4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Says 'list_of_traits' is not defined.
this command has to be run after loading into a savegame. if that still doesnt work, just enter
Code:
list_of_traits
in the console. if that error still appears, your game has its variable damaged or moved.
Fulcrum is correct. Trying to run the trait commands in the main menu will always result in the "<variable> is not defined" error (usually because the main menu doesn't import custom functions).

Try loading a save game first and then running the commands. If the error still persists please send me a DM with the version you're using and when the error occurs.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
There are actually 3 commands which modify a person's weight:
  1. Code:
    the_person.weight = <weight in kilograms>
  2. Code:
    the_person.body_type = "thin_body"
    the_person.body_type = "standard_body"
    the_person.body_type = "curvy_body"
  3. Code:
    the_person.change_weight(amount=<weight in kg>, chance = 100)

Options 1 and 2 must be used together to get the desired weight to match the body type, otherwise the next time a girl's weight changes their body type will be reset to whichever range it falls under.

Option 3 is the primary method that will both update a girl's weight and body type. Keep in mind that values have a hard limit of what they can be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I unfortunately can't really explain why the weight doesn't update when changing the body type other than when the function is ran (Ren'Py priorities at work), but the safest option is to use the third command (the_person.change_weight) as this is the command used by the in-game serums which modify weight (in other words, the appropriate method).

Note: All weights seem to be calculated in SI and converted into Imperial units for anyone who has that option selected. Heights are calculated in Imperial (for some strange reason) and converted in SI if applicable settings are used. The spoiler below contains ALL weight ranges and their respective conversions from SI to Imperial for each height.
I couldn't get any of those console commands to work. I get the following each time:

File "<string>", line 1 : expected statement

I'm not familiar with Ren'Py coding.

HootieMcBoob

Nov 19, 2018
Anyway I can convince the Devs to add how many children you fathered? Pretty sure I've enough kids to fill several schoolbusses.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I couldn't get any of those console commands to work. I get the following each time:

File "<string>", line 1 : expected statement

I'm not familiar with Ren'Py coding.
Those commands will only work if you've entered a conversation with a girl (i.e. their info tab is listed in the top panel). "the_person" serves an object that you're modifying and only references the currently selected character. Otherwise, you'll need to use the character's identifier (i.e. Christine is referenced as "police_chief").

I'm not sure how randomly generated characters have their identifiers stored (I've yet to investigate that part of the code), but a list of unique characters and their identifiers can be found below:

*EDIT: I just re-read the error you posted "<string>". Did you, by any chance, mispell something or not include an integer when using the command "the_person.change_weight"? An example of the command in use should look like this:
Code:
the_person.change_weight(amount = -2, chance = 100)

Last edited:

Godin

Jun 8, 2017
Can someone make a master walkthrough for most of if not all the quest lines in the game current?

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
It's been almost 3 years since I last played LR2 :eek: and a couple of days ago I decided to download the latest version and see how things are going. Overall it looks pretty good, clearly a whole lot of changes and improvements have gone into the game since I last played! I think, so far, I've been able to figure out some of the new stuff, but there's a couple things that I've not been able to figure out yet. For instance, when looking at a characters detailed information, under "Sex Skills" there's something called "Novelty: 100%" but I have no clue as to just what that is! o_O Is anyone able to provide some insight on that one please?

Also, back when I was playing LR2 Modded fairly regularly all those 3+ years ago, I was submitting various spelling, grammar, etc corrections. Now, back then all the game files were loose and anyone was able to simply edit any *.rpy file quite easily, but now it seems that all the loose files are packed into Ren'py archive packages and, so far, I've not been able to find how to edit individual files to make my own corrections and/or find the relevant lines to report for correction. Could anyone please shed some light on how to go about that? I've tried using Unren to unpack the *.rpa packages, but that just results in a whole lot of *.rpyc files that I can't edit because I don't have anything that can edit them. Yes, after only a couple days of playing I've found a few spelling and grammar errors! :oops:

Finally, is there any sort of guide / walkthrough available anywhere? There's a whole lot of stuff going on in this game and it gets real confusing as to what you're supposed to do and when it's best to do things! Which reminds me, the "Home Improvements" are new (to me at least) and I have no clue if they should be done in a particular order or if they have any effect on anything else. I know there's a wiki section over on the LR2 Mods GitGud page but there isn't much of anything there yet.

Last edited:

Tacoman719

Sep 15, 2017
Not sure if I missed something, but Vandenbergs daughter just doesnt leave her house. How do I progress that? Ive only ever spoken to her the initial time you goto the office and her dad forgets about the meeting. She has not left the house since then

slobber

May 19, 2019
GrizzlyUK
Novelty is basically how rewarding sexing the girl is. This prevents someone banging 1 girl for clarity points indefinitely (low reward). In RL terms it's theoretically supposed to be you getting "bored" with the girl. Just give it some time and the sex will be "fresh"/"novel" again. TLDR it's a mechanic encouraging you to sleep around

I can't answer the rest. Just save often.

Tacoman719
Vandenberg's daughter? Are you talking about the girl you're tutoring or your mom's boss's daughter? Those *should* be 2 separate families iirc

Vandenberg family has 1 trophy wife 1 girl you're tutoring and 1 instagram girl I think
Boss's family is usually just the girl and her mom and I believe this name is random. I don't recall there being much story developed for this route.

bloodbus
If you look a few posts back I list all the NTR content I think

Reactions: GrizzlyUK

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
GrizzlyUK
Novelty is basically how rewarding sexing the girl is. This prevents someone banging 1 girl for clarity points indefinitely (low reward). In RL terms it's theoretically supposed to be you getting "bored" with the girl. Just give it some time and the sex will be "fresh"/"novel" again. TLDR it's a mechanic encouraging you to sleep around

I can't answer the rest. Just save often.
Many thanks for the explanation. Couldn't figure out what that was but now that it's been explained it makes total sense! (y)

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I'm not sure how randomly generated characters have their identifiers stored (I've yet to investigate that part of the code), but a list of unique characters and their identifiers can be found below:
I think this was a answer to my Question

and here is it that i fail ... generating the daughters don`t give them the other Sisters as Aunts nor sets them as niece.
i looked up there identifier
Code:
the_person.identifier
this gives me a number that is i think unique and should identify the person
i tried
for purpose of the commando the identifier is 7777
Code:
town_relationships.update_relationship(the_person, 7777 , "Aunt", "Niece")
which fails because he doesn`t regocnice the identifier as person
i tried some other stuff but the only way the code above worked was like this
Code:
town_relationships.update_relationship(the_person, mom, "Niece", "Aunt")
which only gives the_person the Aunt but not the aunt the niece.

so i was wondering how must the string look like to use the identifier
I was already questioning myself if my question was formulatet so nobody understand what i am asking for.

The goal was to create a big family with the command line. Like 4 Sisters with 2 to 4 children. And i get stuck by relating them to each other because even if the are all sisters, using the generate_daughter function doesn't create a relationship to the sisters of the mother.
I failed to understad how to convert some definitions to commandos, so i can proceed. The next thing i tried was setting the relationships manually and for this i need the identifiers.

i thought the_person.identifier would help but it doesn't, one clue that it doesn't help is that if you use it on Mom you get a string of numbers and not mom which would work in
Code:
Thank you for looking into this!

Sep 21, 2019
Can someone make a master walkthrough for most of if not all the quest lines in the game current?
There is a start here.

Sadly I cannot contribute, my vpn does not let me do a lot of stuff.

I have not followed the thread for a while but I just want to appreciate the latest commit doing efficiency improvements by changing list into tuples. I have another question, how much efficiency do we lose from using the develop version with uncompiled files compared to using .pyc files? I am not familiar with renpy. I have deleted the .pyc files to use the develop version, so I suspect it is heavier/slower but I can't say how much.

EDIT: Looking at this post while backtracking and talking about optimizations...
After quite some time i`am dipping into the game again and hell the code looks much better than before.
i have downloaded the dev version und looked a little bit around than played the "stable version", means i can not change the code, but the commandoline should do everything what i want. But i can fell out of touch with python and some things are not as clear for me as they where before. So i will ask and yes i tryed to find the things i want to do mostly in the dev code ... but was not able to translate it into commandos.
What want do to is the following. Finding ingame a npc without a story so i don`t mess up anything.So i look up the people archive and the unique persons that are patreon chars.

Find some one ingame who is not one of the above persons. Than i try to do what i want, generate a whole new family.
Setting the age of the person to 39.
Code:
the_person.age =39
start adding children
Code:
the_person.generate_daughter(True)
the_person.kids=the_person.kids +1
than i try changing there relationship all to sisters (converting the mother to some of them)
Code:
for sister in town_relationships.get_existing_children(the_person):
town_relationships.update_relationship(the_person, sister, "Sister")
now they are all sisters and we find out where they all live
Code:
if not the_person.home in mc.known_home_locations: mc.known_home_locations.append(the_person.home)
because they are generated in the home of the mother they are all there so we go there and change there age to over 38.
the we give them all there own home
Code:
the_person.home = None
if the_person.home is None: the_person.generate_home
the_person.home.add_person(the_person) 
if the_person.home not in list_of_places: list_of_places.append(the_person.home)
now i create the children
Code:
the_person.generate_daughter(True)
the_person.kids=the_person.kids +1
and here is it that i fail ... generating the daughters don`t give them the other Sisters as Aunts nor sets them as niece.
i looked up there identifier
Code:
the_person.identifier
this gives me a number that is i think unique and should identify the person
i tried
for purpose of the commando the identifier is 7777
Code:
town_relationships.update_relationship(the_person, 7777 , "Aunt", "Niece")
which fails because he doesn`t regocnice the identifier as person
i tried some other stuff but the only way the code above worked was like this
Code:
which only gives the_person the Aunt but not the aunt the niece.

so i was wondering how must the string look like to use the identifier
Would using enum types rather than string comparisons all the time improve performance? Even if slightly.

A non-performance suggestion is to maybe change update_relationship to check more than bidirectional relationships: if set to type sister, then a common known mother get assigned (from one or the other, or none) and return error if not possible (two different mothers), so we avoid shenanigans and help with inconsistencies. Might as well create "half/step-sister" type while we are at it, and make a difference between blood ties and appreciation towards each other (which do not have to be bidrectional) as we can love/hate family members. This is probably a lot of work.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Jennifer is planned to have a corruption arc at her job (not explicitly NTR unless you're in a relationship with her) in the upcoming months. There is also some ideas floating around - that aren't set in stone - about girls sleeping around if they have high sluttiness and low obedience.

Starbuck has also mentioned she enjoys writing "reclamation" type content. However, the one instance she wrote it (employees fucking a delivery guy) resulted in some rather nasty backlash.
I have a story suggestion of NTR that maybe NTR haters could get along. We can attach side quest to employees, so I am thinking with this system in mind.
So how about one employee you hired is in fact a spy/saboteur from a rival company, that blackmails you, which triggers another storyline? You can get NTR'ed by the female boss of the other company, or you can play your cards right and make her submit (and absorb company ressources and maybe dirty stuff).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have a story suggestion of NTR that maybe NTR haters could get along. We can attach side quest to employees, so I am thinking with this system in mind.
So how about one employee you hired is in fact a spy/saboteur from a rival company, that blackmails you, which triggers another storyline? You can get NTR'ed by the female boss of the other company, or you can play your cards right and make her submit (and absorb company ressources and maybe dirty stuff).
I am not a fan of NTR especially with family members, then I do not consider cheating NTR and only do when also the other elements like asshole NPC and invincible are included. My problem in general with NTR is that it takes away the focus from the male Mc as most important in game (also in sex scenes, it is a bit the same as with lesbian scenes or the father having sex with his wive shown, it is not why i download my average male mc game :p, if want to see a pretty female fucked all the time by different NPC's I will download a female mc game).

Secondly it always has a big impact on the females and/or MC personalities in game, whether the routes are skippable or avoidable, since those need to be a certain way to make the NTR believable in the first place. Like the Mom and Boss thing in this game with all respect make totally no sense with a Mom that is both in love and addicted to her sons cum and MC being quite rich before you ever get there. :p Rivals though or more women doing their own thing has been in game since start, candy is doing her landlord for example for rent, Camilla references regularly being reclaimed by her husband and so on. So it def would be possible to enlarge upon this and make those scenes shown, i for myself would just not advise to do it in main game as such, but to create a mod for that, so fans who love it can have it while staying out of main game for rest of us.

For now though i myself would def prefer if the devs themselves would work first on all those char lines that are still somewhere at first 1/3 and finish those .

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes