4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I am not a fan of NTR especially with family members, then I do not consider cheating NTR and only do when also the other elements like asshole NPC and invincible are included. My problem in general with NTR is that it takes away the focus from the male Mc as most important in game (also in sex scenes, it is a bit the same as with lesbian scenes or the father having sex with his wive shown, it is not why i download my average male mc game :p, if want to see a pretty female fucked all the time by different NPC's I will download a female mc game).

Secondly it always has a big impact on the females and/or MC personalities in game, whether the routes are skippable or avoidable, since those need to be a certain way to make the NTR believable in the first place. Like the Mom and Boss thing in this game with all respect make totally no sense with a Mom that is both in love and addicted to her sons cum and MC being quite rich before you ever get there. :p Rivals though or more women doing their own thing has been in game since start, candy is doing her landlord for example for rent, Camilla references regularly being reclaimed by her husband and so on. So it def would be possible to enlarge upon this and make those scenes shown, i for myself would just not advise to do it in main game as such, but to create a mod for that, so fans who love it can have it while staying out of main game for rest of us.

For now though i myself would def prefer if the devs themselves would work first on all those char lines that are still somewhere at first 1/3 and finish those .
It's funny that I was talking about the potential of NTR in this while I also completely agree with everything you're saying. I think the appeal of this game is MC being a total dick and giving everyone total dick lol. I worry how NTR would translate given that appeal. Like I said before though, Starbuck won't be doing NTR except for Camilla. This project will remain light-to-NTR free until someone horny and skilled enough makes it

Reactions: slick97
Apr 21, 2018
It's funny that I was talking about the potential of NTR in this while I also completely agree with everything you're saying. I think the appeal of this game is MC being a total dick and giving everyone total dick lol. I worry how NTR would translate given that appeal. Like I said before though, Starbuck won't be doing NTR except for Camilla. This project will remain light-to-NTR free until someone horny and skilled enough makes it
I disagree, MC is complete psychopath. In lab rats 1 you can train the girls with free use and get the girls to fuck other guys in casual sex just because he feels like it. He's a complete sex fiend and care not about the women whom he fucks. It's the thrill of making the women do whatever he wants that make him hard.

Reactions: kurosx

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Also, back when I was playing LR2 Modded fairly regularly all those 3+ years ago, I was submitting various spelling, grammar, etc corrections. Now, back then all the game files were loose and anyone was able to simply edit any *.rpy file quite easily, but now it seems that all the loose files are packed into Ren'py archive packages and, so far, I've not been able to find how to edit individual files to make my own corrections and/or find the relevant lines to report for correction. Could anyone please shed some light on how to go about that? I've tried using Unren to unpack the *.rpa packages, but that just results in a whole lot of *.rpyc files that I can't edit because I don't have anything that can edit them. Yes, after only a couple days of playing I've found a few spelling and grammar errors! :oops:
If you install the latest development version (Beta version, section in first post of this thread), then you have all files editable as plain text.

I think the installation instructions are a bit outdated though... This is how I installed it a few days ago and it seems to work fine.

1. Download and install the full game from Download section.
2. Delete the subfolder called game
3. Extract everything from latest beta version into the lab rats folder, making sure that game folder ends up in the same location as before.
4. Press CTRL + SHIFT + F in Notepad++, set Directory to your lab rats folder, filters to *py, check the box "In all sub-folders" and start searching for stuff to edit.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I disagree, MC is complete psychopath. In lab rats 1 you can train the girls with free use and get the girls to fuck other guys in casual sex just because he feels like it. He's a complete sex fiend and care not about the women whom he fucks. It's the thrill of making the women do whatever he wants that make him hard.
I actually didn't know that about the first one. Your standpoint makes more sense given that. Doesn't change the fact that Starbuck has soured on NTR because of trolls though. That's what I remember her saying anyway.

Apr 21, 2018
I actually didn't know that about the first one. Your standpoint makes more sense given that. Doesn't change the fact that Starbuck has soured on NTR because of trolls though. That's what I remember her saying anyway.
Well, there's always the enetics of free sex in Lab Rats, as legacy of Vren. It's pretty obvious to me why he gravitated towards that theme since corruption to the greatest extend is the erasure of all decency and self-awarness. There's that extremum where all social boundaries are broken, all faith are discarded, and all normalcy be destroyed for the sake of it. The women are lab rats, they are to be deparved of free will and be made to do things for the sake of their abusers. Hence, the original exhibitionism and free use training, which enables events such as Lily's bukkake and Jennifer's office orgies. Of course, in these cases they are still acting under MC's whims, so I never consider it NTR, it's more swinging (which, the storyline with the yoga instructor in this mod is potentially going into)

Regardless, I don't know how things have changed since about a week ago, but according to Roadmap.txt on gitgud

In September they will begin prototyping for Patch 2, among the planned objectives include progress Jennifer's office storyline alongside the introduction of her personal assitant storyline for MC
For Jennifer, progress her slut route to atleast fucking her boss, then extend hiring her events to fucking MC at work.
I, for one, would prefer if the original plot left by Vren be continued in LR1's spirit.

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It's mostly just a vocal minority that raise a fuss over NTR (forced or otherwise). I personally don't enjoy these scenes since it's not a kink that I have, but some stories are still enjoyable even with NTR as a feature (such as LR1).

That being said, it's not too difficult to add storylines and unique characters with how the code is structured. As long as you have a bit of knowledge coding in Python it's fairly straightforward to create new stories, which I assume is the original intention by Vren.

I would advise against adding anything fancy like Ellie. The main reason being that adding unique mechanics that alter base gameplay can easily lead to errors being thrown constantly, which usually means that Tristim has to come in and fix said issues.

Tacoman719

Sep 15, 2017
Tacoman719
Vandenberg's daughter? Are you talking about the girl you're tutoring or your mom's boss's daughter? Those *should* be 2 separate families iirc

I am talking about the moms boss's daughter. The one who cries in the lobby when you go to talk to the boss cause he forgot about her or something. Ever since that initial interaction the phone just says shes in the vandenberg house ever since and I cant do anything with her

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
It's been almost 3 years since I last played LR2 :eek: and a couple of days ago I decided to download the latest version and see how things are going. Overall it looks pretty good, clearly a whole lot of changes and improvements have gone into the game since I last played! I think, so far, I've been able to figure out some of the new stuff, but there's a couple things that I've not been able to figure out yet. For instance, when looking at a characters detailed information, under "Sex Skills" there's something called "Novelty: 100%" but I have no clue as to just what that is! o_O Is anyone able to provide some insight on that one please?

Also, back when I was playing LR2 Modded fairly regularly all those 3+ years ago, I was submitting various spelling, grammar, etc corrections. Now, back then all the game files were loose and anyone was able to simply edit any *.rpy file quite easily, but now it seems that all the loose files are packed into Ren'py archive packages and, so far, I've not been able to find how to edit individual files to make my own corrections and/or find the relevant lines to report for correction. Could anyone please shed some light on how to go about that? I've tried using Unren to unpack the *.rpa packages, but that just results in a whole lot of *.rpyc files that I can't edit because I don't have anything that can edit them. Yes, after only a couple days of playing I've found a few spelling and grammar errors! :oops:

Finally, is there any sort of guide / walkthrough available anywhere? There's a whole lot of stuff going on in this game and it gets real confusing as to what you're supposed to do and when it's best to do things! Which reminds me, the "Home Improvements" are new (to me at least) and I have no clue if they should be done in a particular order or if they have any effect on anything else. I know there's a wiki section over on the LR2 Mods GitGud page but there isn't much of anything there yet.
The release download is fully compiled, but the development files (text you can edit) are still available. Plays the same (maybe a smidge slower, but otherwise identical)
That is available here:

There are special install instructions on the first post of this thread if you are using the dev version.

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
Tacoman719
Vandenberg's daughter? Are you talking about the girl you're tutoring or your mom's boss's daughter? Those *should* be 2 separate families iirc

I am talking about the moms boss's daughter. The one who cries in the lobby when you go to talk to the boss cause he forgot about her or something. Ever since that initial interaction the phone just says shes in the vandenberg house ever since and I cant do anything with her
They used to be separate families, but the story has been re-written a bit, and they're the same family now, although there isn't much to the story yet. Iris hangs out at home until you run in to her waiting in line for a piPhone in a quest for one of Lily's taboo breaks (Anal I think... might be oral).

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hahaha - for one sexual intercourse we have a logical inconsistency.
First, the girl says “You can be more rough with me” and some time later when the choice “fondle her tits” and “fuck her hard” appears, when you choose hard sex, the girl speaks ” hey I said more slowly"... (girl's vaginal skill = 1)

However, as always in this game, "inconsistencies ... inconsistencies everywhere!"
Oh yes, this game requires total alteration from scratch. =)
Maybe someday some other author dares to take up such a serious project with new strength.
maybe, maybe. maybe...

=)

• Angry
Reactions: MtHopkins

pieperpeeper

May 17, 2017
yeah this is already in the game. definitely in the newer versions of the game. i think there's a self-serum you can apply to yourself so that you're always hard so you can literally just prone sex a tired woman to oblivion
Sorry for the late reply. I meant where it does not force you to stop after cumming. Instead, it keeps going until the energy and not arousal are used up. I already know the prone style and where it can and cannot be used. I do not know about the self-serum for always staying hard, so that is something new. I will have to look into the self-serum staying hard.

I mentioned before that the player keeps going until the energy runs out and is not arousal, and not forced to stop due to the girl's low energy. Right now, the player is forced to stop having sex after arousal ends after the prone style sex and not energy itself is zero, and it would be nice to continue the sex as long as energy is still there.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Hahaha - for one sexual intercourse we have a logical inconsistency.
First, the girl says “You can be more rough with me” and some time later when the choice “fondle her tits” and “fuck her hard” appears, when you choose hard sex, the girl speaks ” hey I said more slowly"... (girl's vaginal skill = 1)

However, as always in this game, "inconsistencies ... inconsistencies everywhere!"
Oh yes, this game requires total alteration from scratch. =)
Maybe someday some other author dares to take up such a serious project with new strength.
maybe, maybe. maybe...

=)
Yeah, the game is full of inconsistencies, they literally fly out at you every few minutes! From characters who hate or dislike a particular colour but are quite happy to wear clothing in the colour that they hate / dislike, up to characters who are single and childless one moment and then they're married and have a teenage child 10 seconds later! o_O

To be fair it's not really the mod team at fault with the majority of these things though, they're merely working with the hot mess that is Vren's coding! :eek:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Yeah, the game is full of inconsistencies, they literally fly out at you every few minutes! From characters who hate or dislike a particular colour but are quite happy to wear clothing in the colour that they hate / dislike, up to characters who are single and childless one moment and then they're married and have a teenage child 10 seconds later! o_O

To be fair it's not really the mod team at fault with the majority of these things though, they're merely working with the hot mess that is Vren's coding! :eek:
i am pretty know what not a mod team is to blame - it's ok.
mod team is doing a good job.
and maybe eventually with mod they fix some of incostistencies...

and what about my comments - it's about laugh because it's funny... (i can't help myself about it haha)
but ahem - game in general is good... thanks to autor and mod dev-team.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
If I may ask has anyone found a way to modify the serum traits in this version of the game?

In the original LR2 I usually make it so you can have roughly double the maximum traits per a serum and while I have found and edited the traits in the scripts.rpa even in a new game they don't seem to take so I am at a lost of where else to look to pull this off.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
If I may ask has anyone found a way to modify the serum traits in this version of the game?

In the original LR2 I usually make it so you can have roughly double the maximum traits per a serum and while I have found and edited the traits in the scripts.rpa even in a new game they don't seem to take so I am at a lost of where else to look to pull this off.
Serum traits can be found in the ". . ./game/major_game_classes/serum_related/serums" folder. Keep in mind that serum traits are loaded at the START of a new game via the "list_of_traits.append" command in the "script.rpy" file.

You can manually update traits in existing saves via the console by using the "list_of_traits.remove("trait_name_here")" command followed by "list_of_traits.append("trait_name_here")".

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
i am pretty know what not a mod team is to blame - it's ok.
mod team is doing a good job.
and maybe eventually with mod they fix some of incostistencies...
LR2 wasn't designed using the typical practices that most other VNs follow. I stated a few pages back that it was designed as a game engine capable of adding/expanding on individual stories in a populated world fairly easily. Since it's times consume to hand craft 90 - 160 characters to make the world feel more "alive", Vren built several functions to randomly generate characters in a way that looks realistic enough, but definitely have flaws.

At this stage, Tristim and Starbuck are more focused on bug-fixing and converting unique character stories over to a template (love, lust, obedience storylines) that updating the character generation is low on the priority list. If you join their discord server Starbuck has started posting roadmaps of what she plans to accomplish each month.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018

console.

first command to enter is
Code:
long
it will stop renpy from cropping the output (very annoying for long lists)

Code:
list_of_traits[#].name
returns the name of the #th trait (production schemes are mechanicaly a trait too), begins at 0 -> list_of_traits[0].name

Code:
dir(list_of_traits[0])
returns all the fields of the first trait. selected excerpts with more guess than knowing what they do:

attention - increases serum attention penalty containing this trait when sold to public
duration - all traits are summed up to final serum duration
side_affect_chance - all traits are summed up to determine the randomly assigned trait effect chance when unlocking (mastery reduces that chance)
slots - adds trait slots (duh)

to use these, enter like name:
Code:
list_of_traits[0].slots = #
where # is the new number

tip: always use commands without parameters first to see what its set as to get an idea for the usage
Code:
list_of_traits[0].slots
displays as
Code:
list_of_traits[0].slots

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes