4.60 star(s) 54 Votes

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm not a dev, heck, I'm not a programmer at all! so my opinion hardly matters. it might be fine as a way to tailor special characters stories tho, no?
I'm not enamored with this, but for me it hardly matters - I use cheats and don't actually play - never been past day ~25 with previous build and I had it for a year maybe.
and while I agree that high obed should matter, the whole trance system was made specifically to modify char's opinions, not obedience, that was more a casual command execution.
the idea of expanding game system is nice, but the game was around forever, so modifying systems, that are familiar to long time players would inevitably create discontent.
I don't see why it would create discontent to just add an additional thing that players could choose to do or not do. It would just be the same as when you command a girl to strip for you, she says "do I have to?" and then it gives you the choice between Order Her (if her Obedience is high enough) or Let It Go. And then the same kind of option already is there for sex acts that are too slutty for her, it just doesn't bring that option up for stuff she hates.

Reactions: fjdklsjdflkj

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I've seen those, but mechanically they're not much "better" than just doing the standard Weaken Opinion. In my experience, they tend to have prerequisites (like Sluttiness above a certain number) and they cost as much or more as the normal Weaken option. I think that's more about having specifically tailored dialogue in the opinion-weakening scene, and less about giving players an alternative route to achieve the goal. It would be nice if you could just order them to do it with high enough obedience. Isn't that the whole point of obedience, that people do something even if they don't want to?
I disagree, I think it's much better than the "stock option". Unlike other options that increase in amount the more you use them, the specialized options stay the same price. Furthermore, the specialized options are capable of changing the opinion from hated, to at neutral in one go. That's superior than waiting two time slots, though I don't know what determines how impactful it can be.

Furthermore, I've experienced using that option and had an opinion jump from hate to like. This could have been a fluke, since girls can develop liked from neutral opinions based on orgasms. So it may be that the option reduced it to neutral, and I was lucky to boost it to like from the orgasm.

- I also use the dev branch, so dunno how it defers from the official-

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
I've seen those, but mechanically they're not much "better" than just doing the standard Weaken Opinion. In my experience, they tend to have prerequisites (like Sluttiness above a certain number) and they cost as much or more as the normal Weaken option. I think that's more about having specifically tailored dialogue in the opinion-weakening scene, and less about giving players an alternative route to achieve the goal. It would be nice if you could just order them to do it with high enough obedience. Isn't that the whole point of obedience, that people do something even if they don't want to?
There is a fairly big difference in the mechanic. Depending on a number of factors you can move their hatred several steps at once - I usually get 2 or 3 steps. Unfortunately, they only exist for a few things, like kissing and blowjobs.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
There is a fairly big difference in the mechanic. Depending on a number of factors you can move their hatred several steps at once - I usually get 2 or 3 steps. Unfortunately, they only exist for a few things, like kissing and blowjobs.
Okay fine, they might ultimately be a little cheaper (if you can get 2 or 3 steps for the price of 1, or even less) than the normal weakening option, but they still aren't really a distinctly alternate route. They aren't "a way to overcome hated opinions without weakening them," which is what the original question asked.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Okay fine, they might ultimately be a little cheaper (if you can get 2 or 3 steps for the price of 1, or even less) than the normal weakening option, but they still aren't really a distinctly alternate route. They aren't "a way to overcome hated opinions without weakening them," which is what the original question asked.
That's a fair point. I don't know the answer to this exactly, since I mostly just edit opinions either through cheating or trances. Someone else should chime in since I'm only like 70% confident, but I believe that serums also change opinions as well. Pretty sure the nanobots have an impact, and things like skin sensitivity likely impacts not wearing underwear and not wearing anything. Other traits likely have additional effects too, I'm just not confident what they are.

SDN111

Sep 26, 2023
Is there a way to overcome hated opinions without weakening them? Or is "hates vaginal" definite with no way around it?
You fuck them in that position/method and make them cut enough times that they then naturally improve their view of it.

Later MC perks (serums) can have partners do any position with you regardless of their opinion.

Dev branch recently added nanobots being able to effect hatred properly according to a patch note.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
You fuck them in that position/method and make them cut enough times that they then naturally improve their view of it.
AFIAK, this only works for non-hated opinions. Hated opinions are completely blocked in the sex menu. Some of the sub options may work (such as fingering during oral), and some events may fire hated sex if no better option is viable, but neither is reliable enough to do anything.

Reactions: rb813

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Just like they forgot to put "This scene has yet to be written".
If I'm reading the commit messages correctly, this has been fixed in dev.

Is there a way to overcome hated opinions without weakening them? Or is "hates vaginal" definite with no way around it?
The nanobot traits, as someone else stated, have recently been patched in the "dev" branch to update hated opinions correctly.

new mechanic was introduced - when discovered and girl is in a deep (very deep?) trance (some other req?) in trance menu appears options to deal with those hated opinions. choosing them send you to a scene, where you try to persuade girl to commit hated activity, and depending on your success in delivering, hate level will be lowered or not. maybe it's for some girls? only encountered those scenes a couple of times... sorry, can't remember. so: go forth and explore!
It's something else, not sure what the reqs are. It might literally just be "whether dialogue has been written for pushing her past this opinion or not".

Harem mansion need some work. it's too dull and simple cos everyone staying in same room lol
Man, the entire GAME needs some work. Kinda tough when there is one (1) person who consistently writes content and she's been slammed for the last 4? 6? months with RL stuff + new job stuff & hasn't been able to produce anything else *for free* lately.

Please do try to keep in mind that no one (currently) working on this game is getting paid for it. At all.

That's a big part of why I keep suggesting that others are free to create content of their own - this is all volunteer work. The more people we have working on stuff, the more stuff gets worked on. :)

SDN111

Sep 26, 2023
AFIAK, this only works for non-hated opinions. Hated opinions are completely blocked in the sex menu. Some of the sub options may work (such as fingering during oral), and some events may fire hated sex if no better option is viable, but neither is reliable enough to do anything.
There is literally a perk of MC serums which allows sex with people regardless of that person's opinion on the act. I have not used it recently I can not say with certainty that it does work on sex categories but both how it is worded and my recollections say it does actually work that way.

MC serum
Class AURA
Aura of Compliance
Girls near you slowly gain obedience up to 250 and never refuse any favors, have +20 obedience during sex, and never refuse a sex position based on her opinions.
Tier: 3

The above is literally what is said in the Personal Serum(s) menu.

Reactions: chainedpanda

Leks Darkmind

Jul 10, 2022
I just realized what I want: auto wardrobe export\import - for starting new games with already modified sets.
coz editing wardrobes for 10+ girls on every new game is not gonna happen and their defaults are not to my liking.

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
I just realized what I want: auto wardrobe export\import - for starting new games with already modified sets.
coz editing wardrobes for 10+ girls on every new game is not gonna happen and their defaults are not to my liking.
There's manual export/import already - probably the closest you're gonna get, man.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
UnRen is no longer in development, it doesn't support latest Ren'Py versions (there are workarounds).
but there is a successor that should work just fine (used it on v2024.5a)
I finally got around to trying UnrenGUI with this game (that's the one you meant, right?). When I check all the boxes under Executable Commands and then click Execute, it says "all commands are finished," but all of the script files are still just RPA. What am I missing?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It feels like the event where your employee comes to your house after the guy she was on a date with told her he was married happens a lot more often in this version.

Leks Darkmind

Jul 10, 2022
There's manual export/import already - probably the closest you're gonna get, man.
funny thing is - it should be easy to implement. even making general menu list all clothes and export\import in bulk will do most of the work.

I finally got around to trying UnrenGUI with this game (that's the one you meant, right?). When I check all the boxes under Executable Commands and then click Execute, it says "all commands are finished," but all of the script files are still just RPA. What am I missing?
nope. just console version (UnRen-forall v9.4). you may also try powershell version. just for lolz - you're on win 10x64, right?

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
is it normal for this game to be laggy as shit right from the main menu? No matter how i launch it it seems like it's just gonna lag.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
is it normal for this game to be laggy as shit right from the main menu? No matter how i launch it it seems like it's just gonna lag.
This game take a bit more power than your usual ren'py game. If you have an older computer, there probably is going to be some slowdown.

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
This game take a bit more power than your usual ren'py game. If you have an older computer, there probably is going to be some slowdown.
I have a ryzen 9 and an rtx 3070... I can literally run crysis using software acceleration lol, so it ain't my PC being old.

4.60 star(s) 54 Votes