4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I am not sure if it's just for me, but in the current run I have using the develop version breaking the vaginal taboo on mom during a regular sex act using "suck my dick" command allows to use vaginal sex normally for the rest of the run, but do not trigger any quest or event. Furthermore even when vaginal sex options are available, the options on taking advantage of trance still state that the vaginal skill cannot be improved because the taboo is not broken yet.

To trigger the quest and everything, I had to type mom.break_taboo("vaginal_sex"). But the vaginal options did not get locked. It feels like sex options and quest taboos are separated now.
Taboo break quest was always separate. although recently the order that taboo's opened up was changed. are you using any other mods to Reformulate or the base game?

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Saionji11 - Looks like Tristim must've been lurking here recently as he just added a sexier variant of the cop outfit today.
Neat, I did not expect that! I'm assuming it's not implemented yet, but I'm looking forward to how it looks! I don't know why a nearly blank character keeps drawing my focus in this game, but I'm happy to see her get some attention!!

I would have responded to this earlier, but I was stuck doing other stuff. I also wanted to see if I could solve the problem myself, since I had already made the attempt. My biggest problem, as it turns out, had to do with one of my solutions being to remove everything involving uniforms for Christine, and just working off the base wardrobe. In addition to that making all of her uniforms available whenever, it also caused more problems when I forgot I would actually need her uniform coding when I went to try other approaches... :rolleyes:

The other issue I ran into was that trying to continually add and remove items caused me some trouble as I had to continually reference from the xml file and otherwise just created too many moving parts. So I tried creating multiple global, "uniform buckets" as it were. Then I added the sluttiness check in the business_ren.py file, and it worked! I went for a 5 stage progressive format, for every 20 points of sluttiness. Thank you again for the help!!

I'd like to share what I worked out, but I'm not entirely sure what's permitted. It would be easiest to share the changed files, but if that's not okay, I can just share the changed code snippets.

Last edited:
Reactions: slick97

that super man

Jan 18, 2023
Hey guys, if you guys want to setup a funding platform, i would really against patreon, at least not on patreon alone.

I've seen lots of adult content developer got sacked recently with them, page deleted without any notice and shit.

Subscribestar seems like a better place in terms of adult centent in general. But I agree, they do not support paypal so might not for everybody, and their review time is long. So you may want to set up the page earlier if you guys dicided to go this route.

May I suggest maybe setup funding page on both platform but you don't publish release on patreon but publish it in discord for patreon supporters instead.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Hey guys, if you guys want to setup a funding platform, i would really against patreon, at least not on patreon alone.

I've seen lots of adult content developer got sacked recently with them, page deleted without any notice and shit.

Subscribestar seems like a better place in terms of adult centent in general. But I agree, they do not support paypal so might not for everybody, and their review time is long. So you may want to set up the page earlier if you guys dicided to go this route.

May I suggest maybe setup funding page on both platform but you don't publish release on patreon but publish it in discord for patreon supporters instead.
Last I heard, they're most likely going with subscribestar if they fund an asset replacement project. No expressed interest in making one for the game itself though

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
hi, on macos it crashes upon saving the game. blocks every kind of save
There should be a crash log when this happens. Copy the log and file a bug report with said log on the GitGud page for Tristim to take a look at.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Last I heard, they're most likely going with subscribestar if they fund an asset replacement project. No expressed interest in making one for the game itself though
I'd gladly help fund the purchasing of new assets if they start crowdsourcing. While not a critical issue, the game is in desperate need of an update to the existing face models as most of them feel rather goblin-ish. I'd also love to see an expansion of the wardrobe as the current list of clothing available clothing results in NPCs often adorning very similar, or even identical attire.

If only I had an inclination for using Blender and learning 3D modeling... Alas my skills are relegated to a more mechanically inclined mindset rather than an artistic one :(

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Here's the modded files I worked out for Christine's sluttiness tiered police uniform. I also included a modification to the slave role file, that I haven't been able to test yet, but should color coordinate her slave collar to her uniforms.

edit: And of course Anonfile went down. Here's the file again though it's likely out of date at this point. At least the script is in place if anyone wants to use it.

Last edited:

stormcalled

May 4, 2017
Do you have the 8.1 renpy files mentioned for joiplay??
Yes, I downloaded both the app and the add-on from the patreon link. I think it's a problem with my phone. Out of curiosity, I also ran "The wants of summer" and "babysitters" on Joiplay after I posted my question here. The former ran, but the game was slow; the latter just didn't load at all.

Sep 21, 2019
Does one need release downloads? Can't you clone or fork the repo and just pull the updates or something?
Nah as the website description, you apparently need the "character-images.rpa", which was probably legacy stuff.
This might change one day, but my understanding is that this project started as extra mods on a base code they had no control of, and only decided to create their own version of the game VERY recently.

Reactions: slick97

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I'd gladly help fund the purchasing of new assets if they start crowdsourcing. While not a critical issue, the game is in desperate need of an update to the existing face models as most of them feel rather goblin-ish. I'd also love to see an expansion of the wardrobe as the current list of clothing available clothing results in NPCs often adorning very similar, or even identical attire.

If only I had an inclination for using Blender and learning 3D modeling... Alas my skills are relegated to a more mechanically inclined mindset rather than an artistic one :(
Keep an eye out in the discord. No one's fully committed to it yet but that's where you'll hear news and considerations of it. Also Blender's pretty fun, you should give it a try even if you're not making art. I actually almost start making assets for this game because of it

Xaiti

Mar 12, 2021
Nah as the website description, you apparently need the "character-images.rpa", which was probably legacy stuff.
This might change one day, but my understanding is that this project started as extra mods on a base code they had no control of, and only decided to create their own version of the game VERY recently.
OK, gotta try it - if it's just a couple files it sounds like one could probably add them to a gitignore file and just leave them in the local repo and pull the rest.

Reactions: RandomFapinator

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
why isn't there a "sleepy sex" event for at least aunts and cousins? because we have the key to their house... by the way, we have the key to the sex shop owner's house - we could have sleepy sex with her... finally, among the "great favors" among "find out the home address", for example, during a work shift, temporarily steal the keys to the house from the locker of the "future victim" and make a cast from the keys and order a copy and gain access at night while the victim is sleeping. there are potentially so many opportunities for girls to become sudden mothers ... and such a pity that there really is no such possibility.

• Love
Reactions: Sōsuke Aizen

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Are the modders adding new content? Or are we in some kind of infinite dev cycle?
From my understanding, Lab Rats 2 follows a game design that has a primary story - which may end at some point - and allows for the addition of new characters indefinitely. 90% of the game is coded to function more like a game engine than a VN.

why isn't there a "sleepy sex" event for at least aunts and cousins? because we have the key to their house... by the way, we have the key to the sex shop owner's house - we could have sleepy sex with her... finally, among the "great favors" among "find out the home address", for example, during a work shift, temporarily steal the keys to the house from the locker of the "future victim" and make a cast from the keys and order a copy and gain access at night while the victim is sleeping. there are potentially so many opportunities for girls to become sudden mothers ... and such a pity that there really is no such possibility.
As of now Starbuck is the only dev working on new story content for the business and unique characters. If an event or feature isn't present for one of the characters then it's most likely due to the fact that he just hasn't written the story/code for it yet.

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
There is an issue trying to download the newest Beta from the repository. It should be under 100MB and right now if you hit download it will just keep going. I stopped it at 2.6GB on my last attempt. EDIT: Last version I downloaded of the mods was 87.3MB. Something is really off, though it might be with Git and not Lab Rats.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes