4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Current beta, role_Sarah.rpy, line 2009 (arranging a threesome for Sarah plotline)
it's
Code:
    # make the second person wear a more sexy outfit (50% sluttiness boost)
    $ the_person.apply_outfit(the_person_two.wardrobe.decide_on_outfit2(the_person_two, sluttiness_modifier = .5))
and throws errors. I think it should be..
Code:
    # make the second person wear a more sexy outfit (50% sluttiness boost)
    $ the_person_two.apply_outfit(the_person_two.wardrobe.decide_on_outfit2(the_person_two, sluttiness_modifier = .5))

Reactions: Tristim and Corrado

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I am sorry guys, but i seem to experience the same problem like Burce Wayne a page ago, same traceback. My savefolder is empty, so this proposed solution can't apply i guess, any hints or advice?

Edit: Deleted everything and did the same anew, now it works.

Last edited:

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
28.1 is mostly stable at this point. It is still actively being developed for though, so as new features and story rolls out, it may contain bugs.
ya, but it's not like there are not bugs in 27.1 and they are not being fixed now. so we are kinda all in on 28, right?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
dont throw the mods on a copy that has already been played. get a fresh one and start a new savegame
i was a fresh 28.1 game. i did update the mod and bug fix though
Are we not supposed to update the daily bugfixes?
We have to start over every daily update?

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
i was a fresh 28.1 game. i did update the mod and bug fix though
Are we not supposed to update the daily bugfixes?
We have to start over every daily update?
A new master branch for 28.1 was pushed I think yesterday. It is recommended that you install that to have the best chance at a stable game. Updates to the develop branch are ongoing and likely contain bugs or other changes to code that could invalidate save games. Update to the develop branch on a daily basis at your own risk.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
A new master branch for 28.1 was pushed I think yesterday. It is recommended that you install that to have the best chance at a stable game. Updates to the develop branch are ongoing and likely contain bugs or other changes to code that could invalidate save games. Update to the develop branch on a daily basis at your own risk.
hahahah, just when i get used to the beta, it goes mainstream.
And I was the guy arguing for it going mainstream.

Do i have to start over again?
Can i paste the master branch over what i have, or fresh unzip and paste?

jsbadmail

Dec 14, 2018
Sorry, dumb question perhaps, but trying to make the Sarah/HR director mod work for Mac, have the option to create the position come up for sale in my policies, won't let me buy it. Been getting a lot of recurring errors, especially the one that describes itself as possibly redundant but just in case. Reading through the forum, may be a dumb question - keeps mentioning a "Mods" folder. Is this shorthand? Have no such folder. Have only gotten mod to work in general by copying the files from the "everything" download into their assigned folders from a fresh LR2 download.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Sorry, dumb question perhaps, but trying to make the Sarah/HR director mod work for Mac, have the option to create the position come up for sale in my policies, won't let me buy it. Been getting a lot of recurring errors, especially the one that describes itself as possibly redundant but just in case. Reading through the forum, may be a dumb question - keeps mentioning a "Mods" folder. Is this shorthand? Have no such folder. Have only gotten mod to work in general by copying the files from the "everything" download into their assigned folders from a fresh LR2 download.
Is there a "game" folder?
Under that is a "Mods" folder.
In the "Mods" folder is all the mod stuff these guys here are writing.
Hoping this helps

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019

Honestly, you are probably fine just grabbing the master branch and pasting over what you already have, but due to the number of commits in the repo I can't say 100% for certain.

I'm not sure if this is the issue you are having, but when you download the mod it should just be the /Mods/ folder that you drop into the /game/ folder. So file structure should be something like...
filesystem / Lab Rats 2 / game / mods / mod_files

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with running things on mac, so I have no idea if they are compatible or not.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016

I've seen it advised, due to files sometimes being deleted or renamed, to delete the Mods folder before installing the new version instead of just pasting the new one over the old.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
I've seen it advised, due to files sometimes being deleted or renamed, to delete the Mods folder before installing the new version instead of just pasting the new one over the old.
That is true, but we do our best to only due that during lab rats 2 version updates, EG 27.1 to 28.1. Deleting the entire mod folder has the downside that it also deletes all the mod .rpyc files, which sort of saves what dialogue you have seen and what you haven't, making it so you can't skip through previously seen dialogue as easily.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Is there a guide for how to skip quickly through the starting parts of the mod, to get to newer content quickly?

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
(Guess it is part of the mod but did not find it in the scripts!)
After Meeting with her father (and gave her a promotion) i helped my new BABY GIRL (in my case its MIYU) to her new apartment , but i don't get her address.
Shouldn't i know that now???

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
Tristim LZ_Starbuck I have come across a problem with the latest mod ... 28.1. For some reason, I cannot get the "Love Potion" trait to appear for research. I played the game twice using your mod from the beginning, and nope ... no Love Potion. I thought it might be a problem with Vren's latest update, so I played the game without your mod. Sure enough, Love Potion appears in the original game as tier 3. Then I went back and played from the beginning again with your mod, and no Love Potion. I should note that I had no problem obtaining the Love Potion with an early version of your v.28.1 beta mod & bugfix. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
Just curious, if the dev doesn't add pregnancy and big bellies at some point, any chance that can be added as a mod?

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes