4.60 star(s) 56 Votes
Apr 21, 2018
For Jennifer, does it say on the Story Progress that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If so, then you have reached end of content for her, as of 2023.09 AIO. There's more planned thought, do not worry, her boss arc is far from over, but gotta be patient.
I think the "new duties" refers to hiring mom instead of progressing her boss storyline. However, the branching plotline of hiring her is currently has only 1 stage. I recall there are other none-plotline crisis for her if she's MC's personal assistant, but that's associated with the role, and not the character.
As for christina, currently the only story events implemented for her are only for when you checks on the player and her daughter during the tutoring, you dining with her (and corrupting her in the process), and at one point she apologises to the MC for having kissed sometime before. It only triggers after the first time she kissed the MC during the diner (so no kissing her out-of-sequence) and also only happens in the evening while she's at her home.
Anyways, has LadyStarbucks settled in her new job yet? It still doesn't seem like there's gonna be signifcant progress on the stories anytime soon.

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
I think the "new duties" refers to hiring mom instead of progressing her boss storyline. However, the branching plotline of hiring her is currently has only 1 stage. I recall there are other none-plotline crisis for her if she's MC's personal assistant, but that's associated with the role, and not the character.
As for christina, currently the only story events implemented for her are only for when you checks on the player and her daughter during the tutoring, you dining with her (and corrupting her in the process), and at one point she apologises to the MC for having kissed sometime before. It only triggers after the first time she kissed the MC during the diner (so no kissing her out-of-sequence) and also only happens in the evening while she's at her home.
Anyways, has LadyStarbucks settled in her new job yet? It still doesn't seem like there's gonna be signifcant progress on the stories anytime soon.
For Jennifer's line, it does appear even if you don't hire her, I checked. In fact, it does appear at least two times in the boss' arc when you don't hire her / before you hire her, hence why I asked in spoilers if the game was stating these other lines to be sure.

For Starbuck she just started her formation, but she said she might try to advance things a little bit, but yeah basically she needs time. And it's a good time to state again that the game is an open source project and people can pitch in and paticipate to the writing of new characters stories / new characters and then asking a merge request in the Git page.

Jubinator

Mar 2, 2021
Im having trouble to progress the story where i can buy the Serum testing room, isnt it locked behind Ashley's obedience story progression? if so it's been stuck on "wait a few days to progress" forever, do i have to do something in a certain order to progress it or is this just a bug? What do i have to do to activate the story progress so i can buy the Serum testing room?

Ondodoher

Jul 2, 2017
I made a wiki for the game, mainly for it's players to write guides for characters (how to progress their stories), because I have noticed that there's sometimes no way of knowing what to do.

(the URL may change later)
Nice idea, for me I have difficulties with the student (Vandenberg), Ashley and the city inspector.

Sep 21, 2019
I made a wiki for the game, mainly for it's players to write guides for characters (how to progress their stories), because I have noticed that there's sometimes no way of knowing what to do.

(the URL may change later)
A+ for effort. I reported the post to ask to pin it into the first page.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I would rather they release a easy build than jumping through all the hoops on gitgud
I don't have that patience and I suppose many others don't have the patience either. I am glad they do all this work on it but a zipped build would be nice for people like me

Apr 21, 2018
I would rather they release a easy build than jumping through all the hoops on gitgud
I don't have that patience and I suppose many others don't have the patience either. I am glad they do all this work on it but a zipped build would be nice for people like me
They are not going to package each git commit for a release -- for one, the develop branch is not ready for release anyway. Work is on going, and so far it's just be refactoring (e.g. consolidating by removing legacy functions so every thing uses the same one for doing the same thing, or adding new functions so that future development use it instead of writing multiple ones that do the same thing but just for each new class). I think I saw some bugfix pushed, but not any new noteworthy mechanics; the dec branch was LadyStarbucks' work and she is taking time off due to work commitments -- so no new story bits either. The Jennifer storyline update, as far as I am concerned, is not yet finished.
The last full release is the most up-to-date stable build, and it's gonna stay that way until either the graphics update is ready or Starbucks finishes new storlines

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I actually provided one on the discord recently.
Just know that the dev build might have errors

Reactions: Burt

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
They are not going to package each git commit for a release -- for one, the develop branch is not ready for release anyway.
Exactly what Deviantfiend said.

I get that it may very well frustrate some people. But if you're saying you don't have the patience to follow a 2min tutorial that says :
- Get AIO (or RenPy SDK version 8.1.3)
- Get Dev folder on Git using the blue button " Source Code : Download as ZIP "
- Delete all but the biggest RPA on AIO folder (Or create a LR2 folder inside RenPy SDK folder)
- Put Dev folder content on AIO folder (Or put Dev folder content onto the newly created LR2 folder that is inside the RenPy SDK Folder)

Then I expect you to clearly not have the patience to deal with the bugs that the current Git build has / fixes that may need you to redo a new game whereas you may very well have started a run and are 2 or 3 hours into it. And I'm not saying this to be mean, but to spare you headaches and hours of play that might result in " But I have to redo all that because there was a bug and the new fix requires to re-do a new game because it doesn't fix the save itself, but the gamecode ".

There's bugs here and there. People would often post redundant issues " Hey so I got this issue or that issue or this crash or that crash ". I get that people don't want to do the Git stuff. But there's a reason the Git stuff is staying on Git for now, and it's because it's not ready and there's bugs, and it's easy to push updates to fix said bugs, while knowing people doing the Git are aware of what may happen, namely that it might require them to redo a new game because said fixes might break the saves to fix the bugs.

And if it's to see people having bugs and issues and complaining here and having to re-download patches here and there on almost a daily basis and repeating it often because not everyone reads or searches if someone else has already asked the question, and if there's a fix already for that, and if the fix possibly requires them to re-do a new game because some variables have changed to fix the bugs and needs to regenerate a new save / new game, then it's not worth publishing an half-assed build that would be this frustrating to the average player that just want a ZIP to download and launch the .exe inside, probably more so frustrating than doing the Git steps knowing it's a beta with bugs they go into with open eyes but that also there's very regular updates that can fix stuff.

The fact it's open source and open to download beta and not hard nor that time consuming to do (like I said above you pretty much have all the steps required for someone to play the beta) is already a big step compared to when people don't have any opportunity to test new stuff and have to wait for devs to publish their build through Patreon / wait for F95 members to post it on F95. Because there's a LOT of transparency for LR2R, you can see exactly what was changed, when, how often, you can get it anytime with the latest fixes, if some people are knowledgeable they can also share ways to fix stuff that can then be implemented to speed up the process, etc.

Hope you can understand better why it's done that way and it's not because it's lazy to do so, it's because it's best for the LR2R community overall to do so, to avoid unnecessary headaches and lost hours you'd put into the game, while still allowing for beta testing, bug hunting, bug fixing, for those brave enough to play the Git builds.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Hope you can understand better why it's done that way and it's not because it's lazy to do so, it's because it's best for the LR2R community overall to do so, to avoid unnecessary headaches and lost hours you'd put into the game, while still allowing for beta testing, bug hunting, bug fixing, for those brave enough to play the Git builds.
And then there's the "unofficial" way to do it that I described before. Haven't tried with Feb revisions (no time to play *sadviolin*), but worked without issues last time.

Seriously, it's literally downloading two files, deleting some explicitly designated ones that are all in one location, and copy-pasta of one into another. It's not a "slam an upside-down moon lander into the ground and call it a success" (those wacky Japanese) rocket science.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
And then there's the "unofficial" way to do it that I described before. Haven't tried with Feb revisions (no time to play *sadviolin*), but worked without issues last time.

Seriously, it's literally downloading two files, deleting some explicitly designated ones that are all in one location, and copy-pasta of one into another. It's not a "slam an upside-down moon lander into the ground and call it a success" (those wacky Japanese) rocket science.
" (those wacky Japanese)" I am Japanese, and I did understand the whole git process I just posted I prefer AIO not sure why that is a problem. It's my preference and I do appreciate the all the dev's work its just I would like if possible an updated AIO when major branches change and it is stable like the old way.
The mod was always a Beta we always had bugs and always will have. If it was a monthly or Bi-Monthly AIO that would satisfy me and many others I would guess its feedback not a demand.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
They are not going to package each git commit for a release -- for one, the develop branch is not ready for release anyway. Work is on going, and so far it's just be refactoring (e.g. consolidating by removing legacy functions so every thing uses the same one for doing the same thing, or adding new functions so that future development use it instead of writing multiple ones that do the same thing but just for each new class). I think I saw some bugfix pushed, but not any new noteworthy mechanics; the dec branch was LadyStarbucks' work and she is taking time off due to work commitments -- so no new story bits either. The Jennifer storyline update, as far as I am concerned, is not yet finished.
The last full release is the most up-to-date stable build, and it's gonna stay that way until either the graphics update is ready or Starbucks finishes new storlines
"They are not going to package each git commit for a release" ?
At what point did I ask for a a new AIO update for every branch bug change? If there is no major push forward I am not expecting anything. If storylines get finished or major branches are extended or closed then I would appreciate that in an AIO

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
"They are not going to package each git commit for a release" ?
At what point did I ask for a a new AIO update for every branch bug change? If there is no major push forward I am not expecting anything. If storylines get finished or major branches are extended or closed then I would appreciate that in an AIO
Not too mention another good reason for an AIO would be that many of the mods for the game have been updated to work with current dev branch or 23 dec version or have partly been included in game in latest versions, since a lot has been changed since last AIO and can not be used atm unless go with current beta's.

So yes I also think it is time where a slight stop on changes could be wise and work on a new consolidated as bugless as possible AIO version, before making further changes, since things like graphics overhaul, making all coding changes envisioned and/or big story updates by Starbuck (with her soon starting new job) might well be months away. :) From a developer perspective it might be better to first make all the changes so are done, but for us players it would be nice if we have a fully usable version with all improvements including ability to use all mods again in the meantime while development on other items goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burt and Jimwalrus

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
I just now noticed, when having a scene with jennifer she doesn't give a option for vaginal stuff, why is that?
Because it's the last taboo for Jennifer, the bigger one since you're her son. Meaning taboos breaks in this order :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well if you read my message you will see that I did mention your way first by talking about AIO base (and the SDK way in parenthesis). :p

I just posted I prefer AIO not sure why that is a problem. It's my preference and I do appreciate the all the dev's work its just I would like if possible an updated AIO when major branches change and it is stable like the old way.
Prefering AIO isn't an issue but you have to understand that the content you're asking for is still available nonetheless, just not in the form you prefer. And what we're saying is, there are reasons why it didn't get an AIO update for some time now.

At first it was scheduled to be one AIO every two months, but Starbuck realized it was too ambitious and went into a 3 months process. Which you can see because we went from 2023.07 to 2023.09, and then we were supposed to have 2023.12 (the 3 months jump instead of 2 months) but personal issues got in the way and made it impossible to get the december update. So other dev stuff that isn't storyline kept getting worked on and then being fixed along the wait.

No matter how (not) frequent the updates are, most likely, you are going to need to re-do a new game because it's easy for stuff getting added that it needs to be generated when creating the universe at launch of the game / not work on an old save. And people involved in this game's dev are doing it out of their free time, for free, as a passion project (which is open source I still will keep telling people that, they can also help dev the game).

For these reasons, would you rather need to spent 30 hours in a new game for 10 more minutes content and a droplet of gameplay addition / changes each (two) month, or have bigger (but less frequent) updates that can be tested all at once and bring the changes all at once, that then brings more to the table when it asks you to re-do a new game ?

Right now, you can still have both, just that the former comes in the form of downloading Git content, allowing for brave people to report issues that can then get fixed, and the latter on the form of an AIO when it's ready enough. Hence putting less pressure on their minds for " wasting a player's time " because it will be " ready enough ".

So yes I also think it is time where a slight stop on changes could be wise and work on a new consolidated as bugless as possible AIO version, before making further changes, since things like graphics overhaul, making all coding changes envisioned and/or big story updates by Starbuck (with her soon starting new job) might well be months away. :)
" consolidating " has been happening for some time now even if some few features here and there still gets added. You can't get " all the improvements " without the bugs that goes with them, until the bugs got fixed.
But it also feels like we were at a turning point where the game got heavily updated in its core code but that's not much seen by the player, and the fact life happened that prevented the storylines from being released when scheduled. Meaning if an AIO gets released, the players might fail to see what the big fuss was about and ask / not understand why did it took that long for not that many visible changes (even if there's still a good numer of them visibles but it might not feel like it was worth a 5 month wait). Especially when that requires them to create a new game and being unable to use an old save.

Which, for the stories, Starbuck plans on separating her current content so it gets added in smaller bunches, easier and faster to fix and add, rather than waiting for the whole big chunk to get fixed. So that hopefully an AIO can be released sooner than later to avoid feeling like players have lost their time trying out that new update.

As for the mods, I'm not sure which " many " mods you're refering to. From what I can see, only 3 or 4 (Kina, Kaiden, Moresome and probably one other I'm forgetting) are getting updated, which seems like half (at best), not " many ". Unless I look at the wrong place, but I'm looking at the Discord mod-release channel.

Ilike3Drend3r

Oct 19, 2022
To break those i just need to try them on her right?
Yes, and there's " quests " associated with them once you break one, as she might feel uneasy about it, and tells you it cannot happen again, you can progress by multiple ways (breaking them a certain number of times to get one option available, or asking her how you can make her change her mind, or telling her it's okay to do so (if she likes or loves incest), some other options might be availables too, and it can break multiple ways, sometimes some events can make it so you can break it. Once you've done one of the options, that ensures that-said taboo stays open and broken instead of reverting to " not being broken ".

Reactions: PlayerUwU
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes