4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Right, but what's the point of that? Just longer duration?
Or I guess potential synergy with effects that give singular permanent increases (even though there's not many)
It's especially useful for traits which modify cosmetics (i.e. breast enhancement, weight loss, etc.), or fertility related traits in case you need extra time to impregnate someone. The way I primarily use it is for serums which modify traits, happiness, and other stats related to personality - especially since it becomes rather tedious to improve love/sluttiness once "small talk" and "flirt" stop increasing their values.

Dickard

May 27, 2018
I'm experiencing two bugs currently. I fired Sarah as the HR manager in my playthrough and now I get an error when I try to promote someone to HR manager. I also get an error when I try to use the "modify a person" option in R&D to change a girl's breast size.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I fired Sarah as the HR manager in my playthrough and now I get an error when I try to promote someone to HR manager.
You should be getting an error log pointing to a specific file where this is occurring. My best bet as to which file it might be without the error log is "HR_supervisor_progress_scene_definition_ren.py" as this specific file has checks for sarah only instead of a generic "the_person" or "person".

I also get an error when I try to use the "modify a person" option in R&D to change a girl's breast size.
This one I'm struggling to reproduce since I haven't been able to trigger an error in my current save, nor was I able to find any errors in the code. This is another one that you'll need to post the error log for.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
... especially since it becomes rather tedious to improve love/sluttiness once "small talk" and "flirt" stop increasing their values.
If you want to improve sluttiness fast, I suggest doing the earlier stages of sex in the same space as people with high sluttiness. the reverse is also true.

If you get it just right you can get two or more people to at least 3 1/2 hearts by doing nothing more than eating out one of them

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
If you want to improve sluttiness fast, I suggest doing the earlier stages of sex in the same space as people with high sluttiness. the reverse is also true.

If you get it just right you can get two or more people to at least 3 1/2 hearts by doing nothing more than eating out one of them
I honestly hate grinding these stats with a passion, so I just added in my own serum which permanently maxes out love and lust stats in one dose. If it wasn't for people having different versions when they download from the GitGud page I'd upload my modified .py files for those who also enjoy cheesy tactics (like me lol).

Natsu7Drag

May 30, 2023
Hey, I noticed when checking these changes from yesterday what you introduce that in the clothing set jenifer with Leo, Leo cloth is above skirt and not the other way around

Natsu7Drag

May 30, 2023
And with bra I have such a problem with the creator that when I create it is white, it is white and then when I dress it for girls it is no longer white and in addition two-color even though it was supposed to be white

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
I honestly hate grinding these stats with a passion, so I just added in my own serum which permanently maxes out love and lust stats in one dose. If it wasn't for people having different versions when they download from the GitGud page I'd upload my modified .py files for those who also enjoy cheesy tactics (like me lol).
I would be keen to know how you did that, cheers

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Here's a link to a post I made 2 pages back discussing how you can add your own traits. Alternatively, if you don't feel like coding on your own you can copy the code in the spoiler to your "_serum_traits_ren.py" file located here: ...\LabRats2-Reformulate-2023.07.11-pc\game\major_game_classes\serum_related\_serum_traits_ren.py.

Keep in mind that you'll need the extracted files by downloading the code from the "master" branch on the GitGud page (found .)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can of course use any name you'd like for the trait, but make sure that you type the name of your trait in place of what I used (I thought I was funny). You may also wish to change the "research_needed" to something more appropriate (i.e. 200 instead of 1500) and decrease the "clarity_cost" from 1000 to anything less than 500.

Since these are unofficial/custom traits you don't need to worry about balancing too much :)

*Edit: Formatting

QuietNine

Jul 3, 2018
Adding onto the above, you can also create your own serum file if you dont want to edit the base files
Add a *.rpy file to ...\game\major_game_classes\serum_related\serums which contains your custom serum trait.

This is my cheaty daily dosage

Reactions: slick97

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
W... WHAT???
guys!
is Erica always generated infertile or me is so "lucky as drownman"?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
W... WHAT???
guys!
Yes, she is... unless you give her the breeding fetish. She is not technically infertile,

erica.fertility_percent = -1000.0 #Erica refuses to get pregnant for MC, getting pregnant would cause her to be kicked from track team. Enabled with breeding fetish.

• Love
Reactions: ramvivat

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Adding onto the above, you can also create your own serum file if you dont want to edit the base files
Add a *.rpy file to ...\game\major_game_classes\serum_related\serums which contains your custom serum trait.

This guy has a good approach, and it gives me a chance to talk about the 3 methods in which serum traits are applied.

on_apply: The effects of the serum are only applied on the same turn the serum is given and only once.

on_turn: The effects are applied at the end of every turn. Keep in mind that this can cause issues if you don't use logic statements to prevent infinite stat growth.

on_day: The effects are only applied once at the end of the day. It seems the serum needs to last for at least 3 turns for this to work properly.

If you want a more balanced game approach then use the "on_turn" approach. Otherwise, use higher values for "on_apply" to avoid wasting serums.

W... WHAT???
guys!
So this is a product of poor information from Vren. Characters with the "infertile" tag have -1000 for their fertility score, which is essentially to prevent players from stacking serums with "human breeding hormones" and making the fertility score positive.

Erica is NOT actually infertile, but her inability to be impregnated is related to her storyline. Once you progress past the point of dating her you can start feeding her "reproductivity nanobots" in order to trigger the "breeding" fetish. This is the only way (outside of cheating) to restore her fertility score to a positive value (20).

Reactions: ramvivat

Dickard

May 27, 2018
You should be getting an error log pointing to a specific file where this is occurring. My best bet as to which file it might be without the error log is "HR_supervisor_progress_scene_definition_ren.py" as this specific file has checks for sarah only instead of a generic "the_person" or "person".

This one I'm struggling to reproduce since I haven't been able to trigger an error in my current save, nor was I able to find any errors in the code. This is another one that you'll need to post the error log for.
Here are the two error logs. Ignore the dumb filepaths lol
I also forgot to mention that I tried re-hiring Sarah but still get the same error.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019

Hi, I have coped and pasted this script, but get an error when trying to run the game.

"game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 8: is not terminated with a newline. (Check strings and parenthesis.)
cheat_daily = SerumTraitMod(name = "Daily booster Therapy",

Help please

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Hi, I have coped and pasted this script, but get an error when trying to run the game.

"game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 8: is not terminated with a newline. (Check strings and parenthesis.)

Help please
You're forgetting a closed parentheses at the end of the second block of code.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
You're forgetting a closed parentheses at the end of the second block of code.
Thanks, It has been many years since I have done any coding, brain is older now, lol, but now I get this:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 1: python block expects a non-empty block.
init -1 python:
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 2: expected statement.
def cheat_daily_on_turn(person: Person, serum: SerumDesign, add_to_log: bool):
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 3: expected statement.
person.change_happiness(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 4: expected statement.
person.change_obedience(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 5: expected statement.
person.change_slut(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 6: expected statement.
person.change_love(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 8: expected statement.
^
desc = "Increases everything.",
positive_slug = "Increases everything.",
negative_slug = "",
research_added = 100,
base_side_effect_chance = 0,
on_turn = cheat_daily_on_turn,
tier = 1,
start_researched = False,
research_needed = 500,
clarity_cost = 500,
mental_aspect = 3,
physical_aspect = 0,
sexual_aspect = 0,
medical_aspect = 3,
flaws_aspect = 0,
attention = 0
)

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Here are the two error logs. Ignore the dumb filepaths lol
I also forgot to mention that I tried re-hiring Sarah but still get the same error.
The first error I believe happens because you fired Sarah instead of moving her from the role. Because you had "n" employees while Sarah was there, firing her means you have "n-1" wherein the game still thinks you have "n" and checks an index that doesn't exist anymore.

In short: the total list of employees doesn't seem to update if you're firing Sarah (this is my best guess).

The second error doesn't make any sense if you're able to modify other traits without issue. This could honestly just be an edge case type of situation, but this one has me completely stumped.

Out of curiosity, which version of the game do you have? Is it actually the June release? Or is it a beta beta version (i.e. an in-development release)?

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Thanks, It has been many years since I have done any coding, brain is older now, lol, but now I get this:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 1: python block expects a non-empty block.
init -1 python:
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 2: expected statement.
def cheat_daily_on_turn(person: Person, serum: SerumDesign, add_to_log: bool):
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 3: expected statement.
person.change_happiness(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 4: expected statement.
person.change_obedience(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 5: expected statement.
person.change_slut(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 6: expected statement.
person.change_love(10, add_to_log = add_to_log)
^

File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums/Daily_booster_Therapy.rpy", line 8: expected statement.
^
desc = "Increases everything.",
positive_slug = "Increases everything.",
negative_slug = "",
research_added = 100,
base_side_effect_chance = 0,
on_turn = cheat_daily_on_turn,
tier = 1,
start_researched = False,
research_needed = 500,
clarity_cost = 500,
mental_aspect = 3,
physical_aspect = 0,
sexual_aspect = 0,
medical_aspect = 3,
flaws_aspect = 0,
attention = 0
)
I probably should've mentioned this as well, but make sure you indent the "def" argument by 4 spaces, and indent each of the arguments inside the function by another 4 spaces (do not use tab, Ren'Py throws a fit...).

You also need to indent the variable "cheat_daily" by 4 spaces, indent the list arguments by 12 spaces, and indent the closed parentheses by 8 spaces.

If you prefer (and have the patience), I can write an rpy script containing a few cheat serums that you can just drop into your folder rather than mucking around with Ren'Py. I'll include both the cheat serum and a couple of mine that should make grinding less tedious.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
I probably should've mentioned this as well, but make sure you indent the "def" argument by 4 spaces, and indent each of the arguments inside the function by another 4 spaces (do not use tab, Ren'Py throws a fit...).

You also need to indent the variable "cheat_daily" by 4 spaces, indent the list arguments by 12 spaces, and indent the closed parentheses by 8 spaces.

If you prefer (and have the patience), I can write an rpy script containing a few cheat serums that you can just drop into your folder rather than mucking around with Ren'Py. I'll include both the cheat serum and a couple of mine that should make grinding less tedious.

Wow, yes please, I would be keen to have any scripts that will help. Cheers

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes