4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

kpao_e

Aug 16, 2018
I had the same issue last time, reinstall the game and mod seemed to fix it.. nobody replied unfortunately.
Thanks. I reinstalled a couple times and it finally works. Unfortunately it didn't fix my saves so all my save files are now full of midgets... :O

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
I'm really sorry, but at this point the mod authors have decided not to support the animations (for now anyway). I'm not aware of a method to get the mod working with animations enabled. If you want to take a crack at it, the animation code is in a vanilla file character_animation.rpy
That's alright, I think the problem is with the base game's cropping of right-facing characters in the build_person_animation function and it cuts off half of the character so I'll ask around the base game thread.
Didn't notice it too much of a problem in the base game so I'll try again with just that

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
I don't know if it a bug or not but when you hover the people with the cursor the model is in right shape but when you click on to shop the difference choice the model gets big and doesn't show mostly at all I'm the only one or it same everywhere? And it like that since the latest version.
This isn't a perfect fix nor will it make the ui nicely aligned, but try replacing the following code in build_person_animation

Python:
cropped_animated_displayable = Crop((0,0,x_size,y_size), raw_animated_displayable)
framed_animated_displayable = Composite((x_size,y_size),(0,0),cropped_animated_displayable,(0,0),Frame("/gui/Character_Window_Frame.png", 12, 12))

with the one below and always make sure no tabs, experiment with the x values as you see fit

Python:
cropped_animated_displayable = Crop((50,0,x_size+150,y_size), raw_animated_displayable)
framed_animated_displayable = Composite((x_size+100,y_size),(0,0),cropped_animated_displayable,(0,0),Frame("/gui/Character_Window_Frame.png", 12, 12))

Jul 9, 2017
Not an error or anything, but has anyone else had an issue where a character will go from starting to date someone, to getting enganged, to getting married within a day? I haven't changed any of the crisis values or anything, but I thought it was really weird that I got three triggers in a row all for the same character.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Not an error or anything, but has anyone else had an issue where a character will go from starting to date someone, to getting enganged, to getting married within a day? I haven't changed any of the crisis values or anything, but I thought it was really weird that I got three triggers in a row all for the same character.
Had it happen with an employee of mine, wasn't an issue but was fun to know it can happen bc of rng

Sep 17, 2017
I've had Stephanie start dating someone, get engaged the next day, break up the day after that, then start dating someone else the following day, and finally broke up with them on Friday - all within the first week of play. This was on 26.1, and for a while I thought something had broken horribly with the crisis event rate when set to the mod defaults.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Had it happen with an employee of mine, wasn't an issue but was fun to know it can happen bc of rng
Actually I think devs and modders should avoid engagements and marriages when character's love for MC is above some value or, at least, when they're appointed as MC's slaves...
Maybe a new kind of relationship with other people should be created, something like "friends with benefits" if their love for MC is high but Sluttiness is high too...
Thinking about the topic make me wonder about another kind of relationship: appointed slaves could open a new kind of relationship like "join harem" and have sex/closer relationship with the other harem members...

Crosse

Jan 27, 2018
This isn't a perfect fix nor will it make the ui nicely aligned, but try replacing the following code in build_person_animation

Python:
cropped_animated_displayable = Crop((0,0,x_size,y_size), raw_animated_displayable)
framed_animated_displayable = Composite((x_size,y_size),(0,0),cropped_animated_displayable,(0,0),Frame("/gui/Character_Window_Frame.png", 12, 12))

with the one below and always make sure no tabs, experiment with the x values as you see fit

Python:
cropped_animated_displayable = Crop((50,0,x_size+150,y_size), raw_animated_displayable)
framed_animated_displayable = Composite((x_size+100,y_size),(0,0),cropped_animated_displayable,(0,0),Frame("/gui/Character_Window_Frame.png", 12, 12))
hello sorry for not giving a reply to all those respond in time but
for your solution i dont find the location of the build_persone_animation file i tried looking in the character_animation file but it dont have the line your telling so i tried delete the # but it didn't change nothing thanks

Last edited:

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
Hi guys, I have an error during file loading, possibly related to the dungeon change (in the loaded file the dungeon was already existing):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
hello sorry for not giving a reply to all those respond in time but
for your solution i dont find the location of the build_persone_animation file i tried looking in the character_animation file but it dont have the line your telling so i tried delete the # but it didn't change nothing thanks
oh the build_person_animation method is in script.rpy, ctrl+f to find it or ctrl+f crop
then just edit the place accordingly

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I see there're sliders to alter the frequency of regular crisis events and morning ones separately, though I'm unsure how they differ - unless someone just wanted to make sure morning ones fired at a different rate. Could we get a slider like the morning one for nighttime ones? I don't necessarily want events firing every single period, but it would be nice to bump up the chances at night without having to adjust the slider every night before bed, and then again after waking. I like and appreciate that about the morning event slider.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Encountered a bug during one of the Mom NTR events while her partner was stripping her. She's wearing the outfit that's the shirt, jeans, and lacy one piece. Once she's down to the lacy one piece, it gives me the following error. If I ignore past it, she's not fully stripped, he repeats the line about stripping the shirt, and continues with the event.

Reactions: Tristim

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I see there're sliders to alter the frequency of regular crisis events and morning ones separately, though I'm unsure how they differ - unless someone just wanted to make sure morning ones fired at a different rate. Could we get a slider like the morning one for nighttime ones? I don't necessarily want events firing every single period, but it would be nice to bump up the chances at night without having to adjust the slider every night before bed, and then again after waking. I like and appreciate that about the morning event slider.
Unfortunately this is not possible, the morning event are actually a separate collection in the base game, hence the extra slider.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Hi guys, I have an error during file loading, possibly related to the dungeon change (in the loaded file the dungeon was already existing):
This change was in the 'unstable' phase of the mod, since the base game completely redesigned the Policy screen, we didn't need our custom implementation anymore, this was removed. You'll need to start a new game.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
So, reading up through the thread I saw some complaints about the mod and bugfix not having their version number being incremented in some way (like 0.27.1.1 or etc.) to indicate changes. The response was that such a smart guy should know how to see the commits and note when a change was made on his own.

I am not such a smart guy, and can't figure out how to see when a change has been made to the mod or bugfix. Please advise.

edit: I'm not trying to be smarmy or passive-aggressive here, just to clarify. I really can't figure this out and want to learn.

Last edited:

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
As I said in my previous post, I'm not really a smart guy, but sometimes I like to think I am. So I was trying to figure out why I was getting sooo many memory errors while trying to save the game. It got to the point where I just couldn't save, period. So I did some digging through renpy forums on "crash while saving" and ran across something in the documentation about NPOT. In the notes about the feature, it said paraphrasing, "to reduce memory usage further, set config.cache_surfaces to False."

So I looked THAT up, and in my game I opened the console and on a hunch, since I don't really know what I'm doing, tried config.cache_surfaces = False" and didn't get an error so I assume it went through. Since then, I have still had incredibly long save times, but no crashes. I don't know if I "fixed" it, but just thought I'd share in case I stumbled on something important in my semi-ignorant meddling.

I only have noticed one difference in my game, during the scene where Sarah takes you to the strip club. When the strippers were changing poses AND stripping, I didn't see the clothing fade out as I usually do when a girl strips. I don't know if those scenes were supposed to have the fade out, but there you go. I haven't noted any other changes, anywhere else.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Welp, that appears to have only been a stopgap, unless that setting isn't saved upon relaunching the game. I'm getting out of memory errors again while trying to save. I do have 16GB of memory, so I'm stumped. Here's the log.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I got this exception. After attempting to enable animations at the strip club, my potato didn't appreciate it. I attempted to disable it and threw up this exception when attempting to click preferences. Had to rollback to before the "show" started. Afterwards, everything seemed fine except none of the cheat menus worked.

Using the most updated version of the mod, bugfix, and game. Was a new save. Only edits I made was to marriage rates (more single) and orgasm rate (higher for pc, lower for NPC)

Attempted to recreate the bug on a second run, but no go. It may be tied to my save if you need it lemme know and ill pm it. Used my real name as player name, so rather not post it here.

Edit: I also found this one after attempted to exit the game from the save screen, instead of promting me, it throws this exception. It happens when animations are still on. Starting to think this has nothing to do with the mods and this is in the wrong place.

Last edited:

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Would it be possible to make sex scene actions count as "observation" for the purposes of mastering serum traits? I find it super boring and dissatisfying that I have to save all my stamina and then grind it away on "compliment" (since it's the fastest to skip through) repeatedly to master traits.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes