4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Did you delete the old installation and start over fresh?

nm, I just tested it myself and I'm getting it too. Trist's code for detecting the location of the mod might need refining. If you're sure you put it in the right spot you should be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaneeden

kaneeden

May 10, 2019
Did you delete the old installation and start over fresh?

nm, I just tested it myself and I'm getting it too. Trist's code for detecting the location of the mod might need refining. If you're sure you put it in the right spot you should be fine.
This needs to be in the description til fixed imo. I tried to get rid of that message for hours..alt+F4ed always because i thought it´s not working.. every time on git a file was modified i had hope and now i read your post and just ignored the message ..and all is fine indeed.. thank you!

srnoob

Jun 30, 2017
Try switching to DirectX rendering, you might have an unstable OpenGL driver (press shift-G) during startup.
i switch and run ok but now have a bug in save and when i talk with Gabrielle and so many events, and the X and Z cheats dont appears more

srnoob

Jun 30, 2017
i switch and run ok but now have a bug in save and when i talk with Gabrielle and so many events, and the X and Z cheats dont appears more
I started a new save and a lot of the bugs are gone but now I randomly go to the main menu during the game and this is frustrating

toda vez que tento criar um serum por exemplo
consegui resolver mas as vezes ainda há bugs

Last edited:

Zhurgy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm getting this anytime I ttry to save from time to time, I have no idea what is causing it but it kinda ruins it for me. Btw after trying out this mod I refuse to go back to basegame because everything is just so goddamn much better with that one...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Redownloading after reading what is the issue seems to help so thanks again. Altough truth be told, I can run witcher, bannerlord and so on on relatively high settings so I'm surprised this game is killing it...
Edit2: Unfortunatelly the issue persist so I'll wait for new version or whatever solution there might be.

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Got this error with the childhood friend, appreciate the help.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You should start a new game, the Facial_Accessorie_Images routines have been optimized to check for the existence of an image on creation, not every time the image is retrieved. Why these optimizations? For every piece of clothing, body part and occlusion layer these functions are called, sometimes up to 80 times just to render one character in one position, this is why generating a character image is so slow, it's a composite of many smaller images, any optimizations in these routines make the drawing faster, since that is one of the few parts of the game that's really slow. It would be better if they got redesigned completely, but I leave that to the game creator.

greyz

Jul 4, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone seen this error before, and if so, any suggestions:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy', 1589487253, 24) is defined twice, at game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy:12 and game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy:90.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "F:\Lab Rats 2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0281-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy', 1589487253, 24) is defined twice, at game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy:12 and game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Athlete_Role.rpy:90.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thanks in advance

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Tristim a suggestion
Mods/Screens/person_info_detailed.rpy
Line 52
text "Slut# :[the_person.sluttiness] Core# :[the_person.core_sluttiness]" style "menu_text_style"

Reactions: Tristim

xxdungeonxx

May 3, 2017
You should start a new game, the Facial_Accessorie_Images routines have been optimized to check for the existence of an image on creation, not every time the image is retrieved. Why these optimizations? For every piece of clothing, body part and occlusion layer these functions are called, sometimes up to 80 times just to render one character in one position, this is why generating a character image is so slow, it's a composite of many smaller images, any optimizations in these routines make the drawing faster, since that is one of the few parts of the game that's really slow. It would be better if they got redesigned completely, but I leave that to the game creator.
Thanks I'll check that out.

antaxis

Jul 22, 2017
In all the last versions of this game, I had an image scaling issue on a Macbook pro retina. When you start talking with a character, her picture is cropped. I am surprised nobody reported that here. Since I have been waiting for a fix that does not come, I have looked into it.

There is a section of the code that's supposed to return the actual resolution of the screen:
physical_x, physical_y = renpy.get_physical_size()

Except it returns the virtual resolution on Retina which seems to be the issue.
I made a small fix in case anyone else is interested.

Disclaimer: I have zero Renpy programming experience, so it might not be the cleanest way to solve this issue, but it does the job.

I added a setting for Retina screens in the preferences Menu. Just go there, select the size of you retina screen, and the character picture should display correctly now.

The two files to replace are script.rpy and screens.rpy (they only will work for version 0.28.1):

xxdungeonxx

May 3, 2017
I know this is probably not a bug, but some of the girls don't have anal choices, or not even sex choice only foreplay an oral. How can you unlock the other options?

kaneeden

May 10, 2019
I know this is probably not a bug, but some of the girls don't have anal choices, or not even sex choice only foreplay an oral. How can you unlock the other options?
it´s only a guess but i think if they hate for example anal the option is not given. you can raise their opinion towards sexual acts through higher tier serums over time.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
When a girl hates a position, you cannot get her to perform the act, try giving her a serum that changes her opinion about the act, and the option will unlock.

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
Tristim Trollden Wow! You guys have really doubled down on this game, taking VRen's really good work to another level. Thanks. So, do you have a Patreon? I'd like to show my appreciation.

I do have a bug fix request, however. It's with 'Ophelia', the Salon Manager. I finally got her worked up enough to offer the "Sleepover Tonight (Vaginal)" option. But when selecting that, the event never triggers. It just stays selected, day after day, with the message "someone else is coming over tonight". Did I find a bug, or is this something you are already aware of?

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Tristim Trollden Wow! You guys have really doubled down on this game, taking VRen's really good work to another level. Thanks. So, do you have a Patreon? I'd like to show my appreciation.

I do have a bug fix request, however. It's with 'Ophelia', the Salon Manager. I finally got her worked up enough to offer the "Sleepover Tonight (Vaginal)" option. But when selecting that, the event never triggers. It just stays selected, day after day, with the message "someone else is coming over tonight". Did I find a bug, or is this something you are already aware of?
I'm looking into it right now, but it has not been reported before.
Can you tell me if you have tried to go to bed with more than 30 Energy Remaining? (That's the requirement for a pending "vaginal fetish" visit to happen, so would like to ensure that the most obvious error isn't the issue before continuing to dig deeper).

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes