4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Moabit

May 3, 2018
Hi all i have the Problem to load my savegame from Version 0.27.1. Is there a way to use this savegame with the latest Version of the Game?

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
I'm looking into it right now, but it has not been reported before.
Can you tell me if you have tried to go to bed with more than 30 Energy Remaining? (That's the requirement for a pending "vaginal fetish" visit to happen, so would like to ensure that the most obvious error isn't the issue before continuing to dig deeper).
I'm pretty sure my character goes to bed with quite a lot of energy every night, as I boosted him to start the day with 1000. He can fool around with lots of girls through the day, and still have energy for more.

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Hi all i have the Problem to load my savegame from Version 0.27.1. Is there a way to use this savegame with the latest Version of the Game?
Sorry to say, but you need to start a new game. With all the changes in Vrens original code there is no way to port your save to 0.28.1

Cheers
Matt

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
That depends entirely on what error messages you are receiving.

It is usually possible to salvage a save albeit difficult and time consuming depending on what has changed. In order to solve it you will have to resolve the complaints any of the error messages prompt you with.

You'll be best off with starting a new save regardless.

Moabit

May 3, 2018
That depends entirely on what error messages you are receiving.

It is usually possible to salvage a save albeit difficult and time consuming depending on what has changed. In order to solve it you will have to resolve the complaints any of the error messages prompt you with.

You'll be best off with starting a new save regardless.
OH this is too Bad because i played it a long time... OK anyway thank you all for your work on the Mods and Bugfixes.

I will try to Start a new Game

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure my character goes to bed with quite a lot of energy every night, as I boosted him to start the day with 1000. He can fool around with lots of girls through the day, and still have energy for more.
I believe that I have found the issue.

The requirement for the event to trigger states that the event itself should not be expected to trigger, which is faulty logic.

I won't be pushing a fix for it since I'd like to make sure anything else tied to the same check doesn't break (which I'll need LZ to confirm), but if you'd like to fix it yourself you can do that yourself by removing one line from a file.

Go into the file located at game\Mods\Starbuck\SB_constant_declare.rpy and at line 22 (ca. middle of the file if you don't have a line counter) remove the line stating "SB_fetish_vaginal_event_label", save the file then re-launch the game.

Reactions: hardace
Feb 12, 2018
Getting this when meeting Sarah in the lobby covered in not paint (random event).. when request her services, getting the error I can't ignore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and sometimes I'm getting infinite loop error, and the game runs much slower compared to ver.27

hardace

Donor
Oct 8, 2017

The requirement for the event to trigger states that the event itself should not be expected to trigger, which is faulty logic.

I won't be pushing a fix for it since I'd like to make sure anything else tied to the same check doesn't break (which I'll need LZ to confirm), but if you'd like to fix it yourself you can do that yourself by removing one line from a file.

Go into the file located at game\Mods\Starbuck\SB_constant_declare.rpy and at line 22 (ca. middle of the file if you don't have a line counter) remove the line stating "SB_fetish_vaginal_event_label", save the file then re-launch the game.
Thanks so much. I'll give that a try.

hardace

Donor
Oct 8, 2017

Okay, that worked,to a degree. While she comes to visit now, only the oral options open up. But, that's fine - I'm not complaining. I know you guys will come up with a great progression in this story.

Thanks again.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

Don't remove this line, this would cause multiple events to be added, i've pushed a fix so the event gets triggered correctly.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Getting this when meeting Sarah in the lobby covered in not paint (random event).. when request her services, getting the error I can't ignore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and sometimes I'm getting infinite loop error, and the game runs much slower compared to ver.27
Redownload latest version and start a new game, that should solve the issues you are having.

freddyprincejr

Jan 25, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'character_images/Big_Glasses_kissing_Face_2_happy_kissing.png'> (1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)> (0.98, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.98, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.98, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9745, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9870, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 575, in script call
    $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high")
  File "game/personality_types/general_personalities/relaxed_personality.rpy", line 543, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = kissing, skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_48
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call sex_description(the_person, position_choice, object_choice, private = private, report_log = report_log) from _call_sex_description_bugfix
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 425, in script call
    $ the_position.call_scene(the_person, mc.location, the_object)
  File "game/sex_positions/kissing.rpy", line 144, in script
    "You and [the_girl.title] make out for a long moment before she breaks the kiss. She wraps her arms around your waist and looks deep into your eyes."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'character_images/Big_Glasses_kissing_Face_2_happy_kissing.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9745, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9870, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 575, in script call
    $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high")
  File "game/personality_types/general_personalities/relaxed_personality.rpy", line 543, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = kissing, skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_48
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call sex_description(the_person, position_choice, object_choice, private = private, report_log = report_log) from _call_sex_description_bugfix
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 425, in script call
    $ the_position.call_scene(the_person, mc.location, the_object)
  File "game/sex_positions/kissing.rpy", line 144, in script
    "You and [the_girl.title] make out for a long moment before she breaks the kiss. She wraps her arms around your waist and looks deep into your eyes."
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\dom\Documents\Patreon Games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'character_images/Big_Glasses_kissing_Face_2_happy_kissing.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.28.1
Sat May 16 00:21:33 2020

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I found a little bug in HR_director_recruitment_screen.rpy, line 86. The settings 'In between' and 'Free spirited' are the same. I changed it to:
Python:
                        if get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience") and get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience", 0) >= -10 and get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience", 0) <= 10:
                            background "#4f7ad6"
                            hover_background "#4f7ad6"
                        action [Function(set_HR_director_tag, "recruit_obedience", renpy.random.randint(-10,10))]
Maybe switching the buttons for 'In between' and 'Obedient' is also a good idea.

Cheers
Matt

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
So I just played through the latest beta.. and it looks great! :) good job, guys! It does have a bunch of bugs, that's inevitable, and most were a quick fix. I really enjoy the stories on the characters, and honestly the modded version is way more enjoyable than the vanilla. I wonder how and if the pregnancy events will be done :) the beggining of the Ophelia story also looks promising - that will be fun. ^^
Well done and keep up the good work.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I found a little bug in HR_director_recruitment_screen.rpy, line 86. The settings 'In between' and 'Free spirited' are the same. I changed it to:
Python:
                        if get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience") and get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience", 0) >= -10 and get_HR_director_tag("recruit_obedience", 0) <= 10:
                            background "#4f7ad6"
                            hover_background "#4f7ad6"
                        action [Function(set_HR_director_tag, "recruit_obedience", renpy.random.randint(-10,10))]
Maybe switching the buttons for 'In between' and 'Obedient' is also a good idea.

Cheers
Matt
Thanks, good spot, has been fixed.

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019
I have an idea,
what if Lilly have some bad teacher?
This can make a new arc about Lilly story.
As a "good" brother you can influence the teacher to gave handicap to Lilly.

austinl

Jul 24, 2017
Hello,

I am working on some custom stuff on top of this mod, and I am having an issue with one thing.

I edited the function that selects outfits for each person each day to have a chance to build an acceptable outfit from individual items rather than outfit sets, overwear sets, underwear sets. It seems to be working well (although the code's messy), and IMO adds some very nice variety to the game.

However, I also want to add to the slut value of an outfit if portions of it are less opaque. That i have done at some level, but I can't figure out how to make the updated values appear in the outfit manager screen. Anybody able to assist?

I will post the files when they seem stable, or if anyone wants to review.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes