4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Just curious, if the dev doesn't add pregnancy and big bellies at some point, any chance that can be added as a mod?
No. Except you know someone who can do the artwork ;)

But Vren wrote on his Patreon about implementing pregnancy in the next version. So expect to have pregnancy within a month or two.

Cheers
Matt

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Tristim LZ_Starbuck I have come across a problem with the latest mod ... 28.1. For some reason, I cannot get the "Love Potion" trait to appear for research. I played the game twice using your mod from the beginning, and nope ... no Love Potion. I thought it might be a problem with Vren's latest update, so I played the game without your mod. Sure enough, Love Potion appears in the original game as tier 3. Then I went back and played from the beginning again with your mod, and no Love Potion. I should note that I had no problem obtaining the Love Potion with an early version of your v.28.1 beta mod & bugfix. What am I missing?
Love Potion shows up fine for me. Did you remember to research its prerequisites?

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
I have a technical question. I used to have the pregnancy mod, with I currently do not use, because it had some issues with disappearing wardrobe menu labels (my guess is, the laber overrides got broken or something).

The thing is, my wardrobe has been functioning correctly (the "build_wardrobe_change_menu" displayed and everything), but after I modified a line that should be fixing the (theoratically existing) issue, I managed to cause it ("call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_XX", where the XX was some number, that was incorrect).

I said, whatever, let's remove the mod (I did), and see what happens. Now, the mod is removed, but the problem with the menu is still present (despite the files defining both the overrides). Does anyone have any observation? What is happening? Somehow some override stuck in its brain, or something?

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I have a technical question. I used to have the pregnancy mod, with I currently do not use, because it had some issues with disappearing wardrobe menu labels (my guess is, the laber overrides got broken or something).

The thing is, my wardrobe has been functioning correctly (the "build_wardrobe_change_menu" displayed and everything), but after I modified a line that should be fixing the (theoratically existing) issue, I managed to cause it ("call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_XX", where the XX was some number, that was incorrect).

I said, whatever, let's remove the mod (I did), and see what happens. Now, the mod is removed, but the problem with the menu is still present (despite the files defining both the overrides). Does anyone have any observation? What is happening? Somehow some override stuck in its brain, or something?
Did you start a fresh game after removing the mod?
Unfortunately most objects are stored in the savegame itself. So removing the mod-code does only help sometimes :/ (That's where the incompatebilities between the versions come from)

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017

I'll just type out my observations and see if that helps you.

1. a from shouldn't be able to be "incorrect" as long as you make it an unique identifier (not used in another from call somewhere else in the code).

2. I believe the reason why the override sticks is because it is stored in config.label_overrides which is set through a define. Unlike normal statements such as the $ RenPy statement and python blocks (similar to RenPy's default statement), the define does not get re-defined if it already exists (which in your case it will).

Does the issue persist if you load a new save? If not then you can open the console with Shift+O, while in your "broken save", and edit the config.label_overrides dictionary to remove the corresponding override entries. The keys to look for you can find in the file(s) where the override is defined, e.g in this case I believe it is the "talk_person" label / key.

Flow255

Mar 1, 2018
Hey there, just wanted to report the attached crash I encountered multiple times now. Most of the times I could just rollback and it wouldn't trigger again, since it seems to be a random event. I'm at the start of the game, first two weeks, haven't met Sarah yet.
Using currently released stable bugfixes + mod from OP.

Last edited:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Hey there, just wanted to report the attached crash I encountered multiple times now. Most of the times I could just rollback and it wouldn't trigger again, since it seems to be a random event. I'm at the start of the game, first two weeks, haven't met Sarah yet.
Using currently released stable bugfixes + mod from OP.
Maybe you are using a save started with an older mod-version. You can open the console and type:
Python:
Sarah_mod_initialization()
This should initialize Sarah, your HR-director. But it is possible that you encounter other errors later. So no guarantee it works ;)

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: Flow255

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
Love Potion shows up fine for me. Did you remember to research its prerequisites?
Yes, thanks. With the mod there are two prerequisites that aren't required in the straight game. That's what threw me off. Thanks for your response. I've got it now.

Reactions: Jaxter

Flow255

Mar 1, 2018
Maybe you are using a save started with an older mod-version. You can open the console and type:
Python:
Sarah_mod_initialization()
This should initialize Sarah, your HR-director. But it is possible that you encounter other errors later. So no guarantee it works ;)

Cheers
Matt
Ah, I didn't install the mod properly, didn't realize it at first and didn't thought I needed a new save after installing correctly. Thanks for the info, will keep that in mind in the future.
The console command gave "None" as output, but since I now have the tip to wait a day to have Sarah knock on my door I assume it worked :D

Reactions: DaMatt and Jaxter

Mogymog

May 23, 2017
So, I installed the beta versions and the pregnancy mod.. I had assumed it was something in the pregnancy mod that caused my issue so i posted it there. But, now im not sure if thats the whole issue so posting here incase it's not.. The problem im having is, the quick menu bar at the bottom of the screen is gone. It was there when i first loaded up the game, but then vanished and nothing i've tried has made it reappear. Is, there something from this mod set that could cause it, or a way to bring it back? And to tack on, not even the z/x buttons activate either. So, Im even more unsure whats the issue.

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
I'll just type out my observations and see if that helps you.

1. a from shouldn't be able to be "incorrect" as long as you make it an unique identifier (not used in another from call somewhere else in the code).

2. I believe the reason why the override sticks is because it is stored in config.label_overrides which is set through a define. Unlike normal statements such as the $ RenPy statement and python blocks (similar to RenPy's default statement), the define does not get re-defined if it already exists (which in your case it will).

Does the issue persist if you load a new save? If not then you can open the console with Shift+O, while in your "broken save", and edit the config.label_overrides dictionary to remove the corresponding override entries. The keys to look for you can find in the file(s) where the override is defined, e.g in this case I believe it is the "talk_person" label / key.
OK, even with new save the wardrobe do not display. On the other hand, if I delete the files and install the prepacked game (the game with the bugfixes and the mod), then it works. Which is interesting, as the original game with the bugfix and the mod should behave the same way, but it is not.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Am I just missing how to cheat energy? It doesn't seem to show up on any of the cheat menus.
It is included in both the "Z" and "X" cheat menu.
Attaching an image so you can verify whether it doesn't show up in the correct spot for you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OK, even with new save the wardrobe do not display. On the other hand, if I delete the files and install the prepacked game (the game with the bugfixes and the mod), then it works. Which is interesting, as the original game with the bugfix and the mod should behave the same way, but it is not.
Try to empty the config.label_overrides by doing config.label_overrides = {} in the console.
It will 100% clear any overrides added by the mod and therefore use the vanilla ones.

You can also try to index (search) for .rpyc in the game folder and delete all of them since they get re-compiled on launch (sometimes certain changes get saved there, but in this case it shouldn't solve your issue).

Oct 22, 2017
Does anyone have any good wardrobe xml files to import that they could upload? I like the business uniform aspect, but I hate fiddling with the clothes manually.

Sorry if this exists somewhere already, I wasn't able to find anything with search

Edit: I know there's an option to auto-generate uniforms, and I those are very nice, but variety is the spice of life and all that!

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHaim

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I'm trying to speed up the Candi/Candace mod content (one of my favorite mods right now storywise, really want to ah, save her) along, but I think I broke her story progress somewhere by... yeah, well cheating.
Right now I cannot seem to progress to the point where she's willing to quit (3 out of 4 questions done) her current job, despite waiting and checking back for 20 days. From notepad++'ing the .rpy's I think there's content past the point, how to console command the game to get her to the next level?

EDIT: nevermind, got it.

Last edited:

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a cheat mod for .29 yet?
I haven't seen anything about Lab Rats 2 v0.29 anywhere yet, current available version here is 0.28.1, but the LR2Mod includes 3 cheat mods. Maybe check the Features spoiler in the OP to see exactly what is included in the LR2Mod.

EDIT: Just checked the LR2 Patreon page and apparently "Lab Rats 2 v0.29 is currently available to $5 patrons for a week of bug testing before it's public release." So there probably isn't a cheat mod for v0.29 just yet, LR2Mod is usually updated shortly after a public release of LR2.

Last edited:

Dellej

Feb 21, 2020
After a while, fetish-inducing serums seem unable to induce fetishes. Not a single character has developed a new fetish in quite some time, with the maximum number of fetished allowed set to max. Even characters with no fetishes will not acquire a fetish anymore.
For example, I've been giving Mom the cum-fetish serum for weeks and there will be a message that she now 'loves drinking cum', a week later I will see the same message, as if it reverted or progress is stuck. Any ideas?

This may be related: The option to have Anal and Vaginal fetishists do a 'sleep-over' or 'stay after work' is almost always grayed out, with the text underneath it marked 'someone else is coming over tonight'. When I end the day, usually no one comes over that night..

Also are some characters just locked out from acquiring a fetish? I'd been giving Anal Fetish serum to Gabrielle and cum-fetish serum to Aunt as soon as it was unlocked but they never acquired it. So this was before it seemed to have completely broken. Is there a way to force this or adjust with console commands?

Last edited:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
After a while, fetish-inducing serums seem unable to induce fetishes. Not a single character has developed a new fetish in quite some time, with the maximum number of fetished allowed set to max. Even characters with no fetishes will not acquire a fetish anymore.
For example, I've been giving Mom the cum-fetish serum for weeks and there will be a message that she now 'loves drinking cum', a week later I will see the same message, as if it reverted or progress is stuck. Any ideas?

This may be related: The option to have Anal and Vaginal fetishists do a 'sleep-over' or 'stay after work' is almost always grayed out, with the text underneath it marked 'someone else is coming over tonight'. When I end the day, usually no one comes over that night..

Also are some characters just locked out from acquiring a fetish? I'd been giving Anal Fetish serum to Gabrielle and cum-fetish serum to Aunt as soon as it was unlocked but they never acquired it. So this was before it seemed to have completely broken. Is there a way to force this or adjust with console commands?
If I remember correctly vaginal fetish is available for all girls. But anal and cum fetishes are (since about a week cum fetishes are available for all girls, thanks Tristim ) only available for employed girls.

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: Tristim and Kalebon
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes