncommon and we've seen people get literally married to their dating simulator.

Last edited:

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
If you created a uniform in game and know the name of it you can set that as her wardrobe in her .xml file located here: game/wardrobe/cop_uniform.xml. As long as you exported the outfit as a "full set" you can replace the "cop" outfit with the one you made. Note that this requires a new save since characters are created on load (meaning her wardrobe is defined only on new game). I haven't fully tested this so keep a backup of the xml file just in case.

Her work uniform may be forcibly set to the cop uniform in one of a few file locations, which I'll try to track down when I have some time. I know that while she is off duty you can change her wardrobe, but that's the only thing you can change.

I'd also advise against creating custom functions without the help of Tristim or Starbuck. If I remember correctly, there is an override function for outfits that's been used for specific story events that Starbuck has used, so they may just recommend using that (or recommend my approach). But yeah, custom functions are a nightmare due to how many calls are made in different locations for any given aspect of the game (i.e. a person is defined in at least 3 separate folders).
Thanks for that, and sorry for my poorly crafted question! I wrote it before going to bed so my brain wasn't working properly enough to explain my real issue. I think I should be able to do what I want, mainly through the business.ren file, assuming it's one that is referenced daily, and not one that is only called on game creation. My main issue is working out the programming syntax for accessing and referencing the sluttiness floor of a specific character. I'm thinking of something along the lines of:

get sluttiness_floor.police_chief

if person.sluttiness_floor < 20
if person.sluttiness_floor >= 20 && person.sluttiness_floor < 40
return police_chief_slutty_uniform_wardrobe

or something along those lines.
I'm not in a place to reference the code itself at the moment, so I know I didn't phrase it at all correctly. But again, I think if I can work out the correct syntax for "get sluttiness_floor.police_chief" & "if person.sluttiness_floor" then I might be able to get it to work. I'm just not sure what the correct syntax would actually be. Or if business.ren is the correct spot to modify it.

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Thanks for that, and sorry for my poorly crafted question! I wrote it before going to bed so my brain wasn't working properly enough to explain my real issue. I think I should be able to do what I want, mainly through the business.ren file, assuming it's one that is referenced daily, and not one that is only called on game creation. My main issue is working out the programming syntax for accessing and referencing the sluttiness floor of a specific character. I'm thinking of something along the lines of:

get sluttiness_floor.police_chief

if person.sluttiness_floor < 20
if person.sluttiness_floor >= 20 && person.sluttiness_floor < 40
return police_chief_slutty_uniform_wardrobe

or something along those lines.
I'm not in a place to reference the code itself at the moment, so I know I didn't phrase it at all correctly. But again, I think if I can work out the correct syntax for "get sluttiness_floor.police_chief" & "if person.sluttiness_floor" then I might be able to get it to work. I'm just not sure what the correct syntax would actually be. Or if business.ren is the correct spot to modify it.
Minimum/Maximum sluttiness scores are tied specifically to clothing and generated for an entire outfit whether it be over wear, underwear, or full sets. These scores take into account a person's sluttiness score, but those min/max values aren't generated for an individual character.

Min/max sluttiness scores are generated in 3 locations: "random_generation_functions_ren.py", "wardrobe_builder_ren.py", and "Wardrobe_ren.py". This is where the game determines valid outfits for a given character based on their specific sluttiness score. The only exclusion is outfit overrides which I still have yet to find where the code that handles that is located.

I'm not sure if this will work, but you can't add/modify the following code to "christine_definition_ren.py":
Code:
slutty_cop_outfit = police_chief_wardrobe.get_outfit_with_name("<name of outfit>")

if person.sluttiness > 20:
     police_chief_uniform_wardrobe.add_outfit(slutty_cop_outfit)
     police_chief_uniform_wardrobe.remove_outfit(cop_outfit)
else:
     police_chief_uniform_wardrobe.add_outfit(cop_outfit)
     police_chief_uniform_wardrobe.remove_outfit(slutty_cop_outfit)
You should also copy the xml code correlating to the desired uniform into the "Cop_Wardrobe.xml" so that the proper conversion is done from xml to python. Otherwise you may end up triggering several errors and breaking save games.

Will this work on an existing save? I'm not sure. Will it work on new saves? Most likely, but then again there could be code that governs outfit overrides somewhere else that I just didn't see.

Vren built a custom codebase to execute his vision of a customizable, procedurally generated (in terms of people) world that is honestly revolutionary in VN space. Add to that the various additions and improvements from Tristim/Starbuck and what you're left with is more akin to a game engine than an actual VN.

slobber

May 19, 2019
Surprisingly, the investment opportunity isn't tied to money whatsoever.
View attachment 2826835

The only requirements for this event is that you've researched to at least tier 1, you have passed the first week in the game, that your business is actually open (i.e. morning, afternoon, and evening), and that you're actually in the building during those times.
Yeah the trigger isn't related to your current funds at all as shown by Anubis' statement where he had 500k banked when he got the offer (which is not a low amount by the game's cost of living standards). I think I've had the offer when I was sitting at 2M cash in the bank or whatever. How I interpreted Anubis' question was "no one needs to care about this event unless they were low on money, right?"

@yliilrr396
To be honest, I never really considered those quests. I thought they were almost like easter eggs. Loved triggering them randomly though. Just triggered the cuckold wife event last night. It felt fairly new to me since I never triggered it before and I loved it.
Are you sure the attention threshold must be exceeded? Unless there have been coding changes, I've triggered the inspection as low as 120/200 (although that was 120/200 from a few days recovery from when I initially popped it over 200)

As for the whole NTR thing. It's always been around and it'll always be around. Different strokes for different folks. I feel the game gives you a lot of options in picking whether you want to cuck someone or not. And if they implement a brothel system the cuck lovers will have a blast. I'm happy with the direction it's currently going, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: slick97
Sep 21, 2019
I am not sure if it's just for me, but in the current run I have using the develop version breaking the vaginal taboo on mom during a regular sex act using "suck my dick" command allows to use vaginal sex normally for the rest of the run, but do not trigger any quest or event. Furthermore even when vaginal sex options are available, the options on taking advantage of trance still state that the vaginal skill cannot be improved because the taboo is not broken yet.

To trigger the quest and everything, I had to type mom.break_taboo("vaginal_sex"). But the vaginal options did not get locked. It feels like sex options and quest taboos are separated now.

BIGJOB37

Feb 15, 2018
Is she has another condition about Love Story Progress?
I tried 'get to know her' option a lot, but Love Story Progress still display 'try getting to know her'.
what can i do for this situation?

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
Do characters no longer form relationships on their own? I remember some of them get boyfriends, engaged, married or broke up. I haven't seen the same thing in a long time.

May 30, 2019
Do characters no longer form relationships on their own? I remember some of them get boyfriends, engaged, married or broke up. I haven't seen the same thing in a long time.
I've only seen characters START in existing relationship, not form them during the game itself. But I tend to speedrun cheating to getting ridiculously OP serums, so I haven't played more than a few weeks in game. In some possible future update, I plan to take my time and do it 'properly' (although missing questlines and relationships will always be possible, reading this thread).

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
Hopefully he tries to fix the personal serum bug. I hate that thing and it is so easy to trigger it if you are not careful.

Migl

Oct 7, 2017
They do, I have seen that in my current game. I also had two employees that were pregnant when hiring them. But I do not know if that is intended or a bug.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes