4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Tristim 27.1
Looking at role_HR_supervisor.rpy

lines 1184 and 1250, but just 1184

$ backfire_odds = mind_control_agent.base_side_effect_chance / mind_control_agent.mastery_level

I know you cannot access the .mastery_level of the mind control research like that

How do you access it?
You are right, you should get the correct serum from the list_of_traits and then get the mastery_level from that trait. I won't fix the 27.1 version, but it will be resolved in 28.1

keymon2

Jun 23, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9751, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/script.rpy", line 10014, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_5
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 307, in <module>
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 163, in get_crisis_from_crisis_list
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 39, in is_action_enabled
File "game/script.rpy", line 3792, in check_requirement
return self.requirement(*extra_args)
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Sarah/role_Sarah.rpy", line 240, in Sarah_weekend_surprise_crisis_requirement
NameError: global name 'sarah' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 272, in script call
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 307, in script
File "C:\Users\uoc\Desktop\New folder (2)\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\uoc\Desktop\New folder (2)\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 307, in <module>
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 163, in get_crisis_from_crisis_list
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/action_mod_core.rpy", line 39, in is_action_enabled
File "game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Sarah/role_Sarah.rpy", line 240, in Sarah_weekend_surprise_crisis_requirement

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.28.1
Tue May 12 14:58:03 2020
```

getting this one constantly

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
I don't know what happened. One minute I'm able to use the cheat menu, save game, next minute cheat button gone. Is there a renpy shortcut that disables/enables the toolbar that's at the bottom? The whole toolbar is gone for me not just the cheat menu button.

Edit: On a new game the toolbar is back, but I'd prefer to continue from the file I was working on.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: PokeyPoke

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
everytime im having an animation and right click to save, I get this error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry, but we don't support animations, that's why we give the warning when you start the game to disable them, that code is very unstable and causes so many problems, if you wan't anything done about that, contact the game developer.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 272, in script call
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 307, in script
File "C:\Users\uoc\Desktop\New folder (2)\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Users\uoc\Desktop\New folder (2)\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tue May 12 14:58:03 2020
```

getting this one constantly
Do you have any other mods installed beside ours? I cannot guarantee the work of other people. In short, the mod is not loaded correctly, the 'sarah' objects is automatically created when you start a new game (she's the HR director) when that object is not present, the MOD did not load completely. You can check by 'start new game' and open the console and type 'sarah', that should return a Person object, if not, something is wrong.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I don't know what happened. One minute I'm able to use the cheat menu, save game, next minute cheat button gone. Is there a renpy shortcut that disables/enables the toolbar that's at the bottom? The whole toolbar is gone for me not just the cheat menu button.

Edit: On a new game the toolbar is back, but I'd prefer to continue from the file I was working on.
Do the hotkeys work like 'x' and 'p'?

keymon2

Jun 23, 2017
Do you have any other mods installed beside ours? I cannot guarantee the work of other people. In short, the mod is not loaded correctly, the 'sarah' objects is automatically created when you start a new game (she's the HR director) when that object is not present, the MOD did not load completely. You can check by 'start new game' and open the console and type 'sarah', that should return a Person object, if not, something is wrong.
just your group bug fix and the mod

<store.Person object at 0x19318290>
edit:
grabbed the bugfix and lr2mods-develop earlier today

Last edited:

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Do the hotkeys work like 'x' and 'p'?
I know I ain't the same person, but had that issue before and can confirm the hotkeys don't work once the bottom menu disappears. Don't know what caused it, only noticed it after a weekend session with sarah at the stripclub then back to work on monday.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I believe I've had the bottom menu disappear when I had a memory error while saving. Maybe it was specifically while quicksaving but I can't recall and haven't reliably replicated it.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Something I just noticed a few of the recurring "sarah" and "the_crisis" errors have in common is a path like this: game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy

Does that look right, or does it look like whoever is getting this problem has extracted the whole mods folder into the game folder for a path of game/lr2mods-develop/Mods instead of game/Mods?

keymon2

Jun 23, 2017
okay so hours later, i made a new run, and did sarah in the console, im 61 days in and no sarah error or "the_crisis" error
edit:
so right now start a new run after you land in your room, open console and type sarah

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Something I just noticed a few of the recurring "sarah" and "the_crisis" errors have in common is a path like this: game/lr2mods-develop/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy

Does that look right, or does it look like whoever is getting this problem has extracted the whole mods folder into the game folder for a path of game/lr2mods-develop/Mods instead of game/Mods?
So advance_time_override.rpy is running the events to occur and it goes checks the requirement and it crashes because the variable 'sarah' or 'the_crisis' can't be found for some reason.

Filepath could be the case of overlapping variables because of improper installations between different builds. Would've expected

srnoob

Jun 30, 2017
great mod but i cant save and so many bugs yet
Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: out of memory

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
    six.reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError: out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Wed May 13 11:53:21 2020

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I have Stephanie being over written when a new employee is hired. There is no error message yet. But first hire, starts work, (regardless of department, then Stephanie is gone

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes