4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I'm getting this error when I ask Sis or Mom to pose during their striptease. I noted when an employee did a striptease at the office, I got a different UI and it did not result in an error.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
As I said in my previous post, I'm not really a smart guy, but sometimes I like to think I am. So I was trying to figure out why I was getting sooo many memory errors while trying to save the game. It got to the point where I just couldn't save, period. So I did some digging through renpy forums on "crash while saving" and ran across something in the documentation about NPOT. In the notes about the feature, it said paraphrasing, "to reduce memory usage further, set config.cache_surfaces to False."

So I looked THAT up, and in my game I opened the console and on a hunch, since I don't really know what I'm doing, tried config.cache_surfaces = False" and didn't get an error so I assume it went through. Since then, I have still had incredibly long save times, but no crashes. I don't know if I "fixed" it, but just thought I'd share in case I stumbled on something important in my semi-ignorant meddling.

I only have noticed one difference in my game, during the scene where Sarah takes you to the strip club. When the strippers were changing poses AND stripping, I didn't see the clothing fade out as I usually do when a girl strips. I don't know if those scenes were supposed to have the fade out, but there you go. I haven't noted any other changes, anywhere else.
Did you have a look at this post?

Reactions: hipslipblip

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I'm getting this error when I ask Sis or Mom to pose during their striptease. I noted when an employee did a striptease at the office, I got a different UI and it did not result in an error.

I've hotfixed the v0.27.1 bugfix release to resolve this issue (download it again).

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Did you have a look at this post?
I did not. Thank you. I've restarted again and I like my current staff, but if I begin to have those out of memory errors I'll use that file before I do the next restart.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
For some reason the cheat keybinds don't work anymore in my current game session while starting a new game the cheat keybinds are fine. Not sure if it's a conflict of the cum_fetish role or unknown error I missed.
Anyone know how to force the opinion_edit_menu open?
Edit: Also noticed that the quick save/load history auto skip buttons at the bottom of the renpy screen disappeared, may be related.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I got this exception. After attempting to enable animations at the strip club, my potato didn't appreciate it. I attempted to disable it and threw up this exception when attempting to click preferences. Had to rollback to before the "show" started. Afterwards, everything seemed fine except none of the cheat menus worked.

Using the most updated version of the mod, bugfix, and game. Was a new save. Only edits I made was to marriage rates (more single) and orgasm rate (higher for pc, lower for NPC)

Attempted to recreate the bug on a second run, but no go. It may be tied to my save if you need it lemme know and ill pm it. Used my real name as player name, so rather not post it here.

Edit: I also found this one after attempted to exit the game from the save screen, instead of promting me, it throws this exception. It happens when animations are still on. Starting to think this has nothing to do with the mods and this is in the wrong place.

Try this information:

hipslipblip

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
During the Sarah bar event, her "friend" is randomly generated, right? As in she can't be encountered later on and hired or anything?
Just wondering.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
During the Sarah bar event, her "friend" is randomly generated, right? As in she can't be encountered later on and hired or anything?
Just wondering.
That is correct, she is only there for that part of the event.

Zacarr

Apr 30, 2018
Unfortunately I can't seem to get some of the serums from the mod in research like the height, weight, color. And I get a lot of crysis Errors that cause exceptions and it's a Fresh Install...

Last edited:

Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
Fresh Install 0.27.1, latest bugfix, latest Modpack fresh from Git.

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label pick_position_enhanced is defined twice, at
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/pick_position_override.rpy", line 31 and
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 895.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri May 01 06:04:06 2020
I assume I can just rename/delete the file bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy?

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Fresh Install 0.27.1, latest bugfix, latest Modpack fresh from Git.

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label pick_position_enhanced is defined twice, at
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/pick_position_override.rpy", line 31 and
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 895.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri May 01 06:04:06 2020
I assume I can just rename/delete the file bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy?
Delete your Mod-Folder and reapply the mod.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
I think game/personality_types/unique_personalities/mom_personality.rpy", line 653
the_person.cha should be the_person.char

right?

No idea for this one

Last edited:

kpao_e

Aug 16, 2018
Rebecca (aunt) has disappeared from my game. Is there any console cmd to bring her back?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
I think game/personality_types/unique_personalities/mom_personality.rpy", line 653
the_person.cha should be the_person.char

right?

No idea for this one

Tristim can you give any feedback on these?
EDIT:Sorry, I see the first fixed
Any thoughts on the second?

Last edited:

a6326348

Aug 5, 2018
Is it possible for one of modders to apply a fix to Dinah's wardrobe in either the modpack or bug fix? It is currently bugged such that 2 of her overwear outfits appear as underwear as well, instead of the alternate underwears seen in her complete outfits. It's an easy fix, but is annoying to have to fix with every update. How it has been in the game for the entirety of Dinah's existence is baffling.

Expansions on Sylvia and Paige's base wardrobes would be nice as well, since those have been worked into the modpack with Mom/Sis.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Tristim can you give any feedback on these?
EDIT:Sorry, I see the first fixed
Any thoughts on the second?
For the second one, the is_active evaluation function on one of the game_hints fails, but without knowing which hint, this is hard to find out.
In the console you could loop through them all and see the offending hint:
game_hints[0].is_active() <- increase the 0 on each try...when the error pops up.
do:
vars(game_hints[6]) <- assuming hint 6 gives the error.
or:
game_hint[6]._start_condition (this is the evaluated expression that fails).

You can put parts of this condition in the console and see which part fails....

Reactions: hhd12258

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
For the second one, the is_active evaluation function on one of the game_hints fails, but without knowing which hint, this is hard to find out.
In the console you could loop through them all and see the offending hint:
game_hints[0].is_active() <- increase the 0 on each try...when the error pops up.
do:
vars(game_hints[6]) <- assuming hint 6 gives the error.
or:
game_hint[6]._start_condition (this is the evaluated expression that fails).

You can put parts of this condition in the console and see which part fails....
game_hints[0].is_active()

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 452, in run
result = renpy.python.py_eval(code)
File "/Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "/Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'bool' object is not callable

please find the save attached, if you have use for it

EDIT new bug
i think
line 36 of Mods/Role/Enhanced/employee_role_enhanced.rpy
$ ran_num = renpy.random.randint(2, (the_person.age - 18) * 12)

is problematic if the person is 18 or less.

No sure how you would like to fix it.
Tristim because edited after the post

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
line 36 of Mods/Role/Enhanced/employee_role_enhanced.rpy
$ ran_num = renpy.random.randint(2, (the_person.age - 18) * 12)
Fixed this one and made a hotfix for the release, the hints one I still can't reproduce. Save was not helpful unfortunately, so I will leave that one for now.

Reactions: hhd12258
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes