4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
With the default game length settings and playing legit; this game would be like Baldur's Gate 3 in length.
...and about half as much sex!

welll it's definitely a kernel level issue considering it happened the same on amdgpu and nvidia proprietary drivers, i didn't test with nouveau but if it happened on amdgpu odds are it'd happen on nouveau as well. But using zink (it's like dxvk but for opengl instead of directx) somehow solved the issue.

It'd be an interesting bug to report, but honestly what am i gonna say? "Hey Linus, this renpy hentai game lags like crazy on linux but not on windows, plz fix"? :LOL:

I suppose it could also be an issue with renpy itself, but i doubt it strongly because then running the game through wine should have fixed it, but it didn't.
Out of curiosity, which flavor are you running? I'm thinking about starting to refamiliarize myself with the ol' *nix ecosystem with MS's latest "feature" announcement, and would prefer to start with one that has a solid driver built in. The lower Hasselhof's Hassle Hurdle is, the happier I am - if you see what I mean.

Any new growth stages and visuals added to the new version or they aren't doing it yet?
Right now we're working on getting the existing models replaced 1:1 with spacially identical copies - i.e., the images take up the same amount of space on the screen. That way, the existing hair/clothes/etc all still work but we also have the ability for people to go out and make their own new stuff. I expect that bigger body parts will likely be among the first things that are added, based on how many people are asking for them; the trick will be getting someone to actually DO it (since each body part will need to be rendered in each pose and will need to have a copy of each applicable wearable added so that things don't clip horribly, the way that, say, garter belts do right now when the girl's in the kneeling pose).

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
Out of curiosity, which flavor are you running? I'm thinking about starting to refamiliarize myself with the ol' *nix ecosystem with MS's latest "feature" announcement, and would prefer to start with one that has a solid driver built in. The lower Hasselhof's Hassle Hurdle is, the happier I am - if you see what I mean.
I am running endeavouros, you don't really have to worry about solid drivers built in, 99.9% of drivers for linux are in the kernel, like actually built into it. Some distros maybe compile the kernel with more drivers enabled by default, or just simply a newer kernel which means more up to date drivers which means better driver support, but you're only really likely to run into driver issues if you have extremely new hardware. Or if you use Nvidia GPUs which require a proprietary driver that most distros don't install for you (endeavouros does though provided you sele)ct the option to boot with those drivers enabled when you install it, but installing them afterwards is trivial too, how you install the nvidia drivers tends to be unique to each distro so never expect it to work the same between 2 distros, even if they're both arch based distros it probably won't be the same)

endeavouros is arch based. it's rolling release which means getting the latest and greatest of all software is easy compared to most distros (this includes drivers, and tends to be important to gamers like us) and for packages that aren't officially supported, it's usually easy to install them through AUR (this is basically my main reason for using arch based distros, can't live without AUR, because it basically fixes that problem unless i'm looking for a really really rare application or driver that almost nobody in the world uses).

as an arch based os it's more for intermediate users than beginners, but i wholeheartedly recommend it anyways because it also makes it easier to become an intermediate user than say something like ubuntu, though if you do want something closer to ubuntu your best bet would be fedora probably.

nixos has also recently been getting popular so might be worth looking at, but i wholeheartedly recommend against it, beacuse it really is an ecccentric and unique os.

And lastly, if you're switching from windows to linux there is just one thing that will determine if you succeed or fail.

That thing is willingness to learn and find new ways to do things, linux is not windows and will never be windows so things don't always work as you expect them to, this can be extremely frustrating if you're not in the right mindset.

And like i recently told someone, starting the journey to becoming a linux power user (as opposed to average consumer that'd be happy on chromeos) I recommend beginning with these 3 things.

1: Familiarize yourself with linux package management and how it differs from windows (it's fairly easy to understand because microsoft store, google play and the app store are all very heavily based on linux package management, they're like an inferior version to the average linux package manager imo) try to understand why it is better (update all apps with 1 button, less bloat/less space taken up by packages, generally don't need to browse the web to install shit) and what it's drawbacks are (the only real drawback is generally not being able to find software online, download and install it as simply as on windows, hence why i love AUR).
2: Get comfy with terminals, unless your entire desktop experience happens in a browser, you'll probably end up using them more than you expected. (Tip: Tab is autocomplete. Abuse the living shit out of this button and you will get comfy with terminals quite fast.Tip: man <command> and <command> --help will give you manual pages/information abotu how to use specific applications from the terminal on a case by case basis). For someone who has spent their whole life on windows terminals are intimidating at first, but i've been there myself, and trust me, you'll eventually love using them for certain things (like package management!) if you just give them a chance.
3: learn the basic linux filesystem structure. You understand how windows is structured (C:\Windows C:\Program Files etc, you know what these things are, you need to understand the linux equivalent, what does / mean? What is /etc/ what is /usr/bin what is /home/ and so on.) once you understand this, you will know where to look for things when you need to find them, it's like orienting yourself to know which way is up and which is down.

Unfortunately it can be a reality that using linux is a hassle, this isn't actually because linux is inherently more of a hassle than windows, though it sure is for certain things (but you get used to it until it stops really feeling like a hassle, most of the 'hassle' is set it and forget it type stuff anyhow), the real reason it turns out being such a hassle is that you have more choices, a lot more cohices, and sometimes you want to make 2 choices that aren't really compatible so you need to do stuff to force them to be compatible and so on...

Kinda similar to modding really, you know mod A works great with mod B but breaks mod C unless you use a specific patch (on linux usually it'd just be as etting you need to enable tho); but this is where distros come in, distros tend to come with great ready-to-use experiences out of the box, and you only run into these kinds of situations if you want to deviate too far from that base experience that the distro devs meticulously puzzled together for you. It's not really as bad as i'm making it sound but this is generally how people end up going down rabbit holes on linux.

The reason you don't deal with situations like this on windows, isn't because you wouldn't want to, it's that windows doesn't let you, microsoft decided what desktop environment you used for you, it decided what core system settings are used for you and you can only change a very small handful of these settings, if you don't like something microsoft chose? well too fuckin bad, deal with it. This is the windows experience see, you're so used to it that you probably don't even realize it. Changing global keybinds? I've wanted to do that on windows but it's literally not possible. It's the easiest thing in the world on Linux, just as one example. The more time you spend away from windows, the more the things you hate about it pop up to you when you return to it, things you didn't have to deal with on linux.

But on linux, you never have to 'settle' for anything, you can go down an endless rabbit hole of customization until your desktop experience is perfect, but it is a rabbit hole because you may end up needing to tweak the whole operating system down to the very kernel depending on how elaborate your desires are. This makes linux seem like more of a hassle than windows, but if you're willing to accept the out of the box experiences on a distro, you don't go down rabbit holes and it's barely any more hassle than windows is.

PS: I say linux isnt' windows and never will be, but to some people that's more of a challenge to accept than a fact to deal with.

I wouldn't actually be able to tell thatisn't windows if i didn't already know...

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvey Danger
Jun 8, 2017
This is hands down, one of my favorite games now. It ticks all my favorite boxes: incest, impregnation, corruption, and customizable characters. The flavor text and dialog that changes depending on what is going on, what you previously did, and the NPC's current traits are fantastic attention to detail. Personally, the only thing that is missing is a serum that can turn males into females so you can have the ultimate harem. Games like this and Lilith’s Throne are my favorites for the sheer number of customization you can have; and it is how sandbox/open-world lewd games should function, in my opinion. Rather than have the player wander around empty world locations looking for the next event trigger and wasting time, the open world should have non-unique, randomly generated NPCs you can pursue. Please let me know if I should check out any other games with mechanisms similar to corruption, NPC generation, impregnation, and customization.

The creators of this mod/expansion for this game deserve a medal for their work on Lab Rats 2. I liked Vren's first Lab Rats, but the second one was way too annoying to play through. The customization for NPC generation (including getting an option to remove some of the God-awful hairstyles and body options that made some NPCs look horrendous) and the built-in cheat menus to customize NPC stats, opinions, and even appearance without having to use console commands should be the gold standard of how cheats should work in games. I can't imagine the insanity players who wanted to go through before it was implemented. Plus, there is the option to shorten the time between game event firing and even change their frequency.

Also, I have a few questions:

1. I heard about the daughter of Jennifer's boss being a character, so I played through the game for the third time while making saves at pivotal points. I usually recruit Jennifer as an employee as soon as I have the option to, but I wanted to see how far the office story path goes. I managed to get Jennifer to be hired as the personal secretary for her boss; is the scene where you meet with the boss and his daughter where the current story ends? After meeting the daughter and the boss, I elected the "Offer "to help the boss with your mom" option, and no further scenes happened. The daughter doesn't appear as an NPC in the world after that, and after playing for a few in-game weeks; Jennifer doesn't seem to have any more scenes where she says the boss does anything to her (outside of picking an outfit for a meeting). I was wondering if there is anything I missed because when I try to hire her, the game says that doing so will lock out her "office"slut" path, so I just wanted to make sure. For the NTR fans: her coming home and telling your character things the boss made her do, like making her suck his dick during a meeting, telling her to get off her birth control (if you haven't done so already), and then finally impregnating your mom would be pretty hot. Also, I was wondering if there is any more content outside of texting the boss's daughter as if right now, she always says she's at her house (which I don't have the address to), and I can never run into her.

2. Is the basement dungeon implemented completely yet? I tried it out by giving a serum to a random NPC to get her suggestion high enough to follow me into my dungeon. After "enslaving" her and giving her a collar, she just leaves as if I left the front door unlocked or something. I was expecting her to be chained to the bed or a BDSM X-cross, and you can force feed her serums and have your way with her until she becomes an obedient, mind-broken slave, but nope, she just leaves like it's a part-time job for her.
In all, I think this is one of the best adult games I have played personally, and the open world nature with randomly generated NPCs and a robust cheat system gives it replayability and lets players get right into the action (nothing wrong with playing it legitly but I don't downtime for that).

chessnob

Mar 6, 2020
The answer is simple, it got removed, it was too buggy and had an extremely negative impact on game performance.
That's a pity, didn't notice any bugs or performance issues with it. Would have been nice to keep it but perhaps add a few extra warnings.

jeztie

Jun 24, 2018
The answer is simple, it got removed, it was too buggy and had an extremely negative impact on game performance.
Any chance you can add it back? I never ran into game performance issues and it was a general plus as a feature for me. Not to mention, it was easy to disable, and the code itself was never getting in the way of the rest of the project (from what I can see based on the git code).

I went ahead and added the animation code back into the game. If you run into bugs, please let me know and I'll try to fix them (I haven't extensively tested this code yet). I will likely keep adding this code back into the game if it doesn't get added back by developers about once per year. Please like this comment if animations are a plus for you to show developers you would like them as an option in future updates. Thanks.

Instructions: extract the zip, and copy the game folder into your main game directory. Overwrite if it asks you to. Keep in mind this is just the old animation code, and if the previous one was too buggy for you, this one will be as well. (Not compatible with previous saves, new game is needed).

Last edited:

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
Didn't really find an answer in the thread search:

Are threesomes an actual feature?

Some story and reward texts mention this, but i tried everything - arranging "harem sleepover", or just getting several women to follow me, get them naked in the same place, etc.

But there seems to be only one participant in the sex actions, no matter what.
So you can't swap the partner, or do multiple actions with both.

Crichton1

May 18, 2024
My biggest problem is that I like to cheat when I play. I have no idea what playstyle lends itself best to the story. I think I mess up the storylines by trying to get stats to a certain point before moving forward.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018

Some story and reward texts mention this, but i tried everything - arranging "harem sleepover", or just getting several women to follow me, get them naked in the same place, etc.

All sex acts begin with just one girl, but if there are other girls in the same area who are sufficiently kinky (which probably means high Sluttiness, positive opinion of threesomes, etc.), then they may ask to join in. Positions are pretty limited, though. I'm not a big fan of the threesomes in this game from a strictly visual perspective.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: tretch95

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017

Kind of, they are completely random and can be finicky at the best of times. The girls need high slut and like-love threesomes. Even if you get them to trigger, I wouldn't expect a robust system. Pretty sure they were initially created by Vren, but sex mechanics have been tweaked in the mod, but haven't had any sort of major overhaul.

So unless you just want to see if they exist, they aren't really worth it outside of events.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It looks like the Social Media Advertising work duty has no impact unless the employee is in the marketing division. Is that correct, or is it just a very small impact that takes a while to be noticeable?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The only issues I've ever ran into being locked out of a character's story was with Ellie. According to the discord, her early story events depend on Stephanie, and if you progress Stephanie's relationship too far before advancing your serum tiers, Ellie's taboo breaking events won't trigger. The trap caught me because I like to research all the available serums before advancing the serum tier, and since that took so much extra time, Stephanie was mostly corrupted before Ellie even showed up.
This comment keeps coming back into my head, and now I'm worried about doing anything with Stephanie at all. Can you be more specific about what you can or can't do with Stephanie before Ellie shows up (if you don't want to lock out Ellie's events)?

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
The creators of this mod/expansion for this game deserve a medal for their work on Lab Rats 2.
Agreed! (My (slightly) being one of them is definitely not biasing my opinion, why would you even think that. ;) )

Also, I have a few questions:

1. (Jennifer/boss's-daughter stuff)
I believe in this sense that "office slut" is more meant to mean what she becomes if you have her quit her existing job and then hire her yourself. I'm very likely wrong about this; the "I LIVE AT HOME WITH MY MOM AND ONE TO THREE SISTERS" trope is my biggest annoyance in this category and as such I tend to avoid most such content - especially when the game is as expansive as LR2 is. Anyway. As far as her boss's daughter and related content, what serum tier are you at?

1. Is the basement dungeon implemented completely yet? I tried it out by giving a serum to a random NPC to get her suggestion high enough to follow me into my dungeon. After "enslaving" her and giving her a collar, she just leaves as if I left the front door unlocked or something. I was expecting her to be chained to the bed or a BDSM X-cross, and you can force feed her serums and have your way with her until she becomes an obedient, mind-broken slave, but nope, she just leaves like it's a part-time job for her.
Right now, the basement dungeon (and the BDSM room in the strip club) is a special room that lets you assign the "slave" role to sufficiently obedient/into-it NPCs. Slaves have I think 5 additional commands compared to most non-slaves outside of sex scenes (
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
), and one additional foreplay position. If you haven't turned it off, there's also an event that will fire occasionally if you don't interact with her for long enough, but not much other than that I don't think. Good news is, if she's obedient enough to accept the "slave" role, she'll definitely accept whatever serum you wanna give her - you just have to go find her on the map each turn is all.

My biggest problem is that I like to cheat when I play. I have no idea what playstyle lends itself best to the story. I think I mess up the storylines by trying to get stats to a certain point before moving forward.
VERY likely, yes. Several key story NPCs have sex stuff explicitly tied to their own stories' progression points.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes