4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Redypsrebyc

Dec 25, 2016
I'm not sure the relationship improvement and breakup events for unrelated girls are firing properly in the mod. I saw one once towards the beginning of the game, and then never again, even after boosting the weight to 50 and spamming my way through a bunch of days doing nothing to check. Bunch of training sessions, no new relationships.

Hard for me to check out the problem in the code, though; the crisis selection section in the mod is a little over my head.

edit: Wait, I think I figured it out. It's not the crisis selection section at all, it's the mod's version of the specific crisis requirement.

Code:
if not person.title is None and not person.relationship == "Married" and person.relationship in relationship_worsen_stats and person.love <= relationship_worsen_stats[person.relationship] + (person.get_opinion_score("cheating on men") * 5) :
"Single" is not in "relationship_worsen_stats," so single girls are ineligible to form a relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tristim

metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
I'm using the 29.1 versions of Bugfix and Mod from the OP (files dated 15/06/2020) and I've had no problems making mom, sister, aunt and cousin into slaves. I haven't tried either Stephanie or Ashley yet though.

Are you sure the characters you're trying to turn into slaves meet the requirements?
this is what i get when i try to turn my anyone into a slave
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9862, in script call
    $ talk_action.call_action(picked_option)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9906, in script call
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9897, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Room/actions/dungeon_room_actions.rpy", line 63, in script
    if person_choice == "Back":
  File "game/Mods/Room/actions/dungeon_room_actions.rpy", line 65, in <module>
    elif person.personality is alpha_personality:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'personality'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.1
Wed Jun 24 01:19:03 2020

Last edited:

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
this is what i get when i try to turn my anyone into a slave
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\phil\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.1
Wed Jun 24 01:19:03 2020
What is the character's Obedience? Does the character have the "Being submissive" opinion as a Like or Love? I can see from your traceback that you are using Lab Rats 2 v0.29.1 but that's only the version of the base game, so which versions of the Bugfix and Mod are you using? Are you using newer beta versions? (check the date and timestamp of the files in the archive you downloaded)

Fondness

Jul 11, 2017
Oops. I fucked up.

So, there I was getting irritated by the essential oils quest and I was like "oh hey the changelog shows a fix for it" and downloading the latest bugfix/mod release and copy pasted it over my game folder like what I did in previous versions of the game.

Thing is, for 29.1 I downloaded the full version link on this thread's OP instead of downloading from the main game thread. So now my game is having an error saying I've got twice of every file and won't let me play anymore. No big deal, I'll just download off the main LR2 page and re-play the game. Just that what do we do if we want to update the Lab_Rats_2_Mod version? I don't think I saw any instructions, but then I kinda did just gloss over the OP so maybe I missed it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oops. I fucked up.

So, there I was getting irritated by the essential oils quest and I was like "oh hey the changelog shows a fix for it" and downloading the latest bugfix/mod release and copy pasted it over my game folder like what I did in previous versions of the game.

Thing is, for 29.1 I downloaded the full version link on this thread's OP instead of downloading from the main game thread. So now my game is having an error saying I've got twice of every file and won't let me play anymore. No big deal, I'll just download off the main LR2 page and re-play the game. Just that what do we do if we want to update the Lab_Rats_2_Mod version? I don't think I saw any instructions, but then I kinda did just gloss over the OP so maybe I missed it.
There are instructions, just empty your mod file in game directory and patch in the new mod file. You can just overwrite the bug fixes file. To be more sure just copy your save files, delete the game and download the complete modded game file at bottom of OP.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Oops. I fucked up.

For updating the LR2 "market" version you'll either have to re-download the entire zip file or delete the scripts.rpa (which is a packaged version of all the vanilla scripts including the Modded scripts) then obtain the original scripts from the vanilla game and the scripts from the Mods folder and place them inside the game folder.

To extract the files either download an RenPy RPA unpacker or find them within the downloads of the original version of the game.

Reactions: Fondness

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
2 versions before this version the animations worked without errors. I know you guys say they bug the game but it adds to the excitement them jumping up & down shaking their tits & moving while having sex. Anyway to fix it like earlier versions without the errors? By the way, y'all s mod makes this game tons better! mo power to you guys.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Oops. I fucked up.

Best practise is to NEVER copy paste over an existing install of any game, especially one like LR2 that has mods. There's a few reasons for this but the main reason is that filenames can change and/or some files may get removed from the game and/or mod. If you have those now useless files left behind they can cause problems. As such it's always best to delete the contents of your game's install folder and then you can do a proper clean install of the game and any mods or other extras.

Don't worry too much about your save games, Ren'py games store save game files in TWO locations: one in the "..\game\saves" folder and a duplicate in the "C:\Users\<insert your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\xxxx" folder (the actual folder at the end will usually be the name of the game with some numbers after it) so, for Lab Rats 2 the full path for that folder would be C:\Users\<insert your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508 (the numbers you see at the end may be different). This means that you can safely delete the save folder in the install folder of the game and, once you've installed a new version, the first time you run the game it will simply use the copy of the saves and the persistent file (that's the file that stores your game settings such as fullscreen, sound volume etc) from that second folder. Obviously any save games that you delete from within the game will be deleted from both locations.

metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
What is the character's Obedience? Does the character have the "Being submissive" opinion as a Like or Love? I can see from your traceback that you are using Lab Rats 2 v0.29.1 but that's only the version of the base game, so which versions of the Bugfix and Mod are you using? Are you using newer beta versions? (check the date and timestamp of the files in the archive you downloaded)
They all had high obedience and all loved being submissive. But it doesn't matter anymore, i had about 4 versions of lab rats 2 on various hard drives and 2 back up save locations hidden on my c drive. So i deleted them, saves and all and started completely fresh, so we shall see :)

Z10bin

Oct 22, 2016
New system, all work.

I have a question - how to auto reinit fonts in a game? Original fonts support only eng encoding. Each update should rewrite the configs.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
New system, all work.

I have a question - how to auto reinit fonts in a game? Original fonts support only eng encoding. Each update should rewrite the configs.
Try inputting style.rebuild() into the console, it's responsible for re- initializing the various style properties for textbuttons and text, but I'm not sure if it also takes care of fonts in RenPy dialogue.

Reactions: Z10bin

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
also is it possible to be able to hire more than one person from a staff search?
No, you can only hire one person from each staff search. It's especially annoying when you get 2 or sometimes 3 unique characters show up in the same batch of resumes. In the first couple of staff searches I always get some combination of Dinah Midari, Sylvia Weissfeldt, Paige Sallow and Kendra Rivera.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Is there a way to erase NPC from the game?? One of the girls is giving birth 2 times in a row and blocking ability to save.

ps it's on 29.1 version of mod. If you want, I can post a save to look into it.

AxelMasters

Jul 27, 2017
So I downloaded the beta version of the mod but now I get this error whenever I start a new game. Just in case you need to know I've only edited the script file to reduce the max random age someone can spawn, the points you can use at the start and reducing all the serums to have a 0% side effect chance.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes