4.60 star(s) 54 Votes

Zybe

Aug 18, 2020
I personally don't think anythings changed. I've always had the event fire too often for my liking and although Steph is generally the most common one, It's not uncommon for other girls to be involved instead.
On the previous AIO version (the one from last year) the event only ever triggered for Stephanie in all of my different runs through the game. This latest AIO is the first time I've had it trigger for other characters, and it triggers a LOT.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
On the previous AIO version (the one from last year) the event only ever triggered for Stephanie in all of my different runs through the game. This latest AIO is the first time I've had it trigger for other characters, and it triggers a LOT.
in the mc's bedroom, you can change the incidence of different events when your RNG is fucked.

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
the last informed decision everyone followed unanimous regarding game performance is dont activate the animations, the individual images dont unload properly and cause a memory hole.
That wasn't the cause of my problem, i was getting lag on the main menu, wasn't even playing yet.

My problem was that for some reason this game lags to death on linux, i'm quite curious why, but i managed to fix it by using Zink to run it on vulkan instead :LOL:

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
That wasn't the cause of my problem, i was getting lag on the main menu, wasn't even playing yet.

My problem was that for some reason this game lags to death on linux, i'm quite curious why, but i managed to fix it by using Zink to run it on vulkan instead :LOL:
you know the early developers, with limited memory and processing power, made a science out of optimizing stack code so as few jumps and instructions as possible were used?
im thinking thats the same problem here because its not optimized for linux. too many things happening at the same time or in inefficient code that doesnt run smoothly in that kernel.

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
you know the early developers, with limited memory and processing power, made a science out of optimizing stack code so as few jumps and instructions as possible were used?
im thinking thats the same problem here because its not optimized for linux. too many things happening at the same time or in inefficient code that doesnt run smoothly in that kernel.
welll it's definitely a kernel level issue considering it happened the same on amdgpu and nvidia proprietary drivers, i didn't test with nouveau but if it happened on amdgpu odds are it'd happen on nouveau as well. But using zink (it's like dxvk but for opengl instead of directx) somehow solved the issue.

It'd be an interesting bug to report, but honestly what am i gonna say? "Hey Linus, this renpy hentai game lags like crazy on linux but not on windows, plz fix"? :LOL:

I suppose it could also be an issue with renpy itself, but i doubt it strongly because then running the game through wine should have fixed it, but it didn't.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
welll it's definitely a kernel level issue considering it happened the same on amdgpu and nvidia proprietary drivers, i didn't test with nouveau but if it happened on amdgpu odds are it'd happen on nouveau as well. But using zink (it's like dxvk but for opengl instead of directx) somehow solved the issue.

It'd be an interesting bug to report, but honestly what am i gonna say? "Hey Linus, this renpy hentai game lags like crazy on linux but not on windows, plz fix"? :LOL:

I suppose it could also be an issue with renpy itself, but i doubt it strongly because then running the game through wine should have fixed it, but it didn't.
Oh snap, a random Linus name drop.
(pun intended. I'm watching techlinked).

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
so i met the daughter of mom's boss and she introduced herself with title instead of name. camwhore, lol

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
By "poke him" do you mean that he'll respond to DM's, or is there a channel in the Discord for something like this?
There's a "game requests" channel, a "game discussion" channel, and i meant you could @ him there and he might respond if he feels like it. I personally try not to ping him directly unless it seems necessary, but finding out about something like that seems like it'd fit the bill.

Just asked tho and she's actually one of Vren's characters, not a net-new OC. Still worth asking in one of the channels if there's any plans to make her a more complete person or not, but i wouldn't personally go bugging trist directly about it.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
By "poke him" do you mean that he'll respond to DM's, or is there a channel in the Discord for something like this?
There's a "game requests" channel, a "game discussion" channel, and i meant you could @ him there and he might respond if he feels like it. I personally try not to ping him directly unless it seems necessary, but finding out about something like that seems like it'd fit the bill.

Just asked tho and she's actually one of Vren's characters, not a net-new OC. Still worth asking in one of the channels if there's any plans to make her a more complete person or not, but i wouldn't personally go bugging trist directly about it.

I don't recommend suggesting people to just start @-Ing people. That shits really annoying, and it's why very few people actually do it in the server. Furthermore, doesn't do much of the character work, Starbuck does. From what I've seen, Trist cleans everything up, fixes bugs, and generally keeps everything running smoothly.

Whatever the case, stuff related to the rep will likely fall into Starbucks territory. That said, I doubt there is anything concrete planned for her rn. Starbuck is quite busy IRL right now, but she seems to be focusing on improving existing characters like Rebecca rather than messing with characters that have virtually no content.

If you actually want something more substantial, you're best bet would be to just ask in general chat (don't @ anyone). It's possible that Starbuck may see it and reply, or one of the more active members/modders my be able to answer in her place.

(edit: Lol I just @-ed someone named "ing")

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
In my current playthrough, I've been trying to make sure I only fuck girls who have 100% novelty. As I understand, that means 5 days after the last time they made me cum. I keep an external record of that so I don't have to constantly be checking everyone's stats page. There have been a couple times when I knew they had gotten -5% novelty less than 5 days ago, but I checked their stats anyway, and novelty was already back to 100%. Is there anything else that would affect the speed of novelty coming back?

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I don't even know what novelty means and does in this game.
Novelty is a score given to each girl every time the player orgasms around her. It's one of the factors that impacts the amount of clarity you receive from an orgasm. It starts at 100, and decreases by 5 each time. It increases over time, but I don't know the actual rate.

It was added by the original creator in an attempt to increase the games difficulty since people used to just use Stephanie as their personal cum rag for fast and easy clarity.

There is a novelty score for masturbation actions as well that works the same way.

Reactions: Juliop

jeztie

Jun 24, 2018
Is there any way to reenable animations? I was playing 2023.09 version and animations were working fine. Now that I'm on 2024.05B, I can no longer see animations. I am aware they were causing other players problems, but they were never an issue for me. I don't see it in the preferences. Is it possible to reenable them?

fplay8881

Feb 12, 2020
In my current playthrough, I've been trying to make sure I only fuck girls who have 100% novelty. As I understand, that means 5 days after the last time they made me cum. I keep an external record of that so I don't have to constantly be checking everyone's stats page. There have been a couple times when I knew they had gotten -5% novelty less than 5 days ago, but I checked their stats anyway, and novelty was already back to 100%. Is there anything else that would affect the speed of novelty coming back?
they get +5 novelty for every taboo break.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
they get +5 novelty for every taboo break.
I've been playing this game for so long and I never realized that. Thanks!

Is there any way to reenable animations? I was playing 2023.09 version and animations were working fine. Now that I'm on 2024.05B, I can no longer see animations.
What animations are we talking about? Like the clothes kinda fading when they're put on or taken off?

Jun 8, 2017
Man I wonder how long the game is to get finish every unique/main girl events, get all the upgrades for the company, and max out each girl's stats. Even using cheats, and with the game set to the fastest/easiest settings; I was still getting a few girls introduced/events that I didn't see before hours into the game when I thought I had seen everything. With the default game length settings and playing legit; this game would be like Baldur's Gate 3 in length.

4.60 star(s) 54 Votes