4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
You don't need to use the Git / Clone git to use the SDK though, and there's uses for the SDK that I detail later on this post.
Not a criticism or anything, just genuinely curious - how is the SDK method different, from a casual player's perspective, from making copies of base folder and dumping whatever current devbranch .7z is into it?

Haven't really looked into it, but I did notice different enough versions saving in separate appdata folders. I assume SDK guarantees that for each "project?" I guess that'd be one advantage, though I raraly if ever have more than two copies (older, in case newer blows up in unexpected way, and currently played).
The first sentence is a strawman so I won't bother reading your reply, not sure if you just struggle with reading comprehension or you purposefully ignored the context of my reply, but it doesn't matter.
Somehow you already know that I "purposefully ignored" things without even reading what I wrote. Well done, that man.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Not a criticism or anything, just genuinely curious - how is the SDK method different, from a casual player's perspective, from making copies of base folder and dumping whatever current devbranch .7z is into it?

Haven't really looked into it, but I did notice different enough versions saving in separate appdata folders. I assume SDK guarantees that for each "project?" I guess that'd be one advantage, though I raraly if ever have more than two copies (older, in case newer blows up in unexpected way, and currently played).
Somehow you already know that I "purposefully ignored" things without even reading what I wrote. Well done, that man.
Its the time it takes.

+ if the devs go ahead and build the project and release it, then its suddenly a "release" rather than players knowingly getting a work in progress.

Even if players know its a buggy mess when they download a built product, theres still some sort of expectations to it.

Besides, with how fast the dev cycle is with this sort of thing, it still takes like 3-5 minutes to build, then another 3-5 minutes to upload. Thats a lot of time spent each time you fix a small bug or series of bugs.

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
AFAIK You can't produce the original serums but You can create your own serum designs with the same traits once you research them.
Just design a new serum named Red Serum.Used up current stock of Blue or Red Serum before u produce the new design.
Kazzari joined the Discord soon after posting here, and had a lot of his questions (he had so many more :oops:) answered there :p Sometimes it's easier / faster to come to the Discord. (Sometimes. Not everytime :p)

Well, not much indeed, but the SDK method doesn't require you to delete any RPA since you don't copy any. As a result, your final LR2 folder weight 1.61Gb less with the SDK method than with the AIO as a base since AIO methods asks you to keep the character_images.rpa.
Now, the AIO as a base MAY also be able to have its character_images 1.61Gb removed too, that I can't vouch for, since the instructions tells explicitly to not remove it. Maybe it really needs that RPA. Or maybe not and maybe having the Character Folder images you get with the Git branches is enough. But as of the instructions stands right now, SDK method is indeed weighing less.
And, like I said, once you've done the RenPy SDK method once, whether you put your folder inside it or on a dedicated Project folder, all you have to do when you get another is dump the folder inside either SDK folder or Project folder, it's a little bit faster than redoing the AIO as a base.

Also, I have removed the access to the AppData by creating a symlink that redirects nowhere (I was getting frustrated that a lot of files write in appdata each time I launched a RenPy game). So I cannot tell you exactly what happens with it, but what I can tell you, is that it's mostly saving games preferences, saves, and also a backup of the files when you modify a RenPy game. What happens when you remove the ability for games to write there, is that they will write their saves and preferences inside the game folder, and that's the way I prefer it to be.
But, for some reason, RenPy SDK is the only one where it doesn't want to save the preferences inside itself, there's probably a line of code I could change somewhere or create a dedicated symlink that do redirect to the RenPy SDK folder. But I couldn't really care, the saves of LR2 are still getting saved inside LR2 game folder properly as they should.
Apart from that, I don't think it matters much the AppData stuff, by that I mean, the biggest step is that you have your folders named differently in the SDK / Project folder, that is enough to separate them regarding saves and stuff.

But yeah I'd assume too that different projects as long as the folder is named differently have different folders, that would make sense. I don't need or use them since I prevented that to happen. I cannot say what happens if you delete one folder and place another one named the exact same way to replace it though, does it keep the saves and preferences, IDK. But I think it's best to give the folder the month / day you got it, so you don't wonder if that build version released 2 days ago has a lot of stuff you don't have, when you have the date, you can refer to the git update pages and see how many things that were done from the time you got it to the time you're looking at the current changes.

Its the time it takes.

+ if the devs go ahead and build the project and release it, then its suddenly a "release" rather than players knowingly getting a work in progress.

Even if players know its a buggy mess when they download a built product, theres still some sort of expectations to it.

Besides, with how fast the dev cycle is with this sort of thing, it still takes like 3-5 minutes to build, then another 3-5 minutes to upload. Thats a lot of time spent each time you fix a small bug or series of bugs.
He was not talking about building a dev build, but rather when someone casual wants to use a dev build, what would be the difference or advantage of using the SDK method over using the AIO as a base + putting the dev build inside. Or at least so I understood it that way.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Kazzari joined the Discord soon after posting here, and had a lot of his questions (he had so many more :oops:) answered there :p Sometimes it's easier / faster to come to the Discord. (Sometimes. Not everytime :p)

Well, not much indeed, but the SDK method doesn't require you to delete any RPA since you don't copy any. As a result, your final LR2 folder weight 1.61Gb less with the SDK method than with the AIO as a base since AIO methods asks you to keep the character_images.rpa.
Now, the AIO as a base MAY also be able to have its character_images 1.61Gb removed too, that I can't vouch for, since the instructions tells explicitly to not remove it. Maybe it really needs that RPA. Or maybe not and maybe having the Character Folder images you get with the Git branches is enough. But as of the instructions stands right now, SDK method is indeed weighing less.
And, like I said, once you've done the RenPy SDK method once, whether you put your folder inside it or on a dedicated Project folder, all you have to do when you get another is dump the folder inside either SDK folder or Project folder, it's a little bit faster than redoing the AIO as a base.

Also, I have removed the access to the AppData by creating a symlink that redirects nowhere (I was getting frustrated that a lot of files write in appdata each time I launched a RenPy game). So I cannot tell you exactly what happens with it, but what I can tell you, is that it's mostly saving games preferences, saves, and also a backup of the files when you modify a RenPy game. What happens when you remove the ability for games to write there, is that they will write their saves and preferences inside the game folder, and that's the way I prefer it to be.
But, for some reason, RenPy SDK is the only one where it doesn't want to save the preferences inside itself, there's probably a line of code I could change somewhere or create a dedicated symlink that do redirect to the RenPy SDK folder. But I couldn't really care, the saves of LR2 are still getting saved inside LR2 game folder properly as they should.
Apart from that, I don't think it matters much the AppData stuff, by that I mean, the biggest step is that you have your folders named differently in the SDK / Project folder, that is enough to separate them regarding saves and stuff.

But yeah I'd assume too that different projects as long as the folder is named differently have different folders, that would make sense. I don't need or use them since I prevented that to happen. I cannot say what happens if you delete one folder and place another one named the exact same way to replace it though, does it keep the saves and preferences, IDK. But I think it's best to give the folder the month / day you got it, so you don't wonder if that build version released 2 days ago has a lot of stuff you don't have, when you have the date, you can refer to the git update pages and see how many things that were done from the time you got it to the time you're looking at the current changes.

He was not talking about building a dev build, but rather when someone casual wants to use a dev build, what would be the difference or advantage of using the SDK method over using the AIO as a base + putting the dev build inside. Or at least so I understood it that way.
If thats the case, then my advice would be "Do it and see what happens" :p sometimes you learn more by experimenting.

kazzari

Jun 2, 2020
Hi All

i search a way to freeze the MC stamina :unsure: ( i don't understand the logic of loosing so much stamina just in talking to someone , but ok )

i tried with cheat engine , but no clue for the adress type or the value ... and have to refill the stam with the integrated cheat is boring me as fuck :mad:

I'm praying for a mechanical modification of stamina for the game
, for the moment if you go for sex after a discussion the mc was like :

"Oh sorry , i can't fuck you , i talked too much ..." :ROFLMAO:

thx in advance

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Is there any reason to not just set the max amount of raw supplies as high as possible?
You can end up buying way more supplies than you need and end up bankrupting yourself. Later on in the game it probably doesn't matter but early on you can end up in a lot of trouble if you buy too much.

Reactions: pinktoiletpaper

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Your supply team will buy until that given limit is reached. That can very easy drain your finances.

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
Hi All

i search a way to freeze the MC stamina :unsure: ( i don't understand the logic of loosing so much stamina just in talking to someone , but ok )

i tried with cheat engine , but no clue for the adress type or the value ... and have to refill the stam with the integrated cheat is boring me as fuck :mad:

thx in advance
Hi All

thx in advance
I answered in Discord but in case it can serve for others :

Do Shift + O, then type " mc.max_energy=10000" then press enter key, then type "mc.energy=10000" then press enter key, and then press Exit. Do not forget to save. Your MC now have 10 000 energy. Or whatever amount you'd like to set for max_energy and for energy. Be mindful that you need to setup both at the same value, otherwise when the next day come, your energy will be set to the max_energy amount.
So if you do only 10 000 energy but let 400 max energy then next day you will have 400 and not 10 000.
And do not let the % fool you. The % are not what decreases, it's only a % of your energy / max energy. By that I mean small talk takes -15 energy, that then is translated to %. So for example with max_energy at 10 000 and energy at 10 000, it displays that it takes 0% energy, and still deduces -15 energy from the 10 000. So with 10 000 you should be set.

Also, if you want to modify the value of the woman you're talking to, instead of mc, it's "the_person". And then click on the cheat tab on the bottom on the screen to make sure the values were indeed changed.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019
Do Shift + O, then type " mc.max_energy=10000" then press enter key, then type "mc.energy=10000" then press enter key, and then press Exit. Do not forget to save. Your MC now have 10 000 energy. Or whatever amount you'd like to set for max_energy and for energy. Be mindful that you need to setup both at the same value, otherwise when the next day come, your energy will be set to the max_energy amount.
Thanks for this. I was going to reply myself, but I haven't got the game installed right now and forgot the exact console commands (although I've typed them enough times to have them engraved somewhere in my brain). You're a champ!

May 30, 2019
Here's my review of this fantastic game. It was deemed 'inappropriate' because it wasn't clearly evaluative. I'm sad about this, as I really wanted my voice to count for the rating for this game - it's honestly the game I have played for the most and had the most enjoyment on from this site.

Hello HardDeterminist,

Your review, of this thread (Lab Rats 2 - Reformulate [v2023-09] [Tristim/LZ_Starbuck/Trollden]) is not appropriate
This entry into the mind control serum and corruption genre is such an astonishing labour of love that it becomes something awe-inspiring to behold. The effort being put into it must surely make the casual F95 user think that something special is going on, because there is such a busy community around the game. But, how do the players rate it? You can go through these reviews, go through the comments, and find a whole host of astonished reactions. This truly is a game which caters to the desires of people who want to see psychological, outfit and body modification of a whole town full of women. The fact it can do this, while delivering a story, and having management gameplay, truly makes it one of the most notable games on this site.
Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. For that reason we'd advise you to read our Reviewing Rules.[/quote]

I'll just highlight the evaluative comments to make them very clear:

This entry into the mind control serum and corruption genre is such an astonishing labour of love that it becomes something awe-inspiring to behold. The effort being put into it must surely make the casual F95 user think that something special is going on, because there is such a busy community around the game. But, how do the players rate it? You can go through these reviews, go through the comments, and find a whole host of astonished reactions. This truly is a game which caters to the desires of people who want to see psychological, outfit and body modification of a whole town full of women. The fact it can do this, while delivering a story, and having management gameplay, truly makes it one of the most notable games on this site.
If this review isn't detailed enough / objective enough / doesn't cover enough different aspects of the game, I honestly think pretty much any short review (but still over the 200 character limit) is not appropriate on these forums. And that would get rid of at least 30% of the reviews I see, maybe more.

May 30, 2019
If this review isn't detailed enough / objective enough / doesn't cover enough different aspects of the game, I honestly think pretty much any short review (but still over the 200 character limit) is not appropriate on these forums. And that would get rid of at least 30% of the reviews I see, maybe more.
Here's a review that's been up for over 6 months. I'm pretty sure it's no better than my attempt:

The original game was good, but this version is pretty bloody awesome. Hits a LOT of the feelings that the original had, but is even better. The expanded stories from the base game, the new features all work together to turn this into one of the best games out there.

It also mentions another game in the same series, which might be against rules 2 and 3 from the review rating rules thread:
  • Do not mention games from other developers in your review, this is to prevent cross promotion.
  • The review should only be about the game, not the developer (pricing, update times, etc).

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
Thanks for this. I was going to reply myself, but I haven't got the game installed right now and forgot the exact console commands (although I've typed them enough times to have them engraved somewhere in my brain). You're a champ!
With pleasure ! If you look at the cheat.rpy (if you don't have it because you have the .RPA files, you can check on the GitGud page of LR2R, go to the game folder, then cheats folder, then click cheats_mod.rpy if you want to find values like energy, serum tolerance etc, from line 177 to 225 you can find the values like that. And it is then possible to modify the value so that " research_skill " for example is 50 instead of 20, which will boost obviously the research points. So like mc.research_skill=50 or the_person.research_skill=50. Just be mindful that some stats might have no use past their max, like obedience or love may have no interest past 300, if even possible to go above. Unless you want to make them like 10 000 love / obedience so you're sure that basically you can do anything, the time they lose -5 -10 - 15 -2 -3 etc per action or side effect of serum is going to be a long way to reach below 300 :ROFLMAO:
Etc etc. Can be particularly interesting for increasing max employees size or serum tolerance (although I've submitted my serum for merge request, so, with some hope, next AIO will have a serum that allows increasing or decreasing serum tolerance :p

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Is there any reason to not just set the max amount of raw supplies as high as possible?
* supply prices can almost not be modified until your logistics team has high enough levels and corruption to have certain special traits set (iirc supply skills only affect the amount of supplies an employee can rope in).
* production efficiency (how much supply goes into a serum) is pretty much fixed
* serum prices are heavily dependent on sales team qualification.

Setting your aquise too high, you'll buy more than you can use up and sell per tick, causing a negative cash flow up to bankruptcy.

i know its a plot device, but i'd very much like to get rid of the credit taken out to aquire the building. or just throw all the money at mother to stop nagging.

Ascher

Aug 8, 2022
Someone mentioned it and you saw the answer but I'll be adding more so you understand the scope. Someone is actively re-doing all of the renders, all of the positions, all of the bodytypes, all of the faces, and all of the clothing for that These won't be the exact same as currently in the game, as Vren never shared the files or the references for the faces / bodies / positions, so some tweaking will also need to happen coding wise so that the clothing fits.
But just so you understand, last time the person in charge spoke of this, they were done of about 50 000 rendering images. And they were far from done. So you can imagine why it takes so much time. Of course, it's not full renders like VN type stuff where they need to render a whole 1920x1080 scene with the environnement and the male and stuff. But still you can see why and how it takes a lot of time to do.

The endgoal, apart from having newer better visuals, will also be that we will know all the references used for the faces, clothing and can have the exact position files, so, it will enable us to pitch in and create newer positions, add newer clothing (like I would love to see pantyhose, stockings are great but pantyhose...) and bodytypes all that. And there are some positions that are already being thought of by the person in charge, like thighfuck for example.

Hope you understand now the scope of it, and also understand that it IS being currently worked on. So don't lose hope on that.

Yes. I've just finished yesterday an endgame serum that increases serum tolerance to be way higher, that I've submitted to be added to the dev branch (and a recent update also changed the serum tolerance to be randomized for most characters -except some unique ones -from 0 to 4, and capped at 4.)
And once I feel more comfortable with coding, I have plans to make more corruption scenes such as blackmailing employees to fuck their relatives (with or without them knowing they may be fucking their son or friend) or have the husband watch you fuck her, or using (spoiler from a pretty endgame stuff)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but I cannot promise that I will be able to understand the code well enough for that, it's just what I want / hope to do. I've pitched lots of ideas, both here and in the Discord in the Game-Request channel, if not me, maybe someone else might get there eventually. Just know that you're not alone and people may be working on it.

Some people that have gone the AIO + Dec23 (or Dev) branch have had trouble and had to delete more than just the RPAs. For that reason I believe that it's better to just use the RenPy SDK, and as SwissCheese said it above, it must IMPERATIVELY BE 8.1.3, as 8.2.0 will result in crashing at start, not even allowing to play the game.

No, from what I remember, usually before if you had high flirt response it would (often) start a dialogue where the woman asks if you want to fuck her. So I believe it may be a bug or something like that.

I have to disagree with you on a lot of things. First, storylines are not that bad, some of them I do very much like. I get that they may not be for everyone's taste though, and it's okay, it can never please everyone. Some of them you can bypass already, like the Nora storyline for the serum tier increase, you can just pay instead of going through Nora's story. Or also not have Sarah in the game either for the HR position. And I know there's plans to make it so Ellie the IT girl isn't necessary either so that any randomized character can be able to fill her IT position. The idea of letting the player have the freedom to choose is one of the goals of the current "team". It's just that, when you write a story, you don't just first put a " Else then unlock this ", you first write your story, and then you put the outcomes and choices / alternate ways. So yeah, it may seem like the game is trying to trap you in the story, but it has stuff allowing you to bypass it. But some stories may have more bypass choices in the months to come.

For the rest of the content, there are people focusing on clothing, like I said above. It just takes time to render / test all that. People also are working on new features, new gameplay options, new scenes (that aren't storylines). And it gets added alright, if you follow the Dev branch you know there's almost daily updates in the code. In fact, there is way more updates to these types of content than to storylines. Also, you have to understand, the people working on storylines are not necessarily the same ones that do work on the gameplay features. Some of the storylines are Starbuck's,

" generally fat ". That's classy... Well, tell you what, if you hate it, there is an option to change the body types at the start of the game for randomized characters, there's the gym option for non randomized character when you get under 70kg they will be " Standard bodytype ", and also a Cheat option on the bottom you can click when you talk to someone if you want it to be instant without the gym stuff, that allows you to change their bodytype. So that way, you never have to witness in the game what an IRL real woman's body may look like. :oops:

I think I understand what he means. And I agree with the lack of options regarding corruption / " NTR " stuff. It's not " just him not playing the game as intended". Basically, yes, you can corrupt people. But you can almost never see the results that it has with men around. She cheats with you and you get caught by the husband ? No dialogues with him afterwards, at most you will get a notification that they divorced. And that's it. What about relatives ? Nothing. No scenes where the husband is furious that she cheated with you, or asking you why she changed that much, or that you tell him you can arrange his marriage / blackmailing him (maybe asking for money, or for other stuff, IDK). No scenes with any significant other male of a woman (like a son, a cousin, a friend, an uncle, IDK, you name it) that would be interested to change the stats of the aforementioned woman or to revert them, or ask you why she is changing so much. They may shit-talk their husband, but there is close to no option to have interactions that includes them, positively or negatively.

Freeuse is, afaik, only for you in the company. There may be some scene with other employees (I'm not sure if a freeuse woman can be used by other women, haven't tried it much) but you cannot tell a woman to be freeuse for men, to have gangbangs / bukkake, or to service the mailman that would brings the supplies ordered by employees, stuff like that. There's one scene where you can tell an employee to seduce an investor, but you don't see the scene, can't interact, you just tell her to seduce him, it fades and he comes back happy and that's it.

It's like if the MCU for Infinity War and Endgame said " Oh yeah we have that big villain " but then almost never shows him interacting and you learn by some other people that he decimated 50% of the population, but you never saw it happen, nor could interact with him. Yes, technically, " that " happened. But in a sandbox where interaction is king, if there is no option that it matters / is interactable / have a use, then it doesn't really matter much that it happened.

The most you can get is with the Jennifer's stuff. Both from the NTR event at night (needs to be activated in the bedroom MOD settings) that is very limited in what you can do or have, and her boss storyline, which is, being a storyline, not very repeatable (unless you use console commands). Maybe in the future there will be scenes about her being a slut for the boss / coworkers that will be repeatable, but so far there's not. The most repeatable scene from that is when she tells you she has a meeting with a client and ask advice about her clothing. Which once again, you still don't have a follow up, she doesn't tell you how it went, you never hear if she got fucked or not, and even less are able to witness it.

There is a lot that can be improved to feel as if indeed, your corruption does affect them with everyone and not just with you, and has lingering impacts on their relationships that calls for more interesting scenes, instead of just a few lines with no further scenes. Basically, lots of leeway in improvement to have the world feels as a world and not as other men almost don't exist.
I have some problems about mom's story progress...."Give Mom some time to settle in to her new work duties."
I spent a lot of time to play the game ,but I didn't see any more story after this step...How could I get to next step?

Ascher

Aug 8, 2022
There is 1 event for your employees and 1 morning event for your family (after you unlock 3some with mom and sis). Its random but you can off them from your bedroom mod setting IIRC. Both allow you to join in. Just a headup..
Bro,I have some problems about story progress,
One is mom's story"Give mom some time to settle in to her new work duties" .I waited lots of time ,but it didn't work....I have no idea how to get to next steps.
Another problem, It's about Christina Vandenberg's story progress,I tutored several times with Emily, and she graduated from university, but it still notice that I should join the dinner,and corrupt Christina....How can I finish her story next step?

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
I have some problems about mom's story progress...."Give Mom some time to settle in to her new work duties."
I spent a lot of time to play the game ,but I didn't see any more story after this step...How could I get to next step?
You may just have done all the content currently in the game for Jennifer's boss arc, and it may also be the same for Christina (although I haven't done Christina so I may be wrong). Otherwise, some stats needs to be higher to trigger some events although when it displays " Give X some new time " or " Wait .... " either you need to wait or it's end of content for now.

For Jennifer, does it say on the Story Progress that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If so, then you have reached end of content for her, as of 2023.09 AIO. There's more planned thought, do not worry, her boss arc is far from over, but gotta be patient.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes